NATION

PASSWORD

Immigrant recruits who were promised citizenship discharged

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Longweather
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Longweather » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Iridencia wrote:To me, this is a neat little bundle that illustrates the various falsehoods that America likes to tell itself: 1) That we care so deeply about our veterans and want to help them in any way we can, 2) That we only have a problem with immigrants who don't contribute to our society, 3) That we only have a problem with illegal immigrants.

I fail to see how any of these are proven as a lie by this article. They didn't actually serve, having only been in the reserves and not gone through full training. Therefore they can't really be called veterans. They weren't deported or removed so the last two don't seem to matter. All they did was get washed out of a defunct program.

Now there are other issues with this, but none of those points you made really concerned them.

Saiwania wrote:The mistake in my view, was promising them US citizenship in the first place. Any Chinese from the PRC are untrustworthy I'd say. In lieu of giving them citizenship, I'm more in favor of giving them $100 to $1,000 each. Enough so they can travel well enough but their experience not being a total loss.

That part about Chinese from the PRC being untrustworthy sounds too similar to the NASA stance. Can't even give Chinese foreign nationals a tour of a center because they're often restricted to having access to one room in one building... If they can even get physical access.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Longweather wrote:
Iridencia wrote:To me, this is a neat little bundle that illustrates the various falsehoods that America likes to tell itself: 1) That we care so deeply about our veterans and want to help them in any way we can, 2) That we only have a problem with immigrants who don't contribute to our society, 3) That we only have a problem with illegal immigrants.

I fail to see how any of these are proven as a lie by this article. They didn't actually serve, having only been in the reserves and not gone through full training. Therefore they can't really be called veterans. They weren't deported or removed so the last two don't seem to matter. All they did was get washed out of a defunct program.

Now there are other issues with this, but none of those points you made really concerned them.

Saiwania wrote:The mistake in my view, was promising them US citizenship in the first place. Any Chinese from the PRC are untrustworthy I'd say. In lieu of giving them citizenship, I'm more in favor of giving them $100 to $1,000 each. Enough so they can travel well enough but their experience not being a total loss.

That part about Chinese from the PRC being untrustworthy sounds too similar to the NASA stance. Can't even give Chinese foreign nationals a tour of a center because they're often restricted to having access to one room in one building... If they can even get physical access.

We have to overthrow the fucking PRC.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:44 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Longweather wrote:

Why? They're the reason why the US is somewhat competent.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Ayytaly wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

Why? They're the reason why the US is somewhat competent.

....mind explaining that 'logic'?

Unstoppable Empire of Doom
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unstoppable Empire of Doom » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Even captain america was denied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZNWWg0Q__U
Whoever said "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink" has clearly never drown a horse.

Previous

Return to General