NATION

PASSWORD

What should we do?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Ayytaly wrote:
Nogodia wrote:Avenge the trees fallen by beavers...
Predators kill their prey too slowly to be humane...

Yep. We're actually a LOT better at this stuff.

Trees are replanted by seeds shat out from birds. Nature finds a way to balance itself out, as long as it maintains its endemic species. Or at least it did until Europeans started to present themselves to other lands, bringing rats and roaches along the trip.

A lot of roach species weren't originally from Europeans. They often got them from the native lands and then brought them to other places. For example, the "German" cockroach (B. germanica, that is) is either native to northeastern Africa or southeastern Asia.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:37 pm

You may be interested in voting for Apophis 2028.

Sure, his term might start in April rather than January, but rest assured that he will end all of our pathetic and miserable existence in this bacteria ridden rock.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Freaneet
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Freaneet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:35 am

deleted
Last edited by Freaneet on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may be in a capitalist system and reaping its rewards, but I am by no means happy about it.

Pro: Communism, left-wing stuff
Anti: capitalism, right-wing nutters

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:10 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:Trees are replanted by seeds shat out from birds. Nature finds a way to balance itself out, as long as it maintains its endemic species. Or at least it did until Europeans started to present themselves to other lands, bringing rats and roaches along the trip.

A lot of roach species weren't originally from Europeans. They often got them from the native lands and then brought them to other places. For example, the "German" cockroach (B. germanica, that is) is either native to northeastern Africa or southeastern Asia.

But they still brought rats with them. Themselves too.

How did Europe go from centralized and sophistcated Rome to invasive Germanic savages pillaging the New World, I'll never know.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Blargoblarg
Minister

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:01 am

You can give up OP, but I won't. I'll keep doing what I can to make the world a better place.
Claudia De la Cruz 2024 Article about her here
Democrats and Republicans are both right-wing capitalists owned by the rich and the big corporations. Major media in the US is also owned by the rich and big corporations.
Major study finds that America is an oligarchy, not a democracy
"Workers of the world, unite!" -Marx and Engels
You can read The State and Revolution by Lenin for free here
My 8values results My leftvalues results
I am autistic.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:21 am

Ayytaly wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Sure, I'll respond to that, sorry I missed it earlier. Under the Catholic ethos, the ultimate purpose of life is deification. God is love, and Satan, being in opposition to God, is entirely against this. God wants what is best for humanity; Satan wants the exact opposite. God gave us free will so that we may truly "be like him," should we choose to, but this means we still have the option of choosing otherwise. This is the central reason why I am a Libertarian, because if God gives people free will, who am I, or what is the government, to restrict it? The point is, if we choose to be like God, we shall become like God. This is our ultimate potential, this is why we were made, and this is the exact opposite of what Satan wants.

God also created rules, regulations and punishment so as to not abuse our free will, lest we disregard His Commandments and act like murderous primal savages, which is exactly what Satan wants.

If anything, Satan is the epitome of Libertarianism, as it technically forbids God to have any say over our own actions.

Thats an interesting viewpoint.

Also I am fairly certain that his intepretation of catholicism is a rather unorthodox one.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:21 am

Ayytaly wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:A lot of roach species weren't originally from Europeans. They often got them from the native lands and then brought them to other places. For example, the "German" cockroach (B. germanica, that is) is either native to northeastern Africa or southeastern Asia.

But they still brought rats with them. Themselves too.

How did Europe go from centralized and sophistcated Rome to invasive Germanic savages pillaging the New World, I'll never know.

Imagine thinking Rome was any less barbaric than the Vikings, kek.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Agalaesia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Agalaesia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 am

We should never give up as a species, instead we should endure and persevere. We mustn't give up, instead, we must fight the issues that life is causing us.
Aga

Former Delegate of TRR, NSGE Organizer etc. Contact me on Discord at Aga#3979

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:02 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:But they still brought rats with them. Themselves too.

Imagine thinking Rome was any less barbaric than the Vikings, kek.

Indoor plumbing beats all.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:06 am

I don't know what "giving up as a species" entails specifically, but all the options that I've seen proposed are pretty terrible.

Like it or not, most people want to stick around, and pushing the message "we're never going to get better so we should stop trying" in an era of massively declining poverty, disease, malnutrition, illiteracy, and countless other quality-of-life hindrances will not go over well with Earth's population.

Flaxxony
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Flaxxony » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:07 am

This is such a silly question. Of course not.

But do I think we will destroy our own species due to the Pandora's box of bioengineered viruses and climate change? Almost certainly.

The only reason nukes haven't accomplished that feat yet is because it's easy to seek and destroy terrorists trying to make nukes. Even North Korea doesn't want to destroy itself.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General