NATION

PASSWORD

Japan and racial homogeneity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Okoate wrote:japan is japan i cant defend their shit anymore they are pretty xenophobic and as a man of color who has stayed there for a month on an exchange trip. i remember one time I had arrived at the Tokyo airport after my plane ride and i spoke to security guard at the airport and i was told by him not to ruin their country like our people(blacks) do.

Don't sweat it too much. The Japanese are said to get along with Whites better than Blacks but not by much. A lot of Japanese are familiar with the Black stereotypes, which exist because it is true at least to some extent.

Were I talking with that guard, I'd be telling him how cool I think it is that Japan has chosen to stay Japanese and how much I admire that. How my country can never reach and maintain such a standard. Maybe apologizing for the American military occupation not being perfect, but that in the end- our countries have their rightful places in the world and are in control over their futures.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Okoate wrote:japan is japan i cant defend their shit anymore they are pretty xenophobic and as a man of color who has stayed there for a month on an exchange trip. i remember one time I had arrived at the Tokyo airport after my plane ride and i spoke to security guard at the airport and i was told by him not to ruin their country like our people(blacks) do.

Don't sweat it too much. The Japanese are said to get along with Whites better than Blacks but not by much. A lot of Japanese are familiar with the Black stereotypes, which exist because it is true at least to some extent.

Were I talking with that guard, I'd be telling him how cool I think it is that Japan has chosen to stay Japanese and how much I admire that. How my country can never reach and maintain such a standard. Maybe apologizing for the American military occupation not being perfect, but that in the end- our countries have their rightful places in the world and are in control over their futures.

Wait

The... the black stereotypes being true to some extent????

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:22 pm

Saiwania wrote:

That's because of an unhealthy idolization of "The Other" that a lot of societies partake in.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Coming from a country that was a historical enemy of Japan (The Philippines) and are our opposites when it comes to homogeneity (We are extremely racially diverse). I hate the fact that all these Americans and Europeans especially worship the Japanese and condemn us when we are Christian, Western and have partial European and Latino descent. So I absolutely hate these Alt-Right and Weeabo Western Japanophiles to the core. They massacred millions of Spanish-Filipinos and American-Filipinos during the Japanese occupation here yet, like the little Fascist whores that they are, place their new boyfriend Japan above the blood of their own children, the Filipinos. So I have no love for Nazis. But I do admit that Japan is richer and more powerful than us. Facts are facts.
Last edited by Isles of Metanoia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
From the Philippines; Roman Catholic but Cosmopolitan; A member of the Alt-Lite.

Tupolite
Attaché

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tupolite » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

Wait

You walk through Harlem and try not to get mugged or worse.
Tupolite wrote:Sentience: The wherewithal to recognize when a gun is pointed at your head
Intelligence: The comprehension that the proper course of action is to get out of its way.

Lyrical International Brigade wrote:Holy crap, this is so close to being a rational thought it's physically painful.

Greater Victora wrote:What would happen if you were to combine a bunch of political ideologies I loathe with a passion? You'd get Tupolite. The only thing I don't hate about them is their pro-socioeconomic equality and maybe cultural christianity but that is it.
Political Test Results
Pro and Anti
Ideological Inspirations

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatsunia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:When you think of Japan, what comes to mind? The better automobiles? The efficient public transit? The colourful lights of Tokyo? The anime and manga?

Japan is a success story, a pinnacle of innovation and prosperity, and yet, a common criticism is its stance on race. Of all the examples cited of "Asia for Asians, white countries for everyone" it's arguably the one white people most badly wanted to go to in the first place. (Not that rejecting people pre-emptively before they even apply to immigrate was any less exclusionary.) It's notoriously averse to immigration, despite its aging population, as if they're holding onto some goal of racial homogeneity.

And yet, I cannot help wondering... what if the latter is the reason for those successes in the first place?

Regardless of any positive stereotypes about the Japanese or even Asians as a whole, another factor is the supposed value of racial homogeneity in the first place. It's human nature to side with one's own kind. It's plainly obvious from the conflicts between different races throughout history. It's no longer on that scale anymore, but is it possible that a smaller-scale version of that might be undermining the trust that clearly benefits co-operation? I wouldn't be surprised. If so, that is in turn useful to have in anything done more effectively as teams than as individuals...

Japan is a great nation. One of the world's greatest civilizations.

I traveled there and I don't know what they do with the food but its 1000% superior to anything you can find in Hong Kong and even Taiwan.

Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka were all very fun.

The nation is so clean and efficient and the people are intelligent and polite.

I like Japan's influence on the world with anime and they make the very best fruit gum candy.

I like Japan, too, but there are a lot of inefficiencies in the business culture. For example, offices are using fax machines instead of the latest digital technologies.

If such alleged behaviour is typical, it could explain Japanese firms' productivity crisis, says Rochelle Kopp, founder of Japan Intercultural Consulting, an international training and consulting firm focused on Japanese business.

With one foot in Tokyo and another in Silicon Valley, she says: "US workers are much more productive because they have access to the best technology - the US is at the technological frontier."

Japan's failure to ditch its analogue habits and go digital means its "companies are losing out on productivity boosters," says Ms Kopp, who used to work in a large Japanese firm for several years.

"Japanese IT departments are remorselessly conservative and hate to connect their computers to the outside world. They fear data theft and hacking, which also makes them fear abroad."

One female office worker in a global logistics company in Tokyo - again speaking on condition of anonymity - says: "Japanese hesitate to use anything new in the office."

She says the attitude tends to be "vincible ignorance" - what Aldous Huxley described as "not knowing because we don't want to".

Consequently, Japan's non-manufacturing productivity, despite the long hours worked, is the worst in the OECD countries and roughly half that of the US.

Hatsunia is intended to be like Japan if it actually had an efficient and tech-savvy economy.
Last edited by Hatsunia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hatsunia | 初音国
The first sound of the future, the society of the future

MT/PMT (Cyberprep) | National Day: August 31 | Ignore NS stats/policies | More than an "anime meme nation" | Less waifu, more wi-fi
Wiki (complete) | Space (WIP) | Map | Capital | MEACU | Micronesia | Tropes | Anthem ♪ | Civ ♫ | Futuristic playlist ♬ | Why Japan needs upgrades

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Tupolite wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Wait

I love black people, their women have Big Black Booties and their men have Big Black Cocks. I have light skin BTW and have Spanish descent.
Last edited by Isles of Metanoia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the Philippines; Roman Catholic but Cosmopolitan; A member of the Alt-Lite.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Isles of Metanoia wrote:Coming from a country that was a historical enemy of Japan (The Philippines) and are our opposites when it comes to homogeneity (We are extremely racially diverse). I hate the fact that all these Americans and Europeans especially worship the Japanese and condemn us when we are Christian, Western and have partial European and Latino descent. So I absolutely hate these Alt-Right and Weeabo Western Japanophiles to the core. They massacred millions of Spanish-Filipinos and American-Filipinos during the Japanese occupation here yet, like the little Fascist whores that they are, place their new boyfriend Japan above the blood of their own children, the Filipinos. So I have no love for Nazis. But I do admit that Japan is richer and more powerful than us. Facts are facts.

It's almost as if GDP per capita is used as a proxy of how civilized one's citizenry is perceived.

Tupolite
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupolite » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Hatsunia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:What concerns me about Japan is not race. It’s the mental health of its population and the little regard the society there has for people who don’t fit an established and rigid mold.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Nope, Japanese society is this way. Especially regarding individuality.

If only Japanese society had more tolerance for individualism...

because Hatsunia does exactly that

They may not be individualistic, but they're not collectivistic in the sense that the Japanese people are driven to help their own, just in that they lack the vital energy to act independently from their elders, no matter how senile or senseless. They were a race of warriors, but they've been bombed into a race of obsequious overgrown children.
Last edited by Tupolite on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tupolite wrote:Sentience: The wherewithal to recognize when a gun is pointed at your head
Intelligence: The comprehension that the proper course of action is to get out of its way.

Lyrical International Brigade wrote:Holy crap, this is so close to being a rational thought it's physically painful.

Greater Victora wrote:What would happen if you were to combine a bunch of political ideologies I loathe with a passion? You'd get Tupolite. The only thing I don't hate about them is their pro-socioeconomic equality and maybe cultural christianity but that is it.
Political Test Results
Pro and Anti
Ideological Inspirations

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 pm

They're just jealous of your BBC (Big Black Cock) and they wish that their microscopic ones are nearly as large as yours.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Isles of Metanoia wrote:So I absolutely hate these Alt-Right and Weeabo Western Japanophiles to the core. They massacred millions of Spanish-Filipinos and American-Filipinos during the Japanese occupation here yet, like the little Fascist whores that they are, place their new boyfriend Japan above their blood of their own children, the Filipinos. So I have no love for Nazis.

Bah. I think I resent the Philippines' claim to any kinship or alliance with the US, when the Filipinos did nothing but revolt against Americans being in their country upon their liberation from Spanish rule. Japan fought the US to the bitter end, but still offered less violent resistence after an armistice was signed than the people of the Philippines did from 1898 until 1913 and perhaps beyond that.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:37 pm

Japan can do whatever the f%%k they want. Being non-white makes them immune to the criticisms of nut job SJWs
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Tupolite
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupolite » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Isles of Metanoia wrote:
Tupolite wrote:

I love black people, their women have Big Black Booties and their men have Big Black Cocks. I have light skin BTW and have Spanish descent.

You're a gadfly extraordinaire, but I know another Hispanic with light skin who would be much less civil in his response. Several actually. It's only America that accumulates the trash of the Latin American nations. We know they must be trash not just from their gangster behavior, but from their lack of fidelity to their motherlands. Ask New French Etat, Nuevo Hispanyo, or Krich Aerd (all Latin American fascists) and they'll tell you the same.

(I'm assuming you mentioned Spanish descent to annoy me somehow)
Last edited by Tupolite on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Test Results
Pro and Anti
Ideological Inspirations

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Hatsunia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Japan is a great nation. One of the world's greatest civilizations.

I traveled there and I don't know what they do with the food but its 1000% superior to anything you can find in Hong Kong and even Taiwan.

Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka were all very fun.

The nation is so clean and efficient and the people are intelligent and polite.

I like Japan's influence on the world with anime and they make the very best fruit gum candy.

I like Japan, too, but there are a lot of inefficiencies in the business culture. For example, offices are using fax machines instead of the latest digital technologies.

If such alleged behaviour is typical, it could explain Japanese firms' productivity crisis, says Rochelle Kopp, founder of Japan Intercultural Consulting, an international training and consulting firm focused on Japanese business.

With one foot in Tokyo and another in Silicon Valley, she says: "US workers are much more productive because they have access to the best technology - the US is at the technological frontier."

Japan's failure to ditch its analogue habits and go digital means its "companies are losing out on productivity boosters," says Ms Kopp, who used to work in a large Japanese firm for several years.

"Japanese IT departments are remorselessly conservative and hate to connect their computers to the outside world. They fear data theft and hacking, which also makes them fear abroad."

One female office worker in a global logistics company in Tokyo - again speaking on condition of anonymity - says: "Japanese hesitate to use anything new in the office."

She says the attitude tends to be "vincible ignorance" - what Aldous Huxley described as "not knowing because we don't want to".

Consequently, Japan's non-manufacturing productivity, despite the long hours worked, is the worst in the OECD countries and roughly half that of the US.

Hatsunia is intended to be like Japan if it actually had an efficient and tech-savvy economy.

Fax machines are actually pretty reliable, last forever, etc... but yeah, offices in Japan do need to modernize.

TBH, I would've gone with their belief that meetings need to be face to face, unpaid overtime while dealing with only average amounts of work, worshipping business cards, etc...
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Isles of Metanoia wrote:Coming from a country that was a historical enemy of Japan (The Philippines) and are our opposites when it comes to homogeneity (We are extremely racially diverse). I hate the fact that all these Americans and Europeans especially worship the Japanese and condemn us when we are Christian, Western and have partial European and Latino descent. So I absolutely hate these Alt-Right and Weeabo Western Japanophiles to the core. They massacred millions of Spanish-Filipinos and American-Filipinos during the Japanese occupation here yet, like the little Fascist whores that they are, place their new boyfriend Japan above the blood of their own children, the Filipinos. So I have no love for Nazis. But I do admit that Japan is richer and more powerful than us. Facts are facts.

It's almost as if GDP per capita is used as a proxy of how civilized one's citizenry is perceived.

I find it total bullshit how everything is measured via GDP. Israel for example has the Middle East's highest GDP per Capita but is ranked among the lowest when it come to good character, love, generosity and charity.

Israel rank - 75

If you compare Charitable giving (As measured by amount of time spent in volunteering, percentage of income donated for charity and helping others), the Philippine's rank is a respectable 46 while Japan is at a dismal 102.

https://www.cafonline.org/docs/default- ... f?sfvrsn=2

We may be poor because we are the second most disaster prone nation on earth, but at least we care and love others more the greedy, fascist, selfish Japs.

Wealthis not a measure of civilization.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 pm

Isles of Metanoia wrote:I find it total bullshit how everything is measured via GDP. We may be poor because we are the second most disaster prone nation on earth, but at least we care and love others more the greedy, fascist, selfish Japs.

The harsh reality is that wealth is a crucial measure of civilization, it dictates how well off the people of that society can actually live. In real life, no one gives a crap about anyone who is "nice." What people respect more is how much money that person earns or has. What their status actually is within that society.

Showing kindness and charity, is more often than not- a losing proposition. Nice guys finish last after all. No good deed is unpunished.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Acolyte

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:56 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:>discussing gummies but not even mentioning the wonderful world of Calpis
How dare you?

Unfortunately not a fan...

However: Sushi, octopus balls, mocha ice cream with cinnamon, fried pork with rice, ramen, Japanese BBQ, udon, fried tofu?

Sign me up

You have committed a grave sin.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Japan can do whatever the f%%k they want. Being non-white makes them immune to the criticisms of nut job SJWs

You sure? Because I've seen a lot of "nut job SJWs" talking about this negatively here, or simply calling into question the very premises.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Isles of Metanoia wrote:So I absolutely hate these Alt-Right and Weeabo Western Japanophiles to the core. They massacred millions of Spanish-Filipinos and American-Filipinos during the Japanese occupation here yet, like the little Fascist whores that they are, place their new boyfriend Japan above their blood of their own children, the Filipinos. So I have no love for Nazis.

Bah. I think I resent the Philippines' claim to any kinship or alliance with the US, when the Filipinos did nothing but revolt against Americans being in their country upon their liberation from Spanish rule. Japan fought the US to the bitter end, but still offered less violent resistence after an armistice was signed than the people of the Philippines did from 1898 until 1913 and perhaps beyond that.

Yes, suck your Japanese Boyfriend's cock you shameless Fascist. The Japanese have more capacity to attack an Imperialist America since they were on the same development level and have a population parity with America then but actually had zero commonality with America. We had less of an advantage being 4x less populous than America and just freshly impovrished with a war of independence against Spain. Yet, America our only sworn ally betrayed us. The souless Americans wouldn't have won the American revolution against Britain if it were not for the French, Spanish and Dutch who all helped America, the French for blockading the British Navy abroad, the Dutch for lending largse sums of money to the original 13 states and Spanish for smuggling weapons from the south. Yet, the Americans despite PROMISING to help the revolution betrayed it in the end. The First Philippine Republic's Constitution was actually patterned after the American Constitution and pure Whites including some of my ancestors, were part of drafting it. The Philippine's is simply the inconvenient truth you shut your eyes to. The First Republic was waged in the spirit of the American and French revolutions as models yet ironically it was Americans who promised to help the Revolution, that that crushed the Republic and had finalized their treaty to buy the Philippines from Spain in Paris with the support of the French. You just can't bare seeing me talk because I talk the truth about your shitty fascist kind. And you just collectively shit on the 1 Million Filipinos of American descent and the Millions more of Spanish who were massacred en masse during the Japanese occupation. If you want to be fascist dipshit at least proclaim the supremacy of your own race and culture instead of an enemy ones'.

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Yes, I've seen and heard Alt-Right and Neo-Nazi types refer to Filipinos as "mutts," "monkeys," and worse. They have no appreciation for their former colony and seemingly more respect for a beaten foe. Curious.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Nihon koku wrote:

Yes, I've seen and heard Alt-Right and Neo-Nazi types refer to Filipinos as "mutts," "monkeys," and worse. They have no appreciation for their former colony and seemingly more respect for a beaten foe. Curious.

Saiwania wrote:
Isles of Metanoia wrote:I find it total bullshit how everything is measured via GDP. We may be poor because we are the second most disaster prone nation on earth, but at least we care and love others more the greedy, fascist, selfish Japs.

The harsh reality is that wealth is a crucial measure of civilization, it dictates how well off the people of that society can actually live. In real life, no one gives a crap about anyone who is "nice." What people respect more is how much money that person earns or has. What their status actually is within that society.

Showing kindness and charity, is more often than not- a losing proposition. Nice guys finish last after all. No good deed is unpunished.

Sai's post sums up that attitude.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Saiwania wrote:

You have no understanding of true value. Manila has been destroyed by over 11 wars of conquest and hundreds of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods and typhoons. Sure, sure you may live more comfortably than us but we know that we inherently possess a greater dignity than you because we operate at a higher difficulty level. Every inch of space here is hard fought and we have a vastly intricate history. So go and enjoy your easy-living you entitled fascist fatso, while we enjoy working and sacrifice.
Last edited by Isles of Metanoia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tupolite
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupolite » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:A great way to star another major war.

It isn't. Almost nobody is going to take this seriously.

The only thing making it very close to reality once again is the bureaucratized internationalism of the European Union and the United Nations.

Political Test Results
Pro and Anti
Ideological Inspirations

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Nihon koku wrote:

Well it's their loss, it give me fodder to expose their hypocrisy. You should enjoy them sucking Japan's dick collectively, because they willingly sacrifice their own children to do so.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Isles of Metanoia wrote:You have no understanding of true value. Manila has been destroyed by over 11 wars of conquest and hundreds of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods and typhoons. Sure, sure you may live more comfortably than us but we know that we inherently possess I higher dignity than you because we operate at a higher difficulty level.

Poverty is never a virtue in and of itself, but maybe it can be virtuous if someone can endure such a situation and digs themselves out of it. No one wants to be poor, everyone is trying to become rich. But by necessity, only some will manage to become rich. The rest will do well enough to live life to an okay standard or will stay poor.
Sith Acolyte

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General