NATION

PASSWORD

Japan and racial homogeneity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Nihon koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:
Well sure, because it happened 70 years ago. The 20 million dead Chinese and the atrocities committed by the IJA in China are still not answered for. I personally would like to see the Yasukuni Shrine burned to the ground and the land salted with human feces as reparation for Japanese war crimes.

I'd worry more about the government in control of China that has killed 65 million (or more) Chinese and continues to oppress people.

Edit for bolded addition: that sounds incredibly disturbed. :?

Difference is, that's their government, not a foreign invasion.

And yes, the Yasukuni Shrine is one of the most evil places on Earth and deserves proper desecration and defilement.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Nihon koku wrote:I'd worry more about the government in control of China that has killed 65 million (or more) Chinese and continues to oppress people.

And yes, the Yasukuni Shrine is one of the most evil places on Earth and deserves proper desecration and defilement.

Hey we never consented to CCP rule so it is as much of an occupation gov as the Yuan or IJA in 1937.

You are a collectivist who can't get over symbols. The Yasukuni Shrine isn't causing any harm today. ISIS on the other hand does. You should go after the latter, not the former.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:31 pm

Tupolite wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:That sounds almost like Lebensraum.

All the South Slavic lands should be Italian territory

A great way to start another major war.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:31 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
There is no such thing as justice.

Japan is NOT invading China now and is NOT killing Chinese people now. Nor are they even capable of pulling off that invasion again. So..why shall people still care any more? People who were alive in 1945 are dying off.

Probably because most of the Japanese war criminals got of scot free and even lived long and happy lives.

A few of them even became PMs and other high ranking government officials in Japan, adding salt to the wound.

So did most German war criminals.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:31 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Tupolite wrote:
All the South Slavic lands should be Italian territory

A great way to star another major war.

It isn't. Almost nobody is going to take this seriously.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Nihon koku wrote:I'd worry more about the government in control of China that has killed 65 million (or more) Chinese and continues to oppress people.

It's acceptable to be mass-murdered in greater numbers if it's "your" (and by that I mean the unelected winners of a civil war) government? Yikes.
Last edited by Nihon koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Nihon koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

It's better to be mass-murdered in greater numbers if it's "your" (and by that I mean the unelected winners of a civil war) government? Yikes.

Yeah that makes no sense. This is pure, undiluted collectivism.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:33 pm

NERVUN wrote:
New haven america wrote:Probably because most of the Japanese war criminals got of scot free and even lived long and happy lives.

A few of them even became PMs and other high ranking government officials in Japan, adding salt to the wound.

So did most German war criminals.

Wow, way to ignore that the ones who did either lived out in exile/hiding or got caught and sent to the Nuremberg Trials.

Defend this all you'd like NERV, doesn't change the fact that Japan got away with war crimes basically scot free.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Hey we never consented to CCP rule so it is as much of an occupation gov as the Yuan or IJA in 1937.

You are a collectivist who can't get over symbols. The Yasukuni Shrine isn't causing any harm today. ISIS on the other hand does. You should go after the latter, not the former.

Well that government won the war and a lot of people supported it, so I don't know what the issue is?

The IJA was far worse than ISIS but unlike them there's a government in this world that maintains a shrine dedicated to their atrocities.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:35 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Hey we never consented to CCP rule so it is as much of an occupation gov as the Yuan or IJA in 1937.

Well that government won the war and a lot of people supported it, so I don't know what the issue is?

The IJA was far worse than ISIS but unlike them there's a government in this world that maintains a shrine dedicated to their atrocities.

Yeah but Mongols and Manchus won wars too. If you win wars then you can manufacture support if you hold power for long enough. So what?

I'm not really sure.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:36 pm

New haven america wrote:
NERVUN wrote:So did most German war criminals.

Wow, way to ignore that the ones who did either lived out in exile/hiding or got caught and sent to the Nuremberg Trials.

Defend this all you'd like NERV, doesn't change the fact that Japan got away with war crimes basically scot free.

They still even romanticize some of those war criminals as well.

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:36 pm

New haven america wrote:Japan got away with war crimes basically scot free.

I might buy that if Japan was never occupied and left free after the war.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:37 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
New haven america wrote:Wow, way to ignore that the ones who did either lived out in exile/hiding or got caught and sent to the Nuremberg Trials.

They still even romanticize some of those war criminals as well.

They don't even teach WWII in schools, and the ones who do either skim through it or treat it as Japan who was the wronged party.

Most modern-day Japanese don't even know what a German Swastika looks like.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:38 pm

We should have also abolished their monarchy and put the Emperor on trial for war crimes.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:39 pm

New haven america wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:They still even romanticize some of those war criminals as well.

They don't even teach WWII in schools, and the ones who do either skim through it or treat it as Japan who was the wronged party.

That's what ethnonats always do.

Was Tudman a hero or a war criminal? What about Milosevic? Karadic? Most "national heroes" are deadly people.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:40 pm

New haven america wrote:
NERVUN wrote:So did most German war criminals.

Exactly how did it get off scott free? Hmm? A number of class As were tried and hanged in Tokyo and elsewhere. Japan was stripped of every bit of land it had taken not just in WWII, but prior to. It was also leveled during the war and spent years trying to rebuild. It has paid billions in reparations and apologized.

Were a number of people conveniently let out? Yup, they were. So were a lot of Germans after it was all said and done. If you look at the history, after the BIG names at Nuremberg, the allies stopped being so zealous in their pursuit of justice. And the advancing cold war made it so that it became more expedient to release and rehabilitate a number of former Nazis in order to keep West Germany going. A number of nasty people were quietly given passes to the US in order to use their knowledge for our purposes as well.

I.e. EXACTLY what happened with Japan.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Hey we never consented to CCP rule so it is as much of an occupation gov as the Yuan or IJA in 1937.

:eyebrow:

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:42 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:We should have also abolished their monarchy and put the Emperor on trial for war crimes.

Such as?

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Yeah but Mongols and Manchus won wars too. If you win wars then you can manufacture support if you hold power for long enough. So what?

I'm not really sure.

Dude, my argument isn't about government legitimacy but the fact that a country maintains a shrine that worships war criminals who intentionally addicted people to opium, performed unbelievably disgusting experiments on human slaves, and committed horrific war crimes that are far beyond the scope of this post to describe. Unless you think a Chinese woman having a bottle and cane shoved up her vagina while being bayoneted by IJA soldiers is no big deal.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
New haven america wrote:They don't even teach WWII in schools, and the ones who do either skim through it or treat it as Japan who was the wronged party.

1. That's what ethnonats always do.

2. Was Tudman a hero or a war criminal? What about Milosevic? Karadic? Most "national heroes" are deadly people.

1. Uh, no, they most definitely teach about the Yugoslav Wars in former Yugoslavia.
2. Most of the non-NATO leaders in the Yugoslav Wars are/were war criminals. There's no real innocent party in that conflict and was honestly one of the worst possible examples you could use.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

I'm not really sure.

Dude, my argument isn't about government legitimacy but the fact that a country maintains a shrine that worships war criminals who intentionally addicted people to opium, performed unbelievably disgusting experiments on human slaves, and committed horrific war crimes that are far beyond the scope of this post to describe. Unless you think a Chinese woman having a bottle and cane shoved up her vagina while being bayoneted by IJA soldiers is no big deal.

It is a big deal. However that fucking happened 82 years ago, not today. The perpetrators are almost all already dead.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm

New haven america wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:They still even romanticize some of those war criminals as well.

Most modern-day Japanese don't even know what a German Swastika looks like.

1. They do teach WWII in schools. My kids are covering it right now. No, Japan isn't taught as the wronged party.

2. *sighs* Not this again. The problem is that Buddhism uses the same symbol.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm

*mod hat on* Gang (And I'm including myself in this), Japan's war crimes and various other matters related to who did what to whom and if they have apologized for it, are not related to the topic at hand. Let's get it back there.

Thread will reopen in 5 minutes.

Edit: Thread reopened. I'll remind myself to stay on topic. Bad Mod, no biscuit!
Last edited by NERVUN on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:57 pm

I think the OP could use some sources for its claims, such as on "common criticisms" of Japan.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:57 pm

That was more than five minutes. :)

Does any NGO keep demographic information about the ethnic groups in Japan? I know the government doesn't.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General