NATION

PASSWORD

Japan and racial homogeneity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel wrote:Well because you'er Japanese I will take your word for what you say, at least for point 1 and 2.

NERV, Japanese? >.> <.<

Oh did I fuck up? Sorry Nerv my bad.
Just call me C.I.S.I
I am a proud Fascist and Nationalist
Dispatches
My political results
"God does not exist—religion in science is an absurdity, in practice an immorality and in men a disease."- Benito Mussolini

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:10 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
I think we simply disagree on what it means to rape a country. I interpreted it literally. I won't say that they make Nazis seem like good guys. Nope. IJA/IJN brutality can be easily understood from a Sinosphere POV. It is basically "legalized" mass Zhangism. Zhangism isn't a genocidal ideology like Nazism. Instead it is people going Eliot Rodgers.

No, they did literally rape Korea and China.

The Nazi's in China had to open a no-go zone/refugee camp in China to keep the Chinese safe from Japanese soldiers.

John Rabe did that, yes. Doesn't mean that Nazis are less nasty on average.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
NERV, Japanese? >.> <.<

Oh did I fuck up? Sorry Nerv my bad.

He lives there, yes. He’s, however, not Japanese. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:12 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:
Sure, no big deal..and you wonder why everyone else in Asia hates Japan?

And if Japan hadn't declared a war of aggression against China it would have been the strongest country in Asia far earlier than it was historically.

Sure. The Second Sino-Japanese War was an unfortunate event that shouldn't have happened.

An "unfortunate event" is putting it mildly.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:12 pm

My assumptions:
1. Homogeneity has almost no effect or at most a weak effect on wealth
2. The percentage of population in a society that is Japanese (J%) positively correlates with wealth
3. The percentage of population in a society that is white (W%) positively correlates with wealth

Since 3 is too taboo many people pretend that 1 is false.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
Sure. The Second Sino-Japanese War was an unfortunate event that shouldn't have happened.

Right. However it is not productive to emphasize that.

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel wrote:Oh did I fuck up? Sorry Nerv my bad.

He lives there, yes. He’s, however, not Japanese. :p

Oof, well I still will take his word because he lives there. Again, sorry NERV. I know it sucks when you say someone is something that they are not.
Just call me C.I.S.I
I am a proud Fascist and Nationalist
Dispatches
My political results
"God does not exist—religion in science is an absurdity, in practice an immorality and in men a disease."- Benito Mussolini

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Right. However it is not productive to emphasize that.

Well, no it is because the Second Sino-Japanese War was one of the most destructive and brutal conflicts in human history. The Japanese started a clear war of aggression against China and committed horrifying atrocities against its people that have still not yet been truly paid for.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel wrote:
NERVUN wrote:1. It's not so hard to move to Japan.
2. They aren't doing it to 'preserve' their culture. Japanese culture is a very eclectic mixture of a lot of things and Japan is usually hungry for more to import. I'm not sitting on a zabudon and tatami in a washitsu while wearing a kimono and using a fude on washiki to talk to you right now.
3. Not really, no. The nationalist are the people in the black sound vans who annoy the hell out of everyone else.

Well because you'er Japanese I will take your word for what you say, at least for point 1 and 2.

I'm not Japanese. I am, however, a permanent resident of Japan. I've been here 15 years now.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Neko-koku wrote:My assumptions:
1. Homogeneity has almost no effect or at most a weak effect on wealth
2. The percentage of population in a society that is Japanese (J%) positively correlates with wealth
3. The percentage of population in a society that is white (W%) positively correlates with wealth

Since 3 is too taboo many people pretend that 1 is false.

You are making so many mistakes with these assumptions that I could write a book series rivaling Discworld in length about the flaws in your ideas.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Right. However it is not productive to emphasize that.

Well, no it is because the Second Sino-Japanese War was one of the most destructive and brutal conflicts in human history. The Japanese started a clear war of aggression against China and committed horrifying atrocities against its people that have still not yet been truly paid for.

China is pretty much free from damage during the Second Sino-Japanese War (and in fact even almost all of the Maoist damage) today because Chinese people are extremely good at undoing damage. Right now what I care about is Xi's damage because it is ongoing.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2012

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Right. However it is not productive to emphasize that.

There's a lot of that around the world. Europeans and European-Americans (whites?) genocided 100 million Native Americans and that's never truly been paid for. And who knows how many Africans perished at their hands.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:When you think of Japan, what comes to mind? The better automobiles? The efficient public transit? The colourful lights of Tokyo? The anime and manga?

Japan is a success story, a pinnacle of innovation and prosperity, and yet, a common criticism is its stance on race. Of all the examples cited of "Asia for Asians, white countries for everyone" it's arguably the one white people most badly wanted to go to in the first place. (Not that rejecting people pre-emptively before they even apply to immigrate was any less exclusionary.) It's notoriously averse to immigration, despite its aging population, as if they're holding onto some goal of racial homogeneity.

And yet, I cannot help wondering... what if the latter is the reason for those successes in the first place?

Regardless of any positive stereotypes about the Japanese or even Asians as a whole, another factor is the supposed value of racial homogeneity in the first place. It's human nature to side with one's own kind. It's plainly obvious from the conflicts between different races throughout history. It's no longer on that scale anymore, but is it possible that a smaller-scale version of that might be undermining the trust that clearly benefits co-operation? I wouldn't be surprised. If so, that is in turn useful to have in anything done more effectively as teams than as individuals...

Not all homogeneous societies are awesome though. Iceland is awesome because it is white in general and Nordic in particular. Japan is awesome because it is NE Asian.

How does that matter?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Nihon koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

There's a lot of that around the world. Europeans and European-Americans (whites?) genocided 100 million Native Americans and that's never truly been paid for. And who knows how many Africans perished at their hands.

From a utilitarian point of view..it is nice that white America and white Australia exist.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:22 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
Not all homogeneous societies are awesome though. Iceland is awesome because it is white in general and Nordic in particular. Japan is awesome because it is NE Asian.

How does that matter?

In what sense? Homogeneity does not significantly boost economic production lol.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:22 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

China is pretty much free from damage during the Second Sino-Japanese War (and in fact even almost all of the Maoist damage) today. Right now what I care about is Xi's damage because it is ongoing.

Well sure, because it happened 70 years ago. The 20 million dead Chinese and the atrocities committed by the IJA in China are still not answered for. I personally would like to see the Yasukuni Shrine burned to the ground and the land salted with human feces as reparation for Japanese war crimes.
Last edited by Vetalia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

China is pretty much free from damage during the Second Sino-Japanese War (and in fact even almost all of the Maoist damage) today because Chinese people are extremely good at undoing damage. Right now what I care about is Xi's damage because it is ongoing.

Yeah, and Japan's mostly free from damage caused by WWII.

Having a lot of time between then and now tends to help with that.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
China is pretty much free from damage during the Second Sino-Japanese War (and in fact even almost all of the Maoist damage) today. Right now what I care about is Xi's damage because it is ongoing.

Well sure, because it happened 70 years ago. The 20 million dead Chinese and the atrocities committed by the IJA in China are still not answered for. I personally would like to see the Yasukuni Shrine burned to the ground and the land salted with human feces as reparation for Japanese war crimes.

I'd worry more about the government in control of China that has killed 65 million (or more) Chinese and continues to oppress people.

Edit for bolded addition: that sounds incredibly disturbed. :?
Last edited by Nihon koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

There is no such thing as justice.

Japan is NOT invading China now and is NOT killing Chinese people now. Nor are they even capable of pulling off that invasion again. So..why shall people still care any more? People who were alive in 1945 are dying off. What you described is not something any rational person should be angry about.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
New haven america wrote:America did that, it's called Liberia.

And they clearly aren't a utopia given the state of vexillology around there.

Liberian flags are great, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm

New haven america wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:And they clearly aren't a utopia given the state of vexillology around there.

Liberian flags are great, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, this is just gorgeous.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Japan is NOT invading China now and is NOT killing Chinese people now. Nor are they even capable of pulling off that invasion again. So..why shall people still care any more? People who were alive in 1945 are dying off.

Probably because most of the Japanese war criminals got of scot free and even lived long and happy lives.

A few of them even became PMs and other high ranking government officials in Japan, adding salt to the wound.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
New haven america wrote:America did that, it's called Liberia.

And they clearly aren't a utopia given the state of vexillology around there.

Right?! The flags are actually so bad it's impressive.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
New haven america wrote:Liberian flags are great, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, this is just gorgeous.

7/5 would look at again.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:27 pm

New haven america wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

Japan is NOT invading China now and is NOT killing Chinese people now. Nor are they even capable of pulling off that invasion again. So..why shall people still care any more? People who were alive in 1945 are dying off.

Probably because most of the Japanese war criminals got of scot free and even lived long and happy lives.

A few of them even became PMs and other high ranking government officials in Japan, adding salt to the wound.

People need to get over past events that are no longer relevant, especially events before one was born. CCP is fucking relevant today. If it is gone and we get freedom in China then people really shouldn't talk about it every day either because it is a waste of time. I still talk about Zhang Xianzhongs because they are unfortunately still relevant.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General