NATION

PASSWORD

Japan and racial homogeneity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Empire of Asgadr wrote:
Kubra wrote: what about when that bloke declared himself Jesus's favourite drinking buddy or something and then like a gazillion people died

Hong Xiuquan, he declared himself the younger Brother of Jesus and started a rebellion against the Manchu. His rebellion killed an estimated 20 - 30 million people

China has a tendency to implode every 200-300 years. It does not change the fact that when we don't observe these implosions China is generally fairly peaceful.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm

New haven america wrote:
Empire of Asgadr wrote:
Hong Xiuquan, he declared himself the younger Brother of Jesus and started a rebellion against the Manchu. His rebellion killed an estimated 20 - 30 million people

Or what about the time Japan literally raped an entire country.

Yep, Asian xenophobia is much more peaceful.

LOL nope.

Yes IJA war rape did exist. However Japan never fucking raped an entire country. That's infeasible.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Nihon koku
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nihon koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:If Japan wishes to remain Japanese then I see no reason why it should not be able to.

Is anyone arguing against that?

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:31 pm

I don't find what Japan is doing racist. They just want to preserve their culture and are nationalistic.
Just call me C.I.S.I
I am a proud Fascist and Nationalist
Dispatches
My political results
"God does not exist—religion in science is an absurdity, in practice an immorality and in men a disease."- Benito Mussolini

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Nihon koku wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:If Japan wishes to remain Japanese then I see no reason why it should not be able to.

Is anyone arguing against that?

No, we're arguing against the notion that Japan being ethnocentric is justification that "white" countries such as the US and Australia should remain and reinforce such racial policies. Ergo, threadjackers are using Japan as a platform with /pol/-esque rhetoric.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Ayytaly wrote:
Nihon koku wrote:Is anyone arguing against that?

No, we're arguing against the notion that Japan being ethnocentric is justification that "white" countries such as the US and Australia should remain and reinforce such racial policies. Ergo, threadjackers are using Japan as a platform with /pol/-esque rhetoric.

Japan remaining mostly Japanese would be akin to Germany remaining mostly german, not America remaining mostly white. There is no nation that is officially asian. The Japanese are trying to specifically remain japanese. They don't even want large numbers of Koreans moving in. Totally different than what the alt right is proposing
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel wrote:I don't find what Japan is doing racist. They just want to preserve their culture and are nationalistic.

Mmmm, nope.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:No, we're arguing against the notion that Japan being ethnocentric is justification that "white" countries such as the US and Australia should remain and reinforce such racial policies. Ergo, threadjackers are using Japan as a platform with /pol/-esque rhetoric.

Japan remaining mostly Japanese would be akin to Germany remaining mostly german, not America remaining mostly white. There is no nation that is officially NE Asian. The Japanese are trying to specifically remain japanese. They don't even want large numbers of Koreans moving in. Totally different than what the alt right is proposing

We can and should create one in space.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
New haven america wrote:Or what about the time Japan literally raped an entire country.

Yep, Asian xenophobia is much more peaceful.

LOL nope.

Yes IJA war rape did exist. However Japan never fucking raped an entire country. That's infeasible.

Korea and Manchuria would disagree.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:LOL nope.

Not really. IJA and IJN did commit a lot of war crimes..but still not to the point of "raping a country" (as in raping every woman in it?! What?!).
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:LOL nope.

Particularly Korea, where there are a lot of people who still hate the Japanese over that.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Japan remaining mostly Japanese would be akin to Germany remaining mostly german, not America remaining mostly white. There is no nation that is officially NE Asian. The Japanese are trying to specifically remain japanese. They don't even want large numbers of Koreans moving in. Totally different than what the alt right is proposing

It could happen if you start having kids again and don't commit yourselves to a life of webcam chatting, videogaming, moldy Hungry Howie's pizza and weird stuff geeky people do in their spare time
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Not really. IJA and IJN did commit a lot of war crimes..but still not to the point of "raping a country" (as in raping every woman in it?! What?!).

*laughs in Mongolian*

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Not really. IJA and IJN did commit a lot of war crimes..but still not to the point of "raping a country" (as in rape every woman in it?! Nope).

Well, sure, if you frame it in that absurdly narrow way, no. But in any literal sense, yes the Japanese did rape Korea and Manchuria.
Last edited by Vetalia on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:43 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel wrote:I don't find what Japan is doing racist. They just want to preserve their culture and are nationalistic.

Mmmm, nope.

Then why else would it be so hard to move to Japan? They are nationalistic people are they not?
Just call me C.I.S.I
I am a proud Fascist and Nationalist
Dispatches
My political results
"God does not exist—religion in science is an absurdity, in practice an immorality and in men a disease."- Benito Mussolini

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
Not really. IJA and IJN did commit a lot of war crimes..but still not to the point of "raping a country" (as in rape every woman in it?! Nope).

Well, sure, if you frame it in that absurdly narrow way way no. But in any literal sense, yes the Japanese did rape Korea and Manchuria.

As in "exploit" then for sure.

Ayytaly
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:No, we're arguing against the notion that Japan being ethnocentric is justification that "white" countries such as the US and Australia should remain and reinforce such racial policies. Ergo, threadjackers are using Japan as a platform with /pol/-esque rhetoric.

Japan remaining mostly Japanese would be akin to Germany remaining mostly german, not America remaining mostly white. There is no nation that is officially asian. The Japanese are trying to specifically remain japanese. They don't even want large numbers of Koreans moving in. Totally different than what the alt right is proposing

You DO realize that the altright/nazincels overlook Japanese ethnic identity and only see Japan as being 95% Oriental Asian, right? That's what I meant about Altrighters salivating over the idea of "white-only" nations (most being former colonies), and use Japan as a comparison for its success as a "racially monogenous" nation.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

It could happen if you start having kids again and don't commit yourselves to a life of webcam chatting, videogaming, moldy Hungry Howie's pizza and weird stuff geeky people do in their spare time

It's hard.

I prefer programming and writing stories to dating. Sorry.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Ayytaly wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

You DO realize that the altright/nazincels overlook Japanese ethnic identity and only see Japan as being 95% Oriental Asian, right? That's what I meant about Altrighters salivating over the idea of "white-only" nations (most being former colonies), and use Japan as a comparison for its success as a "racially monogenous" nation.

Successful essentially white-only states already exist. Iceland is a good example.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:
Well, sure, if you frame it in that absurdly narrow way way no. But in any literal sense, yes the Japanese did rape Korea and Manchuria.

As in "exploit" then for sure.

Forced opium addiction, extraction of comfort women and using Chinese as "logs" in the Unit 731 experiments goes a hell of a lot farther than merely "exploiting" Manchuria and Korea. That sounds like rape to me.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:As in "exploit" then for sure.

Forced opium addiction, extraction of comfort women and using Chinese as "logs" in the Unit 731 experiments goes a hell of a lot farther than merely "exploiting" Manchuria and Korea. That sounds like rape to me.

It's not really rape but yes these are real.

However it does not change the fact that Japan was the greatest NE Asian country before the rise of China. This may have saved us from global extermination.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:48 pm

If Japan is having population problems and everything has failed (if the Japanese on their own, aren't capable of reproducing enough), it is arguably better if Japan imported some Chinese and Koreans because the resulting babies will look Japanese enough. After all, Japan has some historical precedent for taking Chinese and Korean women as war conquests, so... what difference will there be if Japan's immediate neighbors were used/exploited for Japan's national interests once more, only via targeted breeding/immigration?

Even though I'd prefer Japanese to be sleeping with other Japanese, if that is not possible to enough of an extent- it is better that they sleep with Chinese and Koreans so the product of that will still look suitably Asian or Japanese enough. Just as it is more acceptable in my mind for a Japanese woman to have slept with a White American GI than for her to have been with a Black American GI.

A half White Japanese will look more Asian than a half Black Japanese. Thus the damage to that heritage is perceivably less, even if its still there.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Ayytaly
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:You DO realize that the altright/nazincels overlook Japanese ethnic identity and only see Japan as being 95% Oriental Asian, right? That's what I meant about Altrighters salivating over the idea of "white-only" nations (most being former colonies), and use Japan as a comparison for its success as a "racially monogenous" nation.

Successful essentially white-only states already exist. Iceland is a good example.

Isolation is key as to why they're more crime-free compared to Sweden. Same goes for Japan.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

It's not really rape but yes these are real.

However it does not change the fact that Japan was the greatest NE Asian country before the rise of China. This may have saved us from global extermination.

Sure, no big deal..and you wonder why everyone else in Asia hates Japan?

And if Japan hadn't declared a war of aggression against China it would have been the strongest country in Asia far earlier than it was historically.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Ayytaly wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

Isolation is key as to why they're more crime-free compared to Sweden. Same goes for Japan.

Wut? Japan and Iceland are both very low crime.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General