NATION

PASSWORD

Genetically engineered sperm

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh, absolutely. We would need a very good regulatory system so as to minimize abuse of such tech as much as possible.

No, we should embrace the abuses in my view. I want to be using this for the purposes of race. After only one or a few generations, if this were used for all or most of a country's zygotes, the skin color and other traits can be selected by the state to come up with a national standard for aesthetics.

A Japanese baby in that situation, could still look stereotypically Japanese even if the father is Black as one example. In the old days, there was no stopping that baby from having Black skin to some extent as a result of that, but with this- the Black skin trait could plausibly be switched off in favor of whatever it is a government or the parents want.

The commonality or rarity of specific races, could become more like a fashion trend instead of being dictated by immigration, economics, and the fertility or lack thereof of different populations.

God, everything’s about race to you, isn’t it?
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Kernen wrote:Like so many things, we found a better alternative.

Don't know if i'd call this better. Genetically engineering the perfect children sounds awfully dangerously close to eugenics, and it's our flaws that make us human.

Evolutionary we would reduce our flaws by having people due before the could have children.
This is better. We will still be humans, just evolutionary better ones.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Yeah, it's getting cancer that makes us human. If we stop getting cancer then what's the point in living?

Except has anyone guaranteed this will even prevent cancer? And even if it does, who's to say someone can't abuse this kind of system? I see a lot of potential dangers with this advancement

There are no guarantees, but it has potential. That is the point of research. To see what works and what does not.

And any technology can be abuse, but we cannot stop technological advancement on those grounds.

This is happening whether we like it or not, if you cannot stop something you must make it work to your benefit.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Pacomia wrote:God, everything’s about race to you, isn’t it?

Lets say that a young White girl got seduced by an athletic Black stud of a man. He got her pregnant. At least her family has options now if they could afford genetic engineering. Instead of panicking that they'll have to have a half Black baby in their perfectly White family tree, she could instead be taken to a clinic early on and her zygote could be "fixed" such that even if the father is really Black, the baby will still be White.

This couldn't be more perfect. I'd no longer need to worry about any racial groups becoming extinct. But I probably will still need to worry about who is the majority and who is the minority in various places.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Saiwania wrote:

Lets say that a young White girl got seduced by an athletic Black stud of a man. He got her pregnant. At least her family has options now if they could afford genetic engineering. Instead of panicking that they'll have to have a half Black baby in their perfectly White family tree, she could instead be taken to a clinic early on and her zygote could be "fixed" such that even if the father is really Black, the baby will still be White.

This couldn't be more perfect. I'd no longer need to worry about any racial groups becoming extinct. But I probably will still need to worry about who is the majority and who is the minority in various places.

Why would they panic?
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Saiwania wrote:Lets say that a young White girl got seduced by an athletic Black stud of a man. He got her pregnant. At least her family has options now if they could afford genetic engineering. Instead of panicking that they'll have to have a half Black baby in their perfectly White family tree, she could instead be taken to a clinic early on and her zygote could be "fixed" such that even if the father is really Black, the baby will still be White.

*SIGH*
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Saiwania wrote:

I'm sure most families won't care about skin color.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Saiwania wrote:

zygote could be "fixed

...Really? Are you seriously trying to say multiracial people need to have their race ¨fixed.¨ Christ dude what is your problem with multiracial children?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:16 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

I'm sure most families won't care about skin color.

You're telling this to Sai, the person who thought his sister was cheating on her white husband with a non-white person simply because their son/his nephew has curly hair.

Also, he was willing to spread this idea around his to BIL and maybe even the rest of his family in order to shame his sister for cheating and ruining the family's white genes.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Andsed wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

zygote could be "fixed

...Really? Are you seriously trying to say multiracial people need to have their race ¨fixed.¨ Christ dude what is your problem with multiracial children?

He believes that everyone needs to "Stay in their own lane", IE: White people need to stay with white people, black with black people, etc... and that interracial intercourse and reproduction is a crime against nature as your removing and diluting the specific genetics and features of the races involved.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:30 pm

New haven america wrote:Also, he was willing to spread this idea around his to BIL and maybe even the rest of his family in order to shame his sister for cheating and ruining the family's white genes.

No, this is not true. Although it is true that my nephew's curly hair caused me to have suspicions for a time that something wasn't right. The infant is obviously White, so if there were any ancestry problem, it'd probably be a few generations back that something happened to take away from the European character of that heritage for a brief time.

It's possible for a family line to suddenly race mix to Black or whatever else, but for that line to become indistinguishably White again if that line didn't keep straying off course towards continuing to race mix out to other racial groups besides White.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Saiwania wrote:
New haven america wrote:Also, he was willing to spread this idea around his to BIL and maybe even the rest of his family in order to shame his sister for cheating and ruining the family's white genes.

No, this is not true. Although it is true that my nephew's curly hair caused me to have suspicions for a time that something wasn't right. The infant is obviously White, so if there were any ancestry problem, it'd probably be a few generations back that something happened to take away from the European character of that heritage for a brief time.

It's possible for a family line to suddenly race mix to Black or whatever else, but for that line to become indistinguishably White again if that line didn't keep straying off course towards continuing to race mix out to other racial groups besides White.

Yes it is, the post where you ask us if you should tell your BIL about your sisters supposed cheating isn't hard to find.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:34 pm

New haven america wrote:Yes it is, the post where you ask us if you should tell your BIL about your sisters supposed cheating isn't hard to find.

What counts is that I chose to keep silent. I might not have however, if my suspicion was confirmed.
Sith Acolyte

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:43 pm

New haven america wrote:He believes that everyone needs to "Stay in their own lane", IE: White people need to stay with white people, black with black people, etc... and that interracial intercourse and reproduction is a crime against nature as your removing and diluting the specific genetics and features of the races involved.

Yes, you're finally someone from around here who really gets what I've been getting at. Wouldn't you agree that genetic engineering could equally be a solution for a Black family that doesn't want a mixed race child, but for a child to be Black. As it would be for a White family in the same predicament, but for the child to be White?
Sith Acolyte

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Saiwania wrote:
New haven america wrote:He believes that everyone needs to "Stay in their own lane", IE: White people need to stay with white people, black with black people, etc... and that interracial intercourse and reproduction is a crime against nature as your removing and diluting the specific genetics and features of the races involved.

Yes, you're finally someone from around here who really gets what I've been getting at. Wouldn't you agree that genetic engineering could equally be a solution for a Black family that doesn't want a mixed race child, but for a child to be Black. As it would be for a White family in the same predicament, but for the child to be White?

Let's move away from this being about your family, okay?

That goes for everyone else.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Saiwania wrote:

1. Yes, you're finally someone from around here who really gets what I've been getting at. 2. Wouldn't you agree that genetic engineering could equally be a solution for a Black family that doesn't want a mixed race child, but for a child to be Black. As it would be for a White family in the same predicament, but for the child to be White?

1. Not for the reasons you're hoping for.
2. Nope
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:49 pm

This is quite simple. Every sperm is good sperm, every sperm is great. If a sperm is wasted, God will get quite irate. That includes manufactured ones.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Arthenius
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthenius » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Don't know if i'd call this better. Genetically engineering the perfect children sounds awfully dangerously close to eugenics, and it's our flaws that make us human.

Yeah, it's getting cancer that makes us human. If we stop getting cancer then what's the point in living?

A broader question than that is, if we stop having to overcome challenges and hardships and we improve our science so much that we have nothing to overcome, what is the point of living?

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Arthenius wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Yeah, it's getting cancer that makes us human. If we stop getting cancer then what's the point in living?

A broader question than that is, if we stop having to overcome challenges and hardships and we improve our science so much that we have nothing to overcome, what is the point of living?

That is an absurd question. Science can do a lot in the medical field but the idea of removing all challenges and hardships is ridiculous.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Arthenius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthenius » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Novus America wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:What ever happened to reproducing the natural way?

This does not ban you from doing that.
But for some people that is not good option, if the have a high risk of passing on genetic disease or cannot reproduce naturally at all.

One day it will become effectively void because everybody else would be doing it and those doing it in the natural way will be seen as weird or archaic.

Arthenius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthenius » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Kernen wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Then being human isn't ideal. Its only eugenics if you control the reproduction of others. People choosing their own reproductive future isn't eugenics.

That sounds like a pessimistic view.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Arthenius wrote:

But there will always be something else to overcome.
Like the conquest of space. That is not something to worry about.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Arthenius wrote:
Novus America wrote:
This does not ban you from doing that.
But for some people that is not good option, if the have a high risk of passing on genetic disease or cannot reproduce naturally at all.

One day it will become effectively void because everybody else would be doing it and those doing it in the natural way will be seen as weird or archaic.

Eh, there still will be the Amish and many religious types and what not.
But so? Sure it might become the primary method in time, but I do not see that as a problem.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 pm

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:This is quite simple. Every sperm is good sperm, every sperm is great. If a sperm is wasted, God will get quite irate. That includes manufactured ones.

I’m imagining a sperm getting a genetic disorder of some sort and God getting mad and needing to lie down. Thanks for that.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

Arthenius
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthenius » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

Let's move away from this being about your family, okay?

That goes for everyone else.

To be fair, White Europeans are an international minority compared to other races. By that I mean ~10% of the population, those who have naturally fair skin and features are even a greater minority.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General