NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Habemus Papam!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Lillorainen wrote:Indeed - that's probably the most logical explanation as to why I haven't known about this until today (which I think is a pity).

When I was in Singapore, I visited the WWII prison where the POW's were kept. It was an interesting experience

https://www.visitsingapore.com/see-do-s ... lsrc=aw.ds

I'm very sure it has been interesting, without a doubt! Would be another one on my list, should I ever see Singapore.
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Heloin wrote:Good on ya! I need to start doing that, just getting under 90 kilos again would be great.

How tall are you if I may ask? I'm going to guess somewhere in between 5'8" and 5'9, but I could be wrong.

Right on the mark. I'm a tall lady which is funny since my mum is about 15 cm shorter then me.
Last edited by Heloin on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samadhi
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Heloin wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
How tall are you if I may ask? I'm going to guess somewhere in between 5'8" and 5'9, but I could be wrong.

Right on the mark. I'm a tall lady which is funny since my mum is about 15 cm shorter then me.

I'm 6 foot 4 are you sure you should be referring to yourself as tall?

I think I should take cooking lessons soon. Waiting for food delivery sucks.
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
Enjoys watching social democrats act like authoritarian hell states are that much worse than them.
It's all slavery baby.
Proud cat mum, I love Snowy and Hijinks.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I try to bike at least three times a week. I'm about 6'1 and about 195-200 lbs.

I stand at about six feet, four-and-one-half inches, at least at the last time I was measured (and in FreedomTM units, of course). As to my mass, I admit that I am slightly over three-hundred pounds, a fact which initially surprises most folks that I've met in RL. Most people say that I look slightly over two-hundred instead. People's reactions tend towards disbelief, really. I don't look "fat", after all; but looks can be (and are, in this case at least) deceiving. When I was moving in, some of the folks in my residence hall guessed that I was on the football (gridiron, not soccer) team when I was in high school; I wasn't, largely because I lack any sort of interest in the game. But as to my lifestyle? Largely sedentary if I'm to be completely honest with you all. I was just extremely lucky when it comes to my genetics, really. There's not much else to it.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Also, the NS stats don't reflect my RL views, just to clarify.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Heloin wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:When you realize you’ve dropped five pounds in a week without even trying. These early evening workouts are indeed working. Half walking and half jogging for almost two miles every day is truly benefiting me.

Good on ya! I need to start doing that, just getting under 90 kilos again would be great.

Try out Keto/Carnivore. But not for longer than one or two months at max, or else it might have nasty side effects.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Samadhi wrote:
Heloin wrote:Right on the mark. I'm a tall lady which is funny since my mum is about 15 cm shorter then me.

Average female height in the US is 162cm (5'4"). Just because you are really tall doesn't mean I'm not tall, I am above an average height by a not insignificant margin, just not as tall as you.

Cooking is great! It's so much fun and you get tasty things at the end :p

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Samadhi wrote:
Heloin wrote:Right on the mark. I'm a tall lady which is funny since my mum is about 15 cm shorter then me.

Well, at least I stand roughly at eye level with you, which is refreshing for a change, really.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Samadhi wrote:

Alternatively, find some guy to cook for you.

I've been told that I make a nice mutton stew.

:shock:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:19 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Kinky

Samadhi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:22 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

God the last guy would have walked on water for me.

Which is the opposite of interesting.

Xuloqoia wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Well, at least I stand roughly at eye level with you, which is refreshing for a change, really.

Same.
Heloin wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Average female height in the US is 162cm (5'4"). Just because you are really tall doesn't mean I'm not tall, I am above an average height by a not insignificant margin, just not as tall as you.

Cooking is great! It's so much fun and you get tasty things at the end :p

My mum's an inch taller.

I just don't want to have to wait on people.
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
Enjoys watching social democrats act like authoritarian hell states are that much worse than them.
It's all slavery baby.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm

Lillorainen wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:No problem. Often these places can easily be overlooked as part of the normal tourist experience unless you specifically go searching for it.

Indeed - that's probably the most logical explanation as to why I haven't known about this until today (which I think is a pity).

Tbh there have been loads of places that I've been that wouldn't be on the average tourist's itinerary.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Samadhi wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

No wonder that Jesus had to hang out with a prostitute.

Samadhi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Hey!

Score one for you.
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
It's all slavery baby.

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:31 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Lillorainen wrote:Indeed - that's probably the most logical explanation as to why I haven't known about this until today (which I think is a pity).

Tbh there have been loads of places that I've been that wouldn't be on the average tourist's itinerary.

You do an awesome job at avoiding mass tourism, then - which isn't exactly a bad thing to do. ^^
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Mint Jelly
Attaché

Founded: Apr 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mint Jelly » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:31 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

What about meeeeeeee. :(

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Who doesnt like a redhead?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Samadhi wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Hey!

Score one for you.

Thanks. But be prepared for the ire of the rest around here for enabling my joke making.

Samadhi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Hey!

Score one for you.

Thanks. But be prepared for the ire of the rest around here for enabling my joke making.

Oh I appear to be quite capable of earning ire on my own.
So adding yours isn't a worry.
Especially with how damn good that was.
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
It's all slavery baby.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:27 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Samadhi wrote:

Hey!

Score one for you.

I think your jokes are ram-markable...

That was a stretch. I'll show myself out.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Those Sikh turbans some Indian police officers wear are always intriguing to me. Mostly on how they get to wrap them.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:11 pm

On today's episode of "cringing at shit I liked as a child/teenager", does anyone remember TGWTG? When I was an embarrassment of a child, I used to love the various shows. I tried re-watching some older episodes recently, and all of them were awful. And then I made the mistake of delving into some of the former TGWTG contributors' social media accounts, and most of them have garbage takes on most everything, in my view at least. Really, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't awful (or that didn't turn into a shitty human being) is that Dominic Noble fellow, but that's just because I somewhat enjoyed his reviews of the Fifty Shades novels and I didn't read through his Twitter yet.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:On today's episode of "cringing at shit I liked as a child/teenager", does anyone remember TGWTG? When I was an embarrassment of a child, I used to love the various shows. I tried re-watching some older episodes recently, and all of them were awful. And then I made the mistake of delving into some of the former TGWTG contributors' social media accounts, and most of them have garbage takes on most everything, in my view at least. Really, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't awful (or that didn't turn into a shitty human being) is that Dominic Noble fellow, but that's just because I somewhat enjoyed his reviews of the Fifty Shades novels and I didn't read through his Twitter yet.

Thank God We're Talking Goats?

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Heloin wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:On today's episode of "cringing at shit I liked as a child/teenager", does anyone remember TGWTG? When I was an embarrassment of a child, I used to love the various shows. I tried re-watching some older episodes recently, and all of them were awful. And then I made the mistake of delving into some of the former TGWTG contributors' social media accounts, and most of them have garbage takes on most everything, in my view at least. Really, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't awful (or that didn't turn into a shitty human being) is that Dominic Noble fellow, but that's just because I somewhat enjoyed his reviews of the Fifty Shades novels and I didn't read through his Twitter yet.

Thank God We're Talking Goats?

No Heloin, I'm referring to "That Guy with the Glasses" which was later known as "Channel Awesome".

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Heloin wrote:Thank God We're Talking Goats?

No Heloin, I'm referring to "That Guy with the Glasses" which was later known as "Channel Awesome".

Oh, the Nostalgia Critic. Yeah, he remembered that sort of stuff so I didn't have to.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Heloin wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

Oh, the Nostalgia Critic. Yeah, he remembered that sort of stuff so I didn't have to.

Yeah.

He's not my cup of tea: I prefer CinemaSins, especially since CinemaSins comes with less... baggage than many of Nostalgia Critic's projects.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General