NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Habemus Papam!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40833
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Fortunately, I don't think he's going to spam us for another few months.

But then again, it is only the calm before the storm in 2020.

True. Next year is gonna be messy because it's a big election.


The biggest, the bestest, and the lastest
Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀssᴇʀɪsᴛ Sᴜɴᴅᴀᴇ Cʟᴜʙ ᴏғ Dᴜᴍʙ Iᴅᴇᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs
¸„¤*˜*¤„¸„¤*˜*¤„¸ One People, One Nation, Many Puddings ¸„¤*˜*¤„¸„¤*˜*¤„¸
The thirty-something tsundere trans cryptofascist nobody warned you about
♆ P ᴀ x D I ᴀ ʙ ᴏ ʟ ɪ ᴄ ᴀ ♆

User avatar
Kiruri
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17702
Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kiruri » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:34 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Heloin wrote:Read my fireball: no new taxes.

Sweet. No more mountains of paperwork.


You know... some people's livelihoods depend on a bloated tax system. The more red tape, the more jobs there are (for some).
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

User avatar
Geneviev
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10648
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Geneviev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Pacomia wrote:The period after NS Summer is boring. I want July back.

I already gave you a religion thread. That's the best we can do.
How many conductors does it take to screw in a light bulb? No one knows, no one ever looks at them.
Hessisch, German, 15 years old, musician, also not Christian anymore
Immigration, religious freedom, music education in all schools, die Linke
Nationalism, white supremacy, cutting music and arts programs, Donald Trump, AfD
#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 97663
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Pacomia wrote:The period after NS Summer is boring. I want July back.

I already gave you a religion thread. That's the best we can do.

And we appreciate the effort.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4552
Founded: May 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Pacomia wrote:The period after NS Summer is boring. I want July back.

I already gave you a religion thread. That's the best we can do.

fine
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87547 (similar to Malta)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Geneviev
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10648
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Geneviev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I already gave you a religion thread. That's the best we can do.

fine

Have fun. :)
How many conductors does it take to screw in a light bulb? No one knows, no one ever looks at them.
Hessisch, German, 15 years old, musician, also not Christian anymore
Immigration, religious freedom, music education in all schools, die Linke
Nationalism, white supremacy, cutting music and arts programs, Donald Trump, AfD
#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Auze
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1524
Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Auze » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:47 pm

I would like to congratulate the current ADT for being one of the longer lived versions of that thread topic (not pictured: approximately 10,000 other threads discussing how atheism is the future or other nonsense). :p
Last edited by Auze on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarsonis wrote: You broke the chain Auze, shame on you.
If you are reading this...
Hello, I'm an LDS kid from South Carolina!
I'm a guy that does stuff.
Best thread title ever.
We can win World War Glitter!

Anyway, how about a game?

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16737
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Auze wrote:I would like to congratulate the current ADT for being one of the longer lived versions of that thread topic (not pictured: approximately 10,000 other threads discussing how atheism is the future or other nonsense).

Swells with Pride :p
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9222
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 pm

First job interview today (of the 4 companies out of 10 that have responded). Well-wishes and prayers would be appreciated, can't afford to go without a job for too long.

Read up about the company online. Apparently they pay well because the work load is kinda terrible. But I could use the job, and their office is close to home, which is a big plus.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 97663
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:First job interview today (of the 4 companies out of 10 that have responded). Well-wishes and prayers would be appreciated, can't afford to go without a job for too long.

Read up about the company online. Apparently they pay well because the work load is kinda terrible. But I could use the job, and their office is close to home, which is a big plus.

Break a leg.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 9978
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Heloin wrote:If work give me the ok I'm gonna put myself into a coma after January 1st, only waking up for the Florida Primaries and the Election.

He didnt win last time, but once again I am supporting

Image

Does Giant Meteor have Dual British-American Citizenship, by any chance? We may be heading into a General Election and it might help if we had some sensible candidates lined up.

I have suggested Larry the Cat, but his schedule's pretty full...

Pasong Tirad wrote:First job interview today (of the 4 companies out of 10 that have responded). Well-wishes and prayers would be appreciated, can't afford to go without a job for too long.

Read up about the company online. Apparently they pay well because the work load is kinda terrible. But I could use the job, and their office is close to home, which is a big plus.

You've done well at interview before, and you know you can do it again. We're all cheering you on. :)
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Jolthig
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15049
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jolthig » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Hey guys, here's a follow up to my speech from the other day. Following some pleasant experiences in prayer today of my attempt to completely concentrate on God (yes, some of my atheist friends and other non Muslim friends will not believe, but still, I write this), it reminds me of how useless the ego is, and seeking admiration from other people. Especially in a social media platform. One can strive the think they are correct all the time in their arguments in debates which is a tendency that I notice in NSG, Facebook, and Twitter (which I have promoted myself in several NSG threads in the past), but in truth, seeking admiration in my opinion, is dangerous. Especially given on a public forum like NSG, Facebook, or Twitter.

The reason I say, this is dangerous, is due to the fact that it can be a overly exaggerated sense of oneself. When this exaggeration happens, someone who may disagree with your views, will make one mad, regardless if they are in the right or wrong. This is a tendency I've noticed with myself for a while, and I've seen it in many of my fellow NSGers. This is indeed true, and they have admitted it to me several times, wishing to leave the platform themselves, but are unable to.

This kind of thinking conflates with my faith's concept of annilhation of the ego, which according to my faith, can only be achieved by prayer and converse with God. But religion aside, even psychology warns us of the dangers of overuse of social media especially when arguing or seeking admiration from people which can lead to narcissism. While it may have its benefits, like informing people or showing them other views, it can have many downsides, which I believe outweighs the good.

Of course, I've learned a lot during my experience on NSG, made great friends, and even established a good relationship with moderators such as Farnhamia or Katganistan. They state that NSG will never be the same without me, and that I have a positive influence on NSG. I do take their words to heart, and you guys will always be remembered by me, but I will continue with this new path in faith and for my own well-being.

I've never really fought with anybody recently that is making me distant myself, but rather, these are just deep reflections that I've had over the months on and off, that increased greatly within the past week. Due to these reflections which includes tonight, I will declare to everyone on NSG, that I am retiring from the subforum due to the above mentioned reasons. I do not wish to promote egotism or hating others for hating me or holding strong views.

While NSG may have rules to regulate everybody, and everybody does follow them most of the time, as indicated by the rules themselves, it does not solve the hatred between individuals who have radically different views from each other. If anything, they want to grab each other's throats even if they are following the rules properly. I felt this way when debating some NSGers in heated discussions that I foolishly involved myself in. Admittingly, the rules don't intend to go at personal enmity between people, but rather, how they carry their actions.

However, given that I am a representative of my faith, especially that of the Ahmadiyya branch, it is important that I show a good example including self control, and patience. Muslims and Ahmadis are encouraged to stay away from environments that may tempt them to do things that are against Islam. Especially when preaching. Out of humility, I have not observed the above for quite a while, but now, I will try my best.

I used to be more anti-NSG in the years before 2016-2019, and now I return to that anti-NSG stance, but this time, with better foundation. Because I do not wish to promote something that my faith is against, and that I am personally against as well. Especially lowing myself to an unprofessional level.

Now to be fair, FB and Twitter are far worse, and I will have separate speeches for both. However, I won't leave TET because it is a different thread from the rest of NSG. Even in my previous anti-NSGish days, I came on here several times to have fun chats with people, and I will do that in the future with me occasionally popping in, and out.

Please note, nothing of the above is personal to anybody. I have made many friends on NSG, and I have talked to, and got to know many of you individually to know many of you are good people. This includes several individuals I used to have heated conversations with before getting to know them personally, and looking past their views. Due to this way of approaching people, I have gotten past my own biases that they are not bad people, but good people with good intentions regardless of views even if I disagree with them.

That's the point I'm getting at. I don't want to be in platforms where people hate each other, and are prideful. Rather, we should have dialogue, and reach a common understanding of one another. Even if we disagree. This approach I have taken, and so have other people, is how one makes friends, and they know you're not promoting hate, but peace. My community's motto is after all, Love For All, Hatred For None. After all, I think I should put this more into practice.

Another thing to mention is that debating, especially the arguing kind, is just a waste of time. Nobody is going to change their views, and nobody gets anywhere. What's the point of debating then when it's just a waste of time? With better time on my own hands, I am just using it for prayer, personal development, book reading, and focusing on work.

Consider this a big improvement in my own personal capabilities rather than me just abandoning a forum for no good reason. I intend to be less aggressive, and more gentle in my approaches. I intend to increase my gentleness, and dialogue.

I know many of you will miss me in the debates, but I am leaving those behind, and as I have stated, I hereby retire from NSG, but I will continue to hang in TET here and there, and see how everyone is doing. :)

Peace and God bless!

*sits back and relaxes*
Last edited by Jolthig on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ahmadi Muslim • Khaddam of Ahmadiyya • theistic evolutionist • Star Wars fan • rock and metal fan • Pragmatic on politics
Retiring from NS, guys.

Grenartia wrote:Then we Marshall Plan it.

Kowani wrote:
Jolthig wrote:Lol why

“Und Mirza”

:lol2:

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Isn't that what NSG is for though to a degree?

YOU’RE WRONG.

Allow me to explain using several fallacies, veiled insults, and insinuations that you’re ugly and dumb.

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4552
Founded: May 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Stupid issues. I selected an option that said to “not be extreme” and keep vital services under government control but allow some form of free enterprise, and it changed my nation’s policy to Capitalism. This is the third time poorly-worded issues have made me screw up my nation’s policies.

Why can’t there be a “Mixed Economics” policy?
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87547 (similar to Malta)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 9978
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Pacomia wrote:Stupid issues. I selected an option that said to “not be extreme” and keep vital services under government control but allow some form of free enterprise, and it changed my nation’s policy to Capitalism. This is the third time poorly-worded issues have made me screw up my nation’s policies.

A big sunshine Issue Editor's "hello" to you :twisted:

... Sorry, that button seems to be stuck.

More seriously, if you think you got an unusual stat effect, there's a megathread thread in Got Issues?. If you report it -- with the nation you received the issue on, the name/number of the issue, the option you picked, the date if not today, and the effect -- someone can check it out for you.

EDIT: Please read the OP first. Because it explains a lot.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4552
Founded: May 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Pacomia wrote:Stupid issues. I selected an option that said to “not be extreme” and keep vital services under government control but allow some form of free enterprise, and it changed my nation’s policy to Capitalism. This is the third time poorly-worded issues have made me screw up my nation’s policies.

A big sunshine Issue Editor's "hello" to you :twisted:

... Sorry, that button seems to be stuck.

More seriously, if you think you got an unusual stat effect, there's a megathread thread in Got Issues?. If you report it -- with the nation you received the issue on, the name/number of the issue, the option you picked, the date if not today, and the effect -- someone can check it out for you.

EDIT: Please read the OP first. Because it explains a lot.

I mean, it’s not big enough of a problem that I would want to do anything about it, the effects could technically be figured out from the text with some thought, it’s just a mild annoyance. I probably should have figured it out, since I knew there was no policies for a mixed economy. One of the policies regarding No Sex, though, is a bit bigger of a problem. I forget the name.

At least there’s a lot of policies that I can use to convert back to socialism.
Last edited by Pacomia on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87547 (similar to Malta)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 9978
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Pacomia wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:A big sunshine Issue Editor's "hello" to you :twisted:

... Sorry, that button seems to be stuck.

More seriously, if you think you got an unusual stat effect, there's a megathread thread in Got Issues?. If you report it -- with the nation you received the issue on, the name/number of the issue, the option you picked, the date if not today, and the effect -- someone can check it out for you.

EDIT: Please read the OP first. Because it explains a lot.

I mean, it’s not big enough of a problem that I would want to do anything about it, the effects could technically be figured out from the text with some thought, it’s just a mild annoyance. I probably should have figured it out, since I knew there was no policies for a mixed economy. One of the policies regarding No Sex, though, is a bit bigger of a problem. I forget the name.

At least there’s a lot of policies that I can use to convert back to socialism.

There are three, I think, issues that allow you to cancel your No Sex policy, too (just off the top of my head). One should come around eventually.

EDIT: Do you have "Require Confirmation Before Passing Legislation" turned on in Settings. It can help reduce your number of missteps.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16737
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Jolthig wrote:Snip

Well, the rest of NSG will miss you, mate. But it’s good that you’re sticking around TET.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Jolthig
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15049
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jolthig » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Kowani wrote:
Jolthig wrote:Snip

Well, the rest of NSG will miss you, mate. But it’s good that you’re sticking around TET.

Of course, muate!
Ahmadi Muslim • Khaddam of Ahmadiyya • theistic evolutionist • Star Wars fan • rock and metal fan • Pragmatic on politics
Retiring from NS, guys.

Grenartia wrote:Then we Marshall Plan it.

Kowani wrote:
Jolthig wrote:Lol why

“Und Mirza”

:lol2:

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Isn't that what NSG is for though to a degree?

YOU’RE WRONG.

Allow me to explain using several fallacies, veiled insults, and insinuations that you’re ugly and dumb.

User avatar
Geneviev
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10648
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Geneviev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 pm

NSG will lose one of the better people. Just stay in TET, Jolthig.
How many conductors does it take to screw in a light bulb? No one knows, no one ever looks at them.
Hessisch, German, 15 years old, musician, also not Christian anymore
Immigration, religious freedom, music education in all schools, die Linke
Nationalism, white supremacy, cutting music and arts programs, Donald Trump, AfD
#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4552
Founded: May 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:54 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Pacomia wrote:I mean, it’s not big enough of a problem that I would want to do anything about it, the effects could technically be figured out from the text with some thought, it’s just a mild annoyance. I probably should have figured it out, since I knew there was no policies for a mixed economy. One of the policies regarding No Sex, though, is a bit bigger of a problem. I forget the name.

At least there’s a lot of policies that I can use to convert back to socialism.

There are three, I think, issues that allow you to cancel your No Sex policy, too (just off the top of my head). One should come around eventually.

EDIT: Do you have "Require Confirmation Before Passing Legislation" turned on in Settings. It can help reduce your number of missteps.

I thought about using it but that’s not really the kind of problem I often have. I think the issue is a great idea before I see the results and by then it’s already too late.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87547 (similar to Malta)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2268
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:57 pm

Jolthig wrote:Hey guys, here's a follow up to my speech from the other day. Following some pleasant experiences in prayer today of my attempt to completely concentrate on God (yes, some of my atheist friends and other non Muslim friends will not believe, but still, I write this), it reminds me of how useless the ego is, and seeking admiration from other people. Especially in a social media platform. One can strive the think they are correct all the time in their arguments in debates which is a tendency that I notice in NSG, Facebook, and Twitter (which I have promoted myself in several NSG threads in the past), but in truth, seeking admiration in my opinion, is dangerous. Especially given on a public forum like NSG, Facebook, or Twitter.

The reason I say, this is dangerous, is due to the fact that it can be a overly exaggerated sense of oneself. When this exaggeration happens, someone who may disagree with your views, will make one mad, regardless if they are in the right or wrong. This is a tendency I've noticed with myself for a while, and I've seen it in many of my fellow NSGers. This is indeed true, and they have admitted it to me several times, wishing to leave the platform themselves, but are unable to.

This kind of thinking conflates with my faith's concept of annilhation of the ego, which according to my faith, can only be achieved by prayer and converse with God. But religion aside, even psychology warns us of the dangers of overuse of social media especially when arguing or seeking admiration from people which can lead to narcissism. While it may have its benefits, like informing people or showing them other views, it can have many downsides, which I believe outweighs the good.

Of course, I've learned a lot during my experience on NSG, made great friends, and even established a good relationship with moderators such as Farnhamia or Katganistan. They state that NSG will never be the same without me, and that I have a positive influence on NSG. I do take their words to heart, and you guys will always be remembered by me, but I will continue with this new path in faith and for my own well-being.

I've never really fought with anybody recently that is making me distant myself, but rather, these are just deep reflections that I've had over the months on and off, that increased greatly within the past week. Due to these reflections which includes tonight, I will declare to everyone on NSG, that I am retiring from the subforum due to the above mentioned reasons. I do not wish to promote egotism or hating others for hating me or holding strong views.

While NSG may have rules to regulate everybody, and everybody does follow them most of the time, as indicated by the rules themselves, it does not solve the hatred between individuals who have radically different views from each other. If anything, they want to grab each other's throats even if they are following the rules properly. I felt this way when debating some NSGers in heated discussions that I foolishly involved myself in. Admittingly, the rules don't intend to go at personal enmity between people, but rather, how they carry their actions.

However, given that I am a representative of my faith, especially that of the Ahmadiyya branch, it is important that I show a good example including self control, and patience. Muslims and Ahmadis are encouraged to stay away from environments that may tempt them to do things that are against Islam. Especially when preaching. Out of humility, I have not observed the above for quite a while, but now, I will try my best.

I used to be more anti-NSG in the years before 2016-2019, and now I return to that anti-NSG stance, but this time, with better foundation. Because I do not wish to promote something that my faith is against, and that I am personally against as well. Especially lowing myself to an unprofessional level.

Now to be fair, FB and Twitter are far worse, and I will have separate speeches for both. However, I won't leave TET because it is a different thread from the rest of NSG. Even in my previous anti-NSGish days, I came on here several times to have fun chats with people, and I will do that in the future with me occasionally popping in, and out.

Please note, nothing of the above is personal to anybody. I have made many friends on NSG, and I have talked to, and got to know many of you individually to know many of you are good people. This includes several individuals I used to have heated conversations with before getting to know them personally, and looking past their views. Due to this way of approaching people, I have gotten past my own biases that they are not bad people, but good people with good intentions regardless of views even if I disagree with them.

That's the point I'm getting at. I don't want to be in platforms where people hate each other, and are prideful. Rather, we should have dialogue, and reach a common understanding of one another. Even if we disagree. This approach I have taken, and so have other people, is how one makes friends, and they know you're not promoting hate, but peace. My community's motto is after all, Love For All, Hatred For None. After all, I think I should put this more into practice.

Another thing to mention is that debating, especially the arguing kind, is just a waste of time. Nobody is going to change their views, and nobody gets anywhere. What's the point of debating then when it's just a waste of time? With better time on my own hands, I am just using it for prayer, personal development, book reading, and focusing on work.

Consider this a big improvement in my own personal capabilities rather than me just abandoning a forum for no good reason. I intend to be less aggressive, and more gentle in my approaches. I intend to increase my gentleness, and dialogue.

I know many of you will miss me in the debates, but I am leaving those behind, and as I have stated, I hereby retire from NSG, but I will continue to hang in TET here and there, and see how everyone is doing. :)

Peace and God bless!

*sits back and relaxes*


Though I for one will definitely miss your presence here on NSG, your reasons for departing NSG are undoubtedly sound, and you have put much thought into that decision.

It does remind me of similar steps I've taken IRL is regards to removing myself from the narcissistic practices in modern society, one of those being a drastic decrease in my presence on FB, and tbh, here on NSG as well. Of course, my main goal in my personal life is to control my violent temper (which has brought me nothing but trouble) and to improve my admittedly pessimistic and perhaps misanthopic outlook on people in general. I do find you post very relevant to my struggles with those, as I believe it is a overblown sense of self and pride.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! Also, RWD is best wheel drive, Midship is best ship!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4552
Founded: May 23, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:59 pm

i want to make a thread but i can’t think of an op and i’m worried it’ll just be locked in the first page anyway
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87547 (similar to Malta)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Geneviev
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10648
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Geneviev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 pm

Pacomia wrote:i want to make a thread but i can’t think of an op and i’m worried it’ll just be locked in the first page anyway

I already took hell. You can't have that one. :p

More seriously, I want to see your thread.
How many conductors does it take to screw in a light bulb? No one knows, no one ever looks at them.
Hessisch, German, 15 years old, musician, also not Christian anymore
Immigration, religious freedom, music education in all schools, die Linke
Nationalism, white supremacy, cutting music and arts programs, Donald Trump, AfD
#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Esternial
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51826
Founded: May 09, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esternial » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Esternial wrote:Stuff I can only see in the US. Stereotypical American stuff.

Beaches are nice, but I don't need to go the US for those. A place like NYC doesn't appeal to me that much...especially all by myself. I'd rather rent a car, go on a drive and see as much as possible.

Was thinking about Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania. Stuff I wouldn't ordinarily do with other people.


How do you feel about lobster? And what season?. Summer in maine is gorgeous. We have been pillgraming to acadia national park the past few years.

Mass has legal weed and the berkshires are quite nice and they do have some sometime culture there.

I've had it twice and it's ok. Usually don't consider it worth the price tag. If I decide to follow through, it's going to be somewhere in Spring, or whenever I can get a good deal on plane tickets.

I know I said no nature, but Acadia national park sounds lovely, and I doubt it would be an option if I went with other people.

He'll, it's only 400km/270mi from Boston. Totally feasible.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16737
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Pacomia wrote:i want to make a thread but i can’t think of an op and i’m worried it’ll just be locked in the first page anyway

Don’t do one complaining about modernity. Those are always tedious.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aggicificicerous, Alpha Wolf, Arthenius, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Baggieland, Duhon, Free Arabian Nation, Google [Bot], Greater Miami Shores and La Habana Cuba, Heloin, Ism, Jean-Paul Sartre, Longweather, Merriwhether, Nakena, Napkizemlja, New haven america, Outer Sparta, Post War America, Reloce, Rojava Free State, Samadhi, Senkaku, Serconas, Shazbotdom, Shrillland, Technoscience Leftwing, Telconi, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Intergalactic Banking Guild, The United Provinces of North America, Washington Resistance Army, Xuloqoia

Advertisement

Remove ads