NATION

PASSWORD

Is familism the worst delusion in the world?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is familism the worst delusion in the world?

Yes
7%
No
88%
Not sure
5%

Total votes : 195

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Takso wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Then you admit that you are a collectivist.

Sure, whatever. You wouldn't exist if two people, specifically a man and woman hadn't had sex (or some other reproductive method), and then raised you with very likely little benefit to themselves. Some people just like having and raising kids. I get it, it's not technically beneficial to an individual today, but be thankful people have families because if they didn't you and your fictional cat utopia would never exist. I don't mean to sound harsh, that's just the reality.

So what? This does not make familism less of a delusion.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:42 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Then you admit that you are a collectivist.

Put down the strawman.

It's not a strawman. You have to admit that families are inherently

1. Collectivist

and

2. Feudal.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Takso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Takso » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Takso wrote:
Sure, whatever. You wouldn't exist if two people, specifically a man and woman hadn't had sex (or some other reproductive method), and then raised you with very likely little benefit to themselves. Some people just like having and raising kids. I get it, it's not technically beneficial to an individual today, but be thankful people have families because if they didn't you and your fictional cat utopia would never exist. I don't mean to sound harsh, that's just the reality.

How is your parents giving you life and raising you delusional?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Neko-koku wrote:So what? This does not make familism less of a delusion.

You have yet to show that it is. The ball is firmly in your court.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Put down the strawman.

It's not a strawman. You have to admit that families are inherently

1. Collectivist

and

2. Feudal.

It is a strawman, because you said that he was a collectivist on the basis that he is acknowledging that families are by and large the means by which most of us came into the world and survived; that doesn't make him a collectivist. Hence it was a strawman.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gagium » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Takso wrote:

Can you define delusion?
E

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:49 pm

I'm trying to figure out if OP is serious or not.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Xmara wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:>supporting one's family is "microcommunism"
what even is this thread

It’s a pizza cutter. All edge, no point.

That's an awesome quote, thanks.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Takso wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

Yes..because that's not good for them. Nobody should have kids.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Takso wrote:How is your parents giving you life and raising you delusional?

The human race will die out within a century. No thanks. If anything it seems like the delusion is telling people not to have kids at all.

Wave on, wave on

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Neko-koku wrote:Yes..because that's not good for them. Nobody should have kids.

The human race will die out within a century. No thanks. If anything it seems like the delusion is telling people not to have kids at all.

Delusion = Belief against reality, not belief against societies.

When does delusion include "socially harmful beliefs that aren't necessarily factually inaccurate"?
Last edited by Neko-koku on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Takso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Takso » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Takso wrote:

For what it's worth, I'm glad they had you. And I hope you view life differently in the future.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The human race will die out within a century. No thanks. If anything it seems like the delusion is telling people not to have kids at all.

Delusion = Belief against reality

So you acknowledge that the human race will die out within a century, and you don't see that as an issue?

Wave on, wave on

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The human race will die out within a century. No thanks. If anything it seems like the delusion is telling people not to have kids at all.

Delusion = Belief against reality, not belief against societies.

When does delusion include "socially harmful beliefs that aren't necessarily factually inaccurate"?

It is factually inaccurate. Much in the way that a praying mantis should try to hold on to a solid surface above the ground to molt, a human should desire and have children.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Takso wrote:

For what it's worth, I'm glad they had you. And I hope you view life differently in the future.

Hell no.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Delusion = Belief against reality, not belief against societies.

It is factually inaccurate. Much in the way that a praying mantis should try to hold on to a solid surface above the ground to molt, a human should desire and have children.

Yeah and male praying mantises should desire and get cannibalized because otherwise praying mantises will die out which is much worse than the pain of eaten male praying mantises, I'm sure.

:unsure:
Last edited by Neko-koku on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Takso wrote:For what it's worth, I'm glad they had you. And I hope you view life differently in the future.

Hell no.

I hope that you do change your views, as wanting the human race to die out is a thoroughly malevolent outlook.

Wave on, wave on

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Neko-koku wrote:Delusion = Belief against reality

So you acknowledge that the human race will die out within a century, and you don't see that as an issue?

Are socially harmful beliefs also necessarily factually inaccurate? Like..if Belief A is immoral does it also have to be factually inaccurate?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Neko-koku wrote:Delusion = Belief against reality

Eh, humans suck. Bonobos or Orangutans should've been the dominant species.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 pm

New haven america wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So you acknowledge that the human race will die out within a century, and you don't see that as an issue?

(Image)

Eh, humans suck. Bonobos or Orangutans should've been the dominant species.

They aren't much better. The universe is a fucking mess. Humans are actually already better than most other species. It is just that all life sucks.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So you acknowledge that the human race will die out within a century, and you don't see that as an issue?

(Image)

Are socially harmful beliefs also necessarily factually inaccurate? Like..if Belief A is immoral does it also have to be factually inaccurate?

How is your belief that you are justified in wanting people not to reproduce and thus cause the extinction of the species "factually accurate"?

Wave on, wave on

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:It is factually inaccurate. Much in the way that a praying mantis should try to hold on to a solid surface above the ground to molt, a human should desire and have children.

Yeah and male praying mantises should desire and get cannibalized because otherwise praying mantises will die out which is much worse than the pain of eaten male praying mantises, I'm sure.

It is, evolutionarily speaking.
And typically less than the majority of male mantids in the wild (species-dependent) are actually cannibalized, by the way.
Last edited by Cekoviu on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Neko-koku wrote:

How is your belief that you are justified in wanting people not to reproduce and thus cause the extinction of the species "factually accurate"?

It does not have a factual component, so it is neither factually accurate nor factually inaccurate.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Yeah and male praying mantises should desire and get cannibalized because otherwise praying mantises will die out which is much worse than the pain of eaten male praying mantises, I'm sure.

It is, evolutionarily speaking.

I agree but THAT FUCKING SUCKS! Do organisms have to live like that?!!!
Last edited by Neko-koku on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:It is, evolutionarily speaking.

I agree but THAT FUCKING SUCKS!

Alright, and what are you going to do about it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General