NATION

PASSWORD

Is America becoming a Fascist nation?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is America becoming fascist?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes : 218

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
I agree (largely because those objective standards don't exactly yield flattering conclusions for such groups), and that's definitely an issue that needs addressing, I'm just saying solving problems in sub-Sahara Africa isn't a prerequisite for building successful societies elsewhere

Sure. However then we essentially have a large group of humans who essentially resent civilization itself and may collaborate with aliens or rogue robots against us. Is this what we want?

In order to undermine and destroy a successful civilisation you have to conquer it or destroy it from within, but a crime-ridden society with huge amounts of poverty and malnutrition is not going to conquer and take over more prosperous and successful societies and civilisations
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:A racial identity is far less important, in my opinion, than the identity that somebody maintains as a person and the feelings they have. If somebody loves a member of another race, it shouldn't be a barrier, and nor should it be a barrier for them producing offspring from said love.

It should if the long-term consequences are whole peoples rootless and without any bond or tie of being part of a racial community larger than themselves, that they can feel a sense of belonging to. There is pride in telling people you are part of a history and heritage bigger than yourself, whether its the Ottoman Empire, the Persian Empire, the Roman Empire, the Chinese Empire, whatever it is, there's a sense of pride and ownership in that lineage and descent, in being born into a family and community. Mixed-race procreation is a form of cruelty and child abuse as it robs future generations of that right.

Maybe it's just me and I'm not at all a nationalist, but I don't see where you're coming from on this. I feel proud of what I've achieved, not what distant forefathers have.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
Sure. However then we essentially have a large group of humans who essentially resent civilization itself and may collaborate with aliens or rogue robots against us. Is this what we want?

In order to undermine and destroy a successful civilisation you have to conquer it or destroy it from within, but a crime-ridden society with huge amounts of poverty and malnutrition is not going to conquer and take over more prosperous and successful societies and civilisations

They don't need to conquer anyone. Instead they just need to undermine human progress..and betray info about us to our alien enemies.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
It should if the long-term consequences are whole peoples rootless and without any bond or tie of being part of a racial community larger than themselves, that they can feel a sense of belonging to. There is pride in telling people you are part of a history and heritage bigger than yourself, whether its the Ottoman Empire, the Persian Empire, the Roman Empire, the Chinese Empire, whatever it is, there's a sense of pride and ownership in that lineage and descent, in being born into a family and community. Mixed-race procreation is a form of cruelty and child abuse as it robs future generations of that right.

Maybe it's just me and I'm not at all a nationalist, but I don't see where you're coming from on this. I feel proud of what I've achieved, not what distant forefathers have.

Not mutually exclusive. I'm proud of my personal achievements, but I'm also proud of my family's personal achievements, I celebrate my parents' job promotions or my younger brother doing well in school even if its not a personal achievement of mine, and likewise I feel proud of my 'wider family' and their personal achievements, my race and ethnicity and the history it represents. For me to say 'I'm proud to be Chinese' has a whole racial history, ancestry and ethnic heritage tied up in that one statement and the enormity of human history it represents, and the same goes for any other racial or ethnic group.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

They don't need to conquer anyone. Instead they just need to undermine human progress..and betray info about us to our alien enemies.

I'm sorry, what alien enemies exactly?

5 Kingdoms of Britannia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby 5 Kingdoms of Britannia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Purgatio wrote:
5 kingdoms of Britannia wrote:I understand just need counter argument being said before we start going full racial purity as you cant be a real blank as your not fully blank. Because all extremes are bad, heritage is important as important as ideas you need part of both to fit in a culture it's one of the reason why 2nd generation immigrants tend to radcilse more often than 1st or 4th generations you need deep family roots in a nation so you have something to act as a yard stick. Race mixing has very little effect unless your culture focus on race. Fro example there are no black people in arge numbers in UK tills 1950s so history till than should be mostly white but BBC doesn't do it like that which irks me a lot. I DONT NEED DARK COLOURED PEOPLE TO RELATE TO BRITISH CULTURE REEEEEEE!

The two are tied together, no question about it. How can a person really feel a sense of identification with, say, the history of the Chinese Empire, or the history of the Japanese civilisation, or the Korean Kingdoms, or numerous Vietnamese dynasties, without being an ethnic Han Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese etc?

I feel British though I'm only half so, at the end of the day it's hard question to answer with no sweeping right or wrongs. Nazis even if born here or in USA aren't truly part of our cultures as they lack freedom of speech at the same time someone in UK is not really an American just because our ideas are similar. All I'm saying is that you need a lot from one and little from the other to actual be a citizen of a nation to believe in ideas is good but you need heritage. I have both my ideas are pretty much British culture (as close you can get without being a drone) while half of my heritage is white. Actual do you think I can be British? I want to see how your idea holds up in practice.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

Organisms and robots from outside this planet.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

5 Kingdoms of Britannia
Spokesperson

Postby 5 Kingdoms of Britannia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Maybe it's just me and I'm not at all a nationalist, but I don't see where you're coming from on this. I feel proud of what I've achieved, not what distant forefathers have.

Not mutually exclusive. I'm proud of my personal achievements, but I'm also proud of my family's personal achievements, I celebrate my parents' job promotions or my younger brother doing well in school even if its not a personal achievement of mine, and likewise I feel proud of my 'wider family' and their personal achievements, my race and ethnicity and the history it represents. For me to say 'I'm proud to be Chinese' has a whole racial history, ancestry and ethnic heritage tied up in that one statement and the enormity of human history it represents, and the same goes for any other racial or ethnic group.

Like I feel pride when we as England win a.gane of football or even better cricket

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:55 pm

5 kingdoms of Britannia wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
The two are tied together, no question about it. How can a person really feel a sense of identification with, say, the history of the Chinese Empire, or the history of the Japanese civilisation, or the Korean Kingdoms, or numerous Vietnamese dynasties, without being an ethnic Han Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese etc?

I feel British though I'm only half so, at the end of the day it's hard question to answer with no sweeping right or wrongs. Nazis even if born here or in USA aren't truly part of our cultures as they lack freedom of speech at the same time someone in UK is not really an American just because our ideas are similar. All I'm saying is that you need a lot from one and little from the other to actual be a citizen of a nation to believe in ideas is good but you need heritage. I have both my ideas are pretty much British culture (as close you can get without being a drone) while half of my heritage is white. Actual do you think I can be British? I want to see how your idea holds up in practice.

You're right that the notion of 'being British' isn't really tied to race any longer, not in a modern, multicultural Britain, so if you say you identity with British culture and society, I see no reason to disagree. You are British, for all modern and contemporary intents and purposes. But at the same time, I also think that's unique to you as an individual, the reality is to feel a sense of belonging and identification to a people, the strongest way is feeling you were born into a lineage and ancestry far bigger and greater than yourself, that ties and bonds you to your fellow man.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

Yes I know what aliens are, I just don't think hypothetical alien enemies are enough of a reason to shell out resources 'fixing' problems overseas that aren't our concern when we can build prosperous, functioning societies without that effort

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Irony:

I, the kitteh who probably bashes Africa the most on NS, is also the only kitteh who wants to fix Africa.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Neko-koku wrote:Irony:

I, the kitteh who probably bashes Africa the most on NS, is also the only kitteh who wants to fix Africa.

Why are you a kitten btw? 'Neko' koku? Any particular reason for that choice?

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Organisms and robots from outside this planet.

Yes I know what aliens are, I just don't think hypothetical alien enemies are enough of a reason to shell out resources 'fixing' problems overseas that aren't our concern when we can build prosperous, functioning societies without that effort

That's fine. What about African diseases? Like..who is going to deal with Ebola? Shall all NE Asian expats get all kinds of vaccines (yeah in fact we already do) before going to Africa for example for the purpose of purchasing some coltan or palm oil and that all who arrived from Sub-Saharan Africa be quarantined at Guangzhou Airport or some other place for a month?
Last edited by Neko-koku on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Purgatio wrote:

Why are you a kitten btw? 'Neko' koku? Any particular reason for that choice?

Lol I just like cats.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Lolk.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017

Postby Gagium » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

I, too, live in the alternate reality where this exists
E

5 Kingdoms of Britannia
Spokesperson

Postby 5 Kingdoms of Britannia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Purgatio wrote:
5 kingdoms of Britannia wrote:I feel British though I'm only half so, at the end of the day it's hard question to answer with no sweeping right or wrongs. Nazis even if born here or in USA aren't truly part of our cultures as they lack freedom of speech at the same time someone in UK is not really an American just because our ideas are similar. All I'm saying is that you need a lot from one and little from the other to actual be a citizen of a nation to believe in ideas is good but you need heritage. I have both my ideas are pretty much British culture (as close you can get without being a drone) while half of my heritage is white. Actual do you think I can be British? I want to see how your idea holds up in practice.

You're right that the notion of 'being British' isn't really tied to race any longer, not in a modern, multicultural Britain, so if you say you identity with British culture and society, I see no reason to disagree. You are British, for all modern and contemporary intents and purposes. But at the same time, I also think that's unique to you as an individual, the reality is to feel a sense of belonging and identification to a people, the strongest way is feeling you were born into a lineage and ancestry far bigger and greater than yourself, that ties and bonds you to your fellow man.

So you igrone the fact that mixed children that if you go far back enough have a ancestor that would fit your term of British descent that mean they are British? Or it means they are not which therefore means there is a point of start of culture and anyone who has children outside that culture is no longer part of that culture... I'm gonna be honest man your idea is about as good as multiculturalism... okay not that bad but close it lack a real world application and is flawed made for an era that though I want to go back to (1930s) we just cant I want UK to get rid of idea of multiculturalism and remember the days when we didn't care about race... unless you where French or German, for us to do that we must get.ride of multiculturalism and not care about ones race problem solved.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Gagium wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Organisms and robots from outside this planet.

I, too, live in the alternate reality where this exists

Nobody knows whether they do. We have to be prepared and at least secure the solar system. Shit such as 'Oumuamua shouldn't have been able to sneak very close to the Earth without humans noticing. If we couldn't spot 'Oumuamua before it got that close how could we spot alien space fighters before it is too late?

Humanity needs a Solar System Defense Force right now.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sachsen-Osterreich
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sachsen-Osterreich » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Auristania wrote:No, but Britain will become a Fascist state when EU installs Jeremy Corbyn a District Commissioner and he sends all the Jews to re-education camps.

Oh, come on. Labour has an anti-semitism problem, but Corbyn wouldn't send Jews to "re-education camps." Nor do those inherently make a place fascist.

It wouldn't be the first time that communists have sent class enemies to Re-education camps.....

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Kowani wrote:Yeah, no. The mixed kids would still have those ties, they’d just have other ones as well. I mean, heck, look at Obama. He’s got Kenyan ties and (I think Irish) ones as well. There’s no reason a mixed race child would be “cut off” from their ancestors-unless you wanted genetically pure people, in which case I would recommend the Sentinelese.

And how 'in touch' would say Obama is with his Irish heritage? How much does he identify with his Irish roots, how often does he talk about it in public?

Well, I don’t know how much he identifies with it, not being a mind reader and all.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Gagium wrote:I, too, live in the alternate reality where this exists

Nobody knows whether they do. We have to be prepared and at least secure the solar system. Shit such as 'Oumuamua shouldn't have been able to sneak very close to the Earth without humans noticing. If we couldn't spot 'Oumuamua before it got that close how could we spot alien space fighters before it is too late?

Join the Space Force, then.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Gagium wrote:I, too, live in the alternate reality where this exists

I think the immediate danger created by humanity is much more pressing than a fantastical illusion of alien warfare.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Sachsen-Osterreich wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Oh, come on. Labour has an anti-semitism problem, but Corbyn wouldn't send Jews to "re-education camps." Nor do those inherently make a place fascist.

It wouldn't be the first time that communists have sent class enemies to Re-education camps.....

Corbyn is not a communist.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:11 pm

5 kingdoms of Britannia wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

So you igrone the fact that mixed children that if you go far back enough have a ancestor that would fit your term of British descent that mean they are British? Or it means they are not which therefore means there is a point of start of culture and anyone who has children outside that culture is no longer part of that culture... I'm gonna be honest man your idea is about as good as multiculturalism... okay not that bad but close it lack a real world application and is flawed made for an era that though I want to go back to (1930s) we just cant I want UK to get rid of idea of multiculturalism and remember the days when we didn't care about race... unless you where French or German, for us to do that we must get.ride of multiculturalism and not care about ones race problem solved.

I think a person who is born Anglo-Saxon will have a strong identification with the British Empire, a person born Germanic will have a stronger identification with German history and the German Empire, 23AndMe and other DNA testing companies can already trace your ancestry to reference populations as it stands so I don't see why my conception of the Nation as tied intrinsically to the tripartite indicators of Race, Ethnicity and Ancestry is so untenable, and is in fact a means of creating a stronger national identity than what we have currently, the tragedy of 'civic nationalism' and 'multiculturalism' which you seem to disagree with.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Sachsen-Osterreich wrote:

Corbyn is not a communist.

He's pretty close to it

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General