NATION

PASSWORD

Should parents be able to track their children?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:
The funniest thing is that people still don't want to admit that families are absolute monarchies.

monarchy
noun UK ​ /ˈmɒn.ə.ki/ US ​ /ˈmɑː.nɚ.ki/

[ C ] a country that has a king or queen
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... h/monarchy

A family is a country that has a king or queen...? What the actual fuck...? :eyebrow:

What do you think the original version of the patriarchy actually is?
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 am

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:A family is a country that has a king or queen...? What the actual fuck...? :eyebrow:

You could just admit that your "families are absolute monarchies" statement is complete bs. ;)
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 am

Neko-koku wrote:

You could just admit that your "families are absolute monarchies" statement is complete bs. ;)

It isn't. Maybe not in modern WASP ones but that's because you are lucky.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:12 am

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You could just admit that your "families are absolute monarchies" statement is complete bs. ;)

Then it’s rather irrelevant to compare them to something they’re not, don’t you think?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 am

Neko-koku wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You could just admit that your "families are absolute monarchies" statement is complete bs. ;)

It is bs. It's as bs as saying that horse drawn carts are actually cars, as that's what you are doing by fallaciously appealing to the origins of a thing and making them totally equivalent.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 am

The more time a parent spends with a child, the less need for a tracker there is. It's also better for their development. Trackers of those older than children should not be allowed. That just destroys any trust.
Last edited by Mzeusia on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:25 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:It isn't. Maybe not in modern WASP ones but that's because you are lucky.

Then it’s rather irrelevant to compare them to something they’re not, don’t you think?

It isn't irrelevant because historically and in many current societies families ARE absolute monarchies.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 am

Yeah, my parents turned me into an anxious wreck without the need of a tracking system, I don't think children need the extra stress of their parents tracking them at all hours.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am

Neko-koku wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

It isn't irrelevant because historically and in many current societies families ARE absolute monarchies.

Yes, it is irrelevant. In the past? Perhaps. In yours? So you say. In most modern families? Nope.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Kaztropol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2011

Postby Kaztropol » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

If children grow up wearing such a monitor, there will be some that think "well, it didn't do me any harm", and would support it being mandatory. To ensure people's safety etc.

Furthermore: A tech-savvy paedo using a stolen or hacked password, would then know a child's route to/from school or whatever, without having to spy on them in person and risk being seen hanging around. Making them harder to catch when they do strike.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm

They should be able to, I guess, but they don't really need to. The great irony of the modern helicopter, fear based parenting is that it's safer now than ever to not be up your kids asses and let them be independent. Sadly, the world is full of really pathetic and weak parents who have completely irrational fears of harm befalling their children.
Insert trite farewell here

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Kaztropol wrote:If children grow up wearing such a monitor, there will be some that think "well, it didn't do me any harm", and would support it being mandatory. To ensure people's safety etc.

Furthermore: A tech-savvy paedo using a stolen or hacked password, would then know a child's route to/from school or whatever, without having to spy on them in person and risk being seen hanging around. Making them harder to catch when they do strike.

That's Being a Good Slave 101.....
Last edited by Neko-koku on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Somewhat arbitrary, but up to the age of around 16 I'm okay with it as looking after children is primarily the role if a parent. Older than that and it'd be a bit creepy.

This is my take on it. The idea isn't terrible, but there needs to be a cutoff point.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Somewhat arbitrary, but up to the age of around 16 I'm okay with it as looking after children is primarily the role if a parent. Older than that and it'd be a bit creepy.

This is my take on it. The idea isn't terrible, but there needs to be a cutoff point.

No, it's a shitty idea in general. You don't need to track your kids. They are safer than ever and, statistically, are in more danger around you than not given that parents are overwhelmingly responsible for abuse to children.
Insert trite farewell here

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:

Because you aren't an authoritarian by global standards.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:This is my take on it. The idea isn't terrible, but there needs to be a cutoff point.

Because you aren't an authoritarian by global standards.

It's no more authoritarian than a parent telling their kid they can't go out tonight.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:This is my take on it. The idea isn't terrible, but there needs to be a cutoff point.

No, it's a shitty idea in general. You don't need to track your kids. They are safer than ever and, statistically, are in more danger around you than not given that parents are overwhelmingly responsible for abuse to children.

I don't think it should be mandatory, but I don't mind parents having the option.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Because you aren't an authoritarian by global standards.

It's no more authoritarian than a parent telling their kid they can't go out tonight.

Both are authoritarian. However the former can become a lot worse because it involves enforcement.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:It's no more authoritarian than a parent telling their kid they can't go out tonight.

Both are authoritarian. However the former can become a lot worse because it involves enforcement.

You find parents raising their kids and keeping track of them to be authoritarian?

I mean, okay. But that's probably one of the most benevolent forms of authoritarianism I've ever seen.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Both are authoritarian. However the former can become a lot worse because it involves enforcement.

You find parents raising their kids and keeping track of them to be authoritarian?

I mean, okay. But that's probably one of the most benevolent forms of authoritarianism I've ever seen.

It's authoritarian because nobody agreed to be born into this cruel world and start from the bottom of a society (infant) under authority.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:You find parents raising their kids and keeping track of them to be authoritarian?

It's authoritarian because nobody agreed to be born into this cruel world

The concept that nothingness is capable of giving consent is fucking moronic.

Wave on, wave on

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:You find parents raising their kids and keeping track of them to be authoritarian?

It's authoritarian because nobody agreed to be born into this cruel world and start from the bottom of a society (infant) under authority.

Too bad.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
It's authoritarian because nobody agreed to be born into this cruel world

The concept that nothingness is capable of giving consent is fucking moronic.

It isn't. Hence true Libertarianism essentially forbades childbirth.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

This should not be allowed. Children are people, not property or prisoners.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:It's authoritarian because nobody agreed to be born into this cruel world
The New California Republic wrote:The concept that nothingness is capable of giving consent is fucking moronic.

It isn't. Hence true Libertarianism essentially forbades childbirth.

Of course it's a moronic concept; something that doesn't exist is incapable of anything, including consent.

Explain to me how nothingness is capable of giving consent. Try. Please. I'd love to see it.

Wave on, wave on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General