NATION

PASSWORD

Mosque worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed gunman

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Otira
Envoy
 
Posts: 342
Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Otira » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Destriustan wrote:
Otira wrote:It has to be more complicated than that. For example, in the United States large segments of their black population are extremely lower class and half higher rates of murder and violence, but they don't commit organized political massacres like Islamists and WN. What's the difference? Or are their murderers not incels like the Islamists and WNs and it all comes down to sex for them?

"This just in; sex creates terrorists!"


This leaves us in a rough spot. We can't simply ban sex. But if we make sex more available the Islamists and WNs will complain we're making society more degenerate.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192777
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Risastorstein wrote:
Pere Housh Alpha wrote:That is still alot of people.

Compared to the Front National in France or the Lega in Italy, not really.


It has many in Germany worried enough that there have been calls to but AfD under surveillance.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8342
Founded: May 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Jolthig wrote:
Springfeal wrote:
I am not a Muslim nor a Nazi. I don't advocate killing people based on their beliefs. But, I do believe that dangerous ideologies should be banned or at least face heavy restrictions.

My friend, you are completely mistaken on your views on Islam. I will demonstrate this to be the case why your hate is unfounded and it completely exaggerates what Islam is. Just note my only goal is to tell the truth. Not to change your mind which is up to you really because we will most likely retain our views unless if something happens. I will prepare a large scale response compiled from various sources.

I feel like punching the fucking wall when people call Islam an ideology. it's a fucking religion and no more of an ideology than christianity and Judaism.
IC: The State of Taliana
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)

Our NHS Is Not For Sale!

Sanders 2020 Biden 2020

Starmer 2024 - Nobody be stoppin that FACTION FREE FURY
Views
Join NS P2TM's pre-eminent US politics RP!
Land of the Free
Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)
Governor-elect Tara Misra (R-KY)
Acting Caucus Chair Representative John Atang (D-NY03)
Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Scomagia wrote:I don't heed polls, Nana. They're far, far too easily manipulated both the pollsters and the polled. But I'll give this too you; they aren't without support.


My point is that it is very naive to think that just by banning an ideology or a religion you eliminate it. You just force it underground where it most certainly keeps gaining adherents.

Oh, sure. No argument from me. As I'm sure you know, "ban x" is not a line you're ever likely to see from me.
Insert trite farewell here

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 3235
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Otira wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:I repeat. Islamist violence and WN violence are both predominantly caused by lower class young incels being lower class young incels.

It has to be more complicated than that. For example, in the United States large segments of their black population are extremely lower class and have higher rates of murder and violence, but they don't commit organized political massacres like Islamists and WN. What's the difference? Or are their murderers not incels like the Islamists and WNs and it all comes down to sex for them?


Black and Australoid violent incels just do not tend to know a lot of political ideologies, hence they don't tend to dress their sexual violence in ideologies such as nationalism or religion.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It has many in Germany worried enough that there have been calls to but AfD under surveillance.

AfD is just your basic Euro-skeptic anti-immigrant far-right party but since it's in "Totally-Not-Nazi-Anymore-Land", everyone is shitting their pants.

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 3235
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:34 pm

I actually have evidence to back my theory that poverty and incel cause violence. The Black September was a militant group within PLO that even PLO itself could no longer control. Eventually the BS militantism problem was solved by PLO playing the matchmaker and introducing BS folks to ladies.

The most important causes of violence:
1. Masculinity
2. Inceldom
3. Poverty

Not ideology lol.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192777
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Risastorstein wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It has many in Germany worried enough that there have been calls to but AfD under surveillance.

AfD is just your basic Euro-skeptic anti-immigrant far-right party but since it's in "Totally-Not-Nazi-Anymore-Land", everyone is shitting their pants.


The sad part is that although many in Germany have indeed worked hard at moving past Nazism, at making a tolerant place out of their country, Nazism is not past Germany. Either way, I used it as just an example of flawed thinking that just banning something eliminates it. It really doesn’t.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Tombradyonia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 898
Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tombradyonia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Springfeal wrote:
Jolthig wrote:Not really because phobia can also mean hatred towards something which I find quite illogical which is why I think it is rightfully applied.

Although I tend to use that word carefully based off peoples conduct. It depends on how you go at Islam whether or not I will consider you adhering to islamophobia.

But if you feel from an intellectual level why Islam is bad, I happily sit down with you and go over and verses and hadith with you in idt.


Yeah yeah the IDT is a joke thread with joke Islamic responses. Face it, Islam is nothing more than a evil ideology/cult made by a pedophilic warlord. Sura 4 says that women are worth only half as much as men, that women aren't allowed to say no to their husbands (Islamic rape), and that men can beat their wives. Sura 9 outright commands Muslims to kill infidels wherever they may find them.

Any peaceful/tolerance stuff was written when Muhammad and his cult were just a fringe group that wouldn't stand a chance in a war. The minute they became powerful enough, Muhammad showed his true colors as the violent psychopath he is. And you want hadith? Yeah that is all just more hate and bullshit too. Killing apostates, LGBT people, women that don't submit to their husbands, Islamic slavery, raping female slaves, marrying 6 year olds, killing dogs because they are unclean, etc. Islam is just as bad if not worse than Nazism.


Christianity ain't any better, pal. Unless you choose to ignore its bloody history of conquest sanctioned by the church (aka colonialism), slavery (warmly approved of by the bible which contains hundreds of rules as to how to treat slaves and even a nifty price list as in what you should charge for slaves sold), rampant misogyny, racism, homophobia etc. Christianity's venture into the Americas caused as many as 75-100 million dead (first wave caused inadvertedly by disease, later waves by the church sanctioned greed of the conquistadors who were stealing all the wealth and killing those who resisted). This rivals the number of Hindus and Sikhs killed by islamic Mughal warlords invading the Indus valley.

Religion-inspired murder is easily the leading cause of death throughout the ages (apart from natural causes), killing more than all other reasons combined including nazism and stalinism (which were basically also belief systems).

Sure, christianity has been more or less tamed (exceptions duly noted), but that was not by christianity's choice. The church had to be dragged kicking and screaming through the reformation and the enlightenment, resisting all the way. And at several stages, the conservatives (who supported church authority over everything) nearly came out on top.
Last edited by Tombradyonia on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!
Either you are with the United States of America, or you are with Donald Trump

User avatar
Salus Maior
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19545
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Tombradyonia wrote:
Christianity ain't any better, pal. Unless you choose to ignore its bloody history of conquest sanctioned by the church (aka colonialism), slavery (warmly approved of by the bible which contains hundreds of rules as to how to treat slaves and even a nifty price list as in what you should charge for slaves sold), rampant misogyny, racism, homophobia etc. Christianity's venture into the Americas caused as many as 75-100 million dead (first wave caused inadvertedly by disease, later waves by the church sanctioned greed of the conquistadors who were stealing all the wealth and killing those who resisted). This rivals the number of Hindus and Sikhs killed by islamic Mughal warlords invading the Indus valley.

Religion-inspired murder is easily the leading cause of death throughout the ages (apart from natural causes), killing more than all other reasons combined including nazism and stalinism (which were basically also belief systems).


You can't claim disease as "religion inspired murder". Hell, nobody even knew about germs, bacteria, or immunity at the time. There's no way the Europeans would have known that trading with the natives would have exposed them to that.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15

“My entire endeavor has always been to clearly recognize the Will of God in all things and to follow it as completely as possible.” -Blessed Charles of Austria, last Habsburg Emperor

User avatar
Otira
Envoy
 
Posts: 342
Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Otira » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Neko-koku wrote:I actually have evidence to back my theory that poverty and incel cause violence. The Black September was a militant group within PLO that even PLO itself could no longer control. Eventually the BS militantism problem was solved by PLO playing the matchmaker and introducing BS folks to ladies.

The most important causes of violence:
1. Masculinity
2. Inceldom
3. Poverty

Not ideology lol.


We don't need drone strikes, we need matchmakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hj7bp38f8

User avatar
Otira
Envoy
 
Posts: 342
Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Otira » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Tombradyonia wrote:
Christianity ain't any better, pal. Unless you choose to ignore its bloody history of conquest sanctioned by the church (aka colonialism), slavery (warmly approved of by the bible which contains hundreds of rules as to how to treat slaves and even a nifty price list as in what you should charge for slaves sold), rampant misogyny, racism, homophobia etc. Christianity's venture into the Americas caused as many as 75-100 million dead (first wave caused inadvertedly by disease, later waves by the church sanctioned greed of the conquistadors who were stealing all the wealth and killing those who resisted). This rivals the number of Hindus and Sikhs killed by islamic Mughal warlords invading the Indus valley.

Religion-inspired murder is easily the leading cause of death throughout the ages (apart from natural causes), killing more than all other reasons combined including nazism and stalinism (which were basically also belief systems).


You can't claim disease as "religion inspired murder". Hell, nobody even knew about germs, bacteria, or immunity at the time. There's no way the Europeans would have known that trading with the natives would have exposed them to that.


Prove the diseases didn't believe in Jesus Christ. We'll wait.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192777
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:40 pm

The only ones who can change the convulsive elements of their religion, Islam, are Muslims themselves. I really think that change has to come from within. The outside world can’t do much.

That being said, I commend this gentleman for what he did and I refuse to judge every single Muslim person by the actions of jihadists.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Salus Maior
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19545
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The only ones who can change the convulsive elements of their religion, Islam, are Muslims themselves. I really think that change has to come from within. The outside world can’t do much.

That being said, I commend this gentleman for what he did and I refuse to judge every single Muslim person by the actions of jihadists.


In fact, why are we even talking about Jihadists when it was a White Nationalist terrorist that just tried to mass murder people here?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15

“My entire endeavor has always been to clearly recognize the Will of God in all things and to follow it as completely as possible.” -Blessed Charles of Austria, last Habsburg Emperor

User avatar
Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The sad part is that although many in Germany have indeed worked hard at moving past Nazism, at making a tolerant place out of their country, Nazism is not past Germany. Either way, I used it as just an example of flawed thinking that just banning something eliminates it. It really doesn’t.

A more accurate example would have been the NPD. AfD doesn't really belong to Neo-Nazism.

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 3235
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Otira wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:I actually have evidence to back my theory that poverty and incel cause violence. The Black September was a militant group within PLO that even PLO itself could no longer control. Eventually the BS militantism problem was solved by PLO playing the matchmaker and introducing BS folks to ladies.

The most important causes of violence:
1. Masculinity
2. Inceldom
3. Poverty

Not ideology lol.


We don't need drone strikes, we need matchmakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hj7bp38f8


Without polygyny maybe there would have been few jihadists.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192777
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The only ones who can change the convulsive elements of their religion, Islam, are Muslims themselves. I really think that change has to come from within. The outside world can’t do much.

That being said, I commend this gentleman for what he did and I refuse to judge every single Muslim person by the actions of jihadists.


In fact, why are we even talking about Jihadists when it was a White Nationalist terrorist that just tried to mass murder people here?


Some have been saying Islam is evil because jihadists throughout the thread. I’m responding to that. I’m not going to judge Islam or Muslims based on jihadist actions. Just like I don’t judge every Christian based on what the Westboro Baptist Church does.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24014
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The only ones who can change the convulsive elements of their religion, Islam, are Muslims themselves. I really think that change has to come from within. The outside world can’t do much.

That being said, I commend this gentleman for what he did and I refuse to judge every single Muslim person by the actions of jihadists.


In fact, why are we even talking about Jihadists when it was a White Nationalist terrorist that just tried to mass murder people here?

Somebody tried to whataboutism a while back, and we haven’t got around it.
Spanish -AmericanAtheist.
“The time has come to call evil out as evil, and we shall not apologize for naming brutality.”
NSG's resident data enthusiast.
Eppur si muove.


Telconi wrote:Every once in a while Kowani does have a decent point.

User avatar
Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Neko-koku wrote:I actually have evidence to back my theory that poverty and incel cause violence. The Black September was a militant group within PLO that even PLO itself could no longer control. Eventually the BS militantism problem was solved by PLO playing the matchmaker and introducing BS folks to ladies.

The most important causes of violence:
1. Masculinity
2. Inceldom
3. Poverty

Not ideology lol.


The number one reason in my opinion is boredom which encompasses poverty (unemployment = boredom) and celibacy (no relationships = boredom).

User avatar
Salus Maior
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19545
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Kowani wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
In fact, why are we even talking about Jihadists when it was a White Nationalist terrorist that just tried to mass murder people here?

Somebody tried to whataboutism a while back, and we haven’t got around it.


Naturally.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15

“My entire endeavor has always been to clearly recognize the Will of God in all things and to follow it as completely as possible.” -Blessed Charles of Austria, last Habsburg Emperor

User avatar
Salus Maior
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19545
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Neko-koku wrote:I actually have evidence to back my theory that poverty and incel cause violence. The Black September was a militant group within PLO that even PLO itself could no longer control. Eventually the BS militantism problem was solved by PLO playing the matchmaker and introducing BS folks to ladies.

The most important causes of violence:
1. Masculinity
2. Inceldom
3. Poverty

Not ideology lol.


Then why are there women joining terrorist groups? Lots of women chose to join ISIS.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15

“My entire endeavor has always been to clearly recognize the Will of God in all things and to follow it as completely as possible.” -Blessed Charles of Austria, last Habsburg Emperor

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192777
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Kowani wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
In fact, why are we even talking about Jihadists when it was a White Nationalist terrorist that just tried to mass murder people here?

Somebody tried to whataboutism a while back, and we haven’t got around it.


Am I wrong in stating it?
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24014
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kowani wrote:Somebody tried to whataboutism a while back, and we haven’t got around it.


Am I wrong in stating it?

What?
Spanish -AmericanAtheist.
“The time has come to call evil out as evil, and we shall not apologize for naming brutality.”
NSG's resident data enthusiast.
Eppur si muove.


Telconi wrote:Every once in a while Kowani does have a decent point.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45062
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Imagine being such a shitty terrorist that a grandpa stops you lol. Good on the old man.
Third Positionist, Agrarian, Anti-Racist, Authoritarian

User avatar
Neko-koku
Minister
 
Posts: 3235
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:I actually have evidence to back my theory that poverty and incel cause violence. The Black September was a militant group within PLO that even PLO itself could no longer control. Eventually the BS militantism problem was solved by PLO playing the matchmaker and introducing BS folks to ladies.

The most important causes of violence:
1. Masculinity
2. Inceldom
3. Poverty

Not ideology lol.


Then why are there women joining terrorist groups? Lots of women chose to join ISIS.

Because their boyfriends or husbands are in ISIS, not because they are actually interested in terrorism. Women are even less ideological than men on average so most "ideological motives" are probably actually personal ones.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Thousand Islands, Abserdia, Andsed, Australian rePublic, Cannot think of a name, Celritannia, Dytarma, Ethel mermania, Feline Goetland, Giovanniland, Google Adsense [Bot], Graag Brom, Greater Miami Shores, Kannap, Kargintina the Third, Kohr, Kowani, Majestic-12 [Bot], Major-Tom, Neanderthaland, New Cobastheia, Nohle, Post War America, Rio Cana, Shofercia, Shrillland, Sieverolynska, Tarsonis, Terttia, The Democratic Nation of Unovia, The Grand World Order, Thermodolia, Tinhampton, Tonakistan, Tranzoria, Trash Cant, Valrifell, Voxija, West Kronisia, Wink Wonk We Like Stonks

Advertisement

Remove ads