NATION

PASSWORD

The (PR) Chinese politics thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Is Communist China legal?

Yes because it is recognized by most nations
33%
Yes because Communist China has laws
3%
Yes for some other reason
22%
No because Communists illegally usurped power from ROC
33%
No because any form of Chinese state is inherently illegal
6%
No for some other reason
3%

Total votes : 89

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

The (PR) Chinese politics thread

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Let's discuss politics of the communist regime in China in this thread.

The first poll in this thread is: Whether the PRC is even legal. I personally believe that PRC is inherently illegal. Why? Because China had elections such as this one prior to the PRC regime. Communists had never been elected by Chinese people. Instead they were an illegal murderous, drug-dealing militia armed by the Soviet Union which was itself an illegal entity that illegally occupies China. The PRC is about as legitimate as ISIS in Libya. That is, if the Soviet Union was comparable to ISIS in Iraq and Syria then the PRC is comparable to ISIS in Libya. A terrorist organization such as ISIS or CCP should not be grandfathered into a legit nation if it is sufficiently powerful and has been around for a long time.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Nakena wrote:Needs more OP or else i'd be closed by the Mods sooner than later.

Other than that I do recognize the Republic of China as the legitimate chinese state as opposed to the bolshevist Beijing clique.

Agreed here.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Yep. I'm adding to the OP.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:46 pm

I personally recognise the People’s Republic of China as "China", at least for now. AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
Make America Great Britain Again
Overview | Profiles | Templates | Embassy | Politics

| National Report | “Beautiful Albion” programme aimed at decreasing pollution, cleaning litter and renovating inhabited areas to go ahead, says Westminster correspondent. // Polish Crown Prince Konstanty announces birth of son, both mother and child “in good health.” // Prime Minister White-Patel and Austrian counterpart Leopold Mayr expected to meet in Vienna on Monday to discuss furthering Austro-Brytish ties.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:52 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:I personally recognise the People’s Republic of China as "China", at least for now. AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.

I'm obviously anti-traditionalist because traditionalism in the Sinic sense slows economic and scientific progress and makes life hell. For example it has a uniquely Sinosphere isolationist mindset that I have never seen in any other major civilization. Another issue is Confucian opposition to commerce. A China according to my ideals will be a state as free as Taiwan and as capitalist and as rich as Singapore.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:

Agreed here.

Ditto.

Maoist-Occupied China is an illegitimate state that bought it's recognition through cheap slave labor. Taiwan is the last bastion of a true, free, and proud Chinese Nation.

The Brytish Isles wrote:AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Chinese citizens live in a police state; you act like they have a choice in what to think.

And again, the so-called "People's Republic" (which is neither of those things) bought it's legitimacy through cheap slave labor.

The Brytish Isles wrote:Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The Brytish Isles wrote:I personally recognise the People’s Republic of China as "China", at least for now. AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

I'm obviously anti-traditionalist because traditionalism in the Sinic sense slows economic and scientific progress and makes life hell. For example it has a uniquely Sinosphere isolationist mindset that I have never seen in any other major civilization. Another issue is Confucian opposition to commerce. A China according to my ideals will be a state as free as Taiwan and as capitalist and as rich as Singapore.

I get what you mean, however, I see capitalism as a quick way to erode a country’s identity, traditions and acts as a gateway to globalisation, something I don’t want.

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Agreed here.

Ditto.

Maoist-Occupied China is an illegitimate state that bought it's recognition through cheap slave labor. Taiwan is the last bastion of a true, free, and proud Chinese Nation.

The Brytish Isles wrote:AFAIK the vast majority of Chinese citizens support Beijing over Taipei, and more countries recognise the PRC over the ROC as "China".

Chinese citizens live in a police state; you act like they have a choice in what to think.

And again, the so-called "People's Republic" (which is neither of those things) bought it's legitimacy through cheap slave labor.

The Brytish Isles wrote:Now, I would like to see the return of the Republic of China, though I’d prefer the liberalisation that occurred following the death of Chiang Kai-Shek to be reversed, with China becoming strictly traditionalist-nationalist. Else it’s just going to enable American hegemony.

I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

| National Report | “Beautiful Albion” programme aimed at decreasing pollution, cleaning litter and renovating inhabited areas to go ahead, says Westminster correspondent. // Polish Crown Prince Konstanty announces birth of son, both mother and child “in good health.” // Prime Minister White-Patel and Austrian counterpart Leopold Mayr expected to meet in Vienna on Monday to discuss furthering Austro-Brytish ties.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:01 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.

Good thing this isn't your ideal world, then. Sounds quite awful.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

The PRC won.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.

I understand why you’d think that. It’s the opposite case for me.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

The world needs America which is the new Rome.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:The PRC won.

Yes and it fucking sucks.

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Agreed.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Neko-koku wrote:

Yes and it fucking sucks.

It is what it is.

If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them. However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:08 pm

The PRC are wankers but to say that Taiwan is more legitimate is laughable. Just because Taiwan aren't also mega wankers dosen't mean that somehow their claim over the entrity of China is more legitimate than the people who actually control it.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:Yes and it fucking sucks.

It is what it is.

If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them. However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.

Indeed
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:11 pm

The Brytish Isles wrote:
Neko-koku wrote:

I get what you mean, however, I see capitalism as a quick way to erode a country’s identity, traditions and acts as a gateway to globalisation, something I don’t want.

Ditto.

I don’t like America. I don’t like its culture, its identity, its mindset nor its politics. In my ideal world, American hegemony would be as laughable as communism being successful.

So we have to agree to disagree.

The Chinese people aren't called the Jews of Asia for nothing. The most natural thing we should do is forming a global Anglo-Jewish-Chinese(-Gujarati-Lebanese) alliance of merchants and scholars, not revert to Confucian isolationism.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Damn shame, that.

Ethel mermania wrote:If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them.

LMAO

Are you for real? They did try to change their government once and got their guts torn out by bayonets for their trouble.

Ethel mermania wrote:However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.

Oh yeah, that Social Credit System definitely looks like the path to a better life.

/s
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Agarntrop wrote:The PRC are wankers but to say that Taiwan is more legitimate is laughable. Just because Taiwan aren't also mega wankers dosen't mean that somehow their claim over the entrity of China is more legitimate than the people who actually control it.

IMO, Beijing's claim is more laughable.

How you claim to be the successor to a state that still exists? The very fact that RoC has endured all this time is an embarrassment for them.
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

The Brytish Isles
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brytish Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Neko-koku wrote:
The Brytish Isles wrote: - snip -

The Chinese people aren't called the Jews of Asia for nothing. The most natural thing we should do is forming a global Anglo-Jewish-Chinese(-Gujarati-Lebanese) alliance of merchants and scholars, not revert to Confucian isolationism.

Whilst that does admittedly sound appealing, it also sounds quite racialist. Given the fact I’m pretty certain of who you are, you don’t have me on board.

My preferred alternative would be a Confucianist-Taoist-Shintoist dominated world, though with Europe being almost purely pagan and the Middle East + Africa under Zoroastrianism or some form of sub worship.

But that’s a pipe dream at best.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Damn shame, that.

Ethel mermania wrote:If the chinese want to change their government, it's on them.

LMAO

Are you for real? They did try to change their government once and got their guts torn out by bayonets for their trouble.

Ethel mermania wrote:However for the typical peasant life is much better now than it was in 1955, and it is continuing to improve, so I dont see them revolting any time soon.

Oh yeah, that Social Credit System definitely looks like the path to a better life.

/s

Steady food, cleanish water, a large and growing middle class, longer life expectancy, are far more important than what westerners think about china.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Agarntrop wrote:The PRC are wankers but to say that Taiwan is more legitimate is laughable. Just because Taiwan aren't also mega wankers dosen't mean that somehow their claim over the entrity of China is more legitimate than the people who actually control it.

IMO, Beijing's claim is more laughable.

How you claim to be the successor to a state that still exists? The very fact that RoC has endured all this time is an embarrassment for them.

They will take care of that in due time.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Damn shame, that.

LMAO

/s

Steady food, cleanish water, a large and growing middle class, longer life expectancy, are far more important than what westerners think about china.

I agree. Deng and Jiang gave these to China while the Xi fucker may take them away. I can live with Jiang and Hu but not Xi.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Look I'm just gonna say it the Chinese Empire under the Hongxian Emperor were the last legitimate Chinese government.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General