NATION

PASSWORD

Trouble in Jammu & Kashmir

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cydalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Cydalia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:05 am

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:The world is about to end in fire, and it’s the fault of fundies.

Lets just get it all over with.
New Englander. Monarchist. proud afro-latino campus conservative, totally not a nick fuentes alt.

I hate these but whatever.
Pro: Monarchy, Ethnic/Civic Nationalism, Conservatism, Patriotism, Catholicism, Falangism, Guns, Statism.
Neutral: the girl reading this.
Anti: Leftism, Anarchism, Libertarianism, Degeneracy, Atheism, Feminism, LGBT, Democracy.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:08 am

Hindu Mahasabha wrote:Kashmiri is now fully unified with India.

Modi makes it possible.

At what cost, though? This isn't worth people dying over in large numbers, and it seems like there's reason to be concerned about violence.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Cydalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Cydalia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:29 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Hindu Mahasabha wrote:Kashmiri is now fully unified with India.

Modi makes it possible.

At what cost, though? This isn't worth people dying over in large numbers, and it seems like there's reason to be concerned about violence.

Maybe Thanos is actually Hindu or something.
New Englander. Monarchist. proud afro-latino campus conservative, totally not a nick fuentes alt.

I hate these but whatever.
Pro: Monarchy, Ethnic/Civic Nationalism, Conservatism, Patriotism, Catholicism, Falangism, Guns, Statism.
Neutral: the girl reading this.
Anti: Leftism, Anarchism, Libertarianism, Degeneracy, Atheism, Feminism, LGBT, Democracy.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:30 am

Cydalia wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Maybe Thanos is actually Hindu or something.

:?:
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:32 am

The Hindustani State wrote:
Cydalia wrote:Maybe Thanos is actually Hindu or something.

:?:

Thanos snap? Ring any bells? No?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Merther
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Merther » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:37 am

Pacomia wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Why does anyone care about Kashmir? It’s literally just a bunch of mountains, it can’t be worth dying over except for irrational need to have territory.

Might be strategic, who knows?

Or maybe it’s just a desire to look bigger on a map. It’s probably that.

Pretty sure it's more of a "My religion is better than yours so I want this land as a symbol of my superiority" flex thing.

Pakistan is supported by China whatsoever and the Chinese govt won't let the Indians just get away with a war against Pakistan. I'm pretty sure what's gonna happen is that there's gonna be a show of force from all the participants (China will get involved.) and then they'll probably scare each other quite a lot and it's gonna be status quo again for the next ten years.
Last edited by Merther on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merther is not a nation, but the name of a lifeless planet located within a fictionnal planetary system : Cyrthe. To know more about it, click here and don't forget to read the spoilers !
And yes, when I type it's me, the player, typing. I didn't know I had to precise that.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 am

Alvecia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Based on the discredited nuclear winter theory.
Anyways more 100 already have been detonated.

The burning of oil wells in Kuwait proved that even if firestorms happened (nuclear weapons actually do not cause them in more modern cities) that the effects of mass fires are short lived and localized.

From what I can tell the 100 figures comes from what a "pragmatic quantity of nuclear weapons for any nation to have" would be.
Here, I think.
"With 100 nuclear weapons, you still get nuclear deterrence, but avoid the probable blowback from nuclear autumn that kills your own people,"

Edit: And I think the point is that 100 simultaneous targeted strikes would be enough. Not 100 spaced out tests in remote areas.

But this is still using the discredited nuclear winter model.
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/1997/0210/5903123a.html
Even pro-disarmament George Rathjens of MIT, also executive at the Council for a Livable World, said, “Nuclear winter is the worst example of the misrepresentation of science to the public in my memory.”

Nuclear winter is total garbage. Nuclear bombs rarely cause firestorms and firestorms only cause short term localized climatic effects.
Last edited by Novus America on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:30 am

Otira wrote:What if we partition Pakistan and India into multiple Kashmir-like states? Would that fix the problem?

Can't happen, even forcibly.

Who gets the nukes? Who gets the highly populated regions? How do we know these new nations won't be antagonizing each other even harder?

What we need IMO is making sure these two countries can never get into an armed conflict that can escalate into a war.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 am

I guess demographic changes happening without the consent of the governed is now suddenly controversial if we're talking about Kashmir.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:35 am

It's 1971 all over again.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 am

The New California Republic wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote: :?:

Thanos snap? Ring any bells? No?

ofc, I don’t know how you can connect that to Thanos being a Hindu
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:39 am

Can't we just make the area it's own independent country? I would honestly prefer that. Otherwise, we have two countries beating their chests over a small piece of land...
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:14 am

Kashmir has these periods of violent unrest. The local Hindu and Muslim communities have tense passive to tense hostile relations. Having the Indian army patrolling the streets and setting checkpoints everywhere doesn’t help either, but after the terrorist attacks to the Hazrat Bal shrine... among other violent episodes, it’s not like I don’t understand their worry.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 am

Zurkerx wrote:Can't we just make the area it's own independent country? I would honestly prefer that. Otherwise, we have two countries beating their chests over a small piece of land...

I would think that it's partially for resources, os making the nation independent would be in neither countries best interest.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:42 am

Zurkerx wrote:Can't we just make the area it's own independent country? I would honestly prefer that. Otherwise, we have two countries beating their chests over a small piece of land...

The area is of interest to Pakistan, India and also China. I don't think you'll get any of them to support an independent nation squished in-between the three of them. It's too contentious.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:47 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:I guess demographic changes happening without the consent of the governed is now suddenly controversial if we're talking about Kashmir.

The demographic change in Kashmir from before the conflict to now was an super majority of Muslims with a large Hindu minority to the current super majority of Muslims with a large Hindu minority.

East Ustya
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 am

I think this is just a conflict meant to stir nationalism in both nations.

Something both governments can use to rally ppl. :geek:
Headlines:
2:(Neo)Paganism is decreasing in popularity after misandric comments made by their leading high priestess.

On the market for a new region.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:04 pm

Duvniask wrote:

The area is of interest to Pakistan, India and also China. I don't think you'll get any of them to support an independent nation squished in-between the three of them. It's too contentious.

Plus the headwaters of the Indus River are there. Nobody wants to surrender control of those. Water is of vital importance especially given the droughts ouccuring in Pakistan and Northwest India.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:10 pm

East Ustya wrote:I think this is just a conflict meant to stir nationalism in both nations.

You believe it's a false flag?

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm

The South Falls wrote:
East Ustya wrote:I think this is just a conflict meant to stir nationalism in both nations.

You believe it's a false flag?

No, not at all.

I think both governments just profit from the situation, which is why it has not been resolved yet. :ugeek:
Last edited by East Ustya on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headlines:
2:(Neo)Paganism is decreasing in popularity after misandric comments made by their leading high priestess.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Heloin wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:I guess demographic changes happening without the consent of the governed is now suddenly controversial if we're talking about Kashmir.

The demographic change in Kashmir from before the conflict to now was an super majority of Muslims with a large Hindu minority to the current super majority of Muslims with a large Hindu minority.

*Large Hindu Minority as nearly all Hindus have been ousted and are living in exile in UP and part of the Indian diaspora in the US*

Yep, large Hidnu minority

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:28 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:
Heloin wrote:The demographic change in Kashmir from before the conflict to now was an super majority of Muslims with a large Hindu minority to the current super majority of Muslims with a large Hindu minority.

*Large Hindu Minority as nearly all Hindus have been ousted and are living in exile in UP and part of the Indian diaspora in the US*

Yep, large Hidnu minority

Since Mughal rule the Kashmiri Pandit in the Kashmir valley have not made up more then 6% of the population. Before the partition of India they only made up 4%. Jammu is the only part of the region that has had a historical Hindu majority for the last 500 years.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:34 pm

To be honest, if this does devolve into nuclear war, I hope China invades India and fixes it.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:To be honest, if this does devolve into nuclear war, I hope China invades India and fixes it.

Or the Maoists topple the Indian government.
Last edited by East Ustya on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headlines:

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:36 pm

East Ustya wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:To be honest, if this does devolve into nuclear war, I hope China invades India and fixes it.

Or the Maoists topple the Indian government.

I’m sure that would make Jason Unruhe euphoric
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General