NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread XVII: The Snark Enlightenment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Has Shinzo Abe's leadership been good for Japan?

Yes
31%
No
26%
Unsure
44%

Total votes : 121

Temple State
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Temple State wrote:
Not if you nationalize Finance and change the tax system in general (Social Credit).

So now you're socializing financial risk to the people? Why should taxpayers be on the hook because a government lender made a big fuck up?

Absolutely not. Freeze the assets of speculators and venture capitalists if they fuck up and turn it all over to somebody more nifty. Somebody more loyal to the Nation.
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Temple State
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Kowani wrote:I thought you were a demon...

Much like religions.

Religions don't really exist anymore without people to believe in them. If the people who believe in the religion modernize then the religion itself has modernized.

Even if Theology changes, God does not change (Malachi).
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Duvniask wrote:
And it doesn't address the issue at hand, which is that Christians adhere to a book that condones genocide. The question I was responding to was asking why Christians should abandon the Old Testament; my response being that it is explicitly genocidal.

The Old Testament isn't a book, it's 46 books.

I was referring to the Bible as a whole in that sentence.

And you're only quoting from the earlier ones.

And regardless, no we're not going to change the Biblical Canon.

And regardless, you're gonna come out in favor of genocidal scripture. That's all anyone needs to know.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pm

Kowani wrote:I thought you were a demon...

I see you are getting to know me.

Kowani wrote:
Temple State wrote:
Unfortunately. We need a new Urban II.

Fuck that noise.

Renaissance popes were the best ones.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pm

Temple State wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
So now you're socializing financial risk to the people? Why should taxpayers be on the hook because a government lender made a big fuck up?

Absolutely not. Freeze the assets of speculators and venture capitalists if they fuck up and turn it all over to somebody more nifty. Somebody more loyal to the Nation.

Should've broken up the big banks in '08, TBH.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pm

Temple State wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Religions don't really exist anymore without people to believe in them. If the people who believe in the religion modernize then the religion itself has modernized.

Even if Theology changes, God does not change (Malachi).

Which of the thousands of sects and interpretations says this
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Diopolis wrote:So you aren't a trad-Catholic?

Considering he's blending 40K, Fascism, and Catholicism all together I would hazard a guess of...Nope.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Temple State
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
Why are you so obsessed with sterilization? You've brought it up so many times I can't keep track.

It prevents overpopulation and also can be used as a form of punishment. Although if someone actually wants to be sterilized, then there are other punishments that could be applied, such as castration.

And it lets us raise IQ to adapt to a post-industrial automated society, where blue collars are no longer needed. It would be inhumane to kill retards, but to phase them out? Why not. It is for the benefit of future generations.

Anybody wants Planet Idiocracy?
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

Considering he's plenty 40K, Fascism, and Catholicism all together I would hazard a guess of...Nope.

Yeah. And then there's the post immediately below yours.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

Considering he's plenty 40K, Fascism, and Catholicism all together I would hazard a guess of...Nope.

Isn't fascism and Catholicism basically just falangism
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Temple State
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Temple State wrote:
Neither do you then.

Where'd you get that idea, the first sentence in my post?
Fact: RCC doctrine has changed. Especially since the 60's.

So you aren't a trad-Catholic?

Que? I don't know your terminology but TradCat usually refers to Catholics who wants the Church to return to pre-VII doctrine and liturgy.
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Nakena wrote:
What do you think is the cause of this? I'd think theres probably a number of investment funds around (pension or retirement aside) who would allow at least for indirect investment. But I am insufficiently familiar with the market. Yet.

I think the cause of it is that being a public company is no longer worth the trouble for many businesses. Companies used to go public because it gave them an easy way to raise equity if they needed it (usually to make acquisitions or expand their business). But it also comes with several drawbacks, including increased public scrutiny, filing requirements (which are actually quite expensive to keep up with), and the imposition of Chinese walls between directors that can make day-to-day business impractical.

Also, companies often went public so that they could easily pay their employees in company stock and employees could cash out when more liberally. This practice used to be the norm for large businesses and has now all but ended.

It's a pity. Would you say that the decline of payouts in company stocks has more to do with regulations/practical reasons or more a change of culture?

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Temple State wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

You are proposing that speculators and venture capitalists become government employees, meaning that their mistakes are now borne by society at large.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Temple State wrote:

You are proposing that speculators and venture capitalists become government employees, meaning that their mistakes are now borne by society at large.

You mean they have some accountability now? That's terrible.
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Duvniask wrote:I was referring to the Bible as a whole in that sentence.

And regardless, you're gonna come out in favor of genocidal scripture. That's all anyone needs to know.

So your statement is even less accurate.

It's not even something we practice, obviously. It's in the Bible because the foundation of ancient Israel and it's myths and history is an important part of understanding what is meant in the New Testament when it is said there is a "New Israel" (the Church). The Biblical canon is the way it is because it's important to understanding doctrine and dogma and the themes of the New Testament.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Temple State
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Temple State wrote:

Something along those lines. Central banking should only be public, as should all finance. It is not something that creates value in itself, it merely renders the circulation of actual goods and services possible and easier. Finance is like the blood of the body, but it is the arms, brain and the mouth (WORK) that adds the nutrition to it.
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Falangism is a real thing and is either a subset of fascism or a close cousin, depending on who you ask. Nevertheless it doesn't have much to do with what Temple seems to be advocating.

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Ey, Bear Stearns, what's your opinion on Credit Unions and Online Banks. Relevant because I'll be entering the workforce in less than a year.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Nakena wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
I think the cause of it is that being a public company is no longer worth the trouble for many businesses. Companies used to go public because it gave them an easy way to raise equity if they needed it (usually to make acquisitions or expand their business). But it also comes with several drawbacks, including increased public scrutiny, filing requirements (which are actually quite expensive to keep up with), and the imposition of Chinese walls between directors that can make day-to-day business impractical.

Also, companies often went public so that they could easily pay their employees in company stock and employees could cash out when more liberally. This practice used to be the norm for large businesses and has now all but ended.

It's a pity. Would you say that the decline of payouts in company stocks has more to do with regulations/practical reasons or more a change of culture?

A whole multitude of factors that have more to do with general US economic history. US companies now have to openly compete against Chinese, Indian, and Latin American competitors. In their eyes, such luxuries aren't worth it anymore.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Temple State
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

You can see before that I mentioned Falangism as one of the Fascisms most closely aligned with my own. I prefer the term Integralism though.
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Temple State wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
It prevents overpopulation and also can be used as a form of punishment. Although if someone actually wants to be sterilized, then there are other punishments that could be applied, such as castration.

And it lets us raise IQ to adapt to a post-industrial automated society, where blue collars are no longer needed. It would be inhumane to kill retards, but to phase them out? Why not. It is for the benefit of future generations.

Anybody wants Planet Idiocracy?

I'm pretty sure you're violating a lot of the Church's tenets here.
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith wrote:Any sterilization which of itself, that is, of its own nature and condition, has the sole immediate effect of rendering the generative faculty incapable of procreation, is to be considered direct sterilization, as the term is understood in the declarations of the pontifical magisterium, especially of Pius XII. Therefore, notwithstanding any subjectively right intention of those whose actions are prompted by the care or prevention of physical or mental illness which is foreseen or feared as a result of pregnancy, such sterilization remains absolutely forbidden by the doctrine of the church.

Neither can any mandate of public authority, which would seek to impose direct sterilization as necessary for the common good, be invoked, for such sterilization damages the dignity and inviolability of the human person.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:Ey, Bear Stearns, what's your opinion on Credit Unions and Online Banks. Relevant because I'll be entering the workforce in less than a year.

Ooh, what is your intended occupation/profession?
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Temple State
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Temple State » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Temple State wrote:

Public embezzlement: The Rope. Get it?
☩DEVS☩VVLT☩

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Temple State wrote:
Crysuko wrote:Isn't fascism and Catholicism basically just falangism

You can see before that I mentioned Falangism as one of the Fascisms most closely aligned with my own. I prefer the term Integralism though.

Tomayto tomahto
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Temple State wrote:

Not necessarily. Letting Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns fail was good. Natural consequence of their own risk-taking. However, I would not have bailed out Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Wachovia, AIG, or Washington Mutual. But that's different than breaking up existing companies.

Unrelated, however, but due to its disparate lines of business and gargantuan size, there is a growing group of people who believe that JPMorgan Chase should be broken up. Their reasons are varied (some people who advocate this are JPMorgan Chase stockholders), but it is interesting to think about.
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General