NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread XVII: The Snark Enlightenment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Has Shinzo Abe's leadership been good for Japan?

Yes
31%
No
26%
Unsure
44%

Total votes : 121

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:33 pm

So my American history teacher raised an interesting point regarding the American Revolution....

The Americans didn't become discontent with the British Empire because they became something other than English, it's because they themselves became more English.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Annex Mexico, yay or nay?

Both Mexico and Canada should be annexed, tbqh. We will need their people and resources to fight the PRC.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Novus America wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Well, breaking up massive companies like Boeing and then nationalizing at least some of the remnants would be a good start.

At the very least we should do need to diversify our sourcing, and might need to force them to spin off some of their subsidiaries they acquired in the 90s.

I would rather keep the government out of too much acquisitions though, we do not want the government to be a monopoly on manufacturing either.

Mostly though we need to stop hiring so many PMC and private security guards and stuff.
Having contractors do jobs better done by real soldiers is something we do need to reduce.

Our government should certainly stop dealing with private security. I mean, Blackwater and others have tainted our reputation.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Salus Maior wrote:So my American history teacher raised an interesting point regarding the American Revolution....

The Americans didn't become discontent with the British Empire because they became something other than English, it's because they themselves became more English.

Well, yes. After all, one of the biggest gripes the Revolutionaries had was that they felt their fundamental rights as Englishmen were being denied.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Annex Mexico, yay or nay?

Both Mexico and Canada should be annexed, tbqh. We will need their people and resources to fight the PRC.

Indeed. The question is not what needs to be done, the question is how?

We cannot just send the Marines in. Well militarily we could, but politically it would not be viable.

Mexico has more to gain and less to lose, millions of Mexicans want to be American and it it is easy to influence its government. I think political influence, propaganda and a bit of political skullduggery would work on Mexico. Canada is harder, but we certainly should try to convince them.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
At the very least we should do need to diversify our sourcing, and might need to force them to spin off some of their subsidiaries they acquired in the 90s.

I would rather keep the government out of too much acquisitions though, we do not want the government to be a monopoly on manufacturing either.

Mostly though we need to stop hiring so many PMC and private security guards and stuff.
Having contractors do jobs better done by real soldiers is something we do need to reduce.

Our government should certainly stop dealing with private security. I mean, Blackwater and others have tainted our reputation.

I definitely agree there.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:So my American history teacher raised an interesting point regarding the American Revolution....

Well, yes. After all, one of the biggest gripes the Revolutionaries had was that they felt their fundamental rights as Englishmen were being denied.

The true character of an Englishmen is indeed a Republican.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Novus America wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Both Mexico and Canada should be annexed, tbqh. We will need their people and resources to fight the PRC.

We cannot just send the Marines in. Well militarily we could, but politically it would not be viable.

Mexico has more to gain and less to lose, millions of Mexicans want to be American and it it is easy to influence its government. I think political influence, propaganda and a bit of political skullduggery would work on Mexico. Canada is harder, but we certainly should try to convince them.

Invade one mile at a time. Grant citizenship to those who serve on the line, keep advancing south until we reach Central America.
Last edited by Genivaria on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Well, yes. After all, one of the biggest gripes the Revolutionaries had was that they felt their fundamental rights as Englishmen were being denied.

Or at least one that elevates liberty.

"The pride, the glory of Britain, and the direct end of its constitution...is political liberty." - George III
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Sort of. American national conscious first truly started forming during the French & Indian War, but it was more in the sense that it made the colonies more united to each other than they previously were, and had nothing to do with separation from England.

You are correct that initially in the American Revolution, they considered themselves to be English, and in the early stages of the fighting, it wasn't a war for independence, but an English civil war.

One thing that is true is that the Founders never really thought of themselves as creating some new utopian nation breaking all ties to Europe (except maybe Jefferson). They just wanted to resume what they had been doing before the Intolerable Acts, but with local rule.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Well, yes. After all, one of the biggest gripes the Revolutionaries had was that they felt their fundamental rights as Englishmen were being denied.

Well yes, the Anglo-Saxon is a creature of liberty and temperance.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Invade one mile at a time. Grant citizenship to those who serve on the line, keep advancing south until we reach Central America.

Or we can work from the bottom up. Honduras is ripe for the picking. Seizing control of their government from within using our local military contacts, and the local law enforcement we have funded and set up should not be too hard. We can set up parallel government structures and taking control of the existing structures from within. Using only money, political connections and the like, plus of course some CIA type stuff.

Once we take it, fix it up enough we go for Guatemala, and then for Southern Mexico.

We can infiltrate their governments, create parallel governments via offering humanitarian aid to set up better local police, education and welfare systems (but we would pay and running them directly, bypassing the official government). Then once the people see we can provide for them better, we should be able to take control.

Especially when we are directly funding and training the military too.

Although none of this would work well on Canada.

But Central America, the poorer Caribbean islands and Mexico can absolutely be taken by such measures.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:33 pm

So here is my annexation plan:
1) Offer large amounts of humanitarian aid.
2) Truthfully point out that we cannot simply give the aid to the governments because of corruption, we have to distribute it ourselves.
3) Use this to set up community police, welfare, health and education programs and military units that ultimately answer to us, are DIRECTLY funded by us, and not funded or controlled by the official government.
The official government will like it at first because it will keep the people happy without costing them anything or them having to do any work.
4) Once we control the local police, welfare, health and education systems we point out the US can provide what the government cannot. If the government tries to stop us then, we rightfully point out the government is trying to harm the people by taking their welfare, healthcare, education and community police.
5) Fund annexationist political parties an candidates, and use various propaganda techniques.
6) Use our local military connections, point out if the were to become members of the US military or a new national guard their pay would be MUCH higher.
7) Now that we are more liked and more powerful than the government we can launch a Ukraine type color revolution to take control of the government completely, with an annexationist government which will then declare it wishes to become a US free associated state or commonwealth. Then we can move in with US troops, Federal courts and law enforcement, and officially take control.

Unfortunately this only works on poor corrupt countries with completely dysfunctional healthcare, law enforcement, education and welfare systems.

Canada is a tougher nut to crack.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Novus America wrote:So here is my annexation plan:
2) Truthfully point out that we cannot simply give the aid to the governments because of corruption, we have to distribute it ourselves.
3) Use this to set up community police, welfare, health and education programs and military units that ultimately answer to us, are DIRECTLY funded by us, and not funded or controlled by the official government.
The official government will like it at first because it will keep the people happy without costing them anything or them having to do any work.
4) Once we control the local police, welfare, health and education systems we point out the US can provide what the government cannot. If the government tries to stop us then, we rightfully point out the government is trying to harm the people by taking their welfare, healthcare, education and community police.
5) Fund annexationist political parties an candidates, and use various propaganda techniques.
6) Use our local military connections, point out if the were to become members of the US military or a new national guard their pay would be MUCH higher.
7) Now that we are more liked and more powerful than the government we can launch a Ukraine type color revolution to take control of the government completely, with an annexationist government which will then declare it wishes to become a US free associated state or commonwealth. Then we can move in with US troops, Federal courts and law enforcement, and officially take control.

Unfortunately this only works on poor corrupt countries with completely dysfunctional healthcare, law enforcement, education and welfare systems.

All nut's crack under desert storm style tank rushes.

Also why not use the Chinese debt scam. Offer to development, get them in debt, and them force them into subservience to get out of crippling debt.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:

Also why not use the Chinese debt scam. Offer to development, get them in debt, and them force them into subservience to get out of crippling debt.

Or we can just demographically swamp them like we did the rest of our territory.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

Or we can just demographically swamp them like we did the rest of our territory.

Send in the Amish Gonna need better birthrates for that.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:

Yes, but politically tanks are not a viable option.
Though I agree, in addition to what I propose offering to build their infrastructure on credit is another thing we can do in addition to what I propose. Debt traps can be used in conjunction with my plan.

That way we own the infrastructure too.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Canada is one of our largest trade partners and they're already mostly a US protectorate anyway. Simply put the squeeze to their economy, flex our military muscles and fund pro-annexationist propaganda.
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:

That's unethical though.
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Deontology, Progressive Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, State Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Apple, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Nationality: Australian
Political Ideology: If "milktoast liberalism" had a baby with "bleeding-heart libertarianism."
Discord: mellotronyellow

Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Why do you even want to annex Canada? What's wrong with the USA's current borders?
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Deontology, Progressive Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, State Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Apple, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Political Ideology: If "milktoast liberalism" had a baby with "bleeding-heart libertarianism."

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:

Why do you even want to annex Canada? What's wrong with the USA's current borders?

Resources, people, land, and they're also highly culturally similar.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 pm

We already have enough regional cultural divisions within our own country. Do you really think annexing more territory with more local identities and groups of people will make it more easy to govern?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:We already have enough regional cultural divisions within our own country. Do you really think annexing more territory with more local identities and groups of people will make it more easy to govern?

Besides Canada, few people in those countries are SJW loons.
They are mostly moderately socially conservative in Mexico and Central America, and not interested in fighting over pronouns or whatever.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Why do you even want to annex Canada? What's wrong with the USA's current borders?

Resources, people, land, and they're also highly culturally similar.

Annexing a country for its resources isn't very non-interventionist.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 pm

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

That's unethical though.

Sometimes unethical things are required in international politics.
But unlike the PRC would would do it for their long term good.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General