NATION

PASSWORD

UK confronts new face of terrorism: the far right.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

UK confronts new face of terrorism: the far right.

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm

For several years the concern about terrorism in the UK has been focused almost exclusively on Islamic terrorism. Now that is changing, as the far right is officially labelled a serious terrorist threat.

The change follows growing recognition of the rising threat from the far right, since the murder of 50 Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March.

In the same month, it emerged that four of the 18 terrorist plots that had been thwarted in the UK in the preceding three years had come from the far right.

Sajid Javid, the home secretary, said: “Our approach to stopping terrorists is the same, regardless of the twisted ideology that motivates them.

It's about time.

Mr Javid also announced a change to the definitions of the risk to “ensure clarity in the threat level system”.

Two further levels will be added – moderate, between low and substantial, and severe, between substantial and critical – to make five in total.

However, the additions do not affect the current threat level, which remains at severe – meaning “an attack is highly likely”.

Mr Javid said the inclusion of far-right terrorism had been recommended in an operational review by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 17296.html

Opinions? I think this is long overdue, recent polls show 1/3 of British think Islam is a threat to their way of life. Hatred of Islam is being employed more and more in political rhetoric. It's time to take the threat seriously.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

ElCKuT
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ElCKuT » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Oppress the white dudes :lol2:

All jokes aside, idk how to solve this. It's easier solving Muslim terrorism than political terrorism. The only thing I can think of is de-radicalization.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm

ElCKuT wrote:Oppress the white dudes :lol2:

All jokes aside, idk how to solve this. It's easier solving Muslim terrorism than political terrorism. The only thing I can think of is de-radicalization.

I think a lot of it boils down to racial tension and scapegoating. Also the negative coverage by the media. Imagine if MS-13 were popularly thought of as a "Christian gang"? The Daily Mail paints any gangs or organized crime as Islamic and it's propaganda.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Radical Islam is a threat to the British way of life, all extremist religious idea area. And several Muslims aren’t really helping their case by pitching a fit about kids being taught that gay people are people too and exist or blasting hatred across the air waves and then getting pissy that the government shut them down
Last edited by Thermodolia on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Radical Islam is a threat to the British way of life, all extremist religious idea area. And several Muslims aren’t really helping their case by pitching a fit about kids being taught that gay people are people too and exist or blasting hatred across the air waves and then getting pissy that the government shut them down

Muslims have no interest in imposing their lifestyle on British non Muslims.
Ifreann wrote:

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Radical Islam is a threat to the British way of life, all extremist religious idea area. And several Muslims aren’t really helping their case by pitching a fit about kids being taught that gay people are people too and exist or blasting hatred across the air waves and then getting pissy that the government shut them down

Then why get all fussy about teaching kids about gay people then?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:

Right... Press X to doubt.

All religions want to enforce their religious beliefs on everyone else. To say that Muslims don’t is just bullshit
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Muslims have no interest in imposing their lifestyle on British non Muslims.

Then why get all fussy about teaching kids about gay people then?

Teaching Muslim children.
Ifreann wrote:

Napkizemlja
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkizemlja » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Probably because it's an overreaction by the government, at least as it pertains to that particular incident.
Don't cry because it's coming to an end, smile because it happened.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Then why get all fussy about teaching kids about gay people then?

A Muslim kid has just as much of a chance of being gay as a non-Muslim one.

ElCKuT
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby ElCKuT » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm

This is a thread about far-right terrorism, not Muslim extremism.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Then why get all fussy about teaching kids about gay people then?

Just because children might be Muslim or grow up in Muslim homes doesn’t mean they need to be treated differently. They’ll get the same treatment and education as every other child.

If the parents don’t like it they can take their children to a different school
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Napkizemlja wrote:

Probably because it's an overreaction by the government, at least as it pertains to that particular incident.

It’s not.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Heloin wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Teaching Muslim children.

A Muslim kid has just as much of a chance of being gay as a non-Muslim one.

And children not raised by Muslims have a good chance of being Muslim, it's not taught them though.
Ifreann wrote:

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Teaching Muslim children.

Just because children might be Muslim or grow up in Muslim homes doesn’t mean they need to be treated differently. They’ll get the same treatment and education as every other child.

They will homeschool them if it persists I guess
Ifreann wrote:

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm

ElCKuT wrote:

Also this
Ifreann wrote:

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm

ElCKuT wrote:

And I’m saying that 1/3rd saying that radical Islam is a threat to their way of life isn’t cause for alarm nor is it right-Wing extremism
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Heloin wrote:A Muslim kid has just as much of a chance of being gay as a non-Muslim one.

And children not raised by Muslims have a good chance of being Muslim, it's not taught them though.

Homosexuality isn’t learned though it’s innate
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Heloin wrote:A Muslim kid has just as much of a chance of being gay as a non-Muslim one.

If I never knew Islam existed there would be zero chance of me converting. (not that I have much interest anyways, no offence)
If I never had learned about Gay people growing up I'd still be attracted to other women.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Funny how you can only push an entire race of people until they retaliate in the name of their culture and nothing more.... I would say that they are looking at this the wrong way... Right wing terrorism against Muslims in the UK and the rest of Europe is nothing more than reaction to a wide scale Muslim invasion... I dare say that I believe acts like these could be considered self defense
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Just because children might be Muslim or grow up in Muslim homes doesn’t mean they need to be treated differently. They’ll get the same treatment and education as every other child.

They will homeschool them if it persists I guess

Ya that should be banned, as should religious schools
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:And children not raised by Muslims have a good chance of being Muslim, it's not taught them though.

Homosexuality isn’t learned though it’s innate

Muslims believe Islam is innate as well.
Ifreann wrote:

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Funny how you can only push an entire race of people until they retaliate in the name of their culture and nothing more.... I would say that they are looking at this the wrong way... Right wing terrorism against Muslims in the UK and the rest of Europe is nothing more than reaction to a wide scale Muslim invasion... I dare say that I believe acts like these could be considered self defense

Killing innocent people is self defense?
Ifreann wrote:

ElCKuT
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby ElCKuT » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Funny how you can only push an entire race of people until they retaliate in the name of their culture and nothing more.... I would say that they are looking at this the wrong way... Right wing terrorism against Muslims in the UK and the rest of Europe is nothing more than reaction to a wide scale Muslim invasion... I dare say that I believe acts like these could be considered self defense

There's no invasion going on nor is their any excuse for terrorism

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Heloin wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:And children not raised by Muslims have a good chance of being Muslim, it's not taught them though.

If I never knew Islam existed there would be zero chance of me converting. (not that I have much interest anyways, no offence)
If I never had learned about Gay people growing up I'd still be attracted to other women.

Funny enough I never knew gay people existed until I was in high school. But I knew that I was attracted to other guys since I was 10
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General