NATION

PASSWORD

‘No girls born’ for past three months in area of India cover

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:43 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Horrible.

While I am not directly for or against abortion in general, manly allowing for it to exist when the mother's life is in danger or as a tool to protect to poor from being more in poverty, aborting beacuse they don't like the baby's gender is horrible and shouldn't be done.

I don't see the logic to that. If abortion kills a baby then it's generally terrible, if it doesn't then the reason you get one doesn't really matter. Further the motivation here seems to be protecting the poor from poverty since the boys can be expected to earn more for their families. To cap it all off if abortion kills a baby then isn't abortion to avoid poverty morally equivalent to killing your infant so you don't have to feed it?
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:45 am

Des-Bal wrote:

While I am not directly for or against abortion in general, manly allowing for it to exist when the mother's life is in danger or as a tool to protect to poor from being more in poverty, aborting beacuse they don't like the baby's gender is horrible and shouldn't be done.

I don't see the logic to that. If abortion kills a baby then it's generally terrible, if it doesn't then the reason you get one doesn't really matter. Further the motivation here seems to be protecting the poor from poverty since the boys can be expected to earn more for their families. To cap it all off if abortion kills a baby then isn't abortion to avoid poverty morally equivalent to killing your infant so you don't have to feed it?

"What does it take to turn feminists against abortion?".

Now we know.

This is the thing, caring about this issue is inconsistent with the rhetoric and ideals abortion advocates use frequently. They're not "People", so no harm is being done. It's akin to if we just suddenly had more boys being born through genetic circumstance, morally speaking.

I'm inclined to agree with that, since I am an abortion advocate, and since i'm not a feminist I reject their pearl-clutching cries of how misogynistic it is. (Especially as, as Gallo pointed out, fundamentally it is a result of placing more obligations on men than women. You may as well cry and accuse the confederacy of hating white people because blacks are enslaved, a good example of how feminism warps peoples perceptions of an issue.).

However, I recognize that a gender imbalance is probably a detriment to society and social order, and would support action to end it even if it was due to genetics. That means I support a measure to regulate the abortion on the grounds of societal interest. But that opens that door, and well, are you sure you want that door opened?
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:49 am

Novus America wrote:
Kowani wrote:See, this is why tradition sucks.

Eh depends on the tradition. Many traditions suck, some do not.
The problem is not tradition per se, but the failure to throw out the traditions that are harmful.

Traditionalism is precisely about keeping something not due to its verifiable merits but instead because it is traditional.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:50 am

Des-Bal wrote:

No, you misunderstood. I only tolerate abortion when it saves the mothers life or when people can't afford a baby.

What some parts of India are doing here, is horrible.

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:50 am

Bear Stearns wrote:They're about to make a region full of incels. No wonder rape in India is catastrophic.

Uh? Why isn't rape in China catastrophic?
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:50 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:I don't see the logic to that. If abortion kills a baby then it's generally terrible, if it doesn't then the reason you get one doesn't really matter. Further the motivation here seems to be protecting the poor from poverty since the boys can be expected to earn more for their families. To cap it all off if abortion kills a baby then isn't abortion to avoid poverty morally equivalent to killing your infant so you don't have to feed it?

No, you misunderstood. I only tolerate abortion when it saves the mothers life or when people can't afford a baby.

Like Gallo pointed out, the reasoning they use is they cannot afford a girl, but a boy is a financial asset.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:51 am

EastKekistan wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:They're about to make a region full of incels. No wonder rape in India is catastrophic.

Uh? Why isn't rape in China catastrophic?

It is not as bad as India.

India is South Africa-tier when it comes to rape, even though it is supposedly a more advanced and educated country.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:51 am

EastKekistan wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Eh depends on the tradition. Many traditions suck, some do not.
The problem is not tradition per se, but the failure to throw out the traditions that are harmful.

Traditionalism is precisely about keeping something not due to its verifiable merits but instead because it is traditional.

Eh, traditionalism and traditions are not the same thing. Sure traditionalists apply some sacred, deep, illogical meaning to tradition, but not everyone who follows some traditions is a traditionalist.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:52 am

I'm not fond of abortion in general so if someone's reason is "it's a girl", that doesn't strike me as much different than "I just don't want it". It seems inconsistent for pro-abortion people to have an issue with one reasoning over another since, as we have heard many times, it's the woman's body and she has bodily sovereignty.

Anyway, I have no solutions to the problem. I may not like abortion in general but illegalizing it is even more immoral, to me.
Insert trite farewell here

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:52 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:Uh? Why isn't rape in China catastrophic?

India is South Africa-tier when it comes to rape, even though it is supposedly a more advanced and educated country.

That's not why. The main reason is of course...race.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:53 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

Like Gallo pointed out, the reasoning they use is they cannot afford a girl, but a boy is a financial asset.

Thats faulty reasoning on the so called parents part then. A girl can grow up and get a job to afford a living just like a boy can.

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:53 am

Novus America wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:Traditionalism is precisely about keeping something not due to its verifiable merits but instead because it is traditional.

Eh, traditionalism and traditions are not the same thing. Sure traditionalists apply some sacred, deep, illogical meaning to tradition, but not everyone who follows some traditions is a traditionalist.

Right. Traditions are often maintained due to inertia rather than traditionalism.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

Thats faulty reasoning on the so called parents part then. A girl can grow up and get a job to afford a living just like a boy can.

It isn't faulty reasoning. Their assumptions work as long as traditional Indian society won't change.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 am

EastKekistan wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

That's not why. The main reason is of course...race.

I'd imagine that in India, much like in South Africa, the rape problem is largely confined to a few social classes.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

She can, but she's not under an obligation to financially support her parents in retirement. Moreover, marrying her off will cost the parents a dowry, as they are expected to pay the husband to look after her.

A man on the other hand costs no dowry, and is pressured by society to financially support his parents in retirement even if he hates them.

It's a good example of how feminism has not actually delivered equality, and then feminists turning around and crying about foul play because their own botched, selfish vision of equality leaves women with consequences. (see The Pay gap in the west and so on.).

Rather than insist women could also provide for their loved ones and must be allowed to do so to the same degree as men with the same negative reputation if they fail to do so, they just argued women should be able to have jobs and so on. I.E, all of the benefits, none of the obligations.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:55 am

EastKekistan wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Right. Traditions are often maintained due to inertia rather than traditionalism.

Or sometimes out of pragmatism too. Traditions CAN be logical and pragmatic, although many are not.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:57 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:That's not why. The main reason is of course...race.

I'd imagine that in India, much like in South Africa, the rape problem is largely confined to a few social classes.

Uh..in South Africa the male rape rate is about 25%. So it is definitely not confined to a few social classes. Instead it is a part of the culture.
Last edited by EastKekistan on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:58 am

EastKekistan wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Uh..in South Africa the male rape rate us about 25%.

I guarantee you that about 90% of those rapists belong to one group.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:59 am

Saiwania wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Perhaps they could deport them somewhere else for the sake of building other countries and societies?

India's people overall, are too dark in complexion to serve this purpose for most developed countries. It'd be bad if the Indians cause the lighter skin colors to darken in future generations. If a majority brown country has a shortage of men however, they should be sent there instead. Whatever results in more racially homogenous countries is more good in my eyes.

Yes, well, there is nothing intrinsically or aesthetically wrong with brown people, nothing that makes them less intelligent given the same schooling, and in fact light skin tones correlate with higher instances of skin cancer, and light eye colors with age-related macular degeneration.

So pretty much, there are very good reasons for not having inbred populations full of cancer and blindness genes.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

EastKekistan wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Thats faulty reasoning on the so called parents part then. A girl can grow up and get a job to afford a living just like a boy can.

It isn't faulty reasoning. Their assumptions work as long as traditional Indian society won't change.

female labour force participation was at 27% in 2018.

While still a very poor rate that India as a whole needs to work on improving, that is still a significant percent.

Therefor, still faulty reasoning.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
India's people overall, are too dark in complexion to serve this purpose for most developed countries. It'd be bad if the Indians cause the lighter skin colors to darken in future generations. If a majority brown country has a shortage of men however, they should be sent there instead. Whatever results in more racially homogenous countries is more good in my eyes.

Yes, well, there is nothing intrinsically or aesthetically wrong with brown people, nothing that makes them less intelligent given the same schooling, and in fact light skin tones correlate with higher instances of skin cancer, and light eye colors with age-related macular degeneration.

So pretty much, there are very good reasons for not having inbred populations full of cancer and blindness genes.

Tfw when mods manage to out-racist the resident forum racist.
Ostro.MOV

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:Uh..in South Africa the male rape rate us about 25%.

I guarantee you that about 90% of those rapists belong to one group.

You mean racial, ethnic or what? Of course.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

You have it backwards. The faulty reasoning is not on the part of the parents. From a purely selfish, am-moral individual perspective aborting a female makes perfect sense, in context of Indian society. The problem is society more than the individual decision.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

I don't feel like reading the OP, can someone tell me if this region is urban or rural?
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:01 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if this just indicative of gendercide at play. Female infanticide as well as female fetal abortions are not uncommon in many parts of India. Rural areas even more.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General