NATION

PASSWORD

Two Senators want Antifa labled domestic terrorists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:
Have you condemned fascist this hard on NS before, jw?

Like groups that actually have a body count?

Yeah, actually. I have.

This pathetic dance that occurs whenever anybody condemns Antifa groups is hilariously predictable.

"Oh, you think Antifa's bad? Well, Nazis exist so you have to condemn them first before saying anything about our Antifa gud bois."


Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
United States of Devonta
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6014
Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:Once again, there are NO Antifa organisations. Antifa is NOT an organisation, it's an umbrella label under which people choose to put themselves. There's no group that sits down and organises where, when and how they do stuff, it's just people who show up whenever they get a bunch of proud-boys or Jew-hating Klansmen in the area and they want to tell them to fuck off.

How can you label a non-organisation a terrorist organisation? How do you enforce that law? You can't.

You're lying. There are specific organized groups of Antifa. Antifa ad a whole has no official organization.

And you enforce it exactly like I said. Condemn those organizations which are known to engage in criminal activity.


Yea, your solution seemed pretty fair.

A full ban could be abused easily.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-One, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Pacomia wrote:Can we all at least agree that the Antifa is a violent group which has done more harm than good, and should not be exempt from assault or anti-violence laws?


No, because they objectively haven't done more harm than good, especially when compared to their adversaries.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192868
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm

What aspects exactly classify antifa as domestic terrorism? Aren’t we using that term far too broadly these days?
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Pacomia wrote:Can we all at least agree that the Antifa is a violent group which has done more harm than good, and should not be exempt from assault or anti-violence laws?

The worst harm they've done is given hard-rightists and their apologists more ammunition to lie about the left. But they'd do that anyway, so it's not like that's solely their fault.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Yeah, actually. I have.

This pathetic dance that occurs whenever anybody condemns Antifa groups is hilariously predictable.

"Oh, you think Antifa's bad? Well, Nazis exist so you have to condemn them first before saying anything about our Antifa gud bois."


Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.

Your attempted appeal to larger problems is noted.

Antifa groups have engaged in political violence. Political violence is bad. Groups that do such things should be condemned and treated as domestic terrorists. I don't know why you find this disagreeable, other than the fact that you seem to endorse political violence.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2905
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:It's pretty obvious, like saying most fascists are racist.


Ah, so you don't actually have verifiable proof backing up that claim. Shame.


One needs only look at Antifa's activities and who they attack. They literally don't know what fascism is. They should just rename themselves "Anti-"anything not communist" action", atleast it'd be an accurate title then.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4811
Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Yeah, actually. I have.

This pathetic dance that occurs whenever anybody condemns Antifa groups is hilariously predictable.

"Oh, you think Antifa's bad? Well, Nazis exist so you have to condemn them first before saying anything about our Antifa gud bois."


Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.

Antifa also tries to silence groups that oppose them, because they’re extremists. They just do it by throwing cement at them rather than imprisoning them.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Pacomia wrote:Can we all at least agree that the Antifa is a violent group which has done more harm than good, and should not be exempt from assault or anti-violence laws?

I certainly can. Vigilantism needs to be punished and discouraged.

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Pacomia wrote:Can we all at least agree that the Antifa is a violent group which has done more harm than good, and should not be exempt from assault or anti-violence laws?


No, because they objectively haven't done more harm than good, especially when compared to their adversaries.

What good have they done? This is quite funny.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4811
Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Pacomia wrote:Can we all at least agree that the Antifa is a violent group which has done more harm than good, and should not be exempt from assault or anti-violence laws?


No, because they objectively haven't done more harm than good, especially when compared to their adversaries.

1. What good have they done?

2. They certainly have done harm. Remember when those Antifa rioters in Portland threw quick-dry cement at people (both their enemies, their own, AND bystanders)?
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 141532
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Torrocca wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Probably because the benefactor of left wing terrorism collapsed relatively recently.


I'm pretty sure thirty years isn't "recently", if you're talking about the USSR.

And I'm also pretty sure they weren't benefactors to any non-ML leftist movements.

Ifreann wrote:Worse!


We've solved Fascism by labeling the trashcan tippers as terrorists! Bake 'em away, toys!

Wear black? Bit of vandalism? Gitmo for all time. You go to a leftist book club? You're affiliating with terrorists.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:Once again, there are NO Antifa organisations. Antifa is NOT an organisation, it's an umbrella label under which people choose to put themselves. There's no group that sits down and organises where, when and how they do stuff, it's just people who show up whenever they get a bunch of proud-boys or Jew-hating Klansmen in the area and they want to tell them to fuck off.

How can you label a non-organisation a terrorist organisation? How do you enforce that law? You can't.

You're lying. There are specific organized groups of Antifa. Antifa ad a whole has no official organization.

And you enforce it exactly like I said. Condemn those organizations which are known to engage in criminal activity.


Incorrect, there are no formal groups of Antifa. Some people get together and group together under an umbrella, but it's not like an Al-Qaeda cell which has outside funding and direction.

Nobody in Antifa has a membership list or controls who identifies with it. Nor do people coordinate across multiple cells or countries, you know, the way terrorists do. At best it's people who organise local counter-marches on social media. Which is something anybody with half a brain and an internet connection can do.

Fact is, Antifa has no linkage that would accurately define it as a terrorist organisation.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:What aspects exactly classify antifa as domestic terrorism? Aren’t we using that term far too broadly these days?


Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.

Cappuccina wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Ah, so you don't actually have verifiable proof backing up that claim. Shame.


One needs only look at Antifa's activities and who they attack. They literally don't know what fascism is. They should just rename themselves "Anti-"anything not communist" action", atleast it'd be an accurate title then.


Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Pacomia wrote:Can we all at least agree that the Antifa is a violent group which has done more harm than good, and should not be exempt from assault or anti-violence laws?

The worst harm they've done is given hard-rightists and their apologists more ammunition to lie about the left. But they'd do that anyway, so it's not like that's solely their fault.

So, did the attempted murder and terror raising of the ICE terrorism attack slip your mind?
Insert trite farewell here

User avatar
United States of Devonta
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6014
Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.

Antifa also tries to silence groups that oppose them, because they’re extremists. They just do it by throwing cement at them rather than imprisoning them.


The cement thing was pretty false man. People were seen on videos drinking those shakes lol. And it wouldn't mix well with sugar.

It didn't help they had to release obviously fake incriminating emails to try to continue the lie.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-One, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Scomagia wrote:You're lying. There are specific organized groups of Antifa. Antifa ad a whole has no official organization.

And you enforce it exactly like I said. Condemn those organizations which are known to engage in criminal activity.


Incorrect, there are no formal groups of Antifa. Some people get together and group together under an umbrella, but it's not like an Al-Qaeda cell which has outside funding and direction.

Nobody in Antifa has a membership list or controls who identifies with it. Nor do people coordinate across multiple cells or countries, you know, the way terrorists do. At best it's people who organise local counter-marches on social media. Which is something anybody with half a brain and an internet connection can do.

Fact is, Antifa has no linkage that would accurately define it as a terrorist organisation.

It's like you're not even reading.
Insert trite farewell here

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 192868
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:What aspects exactly classify antifa as domestic terrorism? Aren’t we using that term far too broadly these days?


Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.

Cappuccina wrote:
One needs only look at Antifa's activities and who they attack. They literally don't know what fascism is. They should just rename themselves "Anti-"anything not communist" action", atleast it'd be an accurate title then.


Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.


But is violence alone enough to classify a group as terrorist?
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.

Antifa also tries to silence groups that oppose them, because they’re extremists. They just do it by throwing cement at them rather than imprisoning them.


Antifa is not one group. It's people who agree on one thing and one thing only, opposition to Fascism. How many times do I have to labour this point to get it through to you?

Antifa can't be an extremist group. It doesn't HAVE an ideology other than opposition to Fascism. I've no doubt there are plenty of people you consider to be 'extremists' under it's banner (though these days, opposition to racial supremacy itself is often labelled extremist, so I'm not entirely eager to bend even on that point), but the group itself has no formal organisational parameters.

And it's cute that you think right-wing extremists in the US imprison people instead of being responsible for over two-thirds of violent terrorist attacks on US soil. Cute, but wrong.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:What aspects exactly classify antifa as domestic terrorism? Aren’t we using that term far too broadly these days?


Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.

Cappuccina wrote:
One needs only look at Antifa's activities and who they attack. They literally don't know what fascism is. They should just rename themselves "Anti-"anything not communist" action", atleast it'd be an accurate title then.


Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.

Would the real Antifa please stand up?

Because it seems like any time one of those idiots hurts someone we get the usual shtick of "nOt ReAl anTiFa(TM)".
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.



Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.


But is violence alone enough to classify a group as terrorist?


No. Obviously.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:The worst harm they've done is given hard-rightists and their apologists more ammunition to lie about the left. But they'd do that anyway, so it's not like that's solely their fault.

So, did the attempted murder and terror raising of the ICE terrorism attack slip your mind?


Evidence from reliable sources would be nice:)
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 141532
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.

Your attempted appeal to larger problems is noted.

Antifa groups have engaged in political violence. Political violence is bad. Groups that do such things should be condemned and treated as domestic terrorists. I don't know why you find this disagreeable, other than the fact that you seem to endorse political violence.

It's really a shame that people use the term "political violence" so thoughtlessly. After all, it was political violence when the founders of your nation took up arms against the hated British. And it was political violence when some slave owners tried the same trick and got their asses handed to them. There's whole worlds of nuanced ethic thought that you're just skating right by, too preoccupied with trying to own the libs to stop and ponder.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6206
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Incorrect, there are no formal groups of Antifa. Some people get together and group together under an umbrella, but it's not like an Al-Qaeda cell which has outside funding and direction.

Nobody in Antifa has a membership list or controls who identifies with it. Nor do people coordinate across multiple cells or countries, you know, the way terrorists do. At best it's people who organise local counter-marches on social media. Which is something anybody with half a brain and an internet connection can do.

Fact is, Antifa has no linkage that would accurately define it as a terrorist organisation.

It's like you're not even reading.

Oh I know what you're saying. It's just crap.

The fact that you are patronising enough to assume anyone who contradicts you is just stupidly not understanding speaks volumes however.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
No, because they objectively haven't done more harm than good, especially when compared to their adversaries.

1. What good have they done?


Besides taking direct action to help after a literal natural disaster? Besides organizing under the idea of feeding the hungry and starving?

2. They certainly have done harm. Remember when those Antifa rioters in Portland threw quick-dry cement at people (both their enemies, their own, AND bystanders)?


Quick-dry cement attacks is a literal fucking meme with no basis in reality.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dumb Ideologies, East Durthang, Esternial, Kelvaros Prime, Namabi, Osthauser, Page, Rozarus, Shrillland, Silver Commonwealth, The Blaatschapen, The Xaviet Empire, Thepeopl, Twicetagram and JYPe, Victorious Decepticons

Advertisement

Remove ads