NATION

PASSWORD

Two Senators want Antifa labled domestic terrorists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5970
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Incorrect, there are no formal groups of Antifa. Some people get together and group together under an umbrella, but it's not like an Al-Qaeda cell which has outside funding and direction.

Nobody in Antifa has a membership list or controls who identifies with it. Nor do people coordinate across multiple cells or countries, you know, the way terrorists do. At best it's people who organise local counter-marches on social media. Which is something anybody with half a brain and an internet connection can do.

Fact is, Antifa has no linkage that would accurately define it as a terrorist organisation.

It's like you're not even reading.

Oh I know what you're saying. It's just crap.

The fact that you are patronising enough to assume anyone who contradicts you is just stupidly not understanding speaks volumes however.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25404
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
No, because they objectively haven't done more harm than good, especially when compared to their adversaries.

1. What good have they done?


Besides taking direct action to help after a literal natural disaster? Besides organizing under the idea of feeding the hungry and starving?

2. They certainly have done harm. Remember when those Antifa rioters in Portland threw quick-dry cement at people (both their enemies, their own, AND bystanders)?


Quick-dry cement attacks is a literal fucking meme with no basis in reality.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.



Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.


But is violence alone enough to classify a group as terrorist?

No. In any case, trying to call Antifa as a whole anything is pretty slippery. Individual Antifa organisations have no connecting bodies and may or may not share ideology, to say nothing of tactics. It's better to call individual organisations as terroristic or criminal organisations, such as Rose City Antifa.
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

User avatar
Cappuccina
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1882
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.



Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.

Would the real Antifa please stand up?

Because it seems like any time one of those idiots hurts someone we get the usual shtick of "nOt ReAl anTiFa(TM)".


If they make us look bad we can just publicly say they're not Antifa!!! (but they still deserve a pat on the back!! )
Obligatory Pronouns so you don't oppress me with misgendering: her/she....yay
##################
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46


D'Islami Žumhuria Kapušinu
ریسلامی ژومحوریا کاپوشینو
~Ni karže a d'Ala!~

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Scomagia wrote:It's like you're not even reading.

Oh I know what you're saying. It's just crap.

The fact that you are patronising enough to assume anyone who contradicts you is just stupidly not understanding speaks volumes however.

Behold: A nonexistent Antifa organization.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Scomagia wrote:It's like you're not even reading.

Oh I know what you're saying. It's just crap.

The fact that you are patronising enough to assume anyone who contradicts you is just stupidly not understanding speaks volumes however.

And you're needlessly hostile over your own mistake. How petty.
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25404
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.



Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.


But is violence alone enough to classify a group as terrorist?


Of course not, certainly not on any realistic terms. Technically, however, going only off the standard definition of terrorism, it could be.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Would the real Antifa please stand up?

Because it seems like any time one of those idiots hurts someone we get the usual shtick of "nOt ReAl anTiFa(TM)".


If they make us look bad we can just publicly say they're not Antifa!!! (but they still deserve a pat on the back!! )

Our commie friends are evolving.

They've changed from "not real communism" to "not real Antifa".
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Pacomia
Senator
 
Posts: 4077
Founded: May 23, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pacomia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Antifa is mostly aggressive Anarchists.

They're largely Libertarian Left and hate White Nationalism. In my view, they should be handled when they commit violence but since they're a self-identification instead of organization it would be futile to try too list them as terrorists.

I agree, they can’t really be terrorists, but they’re definitely not a squeaky clean group. They’re still violent borderline anarchists, and they still do a bunch of criminal activities.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: Capitalism, No Internet, No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem
Both the far left and far right are equally insane.
GLORY TO CASCADIA I’m a socialist. it’s different from communism. NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
CURRENT HDI: 0.87123 (similar to Estonia)
Also known as Dollar Store Kowani_________#EternalLotharia2020

User avatar
Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9852
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:Oh I know what you're saying. It's just crap.

The fact that you are patronising enough to assume anyone who contradicts you is just stupidly not understanding speaks volumes however.

Behold: A nonexistent Antifa organization.

...That's my city.

KEEP US OUT OF THIS!

LEAVE US TO OUR WEED AND POTATOES!
On Hiatus from September 6th 2019 to September 13th 2019.
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
Candidate for City Council of a large city.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5970
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Why is it pathetic? It's a valid point. Antifa is not an organisation, has no body count, and is objectively verified as both far less violent and less dangerous than comparable hard-right groups who use political violence and direct action.

A point does not become pathetic because it disturbs the parameters of your set worldview.

Your attempted appeal to larger problems is noted.

Antifa groups have engaged in political violence. Political violence is bad. Groups that do such things should be condemned and treated as domestic terrorists. I don't know why you find this disagreeable, other than the fact that you seem to endorse political violence.


Objectively incorrect. Political violence is OFTEN bad. Depending on context, it can be the only possible solution. Was the taking up of arms against Apartheid bad? It was certainly political violence, but what other choice was there? Likewise, many resistance movements in history have made use of political violence to varying degrees. Nobody with even a lick of historical knowledge can say with a straight face such a blanket statement.

Of course I suspect you mean what most people mean when they say that, which is that political violence you personally disapprove of is bad. But I'm not going to belabour that point.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Would the real Antifa please stand up?

Because it seems like any time one of those idiots hurts someone we get the usual shtick of "nOt ReAl anTiFa(TM)".


If they make us look bad we can just publicly say they're not Antifa!!! (but they still deserve a pat on the back!! )

Look bad? Like what?
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 185552
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
But is violence alone enough to classify a group as terrorist?

No. In any case, trying to call Antifa as a whole anything is pretty slippery. Individual Antifa organisations have no connecting bodies and may or may not share ideology, to say nothing of tactics. It's better to call individual organisations as terroristic or criminal organisations, such as Rose City Antifa.


That’s why asked if we’re using the term domestic terrorism too broadly nowadays. Because it seems we are.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Bear Stearns
Senator
 
Posts: 3744
Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:50 pm

We can treat ANTIFA the way we treat street gangs. Even if there is no formalized structure, we can still readily identify its members. Say hello to the RICO act.

On that note, people excuse ANTIFA because it's "anti-fascist" and the default assumption is that fascists are bad. However, the problem is that ANTIFA's definition of a fascist is basically anyone they don't like.
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 185552
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
But is violence alone enough to classify a group as terrorist?


Of course not, certainly not on any realistic terms. Technically, however, going only off the standard definition of terrorism, it could be.


Duly noted. Thanks.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9852
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Your attempted appeal to larger problems is noted.

Antifa groups have engaged in political violence. Political violence is bad. Groups that do such things should be condemned and treated as domestic terrorists. I don't know why you find this disagreeable, other than the fact that you seem to endorse political violence.


Objectively incorrect. Political violence is OFTEN bad. Depending on context, it can be the only possible solution. Was the taking up of arms against Apartheid bad? It was certainly political violence, but what other choice was there? Likewise, many resistance movements in history have made use of political violence to varying degrees. Nobody with even a lick of historical knowledge can say with a straight face such a blanket statement.

Of course I suspect you mean what most people mean when they say that, which is that political violence you personally disapprove of is bad. But I'm not going to belabour that point.

Domestic Political Violence is Objectively bad, Revolution and Guerrilla Warfare as such as you mentioned is not.

We're done here.
On Hiatus from September 6th 2019 to September 13th 2019.
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
Candidate for City Council of a large city.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25404
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Would the real Antifa please stand up?

Because it seems like any time one of those idiots hurts someone we get the usual shtick of "nOt ReAl anTiFa(TM)".


If they make us look bad we can just publicly say they're not Antifa!!! (but they still deserve a pat on the back!! )


It sure is weird how me simply saying that some people who call themselves AntiFA acting like morons doesn't mean the greater sum is equally moronic so easily gets falsely twisted into "hurr commies just say they're not associated with the bad people xD".
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:52 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Your attempted appeal to larger problems is noted.

Antifa groups have engaged in political violence. Political violence is bad. Groups that do such things should be condemned and treated as domestic terrorists. I don't know why you find this disagreeable, other than the fact that you seem to endorse political violence.


Objectively incorrect. Political violence is OFTEN bad. Depending on context, it can be the only possible solution. Was the taking up of arms against Apartheid bad? It was certainly political violence, but what other choice was there? Likewise, many resistance movements in history have made use of political violence to varying degrees. Nobody with even a lick of historical knowledge can say with a straight face such a blanket statement.

Of course I suspect you mean what most people mean when they say that, which is that political violence you personally disapprove of is bad. But I'm not going to belabour that point.

Uh, I'd say marching out into the streets and committing political violence against innocent people is typically pretty bad. We like to try to keep our democracy healthy and vibrant, which is a bit hard to do when a bunch of cowardly middle-class white NEETs are attacking anyone to the right of Lenin.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Eternal Lotharia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9852
Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Scomagia wrote:No. In any case, trying to call Antifa as a whole anything is pretty slippery. Individual Antifa organisations have no connecting bodies and may or may not share ideology, to say nothing of tactics. It's better to call individual organisations as terroristic or criminal organisations, such as Rose City Antifa.


That’s why asked if we’re using the term domestic terrorism too broadly nowadays. Because it seems we are.

I agree.

Terrorism has a message, one broader than most we consider terrorists: Keep or change the status quo or people will die.
On Hiatus from September 6th 2019 to September 13th 2019.
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
Candidate for City Council of a large city.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Scomagia wrote:No. In any case, trying to call Antifa as a whole anything is pretty slippery. Individual Antifa organisations have no connecting bodies and may or may not share ideology, to say nothing of tactics. It's better to call individual organisations as terroristic or criminal organisations, such as Rose City Antifa.


That’s why asked if we’re using the term domestic terrorism too broadly nowadays. Because it seems we are.

I'd agree.
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5970
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:Oh I know what you're saying. It's just crap.

The fact that you are patronising enough to assume anyone who contradicts you is just stupidly not understanding speaks volumes however.

Behold: A nonexistent Antifa organization.

A group that organises under that banner sure. But is it a listed organisation? Does it have membership lists? Funding structures? Or is it ad-hoc social media organisation that it uses?

There are substantive differences here and the article contains nowhere near enough detail for any info as to whether it functions more along the former lines or the latter. Nor do the links at the bottom. So actually, you haven't shown anything except that groups of local people group together under the banner of Antifa as an umbrella... Which is precisely what I've said.

Show me evidence of a physical, tangible organisational structure that resembles a terrorist organisation and you'd begin to have the ghost of an enforcement capacity, until then this is just pure nonsense.
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 132382
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Considering these senators are playing the tried and tested, "Anti-fascists are the real fascists!!1!" card, I don't think you're going to get a good answer to that first one from them.

Technically speaking, though, you could classify AntiFA as terrorists because they use violence to achieve a political goal, AKA to prevent the surge of Fascism. So, technically, terrorism's a descriptor.



Just because individuals and small groups of people calling themselves AntiFA have attacked people who aren't Fascist doesn't mean most of AntiFA doesn't know what Fascism is, FYI.

Would the real Antifa please stand up?

Because it seems like any time one of those idiots hurts someone we get the usual shtick of "nOt ReAl anTiFa(TM)".

Nice try, officer.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm
He/Him

Dangerous this Jack o' Hearts.
With his kiss
the riot
starts

User avatar
Cedoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5970
Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Objectively incorrect. Political violence is OFTEN bad. Depending on context, it can be the only possible solution. Was the taking up of arms against Apartheid bad? It was certainly political violence, but what other choice was there? Likewise, many resistance movements in history have made use of political violence to varying degrees. Nobody with even a lick of historical knowledge can say with a straight face such a blanket statement.

Of course I suspect you mean what most people mean when they say that, which is that political violence you personally disapprove of is bad. But I'm not going to belabour that point.

Uh, I'd say marching out into the streets and committing political violence against innocent people is typically pretty bad. We like to try to keep our democracy healthy and vibrant, which is a bit hard to do when a bunch of cowardly middle-class white NEETs are attacking anyone to the right of Lenin.


Define innocent people. I've seen the records of at least some of the people Antifa has clashed with. Innocent is not a word applicable.


And 'anyone to the right of Lenin' is factually wrong on it's basis. Most moderate liberal types go their whole daily lives without seeing or hearing a whiff from Antifa You're not trying very hard are you?
In real life I am a libertarian socialist/democratic socialist
★Comrade of the Commonwealth of Socialist States (CSS)★
Likes: Freedom of speech, Freedom of Expression, Direct Democracy, Worker Owned Cooperatives, Secularism, Anti-Theism, Freedom of civil disobediance, Libertarian Socialism, Social equity for minorities.

Dislikes: Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Liberalism, Stalinism, Capitalism, American Exceptionalism, Most world leaders, Religious bigotry, Despots of virtually any kind, Imperialism, Putinism, Economic Inequality, Identity Politics, Fascism and assorted far-right movements.



Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

User avatar
Bear Stearns
Senator
 
Posts: 3744
Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Uh, I'd say marching out into the streets and committing political violence against innocent people is typically pretty bad. We like to try to keep our democracy healthy and vibrant, which is a bit hard to do when a bunch of cowardly middle-class white NEETs are attacking anyone to the right of Lenin.


Define innocent people. I've seen the records of at least some of the people Antifa has clashed with. Innocent is not a word applicable.



Andy Ngo.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Uh, I'd say marching out into the streets and committing political violence against innocent people is typically pretty bad. We like to try to keep our democracy healthy and vibrant, which is a bit hard to do when a bunch of cowardly middle-class white NEETs are attacking anyone to the right of Lenin.


Define innocent people. I've seen the records of at least some of the people Antifa has clashed with. Innocent is not a word applicable.


And 'anyone to the right of Lenin' is factually wrong on it's basis. Most moderate liberal types go their whole daily lives without seeing or hearing a whiff from Antifa You're not trying very hard are you?

You saying assault victims had it coming? That's what this looks like.
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arnond, Bloodshade, Cannot think of a name, Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum, Medwind, Neanderthaland, Nolo gap, Raider Clans, Ranoria, Stellar Colonies, Telconi, TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON, Uiiop, Washington Resistance Army, Wobble-le-Dale

Advertisement

Remove ads