NATION

PASSWORD

'Manspreading chair' and men's boundaries

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What's your take on manspreading?

It's necessary due to the physiological nature of men, and should be incentivized.
25%
I don't think it should be incentivized, but it's definitely okay to leg spread, even on crowded places.
48%
Manspreading is objectively bad and men should mind their own space when sitting around women.
10%
Apple pie
17%

Total votes : 161

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Aclion wrote:You know, in engineering "It probably won an award" means it's badly designed.

Wasn't an engineering award.

I assume it doesn't have to be an engineering award to count as an award in this context.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Wasn't an engineering award.

I assume it doesn't have to be an engineering award to count as an award in this context.

The point was that recently engineering things that have won awards recently have generally had rather shitty engineering in them (looking at things like solar roadways). A design award is a totally different thing with a totally different field, so what can be applied to one field cannot really be applied to another.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Pacomia wrote:I agree with that.

Anyway, looks like it took martial law to get this thread back on track.

But really, what more is there to say?

Manspreading is fine if nobody needs the space, otherwise not fine.

And even then, shopping bags, backpacks, and purses take up a lot more space.

Which is also discourteous and has been explicitly called out as such by multiple posters.
Last edited by Katganistan on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Kaztropol wrote:Thinking about the length of my thighs, and I had a thought.

People with longer legs. When they sit on those subway train seats. If they put their knees straight ahead. And someone on the other side of the carriage of similar leg length does the same. Does it make it difficult for people to move up and down the aisle to get on/off the train ?

As tallboi i just lift my legs where's a stop so people can on and off
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:And even then, shopping bags, backpacks, and purses take up a lot more space.

Which is also discourteous and has been explicitly called out as such by multiple posters. So perhaps, the topic rather than whataboutism?

What’s more to say? This thread’s exhausted itself.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:I agree.

I don't think anyone could disagree. You can't ask people to suck in their guts, hug their torsos, or otherwise orient themselves just so we can increase the overall efficiency of public transport. There has to be a line somewhere and I argue that line is before we get into people smothering their testicles.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Kaztropol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kaztropol » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Pacomia wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:Men just have naturally wider statures, so a little spread is to be expected.

I guess it could be a problem if you're wearing shorts and your bratwurst is just hanging out, but that's more an issue of dress code than of spreading.

Also, penises are things that exist.

Most of them are pretty tough though, and can take a fair amount of punishment, unless recent surgery or something.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Kaztropol wrote:
Most of them are pretty tough though, and can take a fair amount of punishment, unless recent surgery or something.

....How much punishment? :p

Death by fluff. We will induce cat allergy, then we will throw the person into a room full of fluffies. :P
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Katganistan wrote:If there are people standing and needing/asking for seats?

If there are can I ask you to suck in your gut?

Whether intentional or not, using language like "you" appears like you are making the statement more directly at the poster. Be more mindful of your posts.

Overall, this thread just continues to not be productive, so locking this.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General