NATION

PASSWORD

West Palm Beach plays "Baby Shark" on repeat

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you think "Baby Shark" should be played on repeat to drive out homeless?

Yes, it's what they deserve.
11%
Yes, for other reasons (explain)
5%
No, it's inhumane.
25%
No, for other reasons (explain)
8%
WHAT THE F**K IS THIS WORLD WE ARE LIVING IN
51%

Total votes : 189

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Aside from the whole ethical issue of driving away the homeless, if I lived or worked evening/night shift in the area, I'd probably sue
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Wiki says there are 34,000 homeless in sweden of almost 10 million.

My theory is that every single society in existence, no matter how prosperous or well organized, has at least a few people who didn't make it in life. 34,000 of 10 million is not even 1%, that is pretty good.

My interpretation is that the homeless in Sweden are their equivalent of Dalits (Untouchables) if they're less than 1%. It must be fate that they just won't find success during their lifespan and it is unlikely they ever will- even if help is given to them.

I love how India's Caste System has built in inequality. It reflects a harsh truth about life that usually someone is always above us unless you happen to be at the top or part of an exclusive elite. I get disrespect from superiors for being at a lower level, but it feels good at the end of the day that there is an even lower class whom I'm allowed to be negative towards in exchange for suffering my place.

If a Dalits' shadow touches someone else of a higher caste, the higher caste person is said to be obligated to hit the Dalit with a stick as punishment. I'm not in favor of the beatings but hitting just once for one violation, I don't think I mind too much. It arguably gives them incentive to be more careful next time around. Everyone being obligated to perform their Dharma can explain so many things.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Wiki says there are 34,000 homeless in sweden of almost 10 million.

My theory is that every single society in existence, no matter how prosperous or well organized, has at least a few people who didn't make it in life. 34,000 of 10 million is not even 1%, that is pretty good.

My interpretation is that the homeless in Sweden are their equivalent of Dalits (Untouchables) if they're less than 1%. It must be fate that they just won't find success during their lifespan and it is unlikely they ever will- even if help is given to them.

I love how India's Caste System has built in inequality. It reflects a harsh truth about life that usually someone is always above us unless you happen to be at the top or part of an exclusive elite. I get disrespect from superiors for being at a lower level, but it feels good at the end of the day that there is an even lower class whom I'm allowed to be negative towards in exchange for suffering my place.

If a Dalits' shadow touches someone else of a higher caste, the higher caste person is said to be obligated to hit the Dalit with a stick as punishment. I'm not in favor of the beatings but hitting just once for one violation, I don't think I mind too much. It arguably gives them incentive to be more careful next time around. Everyone being obligated to perform their Dharma can explain so many things.

I trust you know that thevcaste system has absolutely no redeeming qualities and it’s one of the major contributors to the social clusterfuck that is India.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:35 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:So how do you explain places with less homelessness, like Scandinavia? Do they just have less stupidity?

They don't. The number of homeless in Scandinavia is greater than the number of Florida despite those countries and the state of Florida having about the same population. We had a conversation about it. I'm not sure why because you apparently didn't listen.

Australian rePublic wrote:Aside from the whole ethical issue of driving away the homeless, if I lived or worked evening/night shift in the area, I'd probably sue

The music is being played on a patio they don't want people shitting on, it's a pretty good sized piece of land surrounded by traffic. It's not going to bother anyone who isn't sleeping on the patio.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Previous

Return to General