NATION

PASSWORD

Kyoto Animation studio set on fire, 35 fatalities

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:27 am

NERVUN wrote:some of the victims have been burned beyond recognition

This gets me every time.

I'm now a tiny bit nauseated and mostly grieving. Death by fire is easily one of the most terrible things to happen to anybody.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 am

Gigaverse wrote:
NERVUN wrote:some of the victims have been burned beyond recognition

This gets me every time.

I'm now a tiny bit nauseated and mostly grieving. Death by fire is easily one of the most terrible things to happen to anybody.

And to think a few 4channers on /pol/ are celebrating this... Why tho
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:29 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Um... that's not what it said, only that some of the victims have been burned beyond recognition, not that they ALL have.

The rest, which cannot be identifies. And by some families, I meant the families of those ‘some’ people that were burnt beyond recognition. Wasn’t implying all were burnt so badly they can’t be recognised.

No, no. the quote is "NHK reported on Saturday through an interview with a relative of a victim that the relative was told on Friday that police will need to conduct DNA testing to identify some of the victims, and that testing will take up to a week." SOME of the victims can only be ID'd by DNA, that doesn't mean the rest cannot be. Just that SOME of them have to be identified that way.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:30 am

NERVUN wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:The rest, which cannot be identifies. And by some families, I meant the families of those ‘some’ people that were burnt beyond recognition. Wasn’t implying all were burnt so badly they can’t be recognised.

No, no. the quote is "NHK reported on Saturday through an interview with a relative of a victim that the relative was told on Friday that police will need to conduct DNA testing to identify some of the victims, and that testing will take up to a week." SOME of the victims can only be ID'd by DNA, that doesn't mean the rest cannot be. Just that SOME of them have to be identified that way.

Yes, yes. Still, doesn't invalidate the point here. Those victims suffered cruel deaths. No one can deny that
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:30 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:/pol/

the answer's in the question

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:31 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:/pol/

the answer's in the question

B-But I go on there too...
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:31 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:This gets me every time.

Celebrating this on a public social media site? That’s messed up, also dumb because their reputation can easily be ruined.

NERVUN wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:The rest, which cannot be identifies. And by some families, I meant the families of those ‘some’ people that were burnt beyond recognition. Wasn’t implying all were burnt so badly they can’t be recognised.

And yet you said that some of the victims are burnt beyond recognition, so I go by that, not to mention that there are bound to be some victims that are burnt so badly they couldn’t be recognised. But thanks for clarifying part of it.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:32 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:This gets me every time.

There's always some people...
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:34 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:And to think a few 4channers on /pol/ are celebrating this... Why tho

Celebrating this on a public social media site? That’s messed up, also dumb because their reputation can easily be ruined.

NERVUN wrote:No, no. the quote is "NHK reported on Saturday through an interview with a relative of a victim that the relative was told on Friday that police will need to conduct DNA testing to identify some of the victims, and that testing will take up to a week." SOME of the victims can only be ID'd by DNA, that doesn't mean the rest cannot be. Just that SOME of them have to be identified that way.

And yet you said that some of the victims are burnt beyond recognition, so I go by that, not to mention that there are bound to be some victims that are burnt so badly they couldn’t be recognised. But thanks for clarifying part of it.

On phone, too lazy to edit quote, but... 4chan is anonymous. Lmao
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:34 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:And to think a few 4channers on /pol/ are celebrating this... Why tho

NERVUN wrote:No, no. the quote is "NHK reported on Saturday through an interview with a relative of a victim that the relative was told on Friday that police will need to conduct DNA testing to identify some of the victims, and that testing will take up to a week." SOME of the victims can only be ID'd by DNA, that doesn't mean the rest cannot be. Just that SOME of them have to be identified that way.

Yes, some have been. That's why they are using DNA to identify them. Last look at NHK doesn't have anyone stating that they will be unable to identify all of the victims, eventually.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:34 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:the answer's in the question

B-But I go on there too...

Not anything against you, but it has a reputation of being a cesspool for morbid ideologues. I wouldn't put it past them to be apologetic for such despicable ideas.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:35 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:

Yes, yes. Still, doesn't invalidate the point here. Those victims suffered cruel deaths. No one can deny that

Definitely not, no.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:40 am

NERVUN wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Celebrating this on a public social media site? That’s messed up, also dumb because their reputation can easily be ruined.

Yes, some have been. That's why they are using DNA to identify them. Last look at NHK doesn't have anyone stating that they will be unable to identify all of the victims, eventually.

How sad.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 am

I didn't know people actually died. Jesus Christ this is like a full scale terrorist attack
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:06 am

Nakena wrote:I am wondering what the fire protection and alarm regulations in Japan are. (fire sprinklers etc)

The perp set all the exit points on fire. Most regulations do not cover such wanton acts of malice.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 am

Rojava Free State wrote:I didn't know people actually died. Jesus Christ this is like a full scale terrorist attack

It is a full scale terrorist attack. I was shocked when I first heard of the amount of deaths (in the first report I saw: 26 deaths). If only they had added more emergency exits and thought about their designs...

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:11 am

This is shocking. Its troubling. Its horrible. I had thought it was some kind of accident but knowing there was a deliberate perpetrator behind it is sickening.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 am

https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/11 ... 6842711046
update from Kyoto Animation president Hatta to press: “Another employee has passed away. There are employees among the seriously injured that have had to amputate their legs.”

This just keeps getting better, doesn't it.

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2016
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:21 am

Somebody burnt it down for copyright infringement

Why not just sue them?! Imagine the movies lost because of someone thinking they're pirated!
UNDER ECONOMIC MARTIAL LAW (Communism)
The craziest schizo on NationStates. National Trotskyism is my ideology.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™
There are three genders: Male, Female, and Spam. I respect your opinion if you think otherwise.
Epstein Didn't Kill Himself™
The future will not look like the Jetsons, it will look like Mutant Rampage BodySlam.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 am

Gigaverse wrote:https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/1152403736842711046
update from Kyoto Animation president Hatta to press: “Another employee has passed away. There are employees among the seriously injured that have had to amputate their legs.”

This just keeps getting better, doesn't it.

I'm genuinely disgusted. There are certain things that seem too cruel to be real but human brutality knows no boundaries.

If you haven't felt anything yet, consider the following. These were people's spouses, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, maybe even grandparents for all we know. Don't imagine that one of your loved ones died. IMagine that they died in this horrific of a way or even worse that you went to the hospital to visit them and saw them in this broken of a state. It isn't just statistics folks. somebody's loved ones are either dead or in intense suffering now and it's driving people insane with sorrow. 4chan is disgusting for making fun of this, I can't believe them
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:33 am

Greed and Death wrote:
Nakena wrote:I am wondering what the fire protection and alarm regulations in Japan are. (fire sprinklers etc)

The perp set all the exit points on fire. Most regulations do not cover such wanton acts of malice.

He didn't actually. Most of the victims died in the stairwell because the roof access was locked, not because it was on fire.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 am

OK apparently the additional casualty was the earlier 34th, as I haven't seen any additional news on a 35th and I'd much prefer it that way, but for this now I'm getting reminded of the grim reality of the consequences of being burned alive.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:52 am

Gigaverse wrote:OK apparently the additional casualty was the earlier 34th, as I haven't seen any additional news on a 35th and I'd much prefer it that way, but for this now I'm getting reminded of the grim reality of the consequences of being burned alive.

:( :( God I feel nauseated

One thing I always stress is that no matter how many mass killings you see on TV, no matter how much violence you become aware of, never become desensitized. Be angry, be upset, just feel something. Because once you feel nothing, you've lost your humanity and it's next to impossible to get it back
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:19 am

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:21 am

Gigaverse wrote:

The loss of innocent life and creative work is certainly terrible, but the building itself does not seem like anything very special to me.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General