NATION

PASSWORD

On The Bagel Boss Guy And Height Discrimination

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How relevant is height discrimination, and who does it affect the most?

Very relevant; men
20%
Relevant; men
35%
Not all that relevant; men
22%
Irrelevant; men
10%
Very relevant; women
4%
Relevant; women
2%
Not all that relevant; women
2%
Irrelevant; women
4%

Total votes : 49

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:04 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:
That's bullshit though. That's simply not how short men are viewed by women. Do you really want to know what the very few women actually say stupid shit like "no one under 6ft" think about short men?

Almost certainly nothing. If they're not interested in shorter men, they probably don't devote an awful lot of time to thinking about them.

Height impaired men are frequent targets for mockery and derision by the Stacy community.

No they aren't. There's no such thing as a Stacy community. Large groups of women are not bothering to talk about you or laugh about you behind your back.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:04 am

Caracasus wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Dunno. Maybe their bangs?

https://www.newstatesman.com/sites/defa ... k=0HFlJWeU

If you're relying on tabloid magazines to draw your conclusions then you've already failed.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:05 am

Great Minarchistan wrote:For most involved in social media, it isn't infrequent to stumble upon ill-intended comments aimed at the stature of people, especially men, done by a public that is usually composed of women.

The public is not "usually composed of women." The public is both sexes. Maybe men care more about what women think, but the public is still both sexes.

Height discrimination is real, but your OP is getting way ahead of itself spinning a narrative without waiting for the facts to catch up with you.

A lot of women do prefer tall guys. I personally don't and every time I've been disappointed with a guy's size it was because they were too big and I felt like I was getting smothered. My advice to anyone that thinks he's not getting laid because he's too short would be to try different approaches and understand that women don't all want the same thing. If you're not built like Arnold Schwarzenegger, don't waste your time chasing after women that want a guy who looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Find a woman that is looking for something else.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:05 am

Caracasus wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Height impaired men are frequent targets for mockery and derision by the Stacy community.

No they aren't. There's no such thing as a Stacy community. Large groups of women are not bothering to talk about you or laugh about you behind your back.

Isn't there though? It's far easier for women to find sexual partners than it is for men.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:06 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:

If you're relying on tabloid magazines to draw your conclusions then you've already failed.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Women are judged on their appearance almost constantly. The various tabloid magazines that tell women to lose weight/gain weight/dress differently etc. are evidence of that.

Now we can certainly argue to what extent men also are placed under similar scrutiny and pressure - however to say that women simply aren't judged for anything other than having a hairstyle is clearly bollocks.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 am

Caracasus wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:If you're relying on tabloid magazines to draw your conclusions then you've already failed.

Women are judged on their appearance almost constantly. The various tabloid magazines that tell women to lose weight/gain weight/dress differently etc. are evidence of that.

Now we can certainly argue to what extent men also are placed under similar scrutiny and pressure - however to say that women simply aren't judged for anything other than having a hairstyle is clearly bollocks.

Usually it's other women doing the judging, though. So that kind of sounds like a "you" problem.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am

Dafuq is a "Stacy community"? Damn, NSG is going downhill.... :?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:

If you’re using the incel community to back up yours, you’ve failed. Ever heard of “echo chamber”? You won’t accept any source we give you, something tells me. So maybe now’s a good time to ask: if both women and men deal with this all the time, why are you exacerbating the issue? Why are you intentionally mocking short men, when you’re supposed to be coming to their defense?

I know you won’t answer these questions in good faith, so I’ll ask a better question: How would you know if the black pill were wrong? How would you know if the assumptions you’ve made about women are incorrect?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

Usually it's other women doing the judging, though. So that kind of sounds like a "you" problem.

[Citation needed]
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

No.

The public is composed of both sexes.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

It's a reasonably complex, messy mix of both men and women mate. Point is, the idea that society doesn't judge women by their looks is basically not true.
Last edited by Caracasus on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 am

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:If you're relying on tabloid magazines to draw your conclusions then you've already failed.

If you’re using the incel community to back up yours, you’ve failed. Ever heard of “echo chamber”? You won’t accept any source we give you, something tells me. So maybe now’s a good time to ask: if both women and men deal with this all the time, why are you exacerbating the issue? Why are you intentionally mocking short men, when you’re supposed to be coming to their defense?

I know you won’t answer these questions in good faith, so I’ll ask a better question: How would you know if the black pill were wrong? How would you know if the assumptions you’ve made about women are incorrect?

Why do you keep referring to the black pill? I've not mentioned it once, yet you've brought it up 3 times now.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:10 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Dafuq is a "Stacy community"? Damn, NSG is going downhill.... :?

I'm guessing it's like a club for women called Stacy. Maybe they play poker. Stacy sounds like the name of someone who'd be good at cards for some reason.

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:10 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

Isn't there though? It's far easier for women to find sexual partners than it is for men.

So what? No one is entitled to a sexual partner, period. Everyone is entitled to make a free choice over their own body and sexual autonomy, and to choose sexual partners based on whatever criterion they wish. If you get less than others, tough, it doesn't make the world unfair.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 am

Caracasus wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Usually it's other women doing the judging, though. So that kind of sounds like a "you" problem.

It's a reasonably complex, messy mix of both men and women mate. Point is, the idea that society doesn't judge women by their looks is basically not true.

Sure. Men are just judged more harshly for them.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

[citation needed]

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:12 am

Purgatio wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Isn't there though? It's far easier for women to find sexual partners than it is for men.

So what? No one is entitled to a sexual partner, period. Everyone is entitled to make a free choice over their own body and sexual autonomy, and to choose sexual partners based on whatever criterion they wish. If you get less than others, tough, it doesn't make the world unfair.

Yeah, but it's kind of necessary for a healthy society.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:13 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:If you’re using the incel community to back up yours, you’ve failed. Ever heard of “echo chamber”? You won’t accept any source we give you, something tells me. So maybe now’s a good time to ask: if both women and men deal with this all the time, why are you exacerbating the issue? Why are you intentionally mocking short men, when you’re supposed to be coming to their defense?

Why do you keep referring to the black pill? I've not mentioned it once, yet you've brought it up 3 times now.

If you’re going to play dumb, we can’t have a discussion. I’m trying to reach out to you and talk to you about where this rhetoric is coming from. You don’t have to answer it right now, and I apologize if I’ve been overly rude, but I want you to think about where your assumptions come from. We can’t have that discussion unless you’re willing to come down out of the cloud of rhetoric you’re in right now and actually answer questions.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:14 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

Its necessary for a healthy society for people to have sex. But it is not necessary for a healthy society for every single individual to have an 'equal opportunity' to have as many sexual partners as everyone else. That's not a thing. Society can move on if Person A gets laid easier than Person B.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

There are ways you can pursue that other than fighting for shallow people to stop being shallow, like being social in a meaningful way. I know you don’t like that advice, but people can feel good intent in conversation, especially meaningful ones. You might not get all the fish, but you don’t need all the fish.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Purgatio
Negotiator

Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

What? Since when? Sexual partners judge other sexual partners for their appearance, period. You need to decide whether someone is attractive to you before you consent to sleep with them, which by definition involves judgment. I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 am

Caracasus wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Sure. Men are just judged more harshly for them.

[citation needed]

lol sure
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:16 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Caracasus wrote:
[citation needed]

lol sure

That shows they’re judged, not anything about a gender gap. Try again.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:16 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Purgatio wrote:

I'm aware that anecdotal evidence isn't evidence, but frankly if we're just talking about sex then it is possible for more or less anyone to get laid. Maintaining a healthy romantic relationship is of course significantly harder.

If we're just talking about getting laid, then one of the most "successful" people I know for that is roughly 5ft 5 and while he's not bad looking, isn't exactly a supermodel. What he is though is very confident and very good at listening to people. He also has a rather cheerful lack of shame and will hit on anyone. He would probably hit on a sack of spuds if you drew a nice face on it.

If you are trying and failing to get laid, then the odds are good it's not your looks holding you back.
Last edited by Caracasus on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:17 am

Purgatio wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Yeah, but it's kind of necessary for a healthy society.

Its necessary for a healthy society for people to have sex. But it is not necessary for a healthy society for every single individual to have an 'equal opportunity' to have as many sexual partners as everyone else. That's not a thing. Society can move on if Person A gets laid easier than Person B.

Cool, if only it was just one person.

You're not saying anything particularly different. You're just repeating the bodily sovereignty line.

0/10 for creativity
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General