NATION

PASSWORD

Anarchy in Puerto Rico

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:14 pm

EastKekistan wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
I will gladly pay them a lump sum to the tune of tens of billions if it means they become independent.

Same thing. Also East Samoa and Virgin Islands.

Fuck no. The US isn’t letting any territory leave! If anything we should be adding all of north Mexico and most of Canada
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ohioan Territory
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ohioan Territory » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 pm

EastKekistan wrote:Puerto Rico can not be fixed. When you look at their genetics you know that it can't.

Can you cite any genetic research showing that mestizo people are incapable of fixing corruption and instability issues within their nation? Until then, I think your claims are unsubstantiated.
Last edited by Ohioan Territory on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice for East Palestine.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 pm

EastKekistan wrote:Puerto Rico can not be fixed. When you look at their genetics you know that it can't.

Oh look the “Libertarian” is a racist. What a shocker
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Ohioan Territory wrote:

Can you cite any genetic research showing the mestizo people are incapable of fixing corruption and instability issues within their nation? Until then, I think your claims are unsubstantiated.

Brown people icky.

That’s the extent of their “research”
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2016
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/16/puerto-rico-protests-ricardo-rossell/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puerto-ric ... d-begnaud/

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-so ... barrassing

https://abcnews.go.com/US/puerto-rico-g ... d=64374226

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/thous ... jyV#page=2

Puerto Rican governor Ricardo Rosello has been dealing with tension on the hoefront this week in Puerto Rico after secretly leaked texts revealed the governor's involvement in manipulation of public narratives on relief efforts during hurricane Maria (which were severely lacking), attempts to discredit negative coverage, homophobic and misogynist slurs against opponents and support for violence against his rivals including the mayor of San Juan. Angry demonstrators took to the streets last night in the capital to voice their outrage and while the protest started out peaceful, it descended into chaos later in the night with protesters throwing rocks and bottles and erecting burning barricades while police fired tear gas and pepper spray to disperse demonstrators. Despite the leaks and widespread calls for governor Rosello to resign, Rosello has refused to step down and seeks to run for re-election next year, his ambivalence to the demonstrators only further fueling the fire.

So what are your opinions on the developing unrest and controversy in Puerto Rico? Should Rosello resign from his post and let someone else take his place? Is corruption a major problem on the island? How can we fix the government of the territory so it better serves the people it's supposed to represent?

I think progressivism is to blame, as it leads to chaos. Somebody (preferably a conservative) should take his place, and fix the issue. Then again, I wish that Hurricane Maria fixed the problem of Puerto Rico progressivism by sending a message to the Puerto Rico citizens: change your ways and stop this SJW behavior or else the great moderators in the sky will use the next Hurricane to ban you.
UNDER ECONOMIC MARTIAL LAW (Communism)
The craziest schizo on NationStates. National Trotskyism is my ideology.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™
There are three genders: Male, Female, and Spam. I respect your opinion if you think otherwise.
Epstein Didn't Kill Himself™
The future will not look like the Jetsons, it will look like Mutant Rampage BodySlam.

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ohioan Territory wrote:Can you cite any genetic research showing the mestizo people are incapable of fixing corruption and instability issues within their nation? Until then, I think your claims are unsubstantiated.

Brown people icky.

It's not that simple lmao.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/16/puerto-rico-protests-ricardo-rossell/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puerto-ric ... d-begnaud/

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-so ... barrassing

https://abcnews.go.com/US/puerto-rico-g ... d=64374226

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/thous ... jyV#page=2

Puerto Rican governor Ricardo Rosello has been dealing with tension on the hoefront this week in Puerto Rico after secretly leaked texts revealed the governor's involvement in manipulation of public narratives on relief efforts during hurricane Maria (which were severely lacking), attempts to discredit negative coverage, homophobic and misogynist slurs against opponents and support for violence against his rivals including the mayor of San Juan. Angry demonstrators took to the streets last night in the capital to voice their outrage and while the protest started out peaceful, it descended into chaos later in the night with protesters throwing rocks and bottles and erecting burning barricades while police fired tear gas and pepper spray to disperse demonstrators. Despite the leaks and widespread calls for governor Rosello to resign, Rosello has refused to step down and seeks to run for re-election next year, his ambivalence to the demonstrators only further fueling the fire.

So what are your opinions on the developing unrest and controversy in Puerto Rico? Should Rosello resign from his post and let someone else take his place? Is corruption a major problem on the island? How can we fix the government of the territory so it better serves the people it's supposed to represent?

I think progressivism is to blame, as it leads to chaos. Somebody (preferably a conservative) should take his place, and fix the issue. Then again, I wish that Hurricane Maria fixed the problem of Puerto Rico progressivism by sending a message to the Puerto Rico citizens: change your ways and stop this SJW behavior or else the great moderators in the sky will use the next Hurricane to ban you.

Are you fucking kidding me? You know what would have helped? Trump not fucking over US citizens because they look different! He should have sent federal disaster aid immediately instead of dragging his feet
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ohioan Territory
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ohioan Territory » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:I think progressivism is to blame, as it leads to chaos. Somebody (preferably a conservative) should take his place, and fix the issue. Then again, I wish that Hurricane Maria fixed the problem of Puerto Rico progressivism by sending a message to the Puerto Rico citizens: change your ways and stop this SJW behavior or else the great moderators in the sky will use the next Hurricane to ban you.

Wtf does "SJW behavior" have to do with corruption?

Ohioan Territory
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ohioan Territory » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:21 pm

EastKekistan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Brown people icky.

Then why don't you explain it to us? I'll believe in what you've said so long as it's actually true and credibly backed up.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 pm

EastKekistan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Brown people icky.

It pretty much is. You’re a racist who fetishizes Asians to a creepy level
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Ohioan Territory wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:It's not that simple lmao.

Then why don't you explain it to us? I'll believe in what you've said so long as it's actually true and credibly backed up.

DogPile is your friend
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™
There are three genders: Male, Female, and Spam. I respect your opinion if you think otherwise.
The future will not look like the Jetsons, it will look like Mutant Rampage BodySlam.

Garner Industrial State
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Garner Industrial State » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Demorvian wrote:I think Puerto Rico needs to be kicked out of the US. Just give them their independence so that we don't have to deal with them.

I will gladly pay them a lump sum to the tune of tens of billions if it means they become independent.

they have sort of a hurricane problem but okay
Political compass: Economic Left/Right: -10 (Approximately)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9 (Approximately)
I have the large bi
South Carolinian Anarchist who adores Mid-2000s Webimations.
La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:They wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

Our nation is for all intents and purposes Argis. I created this with small scale in mind, and it grew out of its name.

Ohioan Territory
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ohioan Territory » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
Ohioan Territory wrote:Then why don't you explain it to us? I'll believe in what you've said so long as it's actually true and credibly backed up.

DogPile is your friend

You can't make a claim and back it up by saying, "Google it." Not how it works.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Demorvian wrote:I think Puerto Rico needs to be kicked out of the US. Just give them their independence so that we don't have to deal with them.

Or ya know we could grant them statehood instead of the quasi-independence they have now

I am cool with that if they could have a clean vote for it.
Regardless there has to be a massive federal clampdown on corruption.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Ohioan Territory wrote:
Tornado Queendom wrote:I think progressivism is to blame, as it leads to chaos. Somebody (preferably a conservative) should take his place, and fix the issue. Then again, I wish that Hurricane Maria fixed the problem of Puerto Rico progressivism by sending a message to the Puerto Rico citizens: change your ways and stop this SJW behavior or else the great moderators in the sky will use the next Hurricane to ban you.

Wtf does "SJW behavior" have to do with corruption?

I'm making a reference to the moderators, in which God is probably the moderator of real life.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm

oooooooo.

Sounds like SOMEONE (which is to say, you) doesn't know how Puerto Rican politics wooooooooork!

The New Progressive Party is actually the conservative party of Puerto Rico. They're pro-life, pro-austerity, etc. etc., and they maintain a Republican cadet party for wannabe Puerto Rican Republicans.

They're called the New Progressive Party because they believe in the progress that statehood can bring to Puerto Rico.

But if you knew anything about politics in general, and not just about Puerto Rican politics, you would also know some other basic things:

1.) Political party names are just names, they don't always indicate the party's purpose.
2.) Corruption has nothing to do with "SJW" anything
3.) Partisan politics are to blame here. Partisan politics you're advocating for. Conservatives and liberals are both benefiting from the plunder of the island, at least on the island, maintaining corporate interests and preventing the statehood of the people.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Novus America wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Or ya know we could grant them statehood instead of the quasi-independence they have now

I agree. I think that bringing them closer in will help with that clampdown
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Ohioan Territory wrote:Can you cite any genetic research showing the mestizo people are incapable of fixing corruption and instability issues within their nation? Until then, I think your claims are unsubstantiated.

Brown people icky.

Yes. I would like to see the so called “corruption gene”.
Corruption is cultural and institutional, not at all genetic.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

oooooooo.

Sounds like SOMEONE (which is to say, you) doesn't know how Puerto Rican politics wooooooooork!

The New Progressive Party is actually the conservative party of Puerto Rico. They're pro-life, pro-austerity, etc. etc., and they maintain a Republican cadet party for wannabe Puerto Rican Republicans.

They're called the New Progressive Party because they believe in the progress that statehood can bring to Puerto Rico.

But if you knew anything about politics in general, and not just about Puerto Rican politics, you would also know some other basic things:

1.) Political party names are just names, they don't always indicate the party's purpose.
2.) Corruption has nothing to do with "SJW" anything
3.) Partisan politics are to blame here. Partisan politics you're advocating for. Conservatives and liberals are both benefiting from the plunder of the island, at least on the island, maintaining corporate interests and preventing the statehood of the people.

OH! What we SHOULD do is change Puerto Rico's leader to a national populist, who will be able to fix this corruption. Trust me, Merkel is WAY more corrupt than Orban.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
Ohioan Territory wrote:Wtf does "SJW behavior" have to do with corruption?

I'm making a reference to the moderators, in which God is probably the moderator of real life.

If god is sending hurricanes to teach people a lesson than that’s one fucked up deity and shouldn’t be worshiped at all
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Tornado Queendom wrote:I'm making a reference to the moderators, in which God is probably the moderator of real life.

If god is sending hurricanes to teach people a lesson than that’s one fucked up deity and shouldn’t be worshiped at all

Then again, I sometimes pray to storms. That may seem like I'm insane, but I'm not. For example, I pray to the storms to bring back TV-14 WWE.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Good luck getting Trump to take responsibility for past U.S. mistakes.

Not to mention, it would also mean that Puerto Rico would be protected by Federal law, which means that all the pro-corporate bullshit laws would have to be revised.

I think the Republicans keep hoping Puerto Rico will go independent so they can let the United Nations deal with it.

The Puerto Rican people, IMO, shouldn't let them off that easy.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

It would. The fact they do not pay federal income tax is an issue. Best way to get a federal arrest on corruption is via tax evasion.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Tornado Queendom wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:If god is sending hurricanes to teach people a lesson than that’s one fucked up deity and shouldn’t be worshiped at all

Then again, I sometimes pray to storms. That may seem like I'm insane, but I'm not. For example, I pray to the storms to bring back TV-14 WWE.

Dude you have some issues you need to work out
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Tornado Queendom wrote:Then again, I sometimes pray to storms. That may seem like I'm insane, but I'm not. For example, I pray to the storms to bring back TV-14 WWE.

Dude you have some issues you need to work out

OK!
[praytostorms]Please stop the SJW ideology before it's too late[/praytostorms]
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General