NATION

PASSWORD

Shaykh Yusuf and Post-Secular Human Rights

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:40 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:Yes, I did say that. Now where the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality?

"To me, it should be 100 slashes, not stoning"

Literally you saying someone should be flogged 100 times for having gay sex.

Coreect. Again, where's the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality? You said that I support that, so please find it.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12575
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:40 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:Yes, I did say that. Now where the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality?

"To me, it should be 100 slashes, not stoning"

Literally you saying someone should be flogged 100 times for having gay sex.

That, that concerns me.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
The Emerald Legion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7220
Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:41 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Then he belongs to you. That's the way it works. Relationships are two way streets.

Again that's not how that works in Al-Islam. A master does not belong to a slave, a slave belongs to a master.


And I should think of it in that way because? It's nonsense.
"I must play this game by my rules/ I will conquer the world with my tools/ All my machines are made for destruction/ I will build my empire/ I will succeed and you will see/ With my machines there is no retreat." ~ E.G.G.M.A.N.
I frequently lapse into self parody, that isn't to say that I don't have extreme views, just that I occasionally go over the top for comedic effect.
Genivaria wrote:The Emerald Legion is NSG's personal Reaper.

The Drone Empire wrote:"Enlighten the willing, enslave the conquered, eradicate the defiant."
A typical Legionary strategy meeting.
The appropriate pronoun for me is It.
Philosophically Biophobic.

User avatar
Joohan
Minister
 
Posts: 2632
Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Joohan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Good. It's time for a push away from secular viewpoints. Not to mention, a nice insult towards those in Europe who would deprive others of basic religious freedoms.

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40119
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:44 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:"To me, it should be 100 slashes, not stoning"

Literally you saying someone should be flogged 100 times for having gay sex.

Coreect. Again, where's the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality? You said that I support that, so please find it.
....


Are you capable of fucking reading?
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
"They fight bravely. They cannot harm our ships but they continue to try"
"Whether they fight or not they know the will die anyway, so really is this bravery or simple desperation?
"
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Necroghastia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1135
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Joohan wrote:Good. It's time for a push away from secular viewpoints. Not to mention, a nice insult towards those in Europe who would deprive others of basic religious freedoms.


... Such as?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:Coreect. Again, where's the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality? You said that I support that, so please find it.
....


Are you capable of fu*king reading?

Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
Soviet Taoistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jun 16, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Soviet Taoistan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Been talking with a bunch of my Muslim friends about this (note: I'm not Muslim but my paternal side is). Their seem to be two camps and an extra mini-camp, at least for the under 35 crowd.

The first and more common view seems to be "it will probably amount to nothing but I trust Hamza Yusef and he's a respected scholar, so I'm cool with it. Stop arguing and causing division among the community." The second side is much more skeptical and thinks that he'll be a "token Muslim" that Trump will use for cover to prop up the Muslim ban or attack Ilhan Omar. They see this new role as a definite mistake but aren't quick to call him out. The mini camp are the progressive who have disliked him for a while after he worked in a similar capacity for the Bush admin, started being more cozy with conservative Arab governments, and said things that could be construed as racist and homophobic. They're mostly exasperated that he continues to be the face of "Liberal Islam" since by their reckoning he's firmly a mainstream conservative.

User avatar
Plzen
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7247
Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Plzen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Joohan wrote:Good. It's time for a push away from secular viewpoints. Not to mention, a nice insult towards those in Europe who would deprive others of basic religious freedoms.

Religious acts conform to the basic values upon which a society is founded, not vice versa.

If, hypothetically, I believe that the salvation of my soul comes from sacrificing my neighbours to God, the police knocking on my door is not a deprivation of my religious freedoms, it's upholding fundamental legal principles.
Forward, my comrades, march to your stations,
Righteous and proud! Win, we most surely can.
This is a triumph of peace and of nations,
A dawn of friendship for all people of man!

User avatar
Necroghastia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1135
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:48 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:....


Are you capable of fu*king reading?

Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?


Wow. Forget splitting hairs, that thing's been diced.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Soviet Taoistan wrote:Been talking with a bunch of my Muslim friends about this (note: I'm not Muslim but my paternal side is). Their seem to be two camps and an extra mini-camp, at least for the under 35 crowd.

The first and more common view seems to be "it will probably amount to nothing but I trust Hamza Yusef and he's a respected scholar, so I'm cool with it. Stop arguing and causing division among the community." The second side is much more skeptical and thinks that he'll be a "token Muslim" that Trump will use for cover to prop up the Muslim ban or attack Ilhan Omar. They see this new role as a definite mistake but aren't quick to call him out. The mini camp are the progressive who have disliked him for a while after he worked in a similar capacity for the Bush admin, started being more cozy with conservative Arab governments, and said things that could be construed as racist and homophobic. They're mostly exasperated that he continues to be the face of "Liberal Islam" since by their reckoning he's firmly a mainstream conservative.

Since when was Shaykh Yusuf the face of "liberal" (aka hypocrite) Islam? Also those pessimists have a point, I never thought of it like that. Imma still be optimistic though :p
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40119
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:....


Are you capable of fu*king reading?

Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?

I dont know if you know this or not, but fucking someone, is a key part of someones sexuality. In fact fucking someone is a pretty big fucking expression of your sexuality.

You whipping someone 100 times because they fucked someone of the same gender, if whipping them for their sexuality.


You are stretching this soooooooo fucking much to justify your bullshit its sad, this kind of shit amin, this kind of shit is why you are a threat. And a key proponent for why Islam should modernise, so that less people with your mind set are part of the next generation.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
"They fight bravely. They cannot harm our ships but they continue to try"
"Whether they fight or not they know the will die anyway, so really is this bravery or simple desperation?
"
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11451
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Plzen wrote:
ECKU wrote:I'm saying that Allah SWT doesn't belong to me, I don't have possession of Him. That's not how it works in Al-Islam. On the contrary, I belong to Him.

In the English language the possessive case does not always imply literal possession. It simply states that one is associated with the other. Note, for example: "my country."

I'm going to get a bit technical here, but there isn't such a thing as "possessive case" within standard linguistic terminology. It's known as the genitive, as in my = pronoun.1sg-GEN.
Fun fact: in The Lion King (2019), Simba eats a Danaus caterpillar during "Hakuna Matata." Danaus caterpillars are poisonous.
I often leave my posts unintentionally vague, so if you find yourself needing to make assumptions to piece together my positions, please just ask me to clarify.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1709
Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

ECKU wrote:
Soviet Taoistan wrote:Been talking with a bunch of my Muslim friends about this (note: I'm not Muslim but my paternal side is). Their seem to be two camps and an extra mini-camp, at least for the under 35 crowd.

The first and more common view seems to be "it will probably amount to nothing but I trust Hamza Yusef and he's a respected scholar, so I'm cool with it. Stop arguing and causing division among the community." The second side is much more skeptical and thinks that he'll be a "token Muslim" that Trump will use for cover to prop up the Muslim ban or attack Ilhan Omar. They see this new role as a definite mistake but aren't quick to call him out. The mini camp are the progressive who have disliked him for a while after he worked in a similar capacity for the Bush admin, started being more cozy with conservative Arab governments, and said things that could be construed as racist and homophobic. They're mostly exasperated that he continues to be the face of "Liberal Islam" since by their reckoning he's firmly a mainstream conservative.

Since when was Shaykh Yusuf the face of "liberal" (aka hypocrite) Islam? Also those pessimists have a point, I never thought of it like that. Imma still be optimistic though :p

He said Shariaa should never be imposed on non Muslims but Islam will never accept same sex intercourse or marriage.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:52 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
ECKU wrote:Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?


Wow. Forget splitting hairs, that thing's been diced.

My point stands. Sexuality and sex are related terms but not exactly the same. In Al-Islam there's only the punishment for illegal sex (which has to go through a lot of requirements before a verdict is given), not just being a certain sexuality.
Last edited by ECKU on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?

I dont know if you know this or not, but f*cking someone, is a key part of someones sexuality. In fact *ucking someone is a pretty big f*cking expression of your sexuality.

You whipping someone 100 times because they fuc*ed someone of the same gender, if whipping them for their sexuality.


You are stretching this soooooooo f*cking much to justify your bull*hit its sad, this kind of *hit amin, this kind of shit is why you are a threat. And a key proponent for why Islam should modernise, so that less people with your mind set are part of the next generation.

Explain to me how talking on a forum makes me a threat.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
ECKU wrote:Since when was Shaykh Yusuf the face of "liberal" (aka hypocrite) Islam? Also those pessimists have a point, I never thought of it like that. Imma still be optimistic though :p

He said Shariaa should never be imposed on non Muslims but Islam will never accept same sex intercourse or marriage.

AlHamdulillah
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
Ism
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5909
Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:....


Are you capable of fu*king reading?

Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?


Oh, I love this argument. "I don't have a problem with gay people. Unless they something gay, of course."

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Ism wrote:
ECKU wrote:Are you capable of telling the difference between "sexuality" as in the expression of it (excluding the sexual parts) and "sex" as in the actual act of intercourse?


Oh, I love this argument. "I don't have a problem with gay people. Unless they something gay, of course."

We're talking about a Shari'ah punishment here, not feelings towards homosexuals and homosexuality
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11451
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 pm

ECKU wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:He said Shariaa should never be imposed on non Muslims but Islam will never accept same sex intercourse or marriage.

AlHamdulillah

Which means what in English?
Fun fact: in The Lion King (2019), Simba eats a Danaus caterpillar during "Hakuna Matata." Danaus caterpillars are poisonous.
I often leave my posts unintentionally vague, so if you find yourself needing to make assumptions to piece together my positions, please just ask me to clarify.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 54118
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Humans are the only species on this planet that is capable of following a religion.



Indeed.

This what irks me the most when sometimes people who blindly follow a religion are compared to sheep >:(

We don't do that. Keep us out of it, please.

:p
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1709
Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
ECKU wrote:AlHamdulillah

Which means what in English?

Hallelujah
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

User avatar
ECKU
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1001
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
ECKU wrote:AlHamdulillah

Which means what in English?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhamdulillah
But why'd you want to know? I wasn't even talking to you (I don't mean that in a mean way)
Last edited by ECKU on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11451
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm

ECKU wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Which means what in English?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhamdulillah
But why'd you want to know? I wasn't even talking to you (I don't mean that in a mean way)

Because I like being able to comprehend posts that I read. It'd be helpful if you'd at least write it in the Arabic script so it can be Google Translated. Or just write in English when it's unnecessary to use a language that very few of us understand.
Fun fact: in The Lion King (2019), Simba eats a Danaus caterpillar during "Hakuna Matata." Danaus caterpillars are poisonous.
I often leave my posts unintentionally vague, so if you find yourself needing to make assumptions to piece together my positions, please just ask me to clarify.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40119
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:01 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:I dont know if you know this or not, but f*cking someone, is a key part of someones sexuality. In fact *ucking someone is a pretty big f*cking expression of your sexuality.

You whipping someone 100 times because they fuc*ed someone of the same gender, if whipping them for their sexuality.


You are stretching this soooooooo f*cking much to justify your bull*hit its sad, this kind of *hit amin, this kind of shit is why you are a threat. And a key proponent for why Islam should modernise, so that less people with your mind set are part of the next generation.

Explain to me how talking on a forum makes me a threat.

I am not talking about you being a threat because you talk on a forum, im saying your a fucking threat because you think inflicting physical, psychological and emotional harm on people is fine and dandy if you slap your gods name on it. Anyone can stroll through this forum and see you justifying rape, slavery, floggings, implementations of religious laws against peoples wills and a ton of other shit clear as day.

That is why your a threat, not because you talk on a forum, but because of what you represent.

You know this, stop being deliberately obtuse to paint yourself as a victim, because you are in no way shape or form a fucking victim.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
"They fight bravely. They cannot harm our ships but they continue to try"
"Whether they fight or not they know the will die anyway, so really is this bravery or simple desperation?
"
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 21st Century Rome, Ameriganastan, Arkhane, Aureumterra, Bienenhalde, Blargoblarg, Bombadil, Cekoviu, Des-Bal, Duhon, Galloism, Hindennburg, Infected Mushroom, Klorgia1, Kohr, Monsone, Myrzivia, Neanderthaland, Necroghastia, Newne Carriebean7, Nottinhaps, Ors Might, South Odreria 2, South Pacific Republic, The Adrestian Empire, The Black Forrest, The Lone Alliance, Thermodolia, Vand Onlisianiny, Vetalia

Advertisement

Remove ads