NATION

PASSWORD

Shaykh Yusuf and Post-Secular Human Rights

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Is that why most Muslim countries are third world?

So are most Catholic countries, so are atheist countries. Does Dubai look third world to you?

Yes to be honest.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Is that why most Muslim countries are third world?

So are most Catholic countries, so are atheist countries. Does Dubai look third world to you?

Maybe, but Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Egypt, Sudan, and Libya all certainly do.

The Western countries (ie the most powerful and modern in the world) are primarily Christian.
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Islam in the large majority of interpretations is inherently opposed to human rights, as are Christianity and Judaism. Human rights must remain secular.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

ECKU
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Plzen wrote:Just a quick question to the supporters of the institution of Islamic law,

Do you personally believe that Muslims should be permitted to convert away from Islam at any time for any reason without fear of reprisal or punishment from other people?

It's a sin, but as long they don't fight against Shari'ah they should be ok.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 pm

ECKU wrote:
Plzen wrote:Just a quick question to the supporters of the institution of Islamic law,

Do you personally believe that Muslims should be permitted to convert away from Islam at any time for any reason without fear of reprisal or punishment from other people?

It's a sin, but as long they don't fight against Shari'ah they should be ok.

"It's okay to personally oppose injustice and horrific punishments for minor crimes/non-crimes as long as you don't do anything to fight against it!"

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Cekoviu wrote:Islam in the large majority of interpretations is inherently opposed to human rights, as are Christianity and Judaism. Human rights must remain secular.

Al-Islam isn't contradictory to human rights.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
ECKU wrote:It's a sin, but as long they don't fight against Shari'ah they should be ok.

"It's okay to personally oppose injustice and horrific punishments for minor crimes/non-crimes as long as you don't do anything to fight against it!"

Actually I'd be ok with physically opposing punishments for minor/non crimes

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 pm

ECKU wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:"It's okay to personally oppose injustice and horrific punishments for minor crimes/non-crimes as long as you don't do anything to fight against it!"

Well you have said your a fan of people being flogged for the sexuality so this should come as absolutely no surprise.
ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Humans are the only species on this planet that is capable of following a religion.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=462608&p=35950737#p35950737
The Huskar Social Union wrote:No you really have not.

Yes we do. We have education, reason, science, and logic, and modernization.
Islam is not fucking modern
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Benjabobaria
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Benjabobaria » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Government and religion don't mix. Neither shariah law nor conservative Christian lawmakers result in good policy most of the time.
Benja Karimi, formerly cosmopolitan raider kid
Former Moshir of Osiris's Sekhmet Legion, now retired from GP

Zizou wrote:it's the natives fault for getting beat the fuck up by raiders because the founder cted or they were dumb enough to make the del exec

Altino wrote:The number of "Benja this is amazing, I love it!!!" conversations and also "Benja wtf were you thinking, you're ruining my life" conversations we've had go so hard.

American libtard
Polandball fanatic
Deist of Jewish descent
It's really hard for me to respect anyone who ignores the obvious evidence that climate change is caused by humans.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 pm

ECKU wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:"It's okay to personally oppose injustice and horrific punishments for minor crimes/non-crimes as long as you don't do anything to fight against it!"

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20327/why-is-the-apostate-to-be-executed-in-islam
The evidence that the apostate is to be executed is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2794). What is meant by religion here is Islam (i.e., whoever changes from Islam to another religion). 

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676) 

See al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 22/180. 

So you disagree with your Prophet?
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:27 pm

ECKU wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Islam in the large majority of interpretations is inherently opposed to human rights, as are Christianity and Judaism. Human rights must remain secular.

You spend a significant portion of your time on this forum arguing that rape is justified in certain circumstances, slavery is fine as long as "Islamic" is slapped in front of it, punishments for homosexuality are fine, and more. You have less than zero legs to stand on.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:27 pm

ECKU wrote:

When you try and deny people rights because of your god it most certainly is.

You yourself are a huge fan of denying people rights, its all across this forum for everyone to see, your fine with assaulting people for their sexuality, you justify rape, you justify slavery. You and other muslims with the same mind set as you are a contradiction and a threat to human rights.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:28 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well you have said your a fan of people being flogged for the sexuality.

This is false.
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Islam is not f*cking modern

Something that is done in the modern day is modern. I'm pretty sure there's no set rules on what constitutes as modern or not.
Last edited by ECKU on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:When you try and deny people rights because of your god it most certainly is.

No it isn't. Also Allah SWT isn't "my god"
The Huskar Social Union wrote:You yourself are a huge fan of denying people rights, its all across this forum for everyone to see, your fine with assaulting people for their sexuality

False
The Huskar Social Union wrote:you justify rape

False
The Huskar Social Union wrote:you justify slavery.

Vague
The Huskar Social Union wrote:You and other muslims with the same mind set as you are a contradiction and a threat to human rights.

Depends on which human rights you're talking about. Which actually wouldn't matter either way, because talking on a forum does not make me a threat.
Last edited by ECKU on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:So are most Catholic countries, so are atheist countries. Does Dubai look third world to you?

Maybe, but Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Egypt, Sudan, and Libya all certainly do.

The Western countries (ie the most powerful and modern in the world) are primarily Christian.

Are you saying that's why they're so wealthy and not because of colonialism?

"In 1820, before the first Opium War, China's economy was the largest in the world, according to British economist Angus Maddison.[3] In another investigative report published by Michael Cemblast of JP Morgan and updated by the World Economic Forum, similar conclusions were reached—i.e., China's economy was the largest in the world for many centuries until the Opium Wars.[3][4] Furthermore, China was a net exporter, and had large trade surpluses with most Western countries. Within a decade after the end of the Second Opium War, China's share of global GDP had fallen by half.[4]"
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:When you try and deny people rights because of your god it most certainly is.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You yourself are a huge fan of denying people rights, its all across this forum for everyone to see, your fine with assaulting people for their sexuality

False

False

Vague
The Huskar Social Union wrote:You and other muslims with the same mind set as you are a contradiction and a threat to human rights.

Depends on which human rights you're talking about. Which actually wouldn't matter either way, because talking on a forum does not make me a threat.

Are you saying you have another god before him?
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well you have said your a fan of people being flogged for the sexuality.

This is false.
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Islam is not f*cking modern

Something that is done in the modern day is modern. I'm pretty sure there's no set rules on what constitutes as modern or not.
True:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
New Sukberia wrote:
Wow one storie about an infection of a pédophile is enough to confirm your argument.

Meanwhile, dozens of terrorist attacks in Europe in only 2 years isn't enough to warrant hâte for an ideoogy That preaches death to apostates.

What are you talking about?

And to add on to what Astoria said, there's some debate over whether homosexual sex is punishable by stoning. To me, it should be 100 lashes, not stoning.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
ECKU wrote:No it isn't. Also Allah SWT isn't "my god"

False

False

Vague

I'm saying that Allah SWT doesn't belong to me, I don't have possession of Him. That's not how it works in Al-Islam. On the contrary, I belong to Him.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

ECKU wrote:

False

False

Vague

You justify anything as long as it has allah or islam slapped on the box, everyone on here fucking knows it so you are not fooling anyone. You constantly go on about islamic slavery being fine cuz it has a special word on the front.

Drop the bullshit for once.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:This is false.

True:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:What are you talking about?

And to add on to what Astoria said, there's some debate over whether homosexual sex is punishable by stoning. To me, it should be 100 lashes, not stoning.

Yes, I did say that. Now where the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality?

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

ECKU wrote:

I'm saying that Allah SWT doesn't belong to me, I don't have possession of Him. That's not how it works in Al-Islam. On the contrary, I belong to Him.

Then he belongs to you. That's the way it works. Relationships are two way streets.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:No it isn't. Also Allah SWT isn't "my god"

False

False

Vague

You justify anything as long as it has allah or islam slapped on the box, everyone on here fucking knows it so you are not fooling anyone. You constantly go on about islamic slavery being fine cuz it has a special word on the front.

Drop the bulls*it for once.

There is none.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

ECKU wrote:I'm saying that Allah SWT doesn't belong to me, I don't have possession of Him. That's not how it works in Al-Islam. On the contrary, I belong to Him.

In the English language the possessive case does not always imply literal possession. It simply states that one is associated with the other. Note, for example: "my country."
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

ECKU wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:True:

Yes, I did say that. Now where the part about me saying they should be lashed for their sexuality?

"To me, it should be 100 slashes, not stoning"

Literally you saying someone should be flogged 100 times for having gay sex.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm

ECKU wrote:I'm saying that Allah SWT doesn't belong to me, I don't have possession of Him. That's not how it works in Al-Islam. On the contrary, I belong to Him.

Then he belongs to you. That's the way it works. Relationships are two way streets.

Again that's not how that works in Al-Islam. A master does not belong to a slave, a slave belongs to a master.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General