NATION

PASSWORD

Trump stirs up the nativist pot (again)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Trump stirs up the nativist pot (again)

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:52 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ?ocid=AMZN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factchec ... ?ocid=AMZN

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... -apologize

President Donald trump made news again for all the wrong reasons yesterday after lashing out at Democratic representatives Ayanna Pressley, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib in a usual daily tweet storm of his, which no one can control or mitigate. While trump is known for taking shots at people, his latest anger took a dark and bigotted turn when he suggested that the congresswomen not only hated America but should "go back to the countries they came from and fix them." Already as usual, the conflict pits the people who always hated trump against the people who always loved him, and there's few people on the fence. Trump doubled down on his statements and accused the freshmen congresswomen of being "racist and vile" (isn't that ironic) and demanding democrats apologize for defending them.

Now a lot of people probably are wondering my opinion on this issue, so this is where my thoughts come in. Seriously what the actual hell was he thinking when he tweeted that? Does he understand the connotation when you tell someone of a nonwhite background to "go back to where they came from and fix the corruption there?" And how are some of them supposed to go back? Rashida Talib was born in Detroit michigan. Last time I checked, despite the war zone levels of violence Detroit is very much an American city. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez was born in the Bronx and is of Puerto Rican heritage, meaning her family has been living in America technically since 1898. Ayanna Pressley is African American and her ancestors probably were brought here against their wills two hundred years before Donald's even got off the boat. Omar was born in Somalia but spent most of her life here and is a US citizen. Of course trump's most die hard fans are doubling down as well, but this isn't even dogwhistling any more in my opinion. So what are your opinions on this issue NSers? Have you heard of the latest controversy surrounding the president, one of thousands he's been involved in?
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Elgin Mills
Secretary

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Elgin Mills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 am

Trump will continue to yell and stamp his feet because it's the thing that gets his base really horny. It's his most powerful tool for 2020. The Democratic Party is PROBABLY going to nominate another boring centrist type with zero "political sex appeal", and if they do, they will DEFINITELY lose. (Not that I'm complaining too much, on account of I hate both parties bitterly)
I am not a liberal. I am not a Bernie fan. I am not an "SJW".
I am unabashedly Marxist-Leninist and Communist. Please understand this.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 am

Elgin Mills wrote:Trump will continue to yell and stamp his feet because it's the thing that gets his base really horny. It's his most powerful tool for 2020. The Democratic Party is PROBABLY going to nominate another boring centrist type with zero "political sex appeal", and if they do, they will DEFINITELY lose. (Not that I'm complaining too much, on account of I hate both parties bitterly)

Currently they're debating whether it should be Harris, Biden, or Warren. So we got the pro intervention "dick Cheney was a decent guy, I got along with segregationists" biden, the crooked prosecutor kamala harris, and Elizabeth warren, a woman who lied about being native american. This is not how you win against trump
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:01 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Elgin Mills wrote:Trump will continue to yell and stamp his feet because it's the thing that gets his base really horny. It's his most powerful tool for 2020. The Democratic Party is PROBABLY going to nominate another boring centrist type with zero "political sex appeal", and if they do, they will DEFINITELY lose. (Not that I'm complaining too much, on account of I hate both parties bitterly)

Currently they're debating whether it should be Harris, Biden, or Warren. So we got the pro intervention "dick Cheney was a decent guy, I got along with segregationists" biden, the crooked prosecutor kamala harris, and Elizabeth warren, a woman who lied about being native american. This is not how you win against trump

Well you don't win against Trump with AOC either.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Elgin Mills
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Elgin Mills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:04 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Well, we don't really have much of a historical precedent for AOC. The point is: whoever beats Trump must be someone who can actually excite people. The DNC's top picks don't fit the bill.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:08 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

But that's how you look progressive so Democrats can stamp their feet and scream sexism when the female candidate (because it will be a woman) loses.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:12 am

Elgin Mills wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Well, we don't really have much of a historical precedent for AOC. The point is: whoever beats Trump must be someone who can actually excite people. The DNC's top picks don't fit the bill.

That's one of em. But you're forgetting that Trump won at least partially because it was either him or Hillary.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Elgin Mills
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Elgin Mills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Elgin Mills wrote:Well, we don't really have much of a historical precedent for AOC. The point is: whoever beats Trump must be someone who can actually excite people. The DNC's top picks don't fit the bill.

That's one of em. But you're forgetting that Trump won because it was either him or Hillary.

... AOC is a DNC top pick? Shlemiel, AOC isn't even a candidate!

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:17 am

I believe his words echo and resonate in the feelings of many of his voters.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:30 am

With news like these I'm always eternally grateful that even the shortest route to USA from Finland involves Arctic Ocean and bits of Canada in between. It continues to scare me that that [self-censored-word] is technically in control of a large amount of nuclear warheads and ICBMs. I'm just hoping he loses in the next election so hard that he'll become a political nobody.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Visionary Union
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Visionary Union » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:35 am

Ugh. Can someone please change his Twitter password?

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:36 am

Araraukar wrote:With news like these I'm always eternally grateful that even the shortest route to USA from Finland involves Arctic Ocean and bits of Canada in between. It continues to scare me that that [self-censored-word] is technically in control of a large amount of nuclear warheads and ICBMs. I'm just hoping he loses in the next election so hard that he'll become a political nobody.

As matter of fact, that is so:

South China Morning Post wrote:If Donald Trump – or any US president – ordered a pre-emptive nuclear strike, could anyone stop him?

The answer is no.

Not the Congress. Not his secretary of defence. And by design, not the military officers who would be duty-bound to execute the order.

As Bruce Blair, a former nuclear missile launch officer and expert on nuclear command and control, has put it: “The protocol for ordering the use of nuclear weapons endows every president with civilisation-ending power.”

Sauce

Last edited by Nakena on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 am

Rojava Free State wrote:a woman who lied about being native american

Only if you believe what Trump claimed about her.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:44 am

Nakena wrote:*snip*

I'm gonna go and hide under my safety blanket now... :meh:
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:54 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I wanted Richard ojeda for president. Then he decided not to run

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:55 am

Vassenor wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:a woman who lied about being native american

Only if you believe what Trump claimed about her.

She took a gene test that claimed she was like 1/1000 native American and multiple tribes have already called on her to stop claiming she's native when she isn't part of the culture. She's not native dude

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 am

Nakena wrote:I believe his words echo and resonate in the feelings of many of his voters.

I refer to them as the brown man bad movement. Dedicated since God knows when to letting everyone know that the brown people are bad, whether it was the Irish in 1854, the italians, greeks, Jews and poles in 1900, or Mexicans and Arabs nowadays. Same old backwoods bigots

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Nakena wrote:I believe his words echo and resonate in the feelings of many of his voters.

I refer to them as the brown man bad movement. Dedicated since God knows when to letting everyone know that the brown people are bad, whether it was the Irish in 1854, the italians, greeks, Jews and poles in 1900, or Mexicans and Arabs nowadays. Same old backwoods bigots

In that context you might enjoy this video here regarding the irish perception in american history.
Last edited by Nakena on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:11 am

A significant problem is that the die-hard followers would adopt the same mentality, cement that belief in themselves, and heed no rebuttals.

Araraukar wrote:
Nakena wrote:*snip*

I'm gonna go and hide under my safety blanket now... :meh:

Yup, nightmare fuel.
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 am

Latin Islands wrote:
Araraukar wrote:I'm gonna go and hide under my safety blanket now... :meh:

Yup, nightmare fuel.

Ya scared?

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 am

Trump 2020.

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:14 am

Nakena wrote:
Latin Islands wrote:
Yup, nightmare fuel.

Ya scared?

The photo, yes. Kinda. More like startled and unnerved, not scarred and scared.
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:15 am

If Rashida Tlaib was a serious politican in Palestine I gurantee the Zionists and Hezbollah would have a field day in what remains of the West Bank and Gaza.
Last edited by Khataiy on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:24 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

She took a gene test that claimed she was like 1/1000 native American and multiple tribes have already called on her to stop claiming she's native when she isn't part of the culture. She's not native dude

She also doesn't claim to be.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Alien Overlord
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alien Overlord » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 am

His voters will likely back up his actions to show party unity-with the horrible amounts of polarization between the two parties, neither wants to give up any ground (especially when we are so close to election time.)
Walkerfort wrote:so...

Banning cars will lead to a clusterfuck of mininations everywhere and attempting to mash two Eras together miserably and 1984 style dictatorships

butterfly effect when give a butterfly cocaine

Ayissor wrote:
Alien Overlord wrote:You mean the proles living in tribes right? The ones who were also brainwashed 1984 style?

Yup, who else? Workers? Ha, as if we need them in our anarcho-primitivist-orwellian utopia dystopia federation.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General