NATION

PASSWORD

Memorable NS'ers (2019 Edition)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 pm

Well, Fedele was...memorable....not signaling good or bad in a way. Former delegate of TEP was Fedele, I heard Fed refused to hand over the position to the delegate-elect.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Gregoryisgodistan, by a huge margin.

I crave prune juice and gruel.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Paradeavenlisian States
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradeavenlisian States » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:28 pm

Silver Commonwealth wrote:
Great Jenovah wrote:
Yeah, I do genuinely believe that Cantelo left things going on in real-life. When I spoke with Cantelo, she had mentioned that she was a 'college' girl so I'd assume that she is busy with that. I would normally just leave it at that, but recently, I found a nation whose flag was VERY similar to that of Cantelo. (Alenshire) I am positive that this is not Cantelo, but it has sparked some sort of interest.. like a void in me.. to find out if there really is something more to it. PAS is still somewhat active on the Srivijayan Consortium discord, but I just wish that he continued to create content for his nation. It is really heartwarming to see so many people reunite on here, honestly.

Well, I am still somewhat active, despite approaching to college closer and closer by every year. That said, my writing speed has been affected as well - I used to write quite long texts in a fast pace in the past, but now my writing has become slower, and my newer factbooks are still heavy WIPs. I know I have said this a lot, but I think, that this time I might actually stop writing them, and focus on finishing the new ones.

Yeah... I'm in a pretty similar situation as well. As Year 11 and my actual GCSE exams approaches for me, I've had to and am focusing more on studying than NS which has affected the speed of writing factbooks and activeness on this site. That might also explain why I'm, seemingly, not as memorable as other F7ers.
Paradiraneami Taihou | ParadeavenlisianStates | ᚚᚐᚏᚐᚇᚔᚏᚐᚅᚓᚐᚋᚔ ᚈᚐᚔᚆᚑᚒ
MAJOR OVERHAUL ONGOING

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:17 pm

Ghost Land wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Okay boomer.

I was just told that today.

I'm a millennial. The guy who said it was almost exactly the same age as me. I called him a "snowflake" and ascribed back to him a whole bunch of negative stereotypes of our generation. He didn't catch on and again just repeated, "okay, boomer."

There's a scene a bit like this in a Brooklyn 99 episode featuring Jake and his building's manager? chief tenant? Whoever he had to negotiate buying his flat with anyway.

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:NS years ago had the first 5 (or was it 10?) posts vetted by mods. There would be delay then when a mod had looked it over it would appear. But I can see that mods probably don't want that extra work

Ah, this is how NSG Mentors could work. The Mentors and/or mods review the posts.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Andsed wrote:Wow. I mean his clinic suggestions seemed disturbing but his comments about blackmail are insanely fucked up. Hope his wife is in a better situation now.

He was talking about his future wife.

I remember that. He had a frighteningly detailed plan for how he'd blackmail, emotionally abuse and terrify his hypothetical wife out of ever having an abortion, never form a real attachment to her and keep her pretty much permanently pregnant because he wanted god-knows-how-many kids.

The one silver lining in his plan was that he planned to tell his wife he'd never love her... which seemed to somewhat offset the risk to women of the future.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:37 am

Yohannes wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Retired as far as I'm aware.

I'd never expected her to retire from NationStates. Dread Lady Nathicana was a good N&I RP writer.

The New California Republic wrote:She was de-modded, hung around as a regular player for a few more years, then CTE'd from inactivity.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope she's okay?

She is.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Definitely Not Trumptonium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Definitely Not Trumptonium » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:10 am

Diarcesia wrote:
Definitely Not Trumptonium wrote:Moi.

No, you're definitely not Trumptonium

Forsher wrote:Another popular and then definitely unpopular story?

For sure.

I can neither confirm nor deny this allegation
I sexually identify as Michael Jackson and my preferred pronouns are He / Hee!

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:16 am

Spiritual Republic of Caryton wrote:Gregoryisgodistan, by a huge margin.

He was active in NS Sports, I believe. I think I've heard of him.
Champions - Sporting World Cup 10 (U-18),

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:34 am

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Spiritual Republic of Caryton wrote:Gregoryisgodistan, by a huge margin.

The user is still around with a different nation.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:42 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

The user is still around with a different nation.

Um...okay.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:47 am

Luminesa wrote:
Bombadil wrote:If we're getting into history..

DLN should never have been made a mod, the signs she was ridiculously authoritarian were there long before she was modded.
Is the Batcave the same as the Unmoderated Paradise..
Seeing Aelosia pop up, didn't she con money out of Melkor?

Ultimately I'm sure lovely friendships have been made here, people actually met in NSG meet ups in London and SF but my feeling has always been believe nothing and just post your views - that why I'm entirely fine with the idea some people are presenting idealised versions of themselves, some are posting truth but, whatever, you're viewing opinions either way.

DLN was a great mod, may her memory reign eternal for the haters.

She really wasn't.

I had some decent conversations with her, but she was better as a regular player than as a mod. She DEATed a bunch of people for "sheltering a DOS" even though that isn't in the site rules anywhere.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:47 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Luminesa wrote:DLN was a great mod, may her memory reign eternal for the haters.

She really wasn't.

I had some decent conversations with her, but she was better as a regular player than as a mod. She DEATed a bunch of people for "sheltering a DOS" even though that isn't in the site rules anywhere.

DLN? Also, what's DEAT?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:04 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Luminesa wrote:DLN was a great mod, may her memory reign eternal for the haters.

She really wasn't.

Was Ardchoille retired as a mod? I haven’t seen her in ages.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:06 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
She really wasn't.

I have never heard of that lady.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:06 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
She really wasn't.

Retired due to inactivity, yeah.

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Was she one of the original NS members?

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 am

USS Monitor wrote:

She really wasn't.

Oh, I remember hearing it somewhere in the thread. That's why DLN sounds so familiar :/

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah, I checked moderation. I made a BOLO thread for her. Didn’t remember it.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:08 am

Samudera Darussalam wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
She really wasn't.

Oh, I remember hearing it somewhere in the thread. That's why DLN sounds so familiar :/

Oh! Dread Lady Nathicana? She was demoted, wasn't she?

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:09 am

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I never knew her all that well because my time as a mod was after her activity dropped off -- but she was a former mod, and an OK one from what I saw.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:10 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

I never knew her all that well because my time as a mod was after her activity dropped off -- but she was a former mod, and an OK one from what I saw.

She was a jovial mod. I always remember her avatar’s pointy hat.
Slava Ukraini

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:11 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Was she a recent former moderator?

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:19 am

Imperial Joseon wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Was she a recent former moderator?

She joined NS in 2004 and was on the mod team from 2007 to 2018, though she was VERY inactive in her last few years and hasn't made a single post on the forum since 2015, just logging in every so often to keep her nation alive basically. I remember her from my early days and never had a problem with her myself.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

DEN did nothing wrong
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby DEN did nothing wrong » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:27 am

Block, Drunk, Vac and Attero.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:54 am

Imperial Joseon wrote:what's DEAT?

DEAT is when a nation is deleted for rule violations, but the person behind the nation is free to create a new nation. DOS is Delete On Sight, where a person is permanently barred from the site, usually due to multiple rule violations and multiple DEATs.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General