NATION

PASSWORD

Memorable NS'ers (2019 Edition)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

MC United
Envoy

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby MC United » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I just recalled a few more NSers: Chumblywumbly and Dempubliscents 1 (sp?).

Chumblywumbly reminded me of the song "Tubthumping" :)

One I remember: Gauthier. For a whole list of negative reasons.
"I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly." -- Michel de Montaigne

"A woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke." -- Kipling

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." -- Ecclesiastes 10:2.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Forsher wrote:
What else is it supposed to be?

What's our threshold for "old" NS users? IMO the likes of Valentine Z and Dawetid aren't exactly old.

Well there are two approaches to this thread.

As I said earlier, the way I'm approaching it is to just mention ex-players (CTE's, DEATs and DoS's basically) so in the sense old is defined as "ex-nations".

With other people who are just mentioning anyone they find memorable, I don't know how they'd think about old... especially since the two examples you use don't spring to mind. I guess "hasn't been around in a while" if we take Xero as an illustration (not CTE'd, not posting but still lurking every now again).
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:06 pm

MC United wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I think Gauthier is now Gormwood.

Well, people call Gormwood Gauth so...

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Forsher wrote:
Pacomia wrote:I dunno, a few pages ago it wasn’t about people who raped cats and got banned from forums for saying weird shit.

And we haven't even mentioned, say, Four Sided Triangles yet.

Probably the greatest DoS ever. As I remember got DoS'd before I joined, then got DoS'd again (might have been just a DEAT) following months/years of posting with a new nation, after which people realised he was already DoS'd. Then tried to come back, but the mods had figured out whatever trick he was using so he was gone.

Was he the mathematician, I don't remember him as the type to get DOS'd, I guess it occurred in the period I wasn't much on the boards between '12 and '17.

And then there are popular posters here who were completely horrible people (ignoring criminal behaviour). I know with one case (although don't ask me the story because I don't know it) they're basically a persona non grata now with the very same posters who used to be, I think the word applies, "tight" with them & enabled their horribleness here.

I guess related to the above NSG did make some people go bitter, I remember Il Ruffino as a light hearted chap who then veered down a dark path.

And then there are posters like Bottle, Dakini or Gift of God who you remember vaguely or quite well but don't have any interesting stories to tell. Like, for example, how I asked who remembered Cromarty?

Bottle was awesome, my lord she could take people down.

I suppose there's Yoot. I mean, yeah, he's DoS'd now but the interesting story there is that he was a history student (postgrad possibly) who simultaneously believed that history was basically impossible to, you know, Do. I suppose in hindsight he was probably one of the numerous Hayden White acolytes but he was DoS'd before I knew enough to ask.

I always liked the two Lacky's, Lackadaisical and Lacadaemon, what happened to the former as they were pretty prolific.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:14 pm

I guess I've got a few:
Dread Lady Nathicana and Lunatic Goofballs were both good mods and added balance to the frankly cunty dispositions of some of the staff. Parkus, Bluth, and Mike the Progressive were interesting folks, as was Dyakovo. That's all I can think of, for now.
Insert trite farewell here

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Forsher wrote:
And we haven't even mentioned, say, Four Sided Triangles yet.

Probably the greatest DoS ever. As I remember got DoS'd before I joined, then got DoS'd again (might have been just a DEAT) following months/years of posting with a new nation, after which people realised he was already DoS'd. Then tried to come back, but the mods had figured out whatever trick he was using so he was gone.

Was he the mathematician, I don't remember him as the type to get DOS'd, I guess it occurred in the period I wasn't much on the boards between '12 and '17.

Physicist I think. And, having checked, he was originally Unhealthy Truthseeker.

Had massive anti-sex threads that devolved into threads about FST threads (a bit like how Xero threads start off as [title topic] threads, then become threads about Xero and then become choose where your tax go threads and then get locked). He was DEAT'd for trolling religionists... which shocked me, because I remembered him from completely different threads where he seemed sincere and polite (i.e. the sex threads).

And it was somewhere in that 2011-13 range that he was FST, yeah.

I always liked the two Lacky's, Lackadaisical and Lacadaemon, what happened to the former as they were pretty prolific.

I'm not sure.

Also it's weird when there's two posters with the same nickname, e.g. Fris for Mod Fris and something like Frisivisia.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Scomagia wrote:I guess I've got a few:
Dread Lady Nathicana and Lunatic Goofballs were both good mods and added balance to the frankly cunty dispositions of some of the staff. Parkus, Bluth, and Mike the Progressive were interesting folks, as was Dyakovo. That's all I can think of, for now.

At the time, DLN was one of my least favourite mods.

My opinion has changed... dramatically... since she was retired/fired.
Last edited by Forsher on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recidivism
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Recidivism » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Dyakovo
Xerographica
Infected Mushroom
36 Camera Perspective
Gauthier
Alien Space Bats
Mavorpen

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Forsher wrote:
Scomagia wrote:I guess I've got a few:

At the time, DLN was one of my least favourite mods.

My opinion has changed... dramatically... since she was retired/fired.

Pretty much the same for me. At the time, I wasn't all that fond of the Dread Lady but now...yeah. I don't remember her being stupidly literal, defaulting to cunty snark, or letting rules slide for pet posters. I remember harshness, sometimes, but in hindsight she contributed a lot to the feeling that this site used to have.

And LG was just cool. Fair rulings, never needlessly condescending or rude, and no obvious favoritism. Also, the clown jokes. I loved em.
Insert trite farewell here

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:44 pm

MC United wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that song. :p

Gauthier is still around as Gormwood.

Just remembered Bottle. She was hilarious and intelligent.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Supreme Pwnage
Attaché

Founded: Oct 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Pwnage » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:43 pm

I remember Dread Lady Nathanica and Sedgistan. I just got on NS for the first time in around 7 years and I was unaware they're gone. That's unfortunate...
I know this is ancient history, but does anyone remember Aelosia? When NS did the IPO thing where you got "shares" in NS depending on the size of your nation and Max got a huge amount and we all had to try and beat him? I remember Aelosia was selling raunchy (but completely sfw) pictures of herself for shares (before mods shut her down) and either ended up beating Max or massively contributing shares to the person who did.
Resurrected my nation after 7 years of inactivity, all my old friends are in the boneyard. I'm truly alone in the world.
Founder of the region Unironic C Programmers
This nation is just my attempt to create the absolutely most oppressive, armed, militaristic nation possible. It does not in any way line up with my actual political beliefs
I am supporting Tulsi Gabbard unless the LP can conjure up a candidate with a pulse
The NSA should be abolished
Anti-war
We shouldn't impeach Trump (I do NOT want Mike Pence to be president)
The only restrictions on 2A should be nukes and biological weapons
Open borders for the US
Legalize ALL drugs
Legalize prostitution
End corn subsidies
Abolish income tax
A fetus is a human and its rights should be protected
Investigate 9/11

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:49 pm

Supreme Pwnage wrote:I remember Dread Lady Nathanica and Sedgistan. I just got on NS for the first time in around 7 years and I was unaware they're gone. That's unfortunate...
I know this is ancient history, but does anyone remember Aelosia? When NS did the IPO thing where you got "shares" in NS depending on the size of your nation and Max got a huge amount and we all had to try and beat him? I remember Aelosia was selling raunchy (but completely sfw) pictures of herself for shares (before mods shut her down) and either ended up beating Max or massively contributing shares to the person who did.

I think I remember her more for something dodgy going on with her and Melkor Unchained, if I'm remembering correctly.

Having said that, thinking about the quality of contribution from people like Bottle, ASB and The Cat Tribes.. don't think we have anyone close to equivalent these days, perhaps The Archregimency when he's not out fighting Nazis.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Forsher wrote:And we haven't even mentioned, say, Four Sided Triangles yet.

I remember FST and his whole thing about being ashamed of his sexual attraction to women (that's putting it very mildly). I don't remember when or why he was DEATed, I might not have been around then.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:19 am

Supreme Pwnage wrote:I remember Dread Lady Nathanica and Sedgistan. I just got on NS for the first time in around 7 years and I was unaware they're gone. That's unfortunate...

IPO Launch was best April Fools.

Can't believe it didn't get to stick around compared to some of the ones we've still got.

(I remember Aelosia now that you mention her, but not otherwise.)

Have to admit, and I know people who were around when it happened hated it, that I'd like to see NationDates v2.0.

Page wrote:I remember FST and his whole thing about being ashamed of his sexual attraction to women (that's putting it very mildly). I don't remember when or why he was DEATed, I might not have been around then.

Trolling Christians (well, some religion anyway). NERV got him. Don't remember when though.

Bombadil wrote:

I think I remember her more for something dodgy going on with her and Melkor Unchained, if I'm remembering correctly.

Having said that, thinking about the quality of contribution from people like Bottle, ASB and The Cat Tribes.. don't think we have anyone close to equivalent these days, perhaps The Archregimency when he's not out fighting Nazis.

I mean, your threads are interesting enough (although I rarely post in them) but, by and large, we don't have the kinds of threads that encourage that kind of posting. I mean, I've got no problems with IM's hypotheticals (unlike some people) but a forum where hypotheticals, megathreads and ideological discussion threads are prevalent just doesn't encourage the formation of incidental non-reactionary threads.

I mean, the abortion thread's a year old... it doesn't appear to be a megathread but it's got the inertia of one. The Radical Muslim thread turns out to be inspired by a Guardian article and is really more about Prevent than Radical Muslims. Which means of the three front page threads that are incidental and non-reactionary we have:

• A Führer Bunker thread
  • A Religion as Indoctrination thread
  • And a Gun Rights Illegal Immigrants crossover thread

Maybe I've become a snob but 2/3 of those seem, you know, very... well, um. And I'm not enamoured by a religious indoctrination thread.

And then I think of all the perfectly good threads locked for being blogs. And not all the OP's have the credibility of Trots.

The "it's a blog!" dynamic suggests a cultural change in the forum rather than, say, fewer forumites and, hence, less turnover, fewer new threads and less vitality. Of course, it could still be both. And I should say people always used to make monarchist discussion threads so maybe the authoritarian and moderate ones will fail and be made anew in six months. As it should be.

And before anyone says, "Well, why don't you make the kind of thread you want" Fair point. My OPs are all very reactionary.
Last edited by Forsher on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:41 am

Well, I have quite a few... (Mostly F7, as I dwell there the most.) I can't list all of them, as it would take ages, but I will pick a few, which I remember the most.

Last edited by Silver Commonwealth on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 am

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Valentine Z, Ism , Huskar Social Union, Grenartia Internationalist Bastard,Ethel mermania, Kannap,Blaatschapen, High Swaglord, that guy who has a flag of boomy from avatar, to name a few

Yay! Someone has mentioned me!

Anyway, since I’m busy at the moment, I’ll give the abridged version of my list of NSG... friends? Maybe? I dunno, does that work? Meh. Here’s the list, in no particular order.

Luminesa,
Fahran,
Hanafuridake,
Valentine Z,
Herp,
Novus America,
Kowani (sometimes, when we’re not arguing over assorted metaphysical stuff),
Old Tyrannia (not so much “friend” but I look to him as a role model)
Abserdia,
Conservative Morality

And some others that I can’t think of at the moment since I have to get back to my RL obligations.

Who is ConserVative Morality? :unsure:

I am familiar with a conserative morality.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:
Well, I have quite a few... (Mostly F7, as I dwell there the most.) I can't list all of them, as it would take ages, but I will pick a few, which I remember the most.

Thanks for the mention! :P

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:51 am

Gauth and Sukberia for all the wrong reasons

Kannadrickium for being the nation that got universally hated on

That one guy that took all the IRL nation names and disgraced them

Krulltopia, the only good WA delegate from the Pacific
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:56 am

To add in a few people whom I know, and are quite active:

Elvectica, • Genivaria, • The Yegla Islands, • The Chuck, • Skyhooked, • Metamen, • Kirislavia.
Last edited by Bluelight-R006 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:To add in a few people whom I know, and are quite active:

Elvectica, • Genivaria, • The Yegla Islands, • The Chuck, • Skyhooked, • Metamen, • Kirislavia.

The Chuck, really a masterpiece. Who else can list firearms like a waiter listing food on the menu
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Walkerfort
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Walkerfort » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 am

myself.... because I can say so

also

F7 users:

valentine Z

Silver commonwealth

inkopolis

the Yegla islands

the chuck

skyhooked

kirken

metaman
Well... It's been a while.

thinking of reforming my nation

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:03 am

It has come to my attention that I have no been mentioned in this thread. It's a nice jokes guys but you can quit it now. I know you all think of me as one of the best NS'ers of all time so there's no need for everyone to mention me all at once.

In seriousness I agree with most of who everyone else has mentioned, or at least the names that I recognize. I haven't been around in years so I don't know many newcomers from 2016 onward.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Yegla Islands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yegla Islands » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:25 am

So I thank y'all for the mentions, but the fact that people are adding "the" in front of my nation name (and therefore breaking the links to said nation), is somewhat concerning. Still, I didn't expect to be mentioned at all, so it's still a pleasant surprise.

Dictator-backed dedication to absolute civil freedoms, ultrabureaucratic pseudo-socialism and heavily-armed neutrality.
Fueled by PMT*/FanT nanopunk schizotech, eldritch red tape and snazzy neo-cold war aesthetics on a broken continent.

✯ Factbooks are currently in the middle of a Big™ Rewrite™, almost everything's out of date and ugly. Don't read them. ✯
This nation uses NS stats. Sort of. In a general kind of way.
*Definitions of "Post", "Modern" and "Technology" may vary

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:33 am

As someone who spends lots of time in Got Issues, I will give my votes to Candlewhisper Archive, Baggie Land, Chan Islands and Trotterdam for helping issue authors- new and published alike. And to Jutsa for doing all that, plus maintaining the all important lists of GI
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 am

--EDITED-OUT--
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General