NATION

PASSWORD

Prevent and why it's okay for young Muslims to be radical.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 am

The Grims wrote:
ECKU wrote:The same

How so ? A lady could not have travelled with the same companions.
Most men (who already held the armies and the loyalty of their tribes) would also not accept to become subservient to women. Most men wouldn't accept to fall under consortage and sexual slavery, and they would probably have brutally murdered the supposed female prophet the moment she started making any such suggestions. Now, if Aisha had toppled Ali and crowned herself the Caliph and crushed the Umayyad revolt in its conception, then that would be a different question.
Last edited by North German Realm on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

The Grims
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:21 am

ECKU wrote:
The Grims wrote:How so ? A lady could not have travelled with the same companions.

Depends on how long the travel takes.

It is my understanding that the revelation took decades.

Turbofolkia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Turbofolkia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:21 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:If you havent noticed, there are plenty who are not happy with the general trend in the west and they certainly are not turning to islam as the solution. If anything, they're doing the exact opposite.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and the UK.

Because of immigration and a higher birthrate than the general population. Hinduism is the fastest growing religion in Australia and New Zealand for the same reasons, so pointing that out doesn’t really tell us much.
Kad uključim autotune digne se prašina

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 am

Highever wrote:
Novus America wrote:
So long as people are preaching what you preach proselytizing is not applicable.
You are effectively practicing anti-proselytizing.
Preaching what you preach only ensures fewer people become Muslims.

I was about to say the people in this thread who think they're promoting islam are in fact some of the best examples I've seen of pushing people further and further away from it.

I'm the example :p I became convinced after a conversation with Amin that there is very little reason or merit in fully following Islam and its teachings except of:

"If you don't obey, you'll burn in hell forever and (insert brutal sadistic eternal torture methods)"

Number of people converted to Al-Islam: -1

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:It is pretty telling that people leave Islam in droves when possible and all its growth comes from immigration or high birth rates.

Turns out immigrating from authoritarian religious societies will have the effect of making many leave said religion.

Honestly, if the only way your religion can keep people is by threatening to kill them if they do then your religion is seriously flawed.

However, many of them also settled in isolated ghetto communities, and therefor become more radical.

Fun fact: probably due to this fact, the largest moderate muslim organization in my homeland has recently branded the pro-sharia pro-caliphate movements as "followers of the London denomination". I guess they (the radicals) borrowed some teaching from foreign ulemas in Britain.

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 am

North German Realm wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:It's really not. I mean Ramadan is really unfair to anyone who lives North of a certain latitude.

To add a bit, most of the description of heaven is literally the climate most Europeans already live in (apart from "rivers of honey" and bullshit like that) but was seen as an unobtainable heaven by pagan Arabs living in a desert 1400 years ago. (+beautiful black-haired and brown-eyed girls, which is a common Arabic stereotype for what a beautiful woman was at the time.)

Um, there's a shit ton of beautiful black haired and brown eyed Arab women my guy. You literally just described about half of the female middle eastern population right there. I will say this, if those are the women in heaven then I will gladly go up there, but besides that, Islam is definitely a middle eastern religion. So is Christianity and Judaism. The real religions of Europe are Greek and Roman paganism, odinism, Celtic druidism and whatever other pooytheists existed back then in the continent.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:27 am

ECKU wrote:
Nakena wrote:Ultimatively Islam is an religion of arab origin and for arabic culture. It shows.

False and false

That's why it's all in arabic, right? CaUse it's not a religion of Arab origin and for Arab culture?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
North German Realm wrote:To add a bit, most of the description of heaven is literally the climate most Europeans already live in (apart from "rivers of honey" and bullshit like that) but was seen as an unobtainable heaven by pagan Arabs living in a desert 1400 years ago. (+beautiful black-haired and brown-eyed girls, which is a common Arabic stereotype for what a beautiful woman was at the time.)

Um, there's a shit ton of beautiful black haired and brown eyed Arab women my guy. You literally just described about half of the female middle eastern population right there. I will say this, if those are the women in heaven then I will gladly go up there, but besides that, Islam is definitely a middle eastern religion. So is Christianity and Judaism. The real religions of Europe are Greek and Roman paganism, odinism, Celtic druidism and whatever other pooytheists existed back then in the continent.

beautiful black-haired and brown-eyed girls, which is a common Arabic stereotype for what a beautiful woman was at the time
Yes. I know. I live in the middle east. Most people here are black-haired and brown-eyed period. I did not mean the women were seen as a rarity, just that "in addition to the "heavenly" climate, there's also a lot of women"
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:I said Jannah not Jahannam.

anseo tá tú tinn ag tosú ag caitheamh frásaí randamacha i nGaeilge ó tá tú éagumasach clóscríobh i mBéarla amháin

No tengo idea de lo que estás diciendo, pero creo que está en gaélico irlandés. Sigue meciéndose en el mundo libre de todos

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

beautiful black-haired and brown-eyed girls, which is a common Arabic stereotype for what a beautiful woman was at the time
Yes. I know. I live in the middle east. Most people here are black-haired and brown-eyed period. I did not mean the women were seen as a rarity, just that "in addition to the "heavenly" climate, there's also a lot of women"

Ah, so it's a nightclub...But forever

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:33 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
North German Realm wrote:beautiful black-haired and brown-eyed girls, which is a common Arabic stereotype for what a beautiful woman was at the time

According to different Ayaat and Ahaadith, all the people in Heaven say is either "Greetings" or "Peace" or praising god. Not a very cool nightclub :p
Last edited by North German Realm on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:40 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

According to different Ayaat and Ahaadith, all the people in Heaven say is either "Greetings" or "Peace" or praising god. Not a very cool nightclub :p

I've been to parties or nightclubs before where literally it was that boring. It sounds like a real dead one...

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

But for him who feared the standing of his Lord are two gardens.
Full of varieties.
In them are two flowing springs.
In them are fruits of every kind, in pairs.
Reclining on furnishings lined with brocade, and the fruits of the two gardens are near at hand.
In them are maidens restraining their glances, untouched before by any man or jinn.
As though they were rubies and corals.
Is the reward of goodness anything but goodness?
And beneath them are two gardens.
Deep green.
In them are two gushing springs.
In them are fruits, and date-palms, and pomegranates.
In them are good and beautiful ones.
Companions, secluded in the tents.
Whom no human has touched before, nor jinn.
Reclining on green cushions, and exquisite carpets.

Quran 55. Note that I have to get rid of that repeated passages. Now I'll just throw around the words "virgin," "hot", "chicks", and "72" for no particular reason at all. Any similarity or relation to other existing person, event, or literature is purely coincidental. But I think this is starting to rail off from the topic, though I can understand some of the reasons the radicals are so motivated.

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 am

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:
North German Realm wrote:According to different Ayaat and Ahaadith, all the people in Heaven say is either "Greetings" or "Peace" or praising god. Not a very cool nightclub :p

But for him who feared the standing of his Lord are two gardens.
Full of varieties.
In them are two flowing springs.
In them are fruits of every kind, in pairs.
Reclining on furnishings lined with brocade, and the fruits of the two gardens are near at hand.
In them are maidens restraining their glances, untouched before by any man or jinn.
As though they were rubies and corals.
Is the reward of goodness anything but goodness?
And beneath them are two gardens.
Deep green.
In them are two gushing springs.
In them are fruits, and date-palms, and pomegranates.
In them are good and beautiful ones.
Companions, secluded in the tents.
Whom no human has touched before, nor jinn.
Reclining on green cushions, and exquisite carpets.

Quran 55. Note that I have to get rid of that repeated passages. Now I'll just throw around the words "virgin," "hot", "chicks", and "72" for no particular reason at all. Any similarity or relation to other existing person, event, or literature is purely coincidental. But I think this is starting to rail off from the topic, though I can understand some of the reasons the radicals are so motivated.

Welp, right here I think we can see why there's so much violence in islam. It preyed upon natural male instincts unlike Buddhism or taoism. You tell a bunch of young men who probably are almost all virgins themselves (because sexuality is treated like a disease where they're from) that they're gonna go to heaven where there's a bunch of virgin women, what do you think they're gonna do? Whatever sends them to the heaven full of beautiful virgins, which is by engaging in warfare.

Also how are there this many virgin women in heaven in islam? Exactly how many virgins had to die for this to be possible?

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:55 am

^ in this transcription we can t say it it tells about disposable virgins, nor it says about a pantagruelian banquet till you fall asleep, even of it doesn t deny it.

it tells to me we can say the same we do of poetry, somewhat it lets you read where your feelings bring you. furtherly, holy texts have more shelves of meaning.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 am

Phoenicaea wrote:^ in this transcription we can t say it it tells about disposable virgins, nor it says about a pantagruelian banquet till you fall asleep, even of it doesn t deny it.

it says to me we can say for it the same of poetry, somewhat lets you read where your feelings bring too. furtherly, holy texts all have more shelves of meaning.

So what you tryna say?

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:00 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Um, there's a shit ton of beautiful black haired and brown eyed Arab women my guy. You literally just described about half of the female middle eastern population right there. I will say this, if those are the women in heaven then I will gladly go up there, but besides that, Islam is definitely a middle eastern religion. So is Christianity and Judaism. The real religions of Europe are Greek and Roman paganism, odinism, Celtic druidism and whatever other polytheists existed back then in the continent.

This. Very, very much. ;^)

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 am

^@Rojava, it would be fair if a preacher told you literal reading is not the true meaning, that it is a depiction of goodness, that women depict kindness, and so.

what i wished to mean is resemblance with other holy books. in this, debate is about different choices of meanings, translations, as it was centuries ago for christianity.

then it seems quran is made of poetry, which allows it. Dante, John Locke, they drew from bible to show their thesis.

european debate was then precious logic, in front of meager, which seems to occur in islam. agree 'our' true habitat religion it s greco-roman, it s question the gods, epic, for us.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:36 am, edited 9 times in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 am

Phoenicaea wrote:^@Rojava, it would be fair if a preacher told you literal reading is not the true meaning, that it is a depiction of goodness, that women depict kindness, and so.

what i wished to mean is resemblance with other holy books. in this, debate is about different choices of meanings, translations, as it was centuries ago for christianity.

then it seems quran is made of poetry, which allows it. Dante, John Locke, they drew from bible to show their thesis.

european debate was then precious logic, in front of meager, which seems to occur in islam. agree 'our' true habitat religion it s greco-roman, it s question the gods, epic, for us.

So you're saying that the Quran is written like poetry and as such it's open to multiple interpretations, each of which is equally viable by this point because we don't know exactly what they had in mind over 1000 years ago

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am

Phoenicaea wrote:^@Rojava, it would be fair if a preacher told you literal reading is not the true meaning, that it is a depiction of goodness, that women depict kindness, and so.

Which segways us back into the topic of preventing radicalism, by liberally reinterpreting the holy texts to suit government worldview searching for its true meaning that promotes peace and love.

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:15 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

So you're saying that the Quran is written like poetry and as such it's open to multiple interpretations, each of which is equally viable by this point because we don't know exactly what they had in mind over 1000 years ago

Thing is many hadiths are quite straightforward in their wording ("if someone changes his religion, kill him"). Making it harder to conform with my Islam deradicalization list.

Solution: ISIS hates it! Use this one simple trick commonly used by moderate ulemas to reconform Islam when faced with unwinnable moral challenge: "It doesn't apply anymore".

Muhammad orders Muslims to kill dogs in Madinah (experts says it is to control disease or something). Then he reduce it to black dogs only, as they are literally satan. And overtime (this part is a bit unclear to me), in 2019 Muslims are not supposed to, you know, exterminate innocent dogs anymore as there are no merits on doing that.

Imagine applying the same logic to stoning, LGBT/non-muslim/ex-muslim persecution, child marriage, etc.

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:20 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

Thing is many hadiths are quite straightforward in their wording ("if someone changes his religion, kill him"). Making it harder to conform with my Islam deradicalization list.

Solution: ISIS hates it! Use this one simple trick commonly used by moderate ulemas to reconform Islam when faced with unwinnable moral challenge: "It doesn't apply anymore".

Muhammad orders Muslims to kill dogs in Madinah (experts says it is to control disease or something). Then he reduce it to black dogs only, as they are literally satan. And overtime (this part is a bit unclear to me), in 2019 Muslims are not supposed to, you know, exterminate innocent dogs anymore as there are no merits on doing that.

Imagine applying the same logic to stoning, LGBT/non-muslim/ex-muslim persecution, child marriage, etc.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A man suffered from thirst while he was walking on a journey. When he found a well, he climbed down into it and drank from it. Then he came out and saw a dog lolling its tongue from thirst and licking the ground. The man said: This dog has suffered thirst just as I have suffered from it. He climbed down into the well, filled his shoe with water, and caught it in his mouth as he climbed up. Then he gave the dog a drink. Allah appreciated this deed, so he forgave him.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, is there a reward for charity even for the animals?” The Prophet said, “Yes, in every creature with a moist liver is a reward for charity.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5663, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2244

Our Sharia is eternal, clear and will remain the same until the final hour.
Last edited by Khataiy on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 am

Khataiy wrote:
Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Thing is many hadiths are quite straightforward in their wording ("if someone changes his religion, kill him"). Making it harder to conform with my Islam deradicalization list.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A man suffered from thirst while he was walking on a journey. When he found a well, he climbed down into it and drank from it. Then he came out and saw a dog lolling its tongue from thirst and licking the ground. The man said: This dog has suffered thirst just as I have suffered from it. He climbed down into the well, filled his shoe with water, and caught it in his mouth as he climbed up. Then he gave the dog a drink. Allah appreciated this deed, so he forgave him.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, is there a reward for charity even for the animals?” The Prophet said, “Yes, in every creature with a moist liver is a reward for charity.”

So animals are treated better in the Quran than gay people, polytheists and apostates? Not that I hate dogs, since I do own one, but seriously something is wrong when you try to prove Islam is inherently peaceful but instead prove that Islam values the lives of even bugs more than it values other people's lives

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A man suffered from thirst while he was walking on a journey. When he found a well, he climbed down into it and drank from it. Then he came out and saw a dog lolling its tongue from thirst and licking the ground. The man said: This dog has suffered thirst just as I have suffered from it. He climbed down into the well, filled his shoe with water, and caught it in his mouth as he climbed up. Then he gave the dog a drink. Allah appreciated this deed, so he forgave him.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, is there a reward for charity even for the animals?” The Prophet said, “Yes, in every creature with a moist liver is a reward for charity.”

So animals are treated better in the Quran than gay people, polytheists and apostates? Not that I hate dogs, since I do own one, but seriously something is wrong when you try to prove Islam is inherently peaceful but instead prove that Islam values the lives of even bugs more than it values other people's lives

Yes we do not respect sin and vice.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 am

Which segways us back into the topic of preventing radicalism, by liberally reinterpreting the holy texts to suit government worldview searching for its true meaning that promotes peace and love.

Why don't we just build a time machine, go back to the 600s AD and ask Mohammed

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 am

Khataiy wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Yes we do not respect sin and vice.

>implying there's something wrong with two men being into each other or people not believing in what you believe

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General