NATION

PASSWORD

Prevent and why it's okay for young Muslims to be radical.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
ECKU wrote:So for those who oppose Prevent, what alternative(s) to de-radicalization do y'all think would benefit people?

How about 'don't make thought crimes in the first place?'

While I don't support arrests for grotesque ideas, in some cases radicals must be monitored for other's safety.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:26 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:How about 'don't make thought crimes in the first place?'

While I don't support arrests for grotesque ideas, in some cases radicals must be monitored for other's safety.

Here's an idea everybody. Sit your kids down and tell them that being a terrorist is no good.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

ECKU
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:30 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:While I don't support arrests for grotesque ideas, in some cases radicals must be monitored for other's safety.

Here's an idea everybody. Sit your kids down and tell them that being a terrorist is no good.

Sounds straightforward enough
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Chestaan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chestaan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:07 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Chestaan wrote:
That's not really for you to decide... If people want to be communists then we should let them make up their own mind.

And I have the right to make up mine.

Absolutely. But we're on a thread talking about whether or not being "radical" is acceptable so I assumed your response was about whether or not it is acceptable to be a communist.
Council Communist
TG me if you want to chat, especially about economics, you can never have enough discussions on economics.Especially game theory :)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Getting the Guillotine

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:In light of this, what is your opinion of Prevent? I believe it should be overhauled or abolished as it is by nature discriminatory and targets Muslims and is often overzealous.

Islamic radicalism is not okay and is a problem. Some ideas needs to be shot at (wait, ideas are bulletproof).

Tbh, any minority group need to be made part of one's community, else ISIS. One solution, that worked wonders in my country, is to have a national Muslim organization that a) is the representation of the majority of Muslims in the country and b) aligns with the state, meaning their task is to c) cherrypick Islamic teachings/making fatwas that align with the common national good.

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:In light of this, what is your opinion of Prevent? I believe it should be overhauled or abolished as it is by nature discriminatory and targets Muslims and is often overzealous.

Islamic radicalism is not okay and is a problem. Some ideas needs to be shot at (wait, ideas are bulletproof).

Tbh, any minority group need to be made part of one's community, else ISIS. One solution, that worked wonders in my country, is to have a national Muslim organization that a) is the representation of the majority of Muslims in the country and b) aligns with the state, meaning their task is to c) cherrypick Islamic teachings/making fatwas that align with the common national good.

That's no where need how Al-Islam works. We conform to Allah SWT, not the other way around.
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 pm

ECKU wrote:
Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Islamic radicalism is not okay and is a problem. Some ideas needs to be shot at (wait, ideas are bulletproof).

That's no where need how Al-Islam works. We conform to Allah SWT, not the other way around.

Again if you are to reside in a western democracy, you best get used to not being given special treatment because of your religious beliefs.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:41 pm

ECKU wrote:
Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Islamic radicalism is not okay and is a problem. Some ideas needs to be shot at (wait, ideas are bulletproof).

Example. There are 3 sources of laws in Islam: Al Quran, Hadith, and ulema consensus. Well, the national muslim organization should be made out of the best ulemas, whose opinion is regarded higher than, say, me or you. It just a coincidence that their consensus usually if not always aligns with state policies.

Again, the goal is to prevent radicalism. Moderate muslim organizations (example) should flourish and benefit the muslim community, while radicals and their top figures should be gradually cracked down and die in a whimper (example).
Last edited by Wunderstrafanstalt on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:42 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
ECKU wrote:This thread is about Prevent, not religion.

Which focuses on religious radicalism and extremism.

And therefore is NOT a hijack, and DOES NOT belong in the IDT.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:
ECKU wrote:That's no where need how Al-Islam works. We conform to Allah SWT, not the other way around.

Example. There are 3 sources of laws in Islam: Al Quran, Hadith, and ulema consensus. Well, the national muslim organization should be made out of the best ulemas, whose opinion is regarded higher than, say, me or you. It just a coincidence that their consensus usually if not always aligns with state policies.

Again, the goal is to prevent radicalism. Moderate muslim organizations (example) should flourish and benefit the muslim community, while radicals and their top figures should be gradually cracked down and die in a whimper (example).

Well now you're saying something else. Either the national 'Ulama are actually guiding the nation by Al-Islam - what this post of yours is saying - or the national 'Ulama is only reflecting human interests - which is what your 1st post said. Which one is it?

Also, Hizbut-Tahrir isn't radical afaik. And we don't need "moderate" Muslims anymore than we need "radical" Muslims. All we need in this Ummah - besides Allah SWT - are Muslims who are knowledgeable of the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah to guide us.
Last edited by ECKU on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 pm

ECKU wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:"Unjust" in the Islamic sense? That is, stonings are OK?

Stonings aren't part of Al-Islam. Ans even if they were non-Muslims wouldn't be subject go them. But yes, "unjust" in the Islamic sense.

Stoning is a common method for carrying out capital punishment in Islam along with beheading. Death fall is sometimes. Crucifixion only in a few cases.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
ECKU wrote:Stonings aren't part of Al-Islam. Ans even if they were non-Muslims wouldn't be subject go them. But yes, "unjust" in the Islamic sense.

Stoning is a common method for carrying out capital punishment in Islam along with beheading. Death fall is sometimes. Crucifixion only in a few cases.

I have not seen any daleel for stoning.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

ECKU wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Stoning is a common method for carrying out capital punishment in Islam along with beheading. Death fall is sometimes. Crucifixion only in a few cases.

I have not seen any daleel for stoning.

What do you believe is the correct method?
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
ECKU wrote:I have not seen any daleel for stoning.

What do you believe is the correct method?

Not stoning. Allah SWT already allowed for certain punishments that are clearly in the Holy Qur'an.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
ECKU wrote:Stonings aren't part of Al-Islam. Ans even if they were non-Muslims wouldn't be subject go them. But yes, "unjust" in the Islamic sense.

Which are not st all about to be permitted in the west.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:55 pm

ECKU wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:What do you believe is the correct method?

Not stoning. Allah SWT already allowed for certain punishments that are clearly in the Holy Qur'an.

How
Do
You
Believe
The
Prophet
Put
People
To
Death?
Ifreann wrote:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Radicalization is problematic, no matter who’s engaging in it.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Stoning is a common method for carrying out capital punishment in Islam along with beheading. Death fall is sometimes. Crucifixion only in a few cases.

Which are not st all about to be permitted in the west.

Hanafis would probably say using another method in the West due to cultural concerns would definitely fine.
Ifreann wrote:

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
ECKU wrote:Not stoning. Allah SWT already allowed for certain punishments that are clearly in the Holy Qur'an.

How
Do
You
Believe
The
Prophet
Put
People
To
Death?

Oooooh. Either this or other means that the Sunnah says.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Abolishing religious laws in general sound much more preferable.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:Which are not st all about to be permitted in the west.

Hanafis would probably say using another method in the West due to cultural concerns would definitely fine.

Yes, they should probably he subject to the legal punishments that everyone else is and not be exempt from protections against capital punishment or punishment that is cruel and unusual.
Last edited by Highever on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Hanafis would probably say using another method in the West due to cultural concerns would definitely fine.

Yes, they should probably he subject to the legal punishments that everyone else is and not be exempt from protections against capital punishment or punishment that is cruel and unusual.

What punishment are you talking about that's cruel and unusual?

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:01 pm

ECKU wrote:
Highever wrote:Yes, they should probably he subject to the legal punishments that everyone else is and not be exempt from protections against capital punishment or punishment that is cruel and unusual.

What punishment are you talking about that's cruel and unusual?

Probably the slow excruciating, torturous death of being hung from wood until you expire that is often made into public spectacle.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:02 pm

ECKU wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:How
Do
You
Believe
The
Prophet
Put
People
To
Death?

Oooooh. Either this or other means that the Sunnah says.

Crucifixion is for warlordism, not regular cases.
Ifreann wrote:

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Highever wrote:
ECKU wrote:What punishment are you talking about that's cruel and unusual?

Probably the slow excruciating, torturous death of being hung from wood until you expire that is often made into public spectacle.

Crucifixion doesn't have to be slow. Saudi Arabia executes their prisoners before crucifixion.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General