NATION

PASSWORD

Prevent and why it's okay for young Muslims to be radical.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:14 pm

ECKU wrote:
Genivaria wrote:And the Pope isn't the leader of the Catholic Church.

Don't p*ss in my ear and tell me it's raining.

1: Catholicism =/= Al-Islam
2: That paragraph doesn't counter my point.

Yes and it does actually, sorry that my point went over your head.

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Khataiy wrote:
Highever wrote:If it is in the United States at least, this advocacy for a separate religious court or otherwise allowing one religion to police itself completely violates the establishment clause. In other nations, it seems to completely violate equal protection.

Yet again, the law allows for private arbitration in this manner it doesn't matter if its Islamic or not, you could go to a "court" that claims justice based on Martian legalism and it'd be okay as it is a civil case where two parties mutually agreed to arbitration of their case in this fashion, if this was actually the case Judge Judy would be out of the job.

In civil cases that allow private arbitration and both parties are Muslim, I do not think that necessarily violates anything. Having one religion have its own official criminal court along side the US court system however, is not at all valid under the Constitution.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

ECKU
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Alien Overlord wrote:
ECKU wrote:No one said that a country should abandon its kufr.

Hence why I said there should be reform.

What are you talking about? And what's with the "little"?

Caliphs aren't the head of Al-Islam.

I can admit that i don't know everything there is to know about Islam. So if i am wrong then forgive my arrogance, but from what research i have done in the past and reading i am doing right now, it would seem that the Caliph is the leader of the Sunni Islam faith. And that this was recognized at the time by those living in the Ottoman Empire and elsewhere. Please inform me how i am wrong-if in fact i am.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=462608&p=35936940#p35936940
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Highever wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Yet again, the law allows for private arbitration in this manner it doesn't matter if its Islamic or not, you could go to a "court" that claims justice based on Martian legalism and it'd be okay as it is a civil case where two parties mutually agreed to arbitration of their case in this fashion, if this was actually the case Judge Judy would be out of the job.

In civil cases that allow private arbitration and both parties are Muslim, I do not think that necessarily violates anything. Having one religion have its own official criminal court along side the US court system however, is not at all valid under the Constitution.

Understandable, I agree, and I actually said this, there is no practical reason for it in the west.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Genivaria wrote:
ECKU wrote:1: Catholicism =/= Al-Islam
2: That paragraph doesn't counter my point.

Yes and it does actually, sorry that my point went over your head.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=462608&p=35936948#p35936948
Anybody who says that I support non-Islamic slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, rape, domestic violence, terrorism, pedophilia, killing homosexuals, hating Jews, etc is lying.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Khataiy wrote:
Highever wrote:In civil cases that allow private arbitration and both parties are Muslim, I do not think that necessarily violates anything. Having one religion have its own official criminal court along side the US court system however, is not at all valid under the Constitution.

Understandable, I agree, and I actually said this, there is no practical reason for it in the west.

Most other western democracies have similar provisions like the establishment clause as well. Regardless, precisely. If two private parties in a civil suit want to go that way it should be fine, so long as nothing violates any laws of the country or state.

Though I think there may be some issues in some cases, such as divorce.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Discussion of a Caliph belong in the IDT, not here. Sorry for the threadjack.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Highever wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Understandable, I agree, and I actually said this, there is no practical reason for it in the west.

Most other western democracies have similar provisions like the establishment clause as well. Regardless, precisely. If two private parties in a civil suit want to go that way it should be fine, so long as nothing violates any laws of the country or state.

This is my exact view and what I am saying.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Khataiy wrote:
Highever wrote:Most other western democracies have similar provisions like the establishment clause as well. Regardless, precisely. If two private parties in a civil suit want to go that way it should be fine, so long as nothing violates any laws of the country or state.

This is my exact view and what I am saying.

Yes I know, I was trying to state that I agree with you, my bad.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Highever wrote:
Khataiy wrote:This is my exact view and what I am saying.

Yes I know, I was trying to state that I agree with you, my bad.

No problem.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Kernel hated Islam and banned the hijab

Who is Kernel? And that doesn't change the fact that non-Muslim were in practicality considered second class citizens and were not at all equal, being insultingly called gavours and being unable to testify in court. Nor does it somehow make the Hamidiye not a thing, which were created specifically to harass and murder non-Muslims and in particular Armenians. Pretty much everything leading up to the actual Genocide was largely due to religious differences of the Armenians.

Kernel is what autocorrect did to Kermal. Ethnic differences. Only tenuously connected to religion, like Jews in Nazi Germany. Kermal was a non Muslim.
Last edited by Al Mumtahanah on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:Who is Kernel? And that doesn't change the fact that non-Muslim were in practicality considered second class citizens and were not at all equal, being insultingly called gavours and being unable to testify in court. Nor does it somehow make the Hamidiye not a thing, which were created specifically to harass and murder non-Muslims and in particular Armenians. Pretty much everything leading up to the actual Genocide was largely due to religious differences of the Armenians.

Kernel is what autocorrect did to Kermal. Ethnic differences. Only tenuously connected to religion, like Jews in Nazi Germany. Kermal was a non Muslim.

You mean Kemal?

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:Who is Kernel? And that doesn't change the fact that non-Muslim were in practicality considered second class citizens and were not at all equal, being insultingly called gavours and being unable to testify in court. Nor does it somehow make the Hamidiye not a thing, which were created specifically to harass and murder non-Muslims and in particular Armenians. Pretty much everything leading up to the actual Genocide was largely due to religious differences of the Armenians.

Some even say he was an Atheist, I've even heard claims he was Christian albeit an irreleigious one.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 pm

ECKU wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Kernel is what autocorrect did to Kermal. Ethnic differences. Only tenuously connected to religion, like Jews in Nazi Germany. Kermal was a non Muslim.

You mean Kemal?

Yeah
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Khataiy wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Kernel is what autocorrect did to Kermal. Ethnic differences. Only tenuously connected to religion, like Jews in Nazi Germany. Kermal was a non Muslim.

Some even say he was an Atheist, I've even heard claims he was Christian albeit an irreleigious one.

Yes so to the his movement to Islam is crazy, he was as staunch an enemy of Islam as Churchill.
Ifreann wrote:

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:

The Armenian Genocide began long before Kemal was any sort of factor outside of being a military commander. Even more, genocide of Armenians before The Armenian Genocide began even longer before.

Your stipulation was that secular nationalism was the primary factor in what lead to and caused the Armenian genocide, which is completely false. Religion was what first soured Ottoman views of Armenians and led to early discrimination and oppression and later on widespread murder of Armenians. The Young Turks continued the long standing attacks on the Armenians, but for their own reasons.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

ECKU
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby ECKU » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Some even say he was an Atheist, I've even heard claims he was Christian albeit an irreleigious one.

Yes so to the his movement to Islam is crazy, he was as staunch an enemy of Islam as Churchill.

Idk much about Churchill's views on Al-Islam beyond that (in)famous quite of his, but yeah, Kemal was a DHaalim that should never have been leader.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Highever wrote:

The Armenian Genocide began long before Kemal was any sort of factor outside of being a military commander. Even more, genocide of Armenians before The Armenian Genocide began even longer before.

Your stipulation was that secular nationalism was the primary factor in what lead to and caused the Armenian genocide, which is completely false. Religion was what first soured Ottoman views of Armenians and led to early discrimination and oppression and later on widespread murder of Armenians. The Young Turks continued the long standing attacks on the Armenians, but for their own reasons.

The Ottomans ruled a lot of Christians (more than Muslims for most of their history) for hundreds of years, then suddenly the secular nationalists tstar taking over and want ethnic purity within a decade and it's because of Islam?
Ifreann wrote:

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:The Armenian Genocide began long before Kemal was any sort of factor outside of being a military commander. Even more, genocide of Armenians before The Armenian Genocide began even longer before.

The Ottomans ruled a lot of Christians (more than Muslims for most of their history) for hundreds of years, then suddenly the secular nationalists tstar taking over and want ethnic purity within a decade and it's because of Islam?

In part, yes. Or more generally, religious intolerance. At least the events that occured prior to 1918.

Unless you can somehow pin the Hamidian Massacres on the Young Turks who were not a thing for another decade, and which was perpetrated by Sultan Absul Hamid II specifically to enforce pan-Islamism.
Last edited by Highever on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Also, you are acting as if the Ottomans never did anything to its religious minorities in any of its history before the Armenian genocide which is...laughably false.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote: The Ottomans ruled a lot of Christians (more than Muslims for most of their history) for hundreds of years, then suddenly the secular nationalists tstar taking over and want ethnic purity within a decade and it's because of Islam?

In part, yes. Or more generally, religious intolerance. At least the events that occured prior to 1918.

Unless you can somehow pin the Hamidian Massacres on the Young Turks who were not a thing for another decade, and which was perpetrated by Sultan Absul Hamid II specifically to enforce pan-Islamism.

No, I wouldn't pin it on them, but I wouldn't say the Holocaust was religiously motivated just because earlier pogroms against Jews were.
Ifreann wrote:

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Highever wrote:Also, you are acting as if the Ottomans never did anything to its religious minorities in any of its history before the Armenian genocide which is...laughably false.

Make no mistake: I hate the Ottoman Empire, they were brutal and evil and treated even Muslims horrendously, which is why the Arabs rebelled.
Last edited by Al Mumtahanah on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifreann wrote:

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:In part, yes. Or more generally, religious intolerance. At least the events that occured prior to 1918.

No, I wouldn't pin it on them, but I wouldn't say the Holocaust was religiously motivated just because earlier pogroms against Jews were.

I have already said that after 1918, the Armenian genocide that was continued by the newly independent Turkey was done so for its own reasons. Your original stipulation was that the sole cause and reason that lead to the Armenian Genocide was entirely secular nationalism. And that is not at all true.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:Also, you are acting as if the Ottomans never did anything to its religious minorities in any of its history before the Armenian genocide which is...laughably false.

Make no mistake: I hate the Ottoman Empire, they were brutal and evil and treated even Muslims horrendously, which is why the Arabs rebelled.

Then the fact that you implied there was never any sort of tensions or issues in the Ottoman Empire regarding its religious minorities until the Armenian Genocide is indeed puzzling. Though I am sure it is just me talking, but this statement of yours makes it seem like it doesn't truly matter what they did to other religions and minorities until they started actions against the Arabs.
Last edited by Highever on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:05 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:

Turkey has a history of treating its minorities like crap. Mass killing Armenians, Greeks and chaldeans. Burning down Albanian villages. Shelling Kurdish cities and aiming for civilians centers. This is just Turkish history right here
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General