NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread X: Boris' Big Bonkers Brexit Bash

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favoured form of brexit?

Mays deal
5%
EFTA
6%
Some other sort of deal (please elaborate in the comments)
4%
Mays deal without Irish backstop
2%
No deal
23%
No deal+ (no deal minus NI and Scotland)
4%
I want a second referendum
37%
Revoke article 50 without even calling a referendum
19%

Total votes : 562

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 am

When feminists seize control over the definition of a word [rape] while still maintaining the connotations of that word [terrible heinousity], they are more or less able to use it as a very blunt weapon to strike any person they don't like and they're able to blur the lines of what are basically not that heinous crimes and use this power to demolish men in the public image. Kevin Spacey for instance.

Kevin Spacey has never been found guilty of a crime in a court of law and that means for us, if we want to pretend to live in civilisation, he isn't guilty. He didn't do anything wrong. Except his career and life has been ruined by allegations that he tried to grab someone's balls a few times or whatever. Quickly he suffers from the Weinstein effect and becomes a victim of the 'MeToo' movement without ever having committed a crime. He is now, in the public eye, a rapist, ie he is the same thing as a Bosnian Serb war criminal.

Is this just? Is this a good idea?

Feminists pose their power to re-interpret rape laws as being something for justice for victims when in reality it's a weapon used to intimidate men. Their cultural opponents have nothing to say about this except 'women can rape men too', a logically flawed and completely ludicrous concept that nobody can take seriously - except that we have now completely redefined the meaning of the word rape, so that this idiocy becomes accepted.

This is why seditious and dishonest politicians, and worse, journalists, should keep their hands off the criminal law and the job of interpreting what is a crime and what isn't should be left to professionals - judges - as it was for fifty generations. Every time the law is weaponised, a little piece of our liberty dies, permanently and irreversibly, to our detriment and the detriment of our posterity.
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:20 am

In fact the total weaponisation, ie politicisation, ie amateurisation of criminal law has more or less eliminated any kind of justice in this country. It's more or less impossible to get anything approaching justice.

Platypus Bureaucracy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Platypus Bureaucracy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 am

God, can't you lot just sod off and make a"Manospheric Bitching Thread"?
Platypus of the non-venomous, egg-laying variety
Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:I will never stop being a gay platypus.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Ostroeuropa wrote:"Can we just eat SOME of the rich?"

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 am

Does Florida, where Prince Andrew was originally charged, use the term 'rape'?
Everything is intertwinkled

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 am

Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:God, can't you lot just sod off and make a"Manospheric Bitching Thread"?
Implying I am part of the 'manosphere' or a 'meninist' LOL

Anyway what I said pertains directly to our country because it is what has happened to our courts and politics, and the topic was begun because of accusations against Prince Andrew, so it doesn't need to go in another thread.
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:32 am

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:33 am

Interesting, maybe they will recover it

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:39 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:When feminists seize control over the definition of a word [rape] while still maintaining the connotations of that word [terrible heinousity], they are more or less able to use it as a very blunt weapon to strike any person they don't like and they're able to blur the lines of what are basically not that heinous crimes and use this power to demolish men in the public image. Kevin Spacey for instance.

Kevin Spacey has never been found guilty of a crime in a court of law and that means for us, if we want to pretend to live in civilisation, he isn't guilty. He didn't do anything wrong. Except his career and life has been ruined by allegations that he tried to grab someone's balls a few times or whatever. Quickly he suffers from the Weinstein effect and becomes a victim of the 'MeToo' movement without ever having committed a crime. He is now, in the public eye, a rapist, ie he is the same thing as a Bosnian Serb war criminal.

Is this just? Is this a good idea?

Feminists pose their power to re-interpret rape laws as being something for justice for victims when in reality it's a weapon used to intimidate men. Their cultural opponents have nothing to say about this except 'women can rape men too', a logically flawed and completely ludicrous concept that nobody can take seriously - except that we have now completely redefined the meaning of the word rape, so that this idiocy becomes accepted.

This is why seditious and dishonest politicians, and worse, journalists, should keep their hands off the criminal law and the job of interpreting what is a crime and what isn't should be left to professionals - judges - as it was for fifty generations. Every time the law is weaponised, a little piece of our liberty dies, permanently and irreversibly, to our detriment and the detriment of our posterity.

That is what happens when you are in the public eye. It will have lasting effects. Especially since the accusations were against males.

What you are asking for, which I agree with, is a meritocracy. Sadly, not many people wish to see this happen.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am

I don't see how you can say I was asking for 'meritocracy' based on that.

Yes of course if you are in the public eye, your fall from grace will be harder than you or I. But ultimately both you and I are at equal risk [as famous people.]
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:41 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:I don't see how you can say I was asking for 'meritocracy' based on that.

Yes of course if you are in the public eye, your fall from grace will be harder than you or I. But ultimately both you and I are at equal risk [as famous people.]

Might have just seemed like it to me. Especially since evidence and knowledge is key in a meritocracy, but I digress.

Well, perhaps, we will never know.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 am

Celritannia wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:I don't see how you can say I was asking for 'meritocracy' based on that.

Might have just seemed like it to me. Especially since evidence and knowledge is key in a meritocracy, but I digress.

Well, perhaps, we will never know.
Youre kind of right. A self selecting judiciary is basically meritocratic. Parliament making laws is weaponisation.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Platypus Bureaucracy wrote:God, can't you lot just sod off and make a"Manospheric Bitching Thread"?

So around 45% of young men in the UK have concluded feminism is a hate movement, as well as 25% of young women, according to a recent poll commissioned by "Hope not hate".

This is 40% more than call themselves feminists on the male side, and 5% more than call themselves feminist on the female side.

Anti-feminists comprise about 33% of the population, up significantly from a few years ago where it was 7%.
Feminists comprise around 20% of the population.

This should also be viewed in conjunction with the polls showing 66% of British people think feminism needs to stop. (Suggesting a "Peak feminism" support of around 34% theoretically.).

Naturally the people who commissioned the poll have gone batshit, claiming it is evidence of a far-right surge, rather than evidence the MRM and others are gaining ground in its arguments against feminism.

47% of the population apparently don't care enough to commit either way on whether feminism is a hate movement, but that in itself is good news for anti-feminists given that implies a total lack of mandate for feminist attempts to monopolize the cultural discourse on equality. Especially when, again, considered in conjunction with the two-thirds of British society who think feminism needs to end. A significantly more popular proposal than Brexit. We're getting rid of the wrong administrators and politicians. We should stay in Europe, and sack all the feminists, it's a more agreeable proposal.

The reason it doesn't happen is the aforementioned group of feminists?

Overwhelmingly white, upper-middle class women. In a society like ours, that affords them extremely disproportionate influence. Despite the media portrayal of it as a young, revolutionary or grassroots movement, it is extremely institutionalized and old. (Indeed, middle aged women are more likely to call themselves feminists than women under 30.).

The polling over the last decade or so also suggests that feminism has peaked out in terms of support despite the institutional push to get it mainstreamed, it remains static in terms of support with occasional collapses. Anti-feminism meanwhile has ticked steadily upwards.

Once Brexit is dealt with, the next big social issue could well be anti-feminism. There's two ways that goes down:

1. Pro-MRM
2. Pure Anti-Feminism.

The former would involve either increased government spending or redirecting money going into womens groups partially to mens groups. The latter would just mean cutting funding to womens groups, which can then probably be laundered off to the ultra-rich.

Given the trajectory of the country, I expect the latter will take hold unless the MRM becomes mainstreamed. Moreover, assuming Brexit actually happens (big if), feminism will suffer a major blow due to EU funding for feminist projects, propaganda and so on, as well as laws and court rulings (if we also leave the European court) obliging the UK toward upholding a feminist agenda on several issues.

Feminism seems reliant on a monopoly of legitimized discourse, and cannot/will not survive in a space where debate and alternative viewpoints are also aired. Less funds from the EU might well be the breaking point.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Brexit party MEP called for EU fishing vessels to be 'sunk like Belgrano'

Did no one tell them that's literally an act of war?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Vassenor wrote:Brexit party MEP called for EU fishing vessels to be 'sunk like Belgrano'

Did no one tell them that's literally an act of war?

They do not care, their true colours have been extremely vibrant since the beginning. Their supporters will not care either as they are complete sycophants.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

So around 45% of young men in the UK have concluded feminism is a hate movement, as well as 25% of young women, according to a recent poll commissioned by "Hope not hate".

This is 40% more than call themselves feminists on the male side, and 5% more than call themselves feminist on the female side.

Anti-feminists comprise about 33% of the population, up significantly from a few years ago where it was 7%.

This should also be viewed in conjunction with the polls showing 66% of British people think feminism needs to stop. (Suggesting a "Peak feminism" support of around 34% theoretically.).

Naturally the people who commissioned the poll have gone batshit, claiming it is evidence of a far-right surge, rather than evidence the MRM and others are gaining ground in its arguments against feminism.

47% of the population apparently don't care enough to commit either way on whether feminism is a hate movement, but that in itself is good news for anti-feminists given that implies a total lack of mandate for feminist attempts to monopolize the cultural discourse on equality. Especially when, again, considered in conjunction with the two-thirds of British society who think feminism needs to end. A significantly more popular proposal than Brexit. We're getting rid of the wrong administrators and politicians. We should stay in Europe, and sack all the feminists, it's a more agreeable proposal.

Overwhelmingly white, upper-middle class women. In a society like ours, that affords them extremely disproportionate influence. Despite the media portrayal of it as a young, revolutionary or grassroots movement, it is extremely institutionalized and old. (Indeed, middle aged women are more likely to call themselves feminists than women under 30.).

The polling over the last decade or so also suggests that feminism has peaked out in terms of support despite the institutional push to get it mainstreamed, it remains static in terms of support with occasional collapses. Anti-feminism meanwhile has ticked steadily upwards.

Once Brexit is dealt with, the next big social issue could well be anti-feminism. There's two ways that goes down:

1. Pro-MRM
2. Pure Anti-Feminism.

The former would involve either increased government spending or redirecting money going into womens groups partially to mens groups. The latter would just mean cutting funding to womens groups, which can then probably be laundered off to the ultra-rich.

Given the trajectory of the country, I expect the latter will take hold unless the MRM becomes mainstreamed. Moreover, assuming Brexit actually happens (big if), feminism will suffer a major blow due to EU funding for feminist projects, propaganda and so on, as well as laws and court rulings (if we also leave the European court) obliging the UK toward upholding a feminist agenda on several issues.

Feminism seems reliant on a monopoly of legitimized discourse, and cannot/will not survive in a space where debate and alternative viewpoints are also aired. Less funds from the EU might well be the breaking point.
I love your posts because they're 80% right for 80% the wrong reasons.

Feminism (and meninism, feminisms little brother) are death sentences for a civilisation. It will be, and has been, and is, a big issue, but it is not recognised as such.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

1. Pro-MRM
2. Pure Anti-Feminism.

Feminism (and meninism, feminisms little brother) are death sentences for a civilisation. It will be, and has been, and is, a big issue, but it is not recognised as such.

Feminism isn't bad.
Like any group, there are many different types of people.
Last edited by Celritannia on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Feminism isn't bad.
Feminism is like prosecco. Disgusting, but everyone drinks it anyway.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Celritannia wrote:Feminism isn't bad.
Feminism is like prosecco. Disgusting, but everyone drinks it anyway.

Then you don't understand feminism if you only see the bad of it.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Boris Johnson did not have a good time in that sun/talkradio debate today.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Boris Johnson did not have a good time in that sun/talkradio debate today.

Is that the one where he miserably failed on GATT 1994 knowledge?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Boris Johnson did not have a good time in that sun/talkradio debate today.

Is that the one where he miserably failed on GATT 1994 knowledge?

I mustn't have got that far, gave up about halfway through. It was the one today.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:51 pm

it's almost like boris jonhson is some kind of bufoon
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Souseiseki wrote:it's almost like boris jonhson is some kind of bufoon

Who'd have thunk it?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Souseiseki wrote:it's almost like boris jonhson is some kind of bufoon

HES A LAUGH THOUGH MATE ISNT HE HAHAHAHAH.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You've heard the laugh.
That laugh.
The one those types do.

When you imagine the future Sous, imagine that pint-holding gentleman laughing that exact laugh in our countries face, forever until even worse shenanigans occur that makes us wish we were back here.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General