NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread X: Boris' Big Bonkers Brexit Bash

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favoured form of brexit?

Mays deal
5%
EFTA
6%
Some other sort of deal (please elaborate in the comments)
4%
Mays deal without Irish backstop
2%
No deal
23%
No deal+ (no deal minus NI and Scotland)
4%
I want a second referendum
37%
Revoke article 50 without even calling a referendum
19%

Total votes : 562

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The Wasatch wrote:Quite true. We need law and regulation to ensure that the freedom you enjoy and the life you are entitled to does not impede others.

There's no obligation on me to give a flying fuck about your life and good health. Don't try to protect mine, I won't try to protect yours.

So are you two now permitted to murder eachother or what? Is putting bullets in people's heads now permitted according to Ancap theology?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:59 pm

The Wasatch wrote:Quite true. We need law and regulation to ensure that the freedom you enjoy and the life you are entitled to does not impede others.

There's no obligation on me to give a flying fuck about your life and good health. Don't try to protect mine, I won't try to protect yours.

Boy you really are into this whole "Fuck everything i wana see it burn" shtick arnt you.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:04 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:There's no obligation on me to give a flying fuck about your life and good health. Don't try to protect mine, I won't try to protect yours.

Boy you really are into this whole "Fuck everything i wana see it burn" shtick arnt you.

He wants the NHS dismantled, so par for the course.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm

If that's the case, you don't need any assistance due to your impaired vision to help you live a normal life like everyone else.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Boy you really are into this whole "Fuck everything i wana see it burn" shtick arnt you.

He wants the NHS dismantled, so par for the course.

And thankfully, the almost 95% of the UK population do not.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:There's no obligation on me to give a flying fuck about your life and good health. Don't try to protect mine, I won't try to protect yours.

If that's the case, you don't need any assistance due to your impaired vision to help you live a normal life like everyone else.

Like what? I don't claim benefits, I don't have a bus pass, I use private healthcare, I take very very little from the state.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Like what? I don't claim benefits, I don't have a bus pass, I use private healthcare, I take very very little from the state.

Not an option for most people.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Why are we arguing with an Ancap theologian again? How's BoJo's Hulktm'ing and burning ship going?

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Like what? I don't claim benefits, I don't have a bus pass, I use private healthcare, I take very very little from the state.

Not an option for most people.

That must be sad for them.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Why are we arguing with an Ancap theologian again? How's BoJo's Hulktm'ing and burning ship going?

Nothing important, ask again in November. :lol:
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Why are we arguing with an Ancap theologian again? How's BoJo's Hulktm'ing and burning ship going?

Beautifully.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:13 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Not an option for most people.

That must be sad for them.

And yet you want to abolish the NHS, which would be even sadder for them.

Wave on, wave on

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:That must be sad for them.

And yet you want to abolish the NHS, which would be even sadder for them.

I've lost my violin, can you help me look for it please? It's that really tiny one.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

The New California Republic wrote:And yet you want to abolish the NHS, which would be even sadder for them.

I've lost my violin, can you help me look for it please? It's that really tiny one.

Your total lack of concern for anyone except yourself is truly abhorrent.

Wave on, wave on

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I've lost my violin, can you help me look for it please? It's that really tiny one.

Your total lack of concern for anyone except yourself is truly abhorrent.

There are those I care about, and I don't actually wish anybody comes to harm.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Celritannia wrote:

But taxes pay for noise emitting traffic lights, information board recordings, brail timetables, etc.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:17 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Your total lack of concern for anyone except yourself is truly abhorrent.

But that's exactly what'd happen by abolishing the NHS; so yes, you kinda do...

Wave on, wave on

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:17 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Your total lack of concern for anyone except yourself is truly abhorrent.

Which is why we have an NHS.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:There are those I care about, and I don't actually wish anybody comes to harm.

Why not just pay your own way? You don't need the government to tell you how to spend your money.

The Wasatch
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wasatch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 pm

As an American, I can tell you that there are no upsides to privatized healthcare that you can't get in another nation, other than maybe that American placebos are more powerful.
Pretty much Lawful Neutral. Maybe Lawful Good.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Why not just pay your own way?

Because many people can't.

Wave on, wave on

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:29 pm

And yet you want the NHS dismantled, you want the UK to basically implode and go up in flames and you dont give a toss about the deteriorating condition of the environment.

Okay, sure.

Celritannia wrote:

Why not just pay your own way? You don't need the government to tell you how to spend your money.
That is not an option for most people.

But i guess thats sad for them.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Oh boy, time to learn about the tragedy of the commons.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Yes, how about we all then pay private road and pavement guards before letting us the next few miles or so on foot, or keep up payments for a private fire service even if we never have a fire.
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Celritannia wrote:

Move to PRC. Enjoy having to meet toll booths on highways every single kilometre.

MT/MagicT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General