NATION

PASSWORD

Transgender Peaceful Protest Advocate Kept in Men's Prison

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:53 am

Last edited by Nakena on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fascist Soyouso
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Soyouso » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Hey it's OP, here's an update!:

Malak al-Kashef has been released from the prison, in part because of people sending in faxes requesting for her release. She is still awaiting investigation, but this is certainly good news! I'll post Amnesty International's update when it is released.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Fascist Soyouso wrote:Hey it's OP, here's an update!:

Malak al-Kashef has been released from the prison, in part because of people sending in faxes requesting for her release. She is still awaiting investigation, but this is certainly good news! I'll post Amnesty International's update when it is released.

That is very good news. I hope she gets out of the trouble soon and some country giving her a place to stay outside of Egypt so she can live in peace and freedom.
Last edited by Nakena on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Nakena wrote:
Fascist Soyouso wrote:Hey it's OP, here's an update!:

That is very good news. I hope she gets out of the trouble soon and some country giving her a place to stay outside of Egypt so she can live in peace and freedom.

I need to learn how to send a fax.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Springfeal
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Springfeal » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 pm

I would rather have him put in male prison than risk having him rape women in a female prison. As I woman, I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a prison with some.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-for-life
Last edited by Springfeal on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Springfeal wrote:I would rather have him put in male prison than risk having him rape women in a female prison. As I woman, I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a prison with some.

What if she's straight, then what'd happen to your bullshit TERF narrative?
By the way, it's quite misogynist of you to assume only people with a penis can rape wymyn.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:08 am

Grenartia wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Sometimes the old fashioned methods are working best.
Last edited by Nakena on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Springfeal wrote:I would rather have him put in male prison than risk having him rape women in a female prison. As I woman, I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a prison with some.

What if she's straight, then what'd happen to your bullshit TERF narrative?
By the way, it's quite misogynist of you to assume only people with a penis can rape wymyn.

Also, why no concern over her being raped by the men in a male prison?

Or is rape only bad when certain people are victims of it?

Nakena wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Sometimes the old fashioned methods are working best.

Yeah, but at the same time, its not practical to flood their physical mailbox with letters, or inundate their landlines with phone calls.
Last edited by Grenartia on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Fascist Soyouso
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Soyouso » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 am

So, let me get this straight. Because you believe in the myth that trans women only want to go into female spaces to rape other women, you would rather have her be put into a situation where she is almost guaranteed to be raped, after she's already been sexually assaulted by staff via "investigation for a debaucherous lifestyle" (AKA an anal exam). That's just cruel. Especially since you can disagree with the notion that she belongs in female spaces while still understanding the danger she'd be in in a men's prison.

Like, even if you consider her a man no matter what, your prejudice isn't a good enough reason to put anyone into that situation. Fuck that noise.

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Why would you automatically assume she'd rape anyone?
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Cappuccina wrote:

Why would you automatically assume she'd rape anyone?

*cough* transmisogyny *cough*

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Why would you automatically assume she'd rape anyone?

*cough* transmisogyny *cough*

Eh, I guess. It's a pretty ignorant assumption regardless of what it's called, cis people can rape eachother too....hell we even joke about people going to prison and becoming someone's bitch.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:07 pm

I consider this exactly as intolerable as any hate speech arrest. Freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and freedom of speech should be inviolable except in exceedingly narrow categories where the direct threat of serious harm exists.
Grenartia wrote:

Sounds like everyone's agreed that either men or males are rapists and the only discussion to be had is in whether it's your gender or biological sex that makes you a rapist. And any discussion, of course, falls apart if we talk about transgender men being placed in male prisons.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Des-Bal wrote:I consider this exactly as intolerable as any hate speech arrest. Freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, and freedom of speech should be inviolable except in exceedingly narrow categories where the direct threat of serious harm exists.
Grenartia wrote:

Sounds like everyone's agreed that either men or males are rapists and the only discussion to be had is in whether it's your gender or biological sex that makes you a rapist. And any discussion, of course, falls apart if we talk about transgender men being placed in male prisons.

If you'd actually read my post on this exact same page, you'd see that's not the case.
Cekoviu wrote:By the way, it's quite misogynist of you to assume only people with a penis can rape wymyn.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General