NATION

PASSWORD

Weather Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Realm of Platinum
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Platinum » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

I'd like a climate like Sapporo or Belgrade

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Grenartia wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Odd, they are reporting it as a distinct possibility here in the UK.

I have no idea why. The storm surge is over a dozen feet lower than Katrina. There has been an overtopping in Plaquemines Parish, which is a bit southwest of NOLA proper, but it's downstream of the city, and is generally not as well maintained as the levee system protecting the city proper and its immediate suburbs.

Unless they've done some killer investigative journalism on the structural weaknesses of the levees in East Jefferson and Orleans Parishes, and didn't CC the local news outlets.

This is why I've been ignoring national news in place of local news. National news has been acting like it's the end of the world. All I've gotten is light rain and some debris in my yard.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
I have no idea why. The storm surge is over a dozen feet lower than Katrina. There has been an overtopping in Plaquemines Parish, which is a bit southwest of NOLA proper, but it's downstream of the city, and is generally not as well maintained as the levee system protecting the city proper and its immediate suburbs.

Unless they've done some killer investigative journalism on the structural weaknesses of the levees in East Jefferson and Orleans Parishes, and didn't CC the local news outlets.

This is why I've been ignoring national news in place of local news. National news has been acting like it's the end of the world. All I've gotten is light rain and some debris in my yard.

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:This is why I've been ignoring national news in place of local news. National news has been acting like it's the end of the world. All I've gotten is light rain and some debris in my yard.

...Definitely not that serious.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 pm

I like cool, starry nights, temperatures about 70° F. I don't really like the heat because it makes me itchy... And I also like to look at the stars.
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

The Realm of Platinum
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Platinum » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:I like cool, starry nights, temperatures about 70° F. I don't really like the heat because it makes me itchy... And I also like to look at the stars.

I dunno, I should post the climate chart of my ideal climate

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:53 am

Luminesa wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I mean, I've kind of noticed it with local as well.

But, as long as the "boy who cried wolf" effect is being minimized, as someone who survived Katrina, I'm all for the news encouraging people to be on the safe side. I saw a video on the news yesterday of some dumbasses playing around in lake water that was up to their shins that had come on shore.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General