NATION

PASSWORD

Should Slavery/Indentured Servitude be brought back?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Economically or Societally speaking, unfree labor is...

Good
9%
Bad
85%
Neither
3%
Other (Explain)
3%

Total votes : 277

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Pacomia wrote:If only everyone saw things that way...

20 people answered Yes to the poll...

At least one of them did it accidentally, said so themselves.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:20 people answered Yes to the poll...

It's also worded as "economically speaking" which might change the results.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:20 people answered Yes to the poll...

Which is one of the things I hate about polls which don't allow you to change your vote
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Andsed wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Ftfy

Saying it´s ¨Islamic slavery¨ does not change the fact that it is slavery and slavery is always a disgusting thing to do.

I hate when religion tries to justify slavery.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:47 pm

You wanna go back to slavery? Mate, we're looking towards automation. If anything, we need to address the future of employment and money in a post-automation world, rather then send ourselves backwards with slavery.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:At least one of them did it accidentally, said so themselves.

Which is one of the things I hate about polls which don't allow you to change your vote

Almost like the poll was intentionally designed to be f*cky to trick people into choosing the wrong answer...

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Andsed wrote:Saying it´s ¨Islamic slavery¨ does not change the fact that it is slavery and slavery is always a disgusting thing to do.

Bear in mind that most muslims have figured out ways to not have slavery. Amin is the exception.
If anything, he's the equivalent of the handful of nutjob pro-slavery Christian groups. And I'm excluding the explicitly racist ones here.
Last edited by Diopolis on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Andsed wrote:Saying it´s ¨Islamic slavery¨ does not change the fact that it is slavery and slavery is always a disgusting thing to do.

If anything, El-Amin is doing a disservice to Islam by trying to defend stuff like this. Especially by associating 'Islamic' to concepts like slavery.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Bear in mind that most muslims have figured out ways to not have slavery. Amin is the exception.

Most don't have slaves so this doesn't make sense.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

If anything, El-Amin is doing a disservice to Islam by trying to defend stuff like this. Especially by associating 'Islamic' to concepts like slavery.

So you think Al-Islam makes slavery Haraam?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:51 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:If anything, El-Amin is doing a disservice to Islam by trying to defend stuff like this. Especially by associating 'Islamic' to concepts like slavery.

If it is truly moral yes it should denounce and completely outlaw slavery.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Amin wants to legalize/normalize archaic and outdated practices like slavery and jihad just because it was permitted in Islam. Did you know that the Bible condones rape on dozens of occasions? Do modern Christians condone rape? No! And I'm pretty sure most Muslims don't condone slavery.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Bear in mind that most muslims have figured out ways to not have slavery. Amin is the exception.

Most don't have slaves so this doesn't make sense.

#freeslavesofelamin
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Did anyone else do a double take when they read the title?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Bear in mind that most muslims have figured out ways to not have slavery. Amin is the exception.

Amin wants to legalize/normalize archaic and outdated practices like slavery and jihad just because it was permitted in Islam. Did you know that the Bible condones rape on dozens of occasions? Do modern Christians condone rape? No! And I'm pretty sure most Muslims don't condone slavery.

Where exactly does the Bible condone rape?

It actually mandates death by stoning for the rapist...

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

Amin wants to legalize/normalize archaic and outdated practices like slavery and jihad just because it was permitted in Islam. Did you know that the Bible condones rape on dozens of occasions? Do modern Christians condone rape? No!

No, just a host of other bad acts. Lets not pretend christianity has cleaner hands than islam.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Nantoraka wrote:Did anyone else do a double take when they read the title?

Aye, I had to as well.
All shall tremble before me

Keuda Malotu
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Keuda Malotu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 pm

I'll be brief with this. If the cost of starting up, I believe the term is capital is at an acceptable price, if corporations and people did not sufficiently oppose it, and cheapness of labor offsets it's issues and increases profits it is possible if legal that slaves would be used. However people who are homeless don't benefit from enslavement any further than they can if they had a job of the workimg poor, being property doesn't mean you are ensured a home and if it does it comes at a loss if they already had that job or in comparison to giving them a job that doesn't increase their stamdard of living. If slavery makes you pay more and get the same or worse productivity than it eats at profits right? And that's bad for business. Jail for homelessness would be a better argument.
Last edited by Keuda Malotu on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:If anything, El-Amin is doing a disservice to Islam by trying to defend stuff like this. Especially by associating 'Islamic' to concepts like slavery.

Why did you turn to Islam in the first way?

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Kernen wrote:No, just a host of other bad acts. Lets not pretend christianity has cleaner hands than islam.

As a Christian I say it does.

The mass rapes, looting, murders of the Crusades? The persecution of scientists in the Middle Ages? Hello?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:56 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Ftfy

You know, putting the word "Islamic" in front of horrible things doesn't make it better.

Its like saying ""Islamic" rape". Though, something tells me Amin would think that's less bad than "regular" rape, too. So lets go with something even he would acknowledge is universally bad.

Its like saying ""Islamic" robbery".
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Amin wants to legalize/normalize archaic and outdated practices like slavery and jihad just because it was permitted in Islam. Did you know that the Bible condones rape on dozens of occasions? Do modern Christians condone rape? No! And I'm pretty sure most Muslims don't condone slavery.

Where exactly does the Bible condone rape?

It actually mandates death by stoning for the rapist...

Old Testament.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Glaristant
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Glaristant » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Kernen wrote:No, just a host of other bad acts. Lets not pretend christianity has cleaner hands than islam.

Eh...Not really. Christianity has a fairly checkered history on the matter.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Again, there is not a functionally important difference. Islamic slavery is STILL slavery.

Nova Cyberia wrote:Still slavery.

I never said it wasn't.

Then stop acting like being "Islamic" makes it better.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:

You've a fair amount of bias. As an adherent of neither, I genuinely cannot make a moral differentiation between modern christians and modern muslims.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General