NATION

PASSWORD

Jeffrey Epstein dead by """""suicide"""""

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sidesh0w B0b
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sidesh0w B0b » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Sidesh0w B0b wrote:Never mind that nonsense about cable tv bashing.

Has there ever been a Billionaire that died in jail in this country? Any western country? The world?

This deal with Epstein is really that fucked up.

Bernie Madoff will.

Trump could pardon him for "reasons", so there's still a chance he doesn't And even if he does it hasn't happened yet.

Like I said. There is the strongest smell of foul play here.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Here, as in this thread. Trying to score a dunk badly eh?

No. Just pointing out how much of a hypocrite you are. But it's okay. I know you get really uptight when people point how inconsistent you can be. :lol:

Not as uptight as when you got warned for harassing Vassenor and you went on a reporting spree. :^]
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Sidesh0w B0b wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Bernie Madoff will.

Trump could pardon him for "reasons", so there's still a chance he doesn't And even if he does it hasn't happened yet.

I could see Trump doing that.

Not really much of a smell of foul play, to me. I smell paranoia, though, and just a hint of wishful thinking.
Insert trite farewell here

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:No. Just pointing out how much of a hypocrite you are. But it's okay. I know you get really uptight when people point how inconsistent you can be. :lol:

Not as uptight as when you got warned for harassing Vassenor and you went on a reporting spree. :^]

How about when I reported you for threadjacking after flipping out on Ostro and you went into a reporting fit? :rofl:
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Not as uptight as when you got warned for harassing Vassenor and you went on a reporting spree. :^]

How about when I reported you for threadjacking after flipping out on Ostro and you went into a reporting fit? :rofl:

How about Epstein, eh?

Sidesh0w B0b
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sidesh0w B0b » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Sidesh0w B0b wrote:Never mind that nonsense about cable tv bashing.

Has there ever been a Billionaire that died in jail in this country? Any western country? The world?

This deal with Epstein is really that fucked up.

How often do millionaires or billionaires get held in regular common people jail?

Robert Kraft (Patriots owner) found his way out of jail pretty quickly. Sex charges, but not with minors. Sex trafficking allegations. He walks on a misdemeanor charge. That's more of the typical Billionaire jail experience than Jeff Ep's. Way more!
Last edited by Sidesh0w B0b on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:How about when I reported you for threadjacking after flipping out on Ostro and you went into a reporting fit? :rofl:

How about Epstein, eh?

he ded
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Sidesh0w B0b wrote:
Gormwood wrote:How often do millionaires or billionaires get held in regular common people jail?

Robert Kraft (Patriots owner) found his way out of jail pretty quickly. Sex charges, but not with minors. Sex trafficking allegations. He walks on a misdemeanor charge. That's more of the typical Billionaire jail experience than Jeff Ep's. Way more!

Epstein was a repeat offender. Billions of dollars only buys one get out of prison free card.
Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Sidesh0w B0b wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Bernie Madoff will.

At this stage in the investigation, I think it's good to remember not to attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. For some reason we don't understand yet, Epstein was taken of the suicide watch. When we know more, we'll know more.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:How about Epstein, eh?

he ded

And no one wept.

Are you on the "it was murder!" train?

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Sidesh0w B0b wrote:

At this stage in the investigation, I think it's good to remember not to attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. For some reason we don't understand yet, Epstein was taken of the suicide watch. When we know more, we'll know more.

I thought a shrink cleared him. There isn't much more to understand about what happened with the suicide watch if that's the case.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:he ded

And no one wept.

I'm skeptical of it being suicide, tbh.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:And no one wept.

How skeptical?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:At this stage in the investigation, I think it's good to remember not to attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. For some reason we don't understand yet, Epstein was taken of the suicide watch. When we know more, we'll know more.

I thought a shrink cleared him. There isn't much more to understand about what happened with the suicide watch if that's the case.

I haven't seen a direct statement of that. It's implied in his being removed but until we see a report on the investigation, conspiracy theories are pointless. They're usually pointless, of course, but early days.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Sidesh0w B0b
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sidesh0w B0b » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Sidesh0w B0b wrote:

I could see Trump doing that.

Not really much of a smell of foul play, to me. I smell paranoia, though, and just a hint of wishful thinking.

Well your eyes are okay, lol, but maybe your nose has some candy stuck up in there. Paranoid is a song by Black Sabbath. You probably listened to that. Hearing good! :lol:
Last edited by Sidesh0w B0b on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Gormwood wrote:How often do millionaires or billionaires get held in regular common people jail?

They'll only stay in jail if they're brave or foolish enough, or are irrationally cheap like Mr. Krabs. Wealthy people can pay whatever amount of bail is set for them, if not simply hire the best legal representation they can find.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Sidesh0w B0b
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sidesh0w B0b » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Saiwania wrote:

They'll only stay in jail if they're brave or foolish enough, or are irrationally cheap like Mr. Krabs. Wealthy people can pay whatever amount of bail is set for them, if not simply hire the best legal representation they can find.

Yep. There's something wrong with the picture even before we are presented Jeffrey Epstein dying right after a suicide watch is called off.

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:And no one wept.

Well, IMHO that makes it almost everybody with any critical thinking skills.
Last edited by Sidesh0w B0b on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Sidesh0w B0b wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

Yep. There's something wrong with the picture even before we are presented Jeffrey Epstein dying right after a suicide watch is called off.

Epstein was denied bail since a safe with cash and a passport with an alias was discovered.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 pm

I don't like the concept of bail but in theory anyways, a person is supposed to get their money back if they keep showing up for court. And if they don't show up, it can't be denied that the money can be put to pretty good use by a judicial system, if the money isn't simply lining the pockets of judges or court officials but can help pay legal costs or for renovations to a single courtroom and etc.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:I'm skeptical of it being suicide, tbh.

How skeptical?

There's two points that continue to confuzzle me.
1. He had stated before his suicide that people were threatening to kill him.
2. He had previously attempted suicide but according to the NYTimes he wasn't on suicide watch. Why the fuck would he not be on suicide watch?
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Sidesh0w B0b
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sidesh0w B0b » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Sidesh0w B0b wrote:

Epstein was denied bail since a safe with cash and a passport with an alias was discovered.

Which was not overlooked in this instance even though he was a billionaire. Huh.

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:How skeptical?

2. He had previously attempted suicide but according to the NYTimes he wasn't on suicide watch. Why the fuck would he not be on suicide watch?

Good points to keep in mind. I doubt this mess will ever get squared.
Last edited by Sidesh0w B0b on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:

1. That is interesting and bears investigation. However, we should not accept that as true arbitrarily. He had reason to lie.

2. In order to be discharged from suicide watch both the prison warden and psychologist would have had to have signed off. It's entirely plausible that they incorrectly concluded after his daily psych evals that he was no longer a suicide risk. It happens all the time.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:

Apparently, he was taken off suicide watch just before his death.

Which seems a bit suspicious, methinks.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:There's two points that continue to confuzzle me.

Apparently, he was taken off suicide watch just before his death.

Which seems a bit suspicious, methinks.

That's bizarre. This whole thing is bizarre.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:There's two points that continue to confuzzle me.

1. That is interesting and bears investigation. However, we should not accept that as true arbitrarily. He had reason to lie.

2. In order to be discharged from suicide watch both the prison warden and psychologist would have had to have signed off. It's entirely plausible that they incorrectly concluded after his daily psych evals that he was no longer a suicide risk. It happens all the time.

I'm not coming to any solid conclusions. Human stupidity is a likely culprit in cases like these. But given how high-profile his case was you'd think that they'd take all the necessary precautions.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General