NATION

PASSWORD

Jeffrey Epstein dead by """""suicide"""""

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Pretty obvi he was killed. Died on suicide watch (Or some have said they took him off suicide watch just before he died, not exactly a much better scenario), the cameras suppoedly malfunctioned, a ton of really strange stuff. There was a guy who said a bunch of stuff about how Epstein was dead and they framed it as a suicide like an hour before the news was released to the public too
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:04 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:Pretty obvi he was killed. Died on suicide watch (Or some have said they took him off suicide watch just before he died, not exactly a much better scenario), the cameras suppoedly malfunctioned, a ton of really strange stuff. There was a guy who said a bunch of stuff about how Epstein was dead and they framed it as a suicide like an hour before the news was released to the public too

This is going to sum up a lot of what's going to pass for evidence on the internet for a while...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:Pretty obvi he was killed. Died on suicide watch (Or some have said they took him off suicide watch just before he died, not exactly a much better scenario), the cameras suppoedly malfunctioned, a ton of really strange stuff. There was a guy who said a bunch of stuff about how Epstein was dead and they framed it as a suicide like an hour before the news was released to the public too

This is going to sum up a lot of what's going to pass for evidence on the internet for a while...

But Clinton/Trump killed him! I dislike one of the two, so it must be true!
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Of course he did, now he can't rat out his pedo buddies.

How fucking convenient.
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I mean it's not like the Clintons explicitly called themselves centrists...

It's entirely conceivable for a leftist to defend a centrist and still be leftist.

If someone says "You're not a real Harry Potter fan if you don't remember Mundungus Fletcher", that's gatekeeping. But if they say "You're not a real Harry Potter fan if you don't know who Ron Weasley is", well that is an accurate statement.

Leftists might "defend" Clinton in such a sense as "The Clintons don't have their enemies assassinated" as I have, though I don't consider that much of a defense, it's more so debunking conspiracies.

So let's say leftists don't defend Bill Clinton's policy decisions.

But anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, if one's reaction to Epstein's death is to immediately suspect the Clintons, that person is very deep into far-right conspiracy theory.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Re: Jeffrey Epstein dead by """""suicide"""""

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Page wrote:
Scomagia wrote:It's entirely conceivable for a leftist to defend a centrist and still be leftist.

If someone says "You're not a real Harry Potter fan if you don't remember Mundungus Fletcher", that's gatekeeping. But if they say "You're not a real Harry Potter fan if you don't know who Ron Weasley is", well that is an accurate statement.

Leftists might "defend" Clinton in such a sense as "The Clintons don't have their enemies assassinated" as I have, though I don't consider that much of a defense, it's more so debunking conspiracies.

But anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, if one's reaction to Epstein's death is to immediately suspect the Clintons, that person is very deep into far-right conspiracy theory.

Assuming he was assassinated (not saying he actually was), it could have easily been Trump or someone else who ordered the hit, as Trump as well as several others also had deep connections to this guy.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This is going to sum up a lot of what's going to pass for evidence on the internet for a while...

For what it's worth, even the most ardent anti-Trump people in this thread have been giving the idea that Trump did anything at best a passing glance with most I've seen (and you can show me I'm wrong) not believing either of them were involved. I can't speak for twitter though.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Page wrote:
Scomagia wrote:It's entirely conceivable for a leftist to defend a centrist and still be leftist.

No, it is not an accurate statement. Not remembering who Ron Weasley is doesn't mean you aren't a fan, it means you don't remember who Ron Weasley is. There are conceivable reasons why a fan may not remember Ron Weasley just as there are conceivable reasons you may be a leftist who defends Bill Clinton.

But yes, back on topic. If one's response to Epstein's death is to immediately suspect a conspiracy at all then one is being irrational.
Last edited by Scomagia on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert trite farewell here

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Page wrote:

No, it is not an accurate statement. Not remembering who Ron Weasley is doesn't mean you aren't a fan, it means you don't remember who Ron Weasley is. There are conceivable reasons why a fan may not remember Ron Weasley just as there are conceivable reasons you may be a leftist who defends Bill Clinton.

But yes, back on topic. If one's response to Epstein's death is to immediately suspect a conspiracy at all then one is being irrational.

Now now, I am not claiming it was bill, I am not claiming it was donald, I am not claiming it was prince Andrew, i am not claiming it was bill Richardson, I am not claiming it was someone who hates pedophiles, I am not claiming jamie dimon.

What I am claiming is this stinks, it is a pungent odor, it is strong and full of excrement, and that is not just the smell of the MCC which is a shithole to it's own self. I dont know who, I dont know exactly why, but i do not believe that this was an unassisted suicide.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This is going to sum up a lot of what's going to pass for evidence on the internet for a while...

He had dirt on powerful people who let him get arrested without possibility of bail. Of course they did him in.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Scomagia wrote:No, it is not an accurate statement. Not remembering who Ron Weasley is doesn't mean you aren't a fan, it means you don't remember who Ron Weasley is. There are conceivable reasons why a fan may not remember Ron Weasley just as there are conceivable reasons you may be a leftist who defends Bill Clinton.

Now now, I am not claiming it was bill, I am not claiming it was donald, I am not claiming it was prince Andrew, i am not claiming it was bill Richardson, I am not claiming it was someone who hates pedophiles, I am not claiming jamie dimon.

What I am claiming is this stinks, it is a pungent odor, it is strong and full of excrement, and that is not just the smell of the MCC which is a shithole to it's own self. I dont know who, I dont know exactly why, but i do not believe that this was an unassisted suicide.

What specifically makes suicide seem implausible to you?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Now now, I am not claiming it was bill, I am not claiming it was donald, I am not claiming it was prince Andrew, i am not claiming it was bill Richardson, I am not claiming it was someone who hates pedophiles, I am not claiming jamie dimon.

What specifically makes suicide seem implausible to you?

When he came back from the hospital the first time, the Papers said he was on suicide watch. When and why was it turned off, to start.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Loftegen 2
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loftegen 2 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Suicide, LOL!

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Well AOC is a fool, so it makes sense that she'd do that.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Scomagia wrote:What specifically makes suicide seem implausible to you?

When he came back from the hospital the first time, the Papers said he was on suicide watch. When and why was it turned off, to start.

A shrink cleared him to be off of suicide watch, if I understand correctly.

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:When he came back from the hospital the first time, the Papers said he was on suicide watch. When and why was it turned off, to start.

Wonder if he was threatened with former patients filing malpractice suits? Or just paid off?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:When he came back from the hospital the first time, the Papers said he was on suicide watch. When and why was it turned off, to start.

We can chat with him of her to begin, review hallway video, and investigate.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Scomagia wrote:A shrink cleared him to be off of suicide watch, if I understand correctly.

Wonder if he was threatened with former patients filing malpractice suits? Or just paid off?

Or he thought Epstein was no longer at risk of suicide. Or the wacky conspiracy things, I guess.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Scomagia wrote:A shrink cleared him to be off of suicide watch, if I understand correctly.

We can chat with him of her to begin, review hallway video, and investigate.

We should investigate, yes, but only because any prison suicide should be subject to rigorous investigation.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:Wonder if he was threatened with former patients filing malpractice suits? Or just paid off?

Or he thought Epstein was no longer at risk of suicide. Or the wacky conspiracy things, I guess.

Isn't it rather unusual for a shrink to take someone off suicide watch where it might be even the slightest bit risky?

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:

Epstein would have been considered to be at least highly endangered and high importance prisoner. So he'd must be of course be placed on suicide watch and, or special surveillance and his cell being observed 24/7 with personal assigned to him,.
Last edited by Nakena on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Or he thought Epstein was no longer at risk of suicide. Or the wacky conspiracy things, I guess.

Isn't it rather unusual for a shrink to take someone off suicide watch where it might be even the slightest bit risky?

No, otherwise there'd be no end to suicide watch for a lot of prisoners. The shrink probably met with him a few times, maybe prescribed medication, and was satisfied that Epstein was no longer actively suicidal. That would not be unusual.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Isn't it rather unusual for a shrink to take someone off suicide watch where it might be even the slightest bit risky?

No, otherwise there'd be no end to suicide watch for a lot of prisoners. The shrink probably met with him a few times, maybe prescribed medication, and was satisfied that Epstein was no longer actively suicidal. That would not be unusual.

OK. My impression was misleading.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Isn't it rather unusual for a shrink to take someone off suicide watch where it might be even the slightest bit risky?

That would the usual in another situation, here however we have an very unusual and endangered patient whose survivial is in grave danger. Normal or usual metrics cannot be applied here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General