NATION

PASSWORD

Jeffrey Epstein dead by """""suicide"""""

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Zharkova wrote:I think we can all agree that this is pretty fishy. A child molesting billionaire who can potentially rat on all of his bourgeoisie friends just suddenly dies, completely on his own accord? Sure.

I doubt that he was outright executed. I think it's likely that he was provided with the means to kill himself, like Hermann Goering was. Of course, we will never know.

Let's note that they didn't have to do that- child molesters notoriously don't fare well in the prison population. More like "make sure he's put in the general population and they know him as a child rapist".
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:14 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
My criticism of bill and Hillary is never directed toward the left (I myself am left of center politically). It's directed at the 100 people in almost 100 cities who still support the Clinton dynasty for some reason.

AG Barr just said that it’s not a confirmed suicide he’s investigating but he’s ‘appalled’ so don’t trust that it’s a suicide Barr said it might not be

Also only the guard said it’s suicide not police or investigators
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
On another note, I do love when people expect leftists to defend Bill Clinton.

Like, no, we fucking hate him too.

My criticism of bill and Hillary is never directed toward the left (I myself am left of center politically). It's directed at the 100 people in almost 100 cities who still support the Clinton dynasty for some reason.

It's pretty hard to defend the Clintons after their tumultuous history.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:16 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:AG Barr just said that it’s not a confirmed suicide he’s investigating but he’s ‘appalled’ so don’t trust that it’s a suicide Barr said it might not be

Also only the guard said it’s suicide not police or investigators

Barr said he’ll “get to the bottom of it” as well. Seems like Clinton did kill him
YANG GANG 2020

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I remember that one time Hillary Clinton was trashing trump for islamaphobia, as if no one would notice the irony that a woman responsible for the deaths of thousands of Muslim people in the middle East is criticizing someone for mean spirited words. The clintons are clearly out for themselves and can't be trusted by even their closest friends
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

AG Barr just said that it’s not a confirmed suicide he’s investigating but he’s ‘appalled’ so don’t trust that it’s a suicide Barr said it might not be

He'll take the report and issue a four-page summary that says, "Jeffrey Epstein is dead. No collusion."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:AG Barr just said that it’s not a confirmed suicide he’s investigating but he’s ‘appalled’ so don’t trust that it’s a suicide Barr said it might not be

He'll take the report and issue a four-page summary that says, "Jeffrey Epstein is dead. No collusion."

Yeah maybe since Barr used to work for Epstein
YANG GANG 2020

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

I remember that one time Hillary Clinton was trashing trump for islamaphobia, as if no one would notice the irony that a woman responsible for the deaths of thousands of Muslim people in the middle East is criticizing someone for mean spirited words. The clintons are clearly out for themselves and can't be trusted by even their closest friends

I wouldn't put it past them to have killed Epstein. I also wouldn't put it past Trump(Trump keeping his mouth shut about having him whacked, on the other hand...). However, I think it more likely this was either an actual suicide or a murder by another prisoner.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.” -Donald Trump

What people seem to think is at stake if Clinton was swept up in this versus what's really at stake is kind of weird. Like...a problematic dude with a bad history with women will face some consequences. It won't erase the 90s. Whatever fleeting appointments that might still be around from Clinton won't go away, signed bills won't become invalid. The party itself has moved on from even his wife. At worst they'd have to fill a different slot in a speech during the convention. It's not like he's a sitting president. Sure, some of the Democratic legacy would be tainted, but not much more than it is already because of his history with women, so...okay?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Are you implying some leftists don't defend him? If you are then that's just false. Or you're doing some weird gatekeeping shit.

Democrats defend Bill Clinton. Liberals defend Bill Clinton.

We leftists do not. We're not a fan of such things as bombing the Balkans, expanding mass incarceration, and cutting welfare.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Are you implying some leftists don't defend him? If you are then that's just false. Or you're doing some weird gatekeeping shit.

I mean - I suppose some do, but within the discourse of the leftist community, both online and offline, I tend to find that most are more than willing to shit on Clinton and his record.

That makes sense, I suppose.
Insert trite farewell here

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

What people seem to think is at stake if Clinton was swept up in this versus what's really at stake is kind of weird. Like...a problematic dude with a bad history with women will face some consequences. It won't erase the 90s. Whatever fleeting appointments that might still be around from Clinton won't go away, signed bills won't become invalid. The party itself has moved on from even his wife. At worst they'd have to fill a different slot in a speech during the convention. It's not like he's a sitting president. Sure, some of the Democratic legacy would be tainted, but not much more than it is already because of his history with women, so...okay?

I completely agree, I'm more speaking about those on the right who have this strange notion that any actions by the Clintons is an automatic disqualifier of left wing politics.

"Bill does something awful? HA, take that liberals, we have the moral high ground!"

That's a sentiment echoed in every right wing hivemind, forum and circlejerk around, both on and off the internet, this idea that "the left = the clintons."

But, yes, my overall hope for this upcoming investigation is that we can bring justice to any and all who are guilty, regardless of who they are, regardless of my current opinions on them. And in doing so - I would be delighted to see a discourse on the aforementioned legacy of the 80s/90s, and how that period of excess created far too many victims.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Farnhamia wrote:He'll take the report and issue a four-page summary that says, "Jeffrey Epstein is dead. No collusion."

Yeah maybe since Barr used to work for Epstein

Kirkland and Ellis represented Epstein in 2008, Barr joined that firm in 2009.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:What people seem to think is at stake if Clinton was swept up in this versus what's really at stake is kind of weird. Like...a problematic dude with a bad history with women will face some consequences. It won't erase the 90s. Whatever fleeting appointments that might still be around from Clinton won't go away, signed bills won't become invalid. The party itself has moved on from even his wife. At worst they'd have to fill a different slot in a speech during the convention. It's not like he's a sitting president. Sure, some of the Democratic legacy would be tainted, but not much more than it is already because of his history with women, so...okay?

I completely agree, I'm more speaking about those on the right who have this strange notion that any actions by the Clintons is an automatic disqualifier of left wing politics.

"Bill does something awful? HA, take that liberals, we have the moral high ground!"

That's a sentiment echoed in every right wing hivemind, forum and circlejerk around, both on and off the internet, this idea that "the left = the clintons."

That's what I was referring to regarding the discrepancy over what's actually at stake versus what's really at stake. It's a weird form of wishful thinking but...okay, I guess. At this point it's clear that they'll imagine the tears their looking for anyway so it doesn't need dto involve us at all, really.
Major-Tom wrote:But, yes, my overall hope for this upcoming investigation is that we can bring justice to any and all who are guilty, regardless of who they are, regardless of my current opinions on them. And in doing so - I would be delighted to see a discourse on the aforementioned legacy of the 80s/90s, and how that period of excess created far too many victims.

Certainly the conspiracy of silence thing is getting harder to maintain.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Page wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Are you implying some leftists don't defend him? If you are then that's just false. Or you're doing some weird gatekeeping shit.

We leftists do not. We're not a fan of such things as bombing the Balkans, expanding mass incarceration, and cutting welfare.

There's the gatekeeping!

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.” -Donald Trump

We keep seeing them Whatabout Trump with Epstein.

Farnhamia wrote:

Nope. He was apparently livid when he found out, and now the FBI is investigating. https://nypost.com/2019/08/10/jeffrey-e ... t-suicide/
Last edited by Aclion on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Aclion wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

We keep seeing them Whatabout Trump with Epstein.

When I brought up Trump, I was just making the point that if a powerful person had Epstein killed, Trump would be a more likely suspect than the Clintons.

Epstein probably ended his miserable life of his own volition, but in any case this cartoonish supervillain image of the Clintons is rather silly. The only crime they're guilty of is neoliberalism.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Page wrote:
Aclion wrote:We keep seeing them Whatabout Trump with Epstein.

When I brought up Trump, I was just making the point that if a powerful person had Epstein killed, Trump would be a more likely suspect than the Clintons.

Eh, if he did, we'd be sure to have heard about it by now.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Page wrote:

Epstein probably ended his miserable life of his own volition, but in any case this cartoonish supervillain image of the Clintons is rather silly. The only crime they're guilty of is neoliberalism.

We know it wasn't trump because he wouldn't have been able to keep mouth shut about it.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Page wrote:

Or one of the other inmates did it. It's not exactly unheard of for a prisoner to get murdered by another prisoner.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Page wrote:

Which to be fair is essentially the worst you can go short of going full Hitler.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Page wrote:

There's the gatekeeping!

It's not gatekeeping. Leftism by definition calls for opposition to capitalism at the very least. If you want to be very broad about it, you could put democratic socialists under the tent, but not neoliberals.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Page wrote:
Scomagia wrote:There's the gatekeeping!

It's not gatekeeping. Leftism by definition calls for opposition to capitalism at the very least. If you want to be very broad about it, you could put democratic socialists under the tent, but not neoliberals.

I mean it's not like the Clintons explicitly called themselves centrists...

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Page wrote:
Scomagia wrote:There's the gatekeeping!

No, it's gatekeeping. You're saying that leftists don't do x, implying that doing x makes you not a leftist. It's just not true.

I would concede that a leftist might be confused if they defend Clinton but merely defending does not, in itself, make them not a leftist.
Last edited by Scomagia on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Page wrote:

I mean it's not like the Clintons explicitly called themselves centrists...

It's entirely conceivable for a leftist to defend a centrist and still be leftist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General