NATION

PASSWORD

Canadian Politics

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support in the 2021 snap general election

Liberals
44
21%
Conservatives
43
20%
NDP
79
37%
Bloc
10
5%
Greens
16
8%
PPC
21
10%
 
Total votes : 213

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:45 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:It would be awesome if NDP won or Liberal kicked Trudeau to the curb.


Don't fangirl too fast over the NDP..

The Cons will win.

You live in Quebec, what riding are you and whose your incumbent MP? I assume Derpy's riding is the same as it was in the Ontario provincial election of Guelpe which the Greens won (And no I don't think they'll win that federal riding)
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
Luziyca
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37505
Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:47 am

I will probably vote for the NDP in October, to be honest: mostly because of their policies, but also because the alternatives aren't all that great. Any chance of me voting for Trudeau has been killed by the fact he broke the promise of reforming the voting system. The Greens won't really win, the Tories and the People's Party, I disagree with many of their policies, so...
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
IIwikiFacebookTwitterKylaris: the best region for five years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

User avatar
Major-Tom
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15368
Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:48 am

I’m no fan of Scheer, especially when I take the Conservative’s policies towards the environment and healthcare/welfare state into account. Ideologically, he’s a Harper 2.0, akin to a US Republican.

If I had a vote, I’d vote strategically to make sure Scheer wasn’t elected. That said, not in love with Trudeau or Singh either, they have major issues.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13353
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:51 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Quebec shall not leave. Never. Canada is one united nation. Quebec shall never secede.


It will leave one day.

Don't let your dreams be dreams man.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:52 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Don't fangirl too fast over the NDP..

The Cons will win.

You live in Quebec, what riding are you and whose your incumbent MP? I assume Derpy's riding is the same as it was in the Ontario provincial election of Guelpe which the Greens won (And no I don't think they'll win that federal riding)


Riding of Montcalm, Bloc Québécois (Luc Thériault).

User avatar
Wycliffe
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wycliffe » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 am

I'll be voting in my first election this year, and it'll be for the Liberals. The Tories offer no actual solutions beyond criticizing Trudeau, and the only substantive policy planks I've seen so far only echo the Harper era. Likewise, the NDP has done nothing to capture the country's imagination, all they ever seem to do is latch onto anything Trudeau does and criticize him for not doing it in a more leftist way. Especially given the latest things NDP members are saying about Venezuela, I'm not convinced they understand how politics in Canada or politics in the world work. Trudeau has my vote, and I'm also personally close with the local candidate in my riding, so it's an easy choice for me.
Resident of Lazarus
Retired.
Veritas Vincit
Chanson du jour: Look Inside America
The Most Holy Kingdom of
Wycliffe

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:58 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:You live in Quebec, what riding are you and whose your incumbent MP? I assume Derpy's riding is the same as it was in the Ontario provincial election of Guelpe which the Greens won (And no I don't think they'll win that federal riding)


Riding of Montcalm, Bloc Québécois (Luc Thériault).

Oh, that's outside of Montreal, I assumed you lived in Montreal proper, my bad!

Also I think this is one of those Liberal gains for the Bloc seats.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:07 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Riding of Montcalm, Bloc Québécois (Luc Thériault).

Oh, that's outside of Montreal, I assumed you lived in Montreal proper, my bad!

Also I think this is one of those Liberal gains for the Bloc seats.


It is practically the outer suburbs of Montreal, but yes, I do not live in Montreal proper (since a few months ago).

That said, the Bloc Québécois is of virtually no interest to me, for I am not an independentist.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Oh, that's outside of Montreal, I assumed you lived in Montreal proper, my bad!

Also I think this is one of those Liberal gains for the Bloc seats.


It is practically the outer suburbs of Montreal, but yes, I do not live in Montreal proper (since a few months ago).

That said, the Bloc Québécois is of virtually no interest to me, for I am not an independentist.

Well it looks like no other party will have that seat since the NDP is in collapse in Quebec, the Tories can't really do much and the Bloc is basically a dead meme. So sorry WVC, looks like you'll have a Liberal MP working with Trudeau.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34989
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:23 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Don't fangirl too fast over the NDP..

The Cons will win.

I assume Derpy's riding is the same as it was in the Ontario provincial election of Guelpe which the Greens won (And no I don't think they'll win that federal riding)


You are correct, my rideing is Guelph and the greens wont win fedal here.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:I assume Derpy's riding is the same as it was in the Ontario provincial election of Guelpe which the Greens won (And no I don't think they'll win that federal riding)


You are correct, my rideing is Guelph and the greens wont win fedal here.

Yep, a quick look shows me it's a safe Liberal seat, although I wouldn't be too surprised if the Greens managed to try to pull some votes away from NDP and Liberal leaning voters.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34989
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:32 am

Dresderstan wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
You are correct, my rideing is Guelph and the greens wont win fedal here.

Yep, a quick look shows me it's a safe Liberal seat, although I wouldn't be too surprised if the Greens managed to try to pull some votes away from NDP and Liberal leaning voters.


Guelph has been a Liberal strong hold for years.

Greens and NDP might spoiler the vote but I do not think
Lloyd Longfield is going anywhere anytime soon.


Lloyd is a nice guy from the emails I sent him. Might even donate to his party.

User avatar
The Tomerlands
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomerlands » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:34 am

Can someone explain why Justin Trudeau is hated by so many people?

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 am

The Tomerlands wrote:Can someone explain why Justin Trudeau is hated by so many people?


National embarrassment and Chinese sellout.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13353
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:39 am

The Tomerlands wrote:Can someone explain why Justin Trudeau is hated by so many people?

He's corrupt and looks/sounds like a young Bieber.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2518
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:41 am

The South Falls wrote:He's corrupt and looks/sounds like a young Bieber.

Neither of those are completely true but one of them is much worse than the other.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13353
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
The South Falls wrote:He's corrupt and looks/sounds like a young Bieber.

Neither of those are completely true but one of them is much worse than the other.

Yea, I wouldn't support a president who's anything like Bieber. :p
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:46 am

The South Falls wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Neither of those are completely true but one of them is much worse than the other.

Yea, I wouldn't support a president who's anything like Bieber. :p

Bieber and Nickelback are two of Canada's biggest tragedies to ever be exported across the world.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13353
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:49 am

Dresderstan wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Yea, I wouldn't support a president who's anything like Bieber. :p

Bieber and Nickelback are two of Canada's biggest tragedies to ever be exported across the world.

Nickel go back to Canada.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 72366
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:49 am

Dresderstan wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Yea, I wouldn't support a president who's anything like Bieber. :p

Bieber and Nickelback are two of Canada's biggest tragedies to ever be exported across the world.

Nickelback actually isn’t that bad they have some good music.
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6905
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:52 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Bieber and Nickelback are two of Canada's biggest tragedies to ever be exported across the world.

Nickelback actually isn’t that bad they have some good music.

Their only good song was their biggest song, and that was How You Remind Me. Both the band and the genre they are known for popularizing in the 2000s (post-Grunge) is one of the worst musical plagues to ever be brought down to our ears.
23 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Biden and Trump are traitors to America.
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 72366
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:54 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Nickelback actually isn’t that bad they have some good music.

Their only good song was their biggest song, and that was How You Remind Me. Both the band and the genre they are known for popularizing in the 2000s (post-Grunge) is one of the worst musical plagues to ever be brought down to our ears.

Ya How You Remind Me is the only one I like. Still better than JB’s zero
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
The Tomerlands
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomerlands » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:59 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
The Tomerlands wrote:Can someone explain why Justin Trudeau is hated by so many people?


National embarrassment and Chinese sellout.


Why is he a national embarrassment?

User avatar
The Tomerlands
Envoy
 
Posts: 332
Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomerlands » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:00 pm

The South Falls wrote:
The Tomerlands wrote:Can someone explain why Justin Trudeau is hated by so many people?

He's corrupt and looks/sounds like a young Bieber.


Can you give me some examples?

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 pm

The Tomerlands wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
National embarrassment and Chinese sellout.


Why is he a national embarrassment?


Have a Google search at "Trudeau India trip".

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American Legionaries, Antipatros, Don Vats, Emotional Support Crocodile, Ethel mermania, Head Chembaron, Kappacon, New Kowloon Bay, New San Andreas Republic, Tillania, Trigori, United Tropics of Torchland

Advertisement

Remove ads