NATION

PASSWORD

Christmas: Glass Box Edition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we grant the prisoner the Christmas meal?

Yes (Christmas is a time of joy and everyone should have some)
65%
No (revoke her Christmas rights for another year)
35%

Total votes : 105

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Basically, with this hypothetical, you get to make a decision (as a voter in a government committee) about whether or not to re-affirm the importance of Christmas meal rights (and in doing so re-affirming the spiritual, cultural, and societal significance of Christmas) or not

that's how I understand it

It's definitely a life changing decision; even if your vote is not successful in effecting the outcome, its a significant chunk of the decision-making and what you write will be part of the official log

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Basically, with this hypothetical, you get to make a decision (as a voter in a government committee) about whether or not to re-affirm the importance of Christmas meal rights (and in doing so re-affirming the spiritual, cultural, and societal significance of Christmas) or not

that's how I understand it

It's definitely a life changing decision; even if your vote is not successful in effecting the outcome, its a significant chunk of the decision-making and what you write will be part of the official log

No, this entire hypothetical is just you trying to justify your waifu. "Christmas meal rights" are something you've pretty much made up on the spot and thus any emotional or ethical attachment to it is pretty much mute

As for "life changing", we've repeatedly stated we want her dead so...
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:Every Christmas she is kept alive she gets kicked in the face.

what's with you obsession with kicking people in the face?

Not people, her.

Samudera Darussalam wrote:
Heloin wrote:Every Christmas she is kept alive she gets kicked in the face.

Poor, poor, poor Annie
She's a murderer, being kept alive
Let's kick her in the face

We remember Annie
And how brave soldiers fought her
When we see the witch
We let the boots do the talking
Last edited by Heloin on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:It's definitely a life changing decision; even if your vote is not successful in effecting the outcome, its a significant chunk of the decision-making and what you write will be part of the official log

I want something to be part of an official log that people will have to look back on for decades then I can just write a complaint about the bathrooms in some of the park locations.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Heloin wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Poor, poor, poor Annie
She's a murderer, being kept alive
Let's kick her in the face

We remember Annie
And how brave soldiers fought her
When we see the witch
We let the boots do the talking

She has long falling from grace
No, she ain't poor princess
Witch Hitler, with that she goes
We fought her bravely, yes
Now let's avenge our comrades

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Actually, on that note, has anyone who actually celebrates/has celebrated Christmas ever heard of a "Meal Right" that day? Because I have never heard of it.

Hell, has anyone even heard of a "Right" to Christmas period?
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Actually, on that note, has anyone who actually celebrates/has celebrated Christmas ever heard of a "Meal Right" that day? Because I have never heard of it.

It’s a thing in American and European prisons

They serve special Christmas meals

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Actually, on that note, has anyone who actually celebrates/has celebrated Christmas ever heard of a "Meal Right" that day? Because I have never heard of it.

Sort of. It's not a "right" but prisons and jails will often serve special Christmas dinners for inmates, usually. This actually is a very good thing and is one of the few steps prisons actually take when it comes to protecting and expanding prisoner rights, and I'm all for.

However Witch Hitler is a genocidal maniac. I think I'm not speaking controversially by saying a Genocidal maniac is very different then someone in a normal prison.

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Heloin wrote:

Sort of. It's not a "right" but prisons and jails will often serve special Christmas dinners for inmates, usually. This actually is a very good thing and is one of the few steps prisons actually take when it comes to protecting and expanding prisoner rights, and I'm all for.

However Witch Hitler is a genocidal maniac. I think I'm not speaking controversially by saying a Genocidal maniac is very different then someone in a normal prison.

I guess a better question would have been "Did Nuremberg serve fancy Christmas meals?"
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Heloin wrote:

It is controversial

Otherwise everyone would have voted No

Plenty of people think she’s within the Rights

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:
Heloin wrote:Sort of. It's not a "right" but prisons and jails will often serve special Christmas dinners for inmates, usually. This actually is a very good thing and is one of the few steps prisons actually take when it comes to protecting and expanding prisoner rights, and I'm all for.

I guess a better question would have been "Did Nuremberg serve fancy Christmas meals?"

Nuremberg served nooses.

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:Sort of. It's not a "right" but prisons and jails will often serve special Christmas dinners for inmates, usually. This actually is a very good thing and is one of the few steps prisons actually take when it comes to protecting and expanding prisoner rights, and I'm all for.

It is controversial

Enough. With. The. Poll. Wanking.

Do we really need to explain to you for the 23rd time that "No, Polls aren't the word of god"?

Heloin wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:I guess a better question would have been "Did Nuremberg serve fancy Christmas meals?"

Nuremberg served nooses.

Oh yeah, that's one right I am willing to give Annie. The right to die.
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

It is controversial

Just because you haven't read anything I said doesn't make me wrong. I am giving her the meal, I've stated this since the beginning of the thread. But I'd bet that if the option poison her was up there she would be dead.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
It is controversial

Enough. With. The. Poll. Wanking.

Do we really need to explain to you for the 23rd time that "No, Polls aren't the word of god"?

Heloin wrote:Nuremberg served nooses.

Oh yeah, that's one right I am willing to give Annie. The right to die.

This is not poll wanking

It’s basic logic

If some people have expressed a view that she should get the meal, then it follows that not everyone is willing to dehumanize someone just because they committed serious crimes

It’s not “uncontroversial”

You can’t pretend there isn’t more then one view on this

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
It is controversial

Just because you haven't read anything I said doesn't make me wrong. I am giving her the meal, I've stated this since the beginning of the thread. But I'd bet that if the option poison her was up there she would be dead.

Actually, Yeah IM. I dare you to put up a "Kill Annie" option. I dare you, I double-dog dare you.

IDC it's not apart of the hypothetical, I want to see how "Sympathetic" these people truly are.
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
It is controversial

You’re wrong when you say that it’s “not controversial” to say a genocidal maniac is different than a normal prisoner and so we should deny her rights afforded to other prisoners without question

If that were true, we’d get 100 percent the same opinion by everyone

The posts and the polls show controversy, not a lack of one

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Heloin wrote:Just because you haven't read anything I said doesn't make me wrong. I am giving her the meal, I've stated this since the beginning of the thread. But I'd bet that if the option poison her was up there she would be dead.

Actually, Yeah IM. I dare you to put up a "Kill Annie" option. I dare you, I double-dog dare you.

IDC it's not apart of the hypothetical, I want to see how "Sympathetic" these people truly are.

We already explored the possibility of killing her in the previous thread

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:47 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:Actually, Yeah IM. I dare you to put up a "Kill Annie" option. I dare you, I double-dog dare you.

I mean, if you're sooo sure that it's a universal opinion to not kill her, let alone let her eat at Christmas, what do you have to lose by adding the "Kill" Option?
Last edited by Free Arabian Nation on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I mean, if you're sooo sure that it's a controversial opinion to not kill her, what do you have to lose by adding the "Kill" Option?

If there’s more than one opinion, and there’s substantial numbers of people voting differently and proposing different solutions while disagreeing, then it’s Controversial

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:Just because you haven't read anything I said doesn't make me wrong. I am giving her the meal, I've stated this since the beginning of the thread. But I'd bet that if the option poison her was up there she would be dead.

You’re wrong when you say that it’s “not controversial” to say a genocidal maniac is different than a normal prisoner and so we should deny her rights afforded to other prisoners without question

I said it's not a controversial opinion that a genocidal maniac is not the same thing as a normal prisoner. That is true. If you think that isn't true then you are reading more into what I wrote then what's in it.

The polls should be discounted on the previously stated point that people see cute waifu then choose to not kill her purely for that. The posts are overwhelmingly against her and even that ones giving her food (including mine) don't show sympathy towards her plight.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:I mean, if you're sooo sure that it's a controversial opinion to not kill her, what do you have to lose by adding the "Kill" Option?

If there’s more than one opinion, and there’s substantial numbers of people voting differently and proposing different solutions while disagreeing, then it’s Controversial

This thread is 50+ pages of everyone arguing something. Then you arguing something else unrelated.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I said it's not a controversial opinion that a genocidal maniac is not the same thing as a normal prisoner. That is true. If you think that isn't true then you are reading more into what I wrote then what's in it.

The polls should be discounted on the previously stated point that people see cute waifu then choose to not kill her purely for that. The posts are overwhelmingly against her and even that ones giving her food (including mine) don't show sympathy towards her plight.

Firstly, there’s nothing wrong with anime waifu votes, they are just as entitled to their opinion

Secondly, I’ve already shown you at least a few posts where there is concern expressed for her well being

If posters are concerned about humane treatment or comment on her atrocious imprisonment cinditions, then there is concern for her well being

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Firstly, there’s nothing wrong with anime waifu votes, they are just as entitled to their opinion

Uh... yeah. There is.

Because that means the only reason why people tolerate her is because "cute". Essentially meaning your point is mute about "Empathy" and crap because the only reason why they said yes was because "Cute anime girl".
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:I said it's not a controversial opinion that a genocidal maniac is not the same thing as a normal prisoner. That is true. If you think that isn't true then you are reading more into what I wrote then what's in it.

Firstly, there’s nothing wrong with anime waifu votes, they are just as entitled to their opinion

Secondly, I’ve already shown you at least a few posts where there is concern expressed for her well being

If posters are concerned about humane treatment or comment on her atrocious imprisonment cinditions, then there is concern for her well being

Then the poll is bullshit.

One of those posts sort of expressed concern.

I'm one of those people IM. Expressing concern about her being tortured is not the same as being concerned about her well being. Saying that someone should not suffer needlessly doesn't automatically mean I'm going to throw them a parade and give them a puppy.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Firstly, there’s nothing wrong with anime waifu votes, they are just as entitled to their opinion

Uh... yeah. There is.

Because that means the only reason why people tolerate her is because "cute". Essentially meaning your point is mute about "Empathy" and crap because the only reason why they said yes was because "Cute anime girl".

It’s not mutually exclusive

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General