NATION

PASSWORD

Are you afraid of the dark?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yahaba
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yahaba » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:45 pm

Only when my uncle comes over
Business only

Red Roja
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Roja » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:33 am

The dark is afraid of me :D

Seriously, I used to be but I got over it. Now for my job I regularly go into dark attics, basements, and crawlspaces to to service water heaters, furnaces, fix pipes, air ducts, and do electrical work.
I hate conservatism. But, I REALLY FUCKING HATE LIBERALISM!!!!!!

Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:38 am

I'm more afraid of the darkness inside me. [/edge]

But to be serious, not especially "afraid" more like "unnerved" at times. I really have more problem with silence than with darkness.

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:23 am

No.. my ancestors thrived in deep dark forests.. with elves and unicorns.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:59 am

Penguin Union Nation wrote:I'm more afraid of the darkness inside me. [/edge]

But to be serious, not especially "afraid" more like "unnerved" at times. I really have more problem with silence than with darkness.

The silence really adds to it
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:02 am

Rojava Free State wrote:About two minutes ago, after finishing a call with a friend of mine in the basement, I had to switch off all the lights down there before coming back upstairs. After getting the last light turned off, I proceeded to skeddaddle up the steps as fast as I could and slam the door behind me with a bang. Since I was a child, I've been afraid of the dark. I remember when I was a kid, I would wake up in the middle of the night and be terrified of going out into the hallway to get to the restroom, and I would just lay in bed till I fell back asleep or till morning came. To this day I will not sleep in a completely dark room and desire to always keep a light on of some sort. it doesn't help that I'm an avid fan of horror stories, especially creepypastas, and despite being basically an agnostic, I'm still scared of the paranormal.

So now I'm turning the floor over to you NSers. Is anyone else here afraid of the dark and if you are, so you any stories to tell about your phobia? Is there any defined age where a fear of darkness should be lost or is this a fear that can be lifelong? Let me know below

i hate the dark i have constant visions in the dark that i see someone out of the corner of my eye and just ahh... doesn't help that i watch halloween 2018 on repeat :P
This nation doesn't represent my views... this nation represents what I imagine the game Rainbow Six Siege would be like if made into a country
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
My political view down here (updated 2/25/20)
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/4179624586/parties

Totenborg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totenborg » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:18 am

Nah, the dark doesn't bother me at all. In fact, my job often requires me to be in dark, cramped places for extended periods of time like under houses and in attics.
Rabid anti-fascist.
Existential nihilist.
Lifer metalhead.
Unrepentant fan of birds.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General