NATION

PASSWORD

Drying the Neo-Nazis Out

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Ashakad
Secretary

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Drying the Neo-Nazis Out

Postby Ashakad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:55 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48744643

"Beer and marching songs may have fuelled Adolf Hitler's rise to power, but neo-Nazis faced an alcohol ban at a German rock festival at the weekend.

The ban was a new tool in the fight against neo-Nazi influence. Some 2,000 locals in the eastern town of Ostritz also rallied against the far right.

Police seized 4,200 litres (924 UK gallons) of beer in Ostritz on Friday, then 200 litres more on Saturday.

Locals also bought more than 200 crates of beer in the town's supermarkets.

They suspected that fans going to the "Shield and Sword" (SS) festival would descend on supermarkets, knowing about the alcohol ban, which had been imposed by a Dresden court.

An Ostritz society activist, Georg Salditt, told Germany's popular Bild daily: "The plan was devised a week in advance. We wanted to dry the Nazis out. We thought, if an alcohol ban is coming, we'll empty the shelves at the Penny [supermarket]."
"

this is unaltered text copied and pasted directly from the source linked above; i am not resposible for any factual inaccuracies, that's on the editors.

So, if you don't plan on reading the whole article, in a TLDR this town-Ostritz, Germany-is infamous for Neo-Nazi activity. The locals are fighting against that. They organized this plan and hope to keep any violence that may spur from the event at bay. This is only one of many acts the townsfolk are taking staunchly against these Neo-Nazis. You can see more of their acts here.

So, NSG, what do you think about this issue? Is this town doing the right thing? Do the nazis have a right to their alcohol? Should they just ban the event itself? Should they accept this red tide coming in to choke out their freedoms?

I personally think that it'd be more reasonable to just ban the event and tell them to spread their violent, racist garbage elsewhere, but this shows that these people are willing to not only make sacrifices for the antifascist cause, but they're willing to do whatever they can to smudge these scum out.

Also, please remember to abide site rules. You may be a nazi, but you can be a civil nazi.
.THE ASHAKADAN EMPIRE.
Ⲡⲏⲗⲏⲑⲩ Ⲁϣⲁⲭⲁϯⲛ

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:58 am

Nazis were secularists and against monarchy, I see them more as moderates than far right.

Scum? Can you call people that here?
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Chestaan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chestaan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:01 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:Nazis were secularists and against monarchy, I see them more as moderates than far right.

There is nothing moderate about Nazism
Council Communist
TG me if you want to chat, especially about economics, you can never have enough discussions on economics.Especially game theory :)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Getting the Guillotine

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:01 am

Oh well, so they have to be sober nazis. Pretty sure the actual Nazis were against alcohol and hooliganism anyway.

Al Mumtahanah wrote:Nazis were secularists and against monarchy, I see them more as moderates than far right.

Only nazis. Otherwise it is "All X is Y" Trolling.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 am

Fucking Nazism? Moderate? The fuck?
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 am

Chestaan wrote:

Genocide was normal policy for the west at that time. Capitalists did it, communists did it, America did it in the Philippines,, westetnizing Turks did it to the Greeks and Armenians.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:08 am

Highever wrote:

Fucking Nazism? Moderate? The fuck?

Yes the European far right then was in favor of monarchy and against secularism.
Ifreann wrote:

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:08 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Chestaan wrote:

Genocide was normal policy for the west at that time. Capitalists did it, communists did it, America did it in the Philippines,, westetnizing Turks did it to the Greeks and Armenians.

Systematically murdering millions of people was not fucking standard policy. Way to insultingly dismiss the holocaust by making shit up.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Genocide was normal policy for the west at that time. Capitalists did it, communists did it, America did it in the Philippines,, westetnizing Turks did it to the Greeks and Armenians.

Systematically murdering millions of people was not fucking standard policy. Way to insultingly dismiss the holocaust by making shit up.

He is sadly not wrong though, genocide was performed quite a few times in the late 19th to the mid 20th century, such as the Bengali famine and the Belgian Congo atrocities.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

Hopefully this will prevent violence. I can't believe neo-Nazis are still allowed to do things like this, though.

They're definitely not moderates. Genocide is not moderate.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Genocide was normal policy for the west at that time. Capitalists did it, communists did it, America did it in the Philippines,, westetnizing Turks did it to the Greeks and Armenians.

It was, Churchill even advocated it as a way to supress India.
Ifreann wrote:

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

If anything, its an advantage if the Leftists and Antifa are drunker than the Nazis. The Third Reich was in the process of banning tobacco (but never got this done) and might've moved on to restrict alcohol to the elite of the party.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 am

What are Neo-Nazis doing in Germany? I would think the German government would try arresting all of them.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 am

Geneviev wrote:Hopefully this will prevent violence. I can't believe neo-Nazis are still allowed to do things like this, though.

Moderation being a relative term, you could argue they were no worse than the Belgians or the British which did similar atrocities at roughly the same timespan.
Last edited by Great Minarchistan on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 am

Geneviev wrote:Hopefully this will prevent violence. I can't believe neo-Nazis are still allowed to do things like this, though.

The Nazi platform was not genocidal, genocide was an ad hoc course they adopted much later as was common in western imperialism.
Ifreann wrote:

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am

Aeritai wrote:What are Neo-Nazis doing in Germany? I would think the German government would try arresting all of them.

No, the government isn't going to do that. Technically, they're not allowed Nazi symbols, but the government won't do anything.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:17 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:

The Nazi platform was not genocidal, genocide was an ad hoc course they adopted much later as was common in western imperialism.

The platform based entirely around scapegoating an entire people and systematically persecuting and then exterminating them is not genocidal. In other news, water is apparently not wet.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:

The Nazi platform was based on ideas of racial purity and superiority and extreme anti-Semitism. Genocide was almost inevitable with their ideas, even if they didn't call for genocide at first.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 am

It’s Germany, Nazism is considered anathema there, and if this town wishes to forbid them from drinking at a festival due to safety concerns, I say go ahead.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:21 am

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:The Nazi platform was not genocidal, genocide was an ad hoc course they adopted much later as was common in western imperialism.

The platform based entirely around scapegoating an entire people and systematically persecuting and then exterminating them is not genocidal. In other news, water is apparently not wet.

This sort of scapegoating was done to Aftican Americans and immigrant races habitually in American.politics.
Ifreann wrote:

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am

Highever wrote:The platform based entirely around scapegoating an entire people and systematically persecuting and then exterminating them is not genocidal. In other news, water is apparently not wet.

Its simply not true though. Antisemitism was only one core part of the platform as opposed to all of it. Guess what? Antisemitism was popular in most of Europe anyways during early 20th century. There was at least a Madagascar Plan and attempts at mass deportation to alternative countries before what happened happened.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am

Geneviev wrote:
Aeritai wrote:What are Neo-Nazis doing in Germany? I would think the German government would try arresting all of them.

No, the government isn't going to do that. Technically, they're not allowed Nazi symbols, but the government won't do anything.

Well that is sad, I hope this ban will be the first step in stomping out neo-nazis across Germany and hopefully the world.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:The platform based entirely around scapegoating an entire people and systematically persecuting and then exterminating them is not genocidal. In other news, water is apparently not wet.

This sort of scapegoating was done to Aftican Americans and immigrant races habitually in American.politics.

The fact that other detestable practices and genocides happened does not somehow make the nazis okay or downplay the horrors they perpetrated as you seem to continually want to do.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:25 am

Saiwania wrote:

Its simply not true though. Antisemitism was only one core part of the platform as opposed to all of it. Guess what? Antisemitism was popular in most of Europe anyways during early 20th century. There was at least a Madagascar Plan and attempts at mass deportation to alternative countries before what happened that people make too much of a big deal out of.

Which part isnt true? That Nazism was not built around racial superiority and persecution of inferior races or that systemically persecuting those they considered inferior and later exterminating them is not genocide?
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:26 am

Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:This sort of scapegoating was done to Aftican Americans and immigrant races habitually in American.politics.

The fact that other detestable practices and genocides happened does not somehow make the nazis okay or downplay the horrors they perpetrated as you seem to continually want to do.

The point which started this argument was about whether Nazis could or couldn't be considered moderate. Given that moderation is a relative term, you can perfectly argue that they were moderate since other countries (mainly colonial powers like Britain and Belgium) perpetrated similar atrocities within the same historical context.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General