NATION

PASSWORD

Cars need to be banned

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rothbardian Paradise
Spokesperson

Founded: May 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rothbardian Paradise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 am

The Brine wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Exactly.

You think you're SO smart, huh? Well, tell me something mister "know it all" if electric cars are so fucking perfect why haven't they taken off yet???

Cars aren't supposed to fly. If you judge a car by its ability to fly, it will spend its whole life thinking its stupid.

The Brine
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Brine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 am

-Ocelot- wrote:It's a good idea but a total ban would be bad.

What should happen ideally is that inner city areas with a lot of traffic should ban cars. A car has other uses compared to public transportation, so getting rid of all cars would be bad for the economy. We should incentivize people to use public transportation instead. Some places (e.g In the UK) apply congestion charges to minimize traffic but that's essentially a car bad for the poor(er) only and not a real solution.

Banning cars could have some really good effects on the environment. 70% of extracted oil goes to car/plane/ship fuel. Not only we can stop wasting oil on car fuel, we'll also reduce emissions and keep the air clean in big cities. Everybody wins, except big corporations that benefit from excessive car use.

You may think public transportation sucks but that's only because societies have been choosing to pour more resources on cars. In a car-less world, public transportation would be extremely efficient, would cover more people, and would offer more solutions to the average person. While keeping emissions and energy waste to a minimum. It's really a resource allocation thing.

See, this guy gets me!
Come as you are.

Ayissor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayissor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 am

The Brine wrote:

You think you're SO smart, huh? Well, tell me something mister "know it all" if electric cars are so fucking perfect why haven't they taken off yet???

Easy, because people are reluctant to change cars, cars are not toasters and can last for decades, why switch from one thing to another if you already have something that does good enough? You do realize cars are fairly expensive?

The Brine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 am

Rothbardian Paradise wrote:
The Brine wrote:You think you're SO smart, huh? Well, tell me something mister "know it all" if electric cars are so fucking perfect why haven't they taken off yet???

Cars aren't supposed to fly. If you judge a car by its ability to fly, it will spend its whole life thinking its stupid.

Not funny, asshole.
Come as you are.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 am

The Brine wrote:

Because many prefer to stick to their old cars. And they’re still bigger in the market.

Actually, I’ve recently seen electric cars on the road as taxis, here in Singapore. Not sure if they are driverless either.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:19 am

Ayissor wrote: if you already have something that does good enough? You do realize cars are fairly expensive?

Electric cars even more so. DO you think that everyone can afford the expense?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Brine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 am

Ayissor wrote:
The Brine wrote:You think you're SO smart, huh? Well, tell me something mister "know it all" if electric cars are so fucking perfect why haven't they taken off yet???

Easy, because people are reluctant to change cars, cars are not toasters and can last for decades, why switch from one thing to another if you already have something that does good enough? You do realize cars are fairly expensive?

No, people are just ignorant, they just don't want to accept the fact that trains might just become their new favorite toy.
Come as you are.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:

Because many prefer to stick to their old cars. Don't have money to waste on new cars

Makes sense to me
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:21 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Because many prefer to stick to their old cars. Don't have money to waste on new cars

Makes sense to me

Hah, yeah you’re right.

The Brine wrote:
Ayissor wrote:Easy, because people are reluctant to change cars, cars are not toasters and can last for decades, why switch from one thing to another if you already have something that does good enough? You do realize cars are fairly expensive?

No, people are just ignorant, they just don't want to accept the fact that trains might just become their new favorite toy.

No, they don’t want to accept biased opinions and they prefer the luxury of their car.

Ayissor
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayissor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:21 am

The Brine wrote:
Ayissor wrote:Easy, because people are reluctant to change cars, cars are not toasters and can last for decades, why switch from one thing to another if you already have something that does good enough? You do realize cars are fairly expensive?

YOUR new favorite toy, and while yes, people are ignorant, they are at the very least not as stupid to assume trains can be a good method of transportation for an entire metropolitan area.
Do you think New York City can rely solely on trains with a capacity of say, 1000 people? REALLY?

Alien Overlord
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alien Overlord » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:21 am

If it's any consolation, i thought it was funny.
Walkerfort wrote:so...

Banning cars will lead to a clusterfuck of mininations everywhere and attempting to mash two Eras together miserably and 1984 style dictatorships

butterfly effect when give a butterfly cocaine

Ayissor wrote:
Alien Overlord wrote:You mean the proles living in tribes right? The ones who were also brainwashed 1984 style?

Yup, who else? Workers? Ha, as if we need them in our anarcho-primitivist-orwellian utopia dystopia federation.

The Brine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Because many prefer to stick to their old cars. Don't have money to waste on new cars

Makes sense to me

Which is exactly the reason we need to go back to the Stone Age. Just think about it, we won't have to pay taxes/or pay corporate assholes anymore who only care about greed and power.
Come as you are.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 am

The Brine wrote:

People are ignorant that trains are a thing? Please, show me these people. And don't go to the depths of the Amazon or the Congo to find them, as that's cheating. ;)
Last edited by The New California Republic on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Walkerfort
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Walkerfort » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 am

The Brine wrote:

brine.... Please... trains are nice but... cars are here to stay... but since you tried to push your point hard, I'll ship a thomas the tank engine model to you next week okay?
Well... It's been a while.

thinking of reforming my nation

Rothbardian Paradise
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rothbardian Paradise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 am

The Brine wrote:

Not funny, asshole.

I prefer the term "hemorrhoid."

Ayissor
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayissor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:23 am

The Brine wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Makes sense to me

Which is exactly the reason we need to go back to the Stone Age. Just think about it, we won't have to pay taxes/or pay corporate assholes anymore who only care about greed and power.

So are we using trains or going back to the stone age? Make up your bloody mind, again.

The Brine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:23 am

Ayissor wrote:
The Brine wrote:No, people are just ignorant, they just don't want to accept the fact that trains might just become their new favorite toy.

YOUR new favorite toy, and while yes, people are ignorant, they are at the very least not as stupid to assume trains can be a good method of transportation for an entire metropolitan area.
Do you think New York City can rely solely on trains with a capacity of say, 1000 people? REALLY?

I think New York City has more than 1000 people, dumbass.
Come as you are.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 am

The Brine wrote:
Ayissor wrote:YOUR new favorite toy, and while yes, people are ignorant, they are at the very least not as stupid to assume trains can be a good method of transportation for an entire metropolitan area.

He/she meant 1000 per train. That's literally the definition of "capacity"

Ayissor
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayissor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 am

The Brine wrote:
Ayissor wrote:YOUR new favorite toy, and while yes, people are ignorant, they are at the very least not as stupid to assume trains can be a good method of transportation for an entire metropolitan area.

Not what I said, I meant trains with the capacity of a thousand people is enough to transport 9 million people around the city?

Rothbardian Paradise
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rothbardian Paradise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:25 am

The Brine wrote:

Prove it.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:25 am

The Brine wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Makes sense to me

Ah shit here we go again.

So you realise that everything you just said isn’t adding up and is crushed by facts, realises you brought it up before and decided that it would be a great idea to scrap everything and say it’ll be easier back in the Stone Age where all this shit wouldn’t even be debated because there’s no cars.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:25 am

Ayissor wrote:
The Brine wrote:I think New York City has more than 1000 people, dumbass.

Not what I said, I meant trains with the capacity of a thousand people is enough to transport 9 million people around the city?

No. More than 9 million people. That number excludes tourists, and those who live out of town but commute into NYC for work/shopping/etc.

The Brine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Brine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 am

Ayissor wrote:
The Brine wrote:I think New York City has more than 1000 people, dumbass.

Actually, the population of New York City is 8.623 million. You were wrong again, CLEARLY proving my point that you are in fact 100% genuine dumbass.
Come as you are.

Ayissor
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayissor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 am

The Brine wrote:
Ayissor wrote:Not what I said, I meant trains with the capacity of a thousand people is enough to transport 9 million people around the city?

Actually, the population of New York City is 8.623 million. You were wrong again, CLEARLY proving my point that you are in fact 100% genuine dumbass.

If that's your argument, then I have already won it.

Rothbardian Paradise
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rothbardian Paradise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:28 am

The Brine wrote:
Ayissor wrote:Not what I said, I meant trains with the capacity of a thousand people is enough to transport 9 million people around the city?

It's good to know that despite your belief that Ayissor is a dumbass, you still affirm the sincerity of her beliefs.
Last edited by Rothbardian Paradise on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General