NATION

PASSWORD

Alabama Allows Religious Police

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Wait till the ancaps here about this

Private police are not a new thing.
I do not see why this is newsworthy. Many other private schools already have private police.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Novus America wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Wait till the ancaps here about this

Private police are not a new thing.
I do not see why this is newsworthy. Many other private schools already have private police.

Eastern Michigan University near my old apartment has its own police force.

Of course, Ypsilanti is a dump akin to Detroit or Flint so maybe two forces is better than one there
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Fostoria wrote:Misleading as fuck, this is literally private security.

As has been seen in recent years, religious institutions need to protect themselves.

Not sure why they need private police to do it though. My church just has everyone carry and some security volunteers.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Novus America wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:I'm still uneasy, though not in panic-for-me-and-my-friends'-lives mode like I was on reading the title.

Seriously, why can't they just have a security guard or a normal officer patrol the area if they need it that badly?

Because it is a large school. Large schools sometimes need their security to have limited arrest powers to do their job properly. And large private schools having private police is not uncommon.

That... still doesn't answer why they couldn't have normal officer(s) do the thing.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Fostoria wrote:Misleading as fuck, this is literally private security.

As has been seen in recent years, religious institutions need to protect themselves.

Not sure why they need private police to do it though. My church just has everyone carry and some security volunteers.

Helps to have legal legitimacy and not just be Joe the guy doing security stuff.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Because it is a large school. Large schools sometimes need their security to have limited arrest powers to do their job properly. And large private schools having private police is not uncommon.

That... still doesn't answer why they couldn't have normal officer(s) do the thing.

I mean, they could, but why?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:25 pm

Telconi wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Not sure why they need private police to do it though. My church just has everyone carry and some security volunteers.

Helps to have legal legitimacy and not just be Joe the guy doing security stuff.

We hire a city police officer for when it gets really out of hand, but Texas has some rather lax defense of property laws.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Sounds more like a private security guard sorta dealio.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Saves money, and actually creates LESS government involvement in religion.
Permanently assigning police to a church owned school seems worse than allowing the school its own private police.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Telconi wrote:

We hire a city police officer for when it gets really out of hand, but Texas has some rather lax defense of property laws.

Well that helps, we can't hire a city police officer and California doesn't have good laws in regards to defense of property. So we get stuck with Joe the guy running security, or on every third Sunday Telconi the guy.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Telconi wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

Why waste taxpayer money on a) this law, b) training of officer(s) who are only ever going to patrol this specific place, and c) the legal challenge(s) this is likely going to face?

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Why waste taxpayer money on a) this law, b) training of officer(s) who are only ever going to patrol this specific place, and c) the legal challenge(s) this is likely going to face?

You're literally arguing against a publicly funded officer, in support of your desire for a publicly funded officer...

What ... the ... fuck?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Telconi wrote:
Diopolis wrote:We hire a city police officer for when it gets really out of hand, but Texas has some rather lax defense of property laws.

Well that helps, we can't hire a city police officer and California doesn't have good laws in regards to defense of property. So we get stuck with Joe the guy running security, or on every third Sunday Telconi the guy.

And Cali won't allow something like this either. Our priests've kept a gun by the door of the rectory for a while, and that can't be illegal even in Cali, can it?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Telconi wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

You're literally arguing against a publicly funded officer, in support of your desire for a publicly funded officer...

What ... the ... fuck?

Try actually reading what I wrote.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:36 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

What ... the ... fuck?

I did, still stupid.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:36 pm

It's just a private security to protect the church grounds.

More left-wing hysteria over nothing.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Telconi wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

I did, still stupid.

If you read it, then why didn't you at least edit your response? You should have known by then it made no sense.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Telconi wrote:
I did, still stupid.

If you read it, then why didn't you at least edit your response? You should have known by then it made no sense.

But it does. You don't want taxpayer money spent on this, which is why we should spend taxpayer money on this.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Who says taxpayer money is being used?
Just require the private entity to pay the cost of the training (which they are probably already required to do).
And having private police forces at schools is not something new or unusual.
So why is it more likely to create a legal challenge?

I never heard people freaking out over this.
https://police.nd.edu/?utm_campaign=red ... dsp.nd.edu
Last edited by Novus America on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Wow, an church with security guards.Truly the end of the separation of Church and State.

Top tier bait, 10/10
Last edited by Skarten on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:45 pm

I approve. They might need to defend against Islamists.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:46 pm

I have an idea, why don't we all just buy weapons to defend ourselves in the melee that is america? Why stop at armed guards when we can arm everyone?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:I approve. They might need to defend against Islamists.

In a place like alabama, Islamist insurgents are less of a threat than swallowing a chicken bone accidentally. You're statistically more likely to die From a car crash than a terror attack out there.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:I have an idea, why don't we all just buy weapons to defend ourselves in the melee that is america? Why stop at armed guards when we can arm everyone?

Churches should have armories.

Change my mind.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:I have an idea, why don't we all just buy weapons to defend ourselves in the melee that is america? Why stop at armed guards when we can arm everyone?

Contrary to popular belief not anyone can buy any gun in America.
Let alone legally carry it.
Many states effectively ban carry permits to pretty much everyone except private security and the rich. (We should change that though)

But yes, if you wish to legally arm yourself than do so.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General