NATION

PASSWORD

Alabama Allows Religious Police

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Telconi wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I have an idea, why don't we all just buy weapons to defend ourselves in the melee that is america? Why stop at armed guards when we can arm everyone?

Churches should have armories.

Change my mind.

Expand the Swiss guard and put a detachment in every catholic church in the world.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Skarten wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Churches should have armories.

Change my mind.

Expand the Swiss guard and put a detachment in every catholic church in the world.

I mean if they had the Notre Dame University Police wear Swiss Guards uniforms and carry halberds and great swords that would be pretty funny.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Communist Zombie Horde wrote:I approve. They might need to defend against Islamists.

In a place like alabama, Islamist insurgents are less of a threat than swallowing a chicken bone accidentally. You're statistically more likely to die From a car crash than a terror attack out there.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/bill-intro ... 91c40.html
https://abc3340.com/news/nation-world/f ... ror-traini
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Mansoor_Al-Amriki
Radical Islamic terror plans exist in Alabama and it is a cancer waiting to lash out.
Guns don't work against chickens or cars.
Last edited by Communist Zombie Horde on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Novus America wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I have an idea, why don't we all just buy weapons to defend ourselves in the melee that is america? Why stop at armed guards when we can arm everyone?

Contrary to popular belief not anyone can buy any gun in America.
Let alone legally carry it.
Many states effectively ban carry permits to pretty much everyone except private security and the rich. (We should change that though)

But yes, if you wish to legally arm yourself than do so.

Don't need a carry permit on private property.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Novus America wrote:
Skarten wrote:

I mean if they had the Notre Dame University Police wear Swiss Guards uniforms and carry halberds and great swords that would be pretty funny.

>Thief tries to steal from the church
>Gets cleaved in half by a halberd

Now that, is something i would pay to see.
Last edited by Skarten on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Telconi wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:
If you read it, then why didn't you at least edit your response? You should have known by then it made no sense.

But it does. You don't want taxpayer money spent on this, which is why we should spend taxpayer money on this.

Even if you were making a logical counterargument, that's still, what? One point out of three I made?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Telconi wrote:
But it does. You don't want taxpayer money spent on this, which is why we should spend taxpayer money on this.

Even if you were making a logical counterargument, that's still, what? One point out of three I made?

You made points?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gagium » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Cool, a church in Alabama now has security guards on their property? Nice.

What’s the big deal?
E

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
In a place like alabama, Islamist insurgents are less of a threat than swallowing a chicken bone accidentally. You're statistically more likely to die From a car crash than a terror attack out there.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/bill-intro ... 91c40.html
Radical Islamic terror plans exist in Alabama and it is a cancer waiting to lash out.

Wow you found a guy from Alabama who joined jihadists R us. Dude, your likelihood of being a victim of an Islamist attack anywhere in america is pretty low. Jihadism in Alabama is to cancer what the mole on my upper torso is to said illness. You're more likely to be killed by some random gang member or mugger or sovereign citizen than a jihadi. I support everyone being armed just as much as you, but Americans overblow the threat of Islamic terrorism so much that it almost become a like the new red scare
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:02 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Communist Zombie Horde wrote:https://www.fox10tv.com/news/bill-intro ... 91c40.html

Wow you found a guy from Alabama who joined jihadists R us. Dude, your likelihood of being a victim of an Islamist attack anywhere in america is pretty low. Jihadism in Alabama is to cancer what the mole on my upper torso is to said illness. You're more likely to be killed by some random gang member or mugger or sovereign citizen than a jihadi. I support everyone being armed just as much as you, but Americans overblow the threat of Islamic terrorism so much that it almost become a like the new red scare

Carey defends from robbery and murder . Lots of anti white Christan exists in poor black communities and attacks could happen unless tensions started up by Democrats resolve. Arming the church will help in incase there are shootings like the one at Christchurch (which wouldn't have happened without New Zealnds insane gun laws). Freedom of religion will only exist if you can protect religious property from attackers like it's your own.

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

Blanjiland
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Blanjiland » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:03 pm

All I'm really going to say about this.
An Oligarchic state where the ultra-rich govern a nation of entrepreneurs and innovators. Just as corrupt, hedonistic and materialistic as you think, despite its progressive policies and emphasis on quality of life.

Factbook
Tirole wins third term | BAF ends all operations outside Bangkok | Tirole approves investigation into alleged atrocities committed by BAF | Recession aftermath hits Northern France | Death Penalty for suicide overturned, “[The Law] seemed kind of silly” Lower Parliament says | National Vaccination Campaign in full force | Blanji Man steals 57 cats in broad daylight

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Telconi wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Contrary to popular belief not anyone can buy any gun in America.
Let alone legally carry it.
Many states effectively ban carry permits to pretty much everyone except private security and the rich. (We should change that though)

But yes, if you wish to legally arm yourself than do so.

True. But it would be nice to be able to carry off my property.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

Carey defends from robbery and murder . Lots of anti white Christan exists in poor black communities and attacks could happen unless tensions started up by Democrats resolve. Arming the church will help in incase there are shootings like the one at Christchurch (which wouldn't have happened without New Zealnds insane gun laws). Freedom of religion will only exist if you can protect religious property from attackers like it's your own.

So basically it's only necessary in your paranoid fantasy world.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Skarten wrote:
Novus America wrote:

>Thief tries to steal from the church
>Gets cleaved in half by a halberd

Now that, is something i would pay to see.

Well I think that would still be a bit unreasonable use of force... :?
But “school shooting at Norte Dame averted when gunman sliced in half with halberd” now that would be something.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Novus America wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Hey if the pastor gives permission to carry concealed on church property...
Even our old women and teenaged boys are armed here. Islamists wouldn't last long enough to finish their arabic battlecry.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Even our old women and teenaged boys are armed here. Islamists wouldn't last long enough to finish their arabic battlecry.

I don't think children should be carrying guns around but they should know how to shoot them.

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gagium » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Communist Zombie Horde wrote:Carey defends from robbery and murder . Lots of anti white Christan exists in poor black communities and attacks could happen unless tensions started up by Democrats resolve. Arming the church will help in incase there are shootings like the one at Christchurch (which wouldn't have happened without New Zealnds insane gun laws). Freedom of religion will only exist if you can protect religious property from attackers like it's your own.

So basically it's only necessary in your paranoid fantasy world.

IDK man. Count the number of recent shootings involving churches and other religious institutions in the US, and you'll find that this paranoid fantasy world is unfortunately ours...

I mean, except for the whole anti-'white christian' attacks by blacks. That's not happening...I'd think.
E

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

I agree with defending any property one holds dear, but the boogeymen you're coming up with aren't the most likely issues the church will face. Random burglars and vandals are more likely. The black community does have more anti white individuals than I would be comfortable with but the likelihood of one of them attacking your church in specific is low and the chance of a full blown race war is minimal considering most black and white people don't wanna fight. In America, the person most likely to kill you will probably kill you over some garbage like your wallet or car or what you said about them and less likely over political or religious motives. Of the 15,000 murders that happen in this nation annually, 90+% are motivated by either money, gang turf or a personal vendetta
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Novus America wrote:

That is cool with me. I have no problem with that. But having a fully trained officer too would not be a bad thing, if your church could afford it.
Especially for dealing with lesser crimes like trespassing and stuff.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Diopolis wrote:Hey if the pastor gives permission to carry concealed on church property...

I don't think children should be carrying guns around but they should know how to shoot them.

Age appropriate sidearms would fix school shootings, you have to admit.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Novus America wrote:
Skarten wrote:

No, make them wear kilts and caubeens and carry a loaded shillelagh.

And they have to call every person they reprimand/arrest "ye heathen".
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 pm

The gun control thread is down the hall on your right. This is not it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Novus America wrote:

No, make them wear kilts and caubeens and carry a loaded shillelagh.

No, dressed as leprechauns.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:19 pm

Diopolis wrote:
The Two Jerseys wrote:No, make them wear kilts and caubeens and carry a loaded shillelagh.

No, dressed as leprechauns.

I was gonna make a joke about the Irish Republican Army but I think I'll refrain lol

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Diopolis wrote:No, dressed as leprechauns.

I was gonna make a joke about the Irish Republican Army but I think I'll refrain lol

Hey, the irishmen are cops and catholics.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General