NATION

PASSWORD

The Empire is here..

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

I will..

..put on my white plastic armour and sign up
36%
..put on my robe and wizard hat
12%
..form a criminal smuggling gang
No votes
..complete the Kessel Run in 11 parsecs
12%
..receive appropriate training from Obi Wan KeHasselhoff
14%
..click polls to the end of time
19%
..other
7%

Total votes : 42

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:
Potentially some sort of material beyond mankind's current understanding.

That makes sense. I've always assumed a lot of UFO sightings were just secret military/prototype aircraft. Humans using this kind of technology seems unlikely in my opinion, but so does actual aliens. Not sure what to think. Maybe the military's sensors are faulty after all?

Is it safe to think that if humans are hiding aliens from us, they’re hiding advanced technology from us, too? Since, if we’re on the same level on the former, we might as well believe the latter.

But naw, the military’s sensors are most likely faulty.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Arlenton wrote:That makes sense. I've always assumed a lot of UFO sightings were just secret military/prototype aircraft. Humans using this kind of technology seems unlikely in my opinion, but so does actual aliens. Not sure what to think. Maybe the military's sensors are faulty after all?

Is it safe to think that if humans are hiding aliens from us, they’re hiding advanced technology from us, too? Since, if we’re on the same level on the former, we might as well believe the latter.

There's likely more than one government hiding advanced technology, even though "advanced technology" could simply be new heat-absorbing materials, cloaking devices, etc. Stuff that is within the realm of known science but isn't yet acknowledge because of national security reasons.

Top secret aircraft projects would be within the realm of these kinds of things. After all, what better thing to test out top secret aircraft programs on than your own pilots who don't know what they're looking at.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Is it safe to think that if humans are hiding aliens from us, they’re hiding advanced technology from us, too? Since, if we’re on the same level on the former, we might as well believe the latter.

There's likely more than one government hiding advanced technology, even though "advanced technology" could simply be new heat-absorbing materials, cloaking devices, etc. Stuff that is within the realm of known science but isn't yet acknowledge because of national security reasons.

Top secret aircraft projects would be within the realm of these kinds of things. After all, what better thing to test out top secret aircraft programs on than your own pilots who don't know what they're looking at.

I don’t understand. Why does the Government want to hide secret aircraft projects when they could reveal them? I don’t see the harm in doing so.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

I don’t understand. Why does the Government want to hide secret aircraft projects when they could reveal them? I don’t see the harm in doing so.

National security reasons. Things stay secret for a reason.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Try to delay other countries copying their secrets.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Out of interest, NASA recently released the first images of planes actually breaking the sound barrier.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443RLEnu_UI

This is in part to help create craft that don't create a sonic boom.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:I don’t understand. Why does the Government want to hide secret aircraft projects when they could reveal them? I don’t see the harm in doing so.

Try to delay other countries copying their secrets.

But countries by themselves can make up their own, too. By coincidence they could have the same ideas.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Galloism wrote:Try to delay other countries copying their secrets.

But countries by themselves can make up their own, too. By coincidence they could have the same ideas.

Could, but less likely.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:But countries by themselves can make up their own, too. By coincidence they could have the same ideas.

Could, but less likely.

Still has a chance. With news leaking, not to mention that they have a headstart, they might as well show others their weapons now for intimidation.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Galloism wrote:Could, but less likely.

Still has a chance. With news leaking, not to mention that they have a headstart, they might as well show others their weapons now for intimidation.

Not really.

Think about in terms of corporate secrets, only involving a hell of a lot more money. Then it’ll make sense to you.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Still has a chance. With news leaking, not to mention that they have a headstart, they might as well show others their weapons now for intimidation.

Not really.

Think about in terms of corporate secrets, only involving a hell of a lot more money. Then it’ll make sense to you.

Meh, that’s true, too.

But if they wanted to keep it a secret, shouldn’t they fly it somewhere and sometime when Military aircrafts are grounded for the reason to test?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Galloism wrote:Not really.

Meh, that’s true, too.

But if they wanted to keep it a secret, shouldn’t they fly it somewhere and sometime when Military aircrafts are grounded for the reason to test?

Arguably yes. But mistakes happen.

When I was a little kid, a B-2 stealth bomber that Uncle Sam pinky swore didn’t exist and with the purported shape couldn’t even possibly fly actually passed over our car driving down a two lane blacktop - just above the trees.

In broad daylight.
Last edited by Galloism on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Galloism wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Meh, that’s true, too.

Arguably yes. But mistakes happen.

When I was a little kid, a B-2 stealth bomber that Uncle Sam pinky swore didn’t exist and with the purported shape couldn’t even possibly fly actually passed over our car driving down a two lane blacktop - just above the trees.

In broad daylight.

Oh well, but isn’t it before long that witnesses forgot about the sighting, at most, remembered the aircraft but never cared to research it?
Last edited by Bluelight-R006 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:00 am

8)
Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Galloism wrote:Arguably yes. But mistakes happen.

In broad daylight.

Oh well, but isn’t it before long that witnesses forgot about the sighting, at most, remembered the aircraft but never cared to research it?

It was kind of an open secret at the time.

Everybody knew about it, there were pictures, but officially it didn’t exist, they were all hoaxes, and an airplane that shape couldn’t actually fly.

That contrasts heavily with our hypersonic craft that has no heat signature problem. Before they lied about the physics, this time we know the physics.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:51 am

I told you people trumps hair piece was an alien being. I warned you... but. Noooooooo, no one listened to me
Ethel you are crazy they said
Ethel it's just a combover, they said,
It's just a bad weave, they said

But now, look what's happening, they are coming for their brethren look who is laughing now.

HA HA, Ha ha, ha, ha. Haaaaaa
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:52 am

I'd bow down and pledge myself to the Galactic Empire.

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:55 am

Nakena wrote:I'd bow down and pledge myself to the Galactic Empire.

I'm with you.

Humanity will prosper under the wise guidance of our Emperor.

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:11 am

We don't know the politics of these supposed extraterrestrials if they do exist. I am skeptical because many landings are faked and hoax images are easy to make. Still r&d is needed for more advanced technology which is more useful than maintaining welfare. Trumps space force looks promising but Democrats want money for extravagant projects for societies laziest and weakest rather than common defense of the American peoples.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:49 pm

The empire is now nowhere

Catburg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Catburg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Bombadil wrote:Check out the video from the news clip.. Link - apologies for FOX News but whatevs.

Clearly that's a TIE fighter, the Senate is being briefed..

The Defense Department reportedly briefed Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va., on Wednesday, along with two other senators as part of what appeared to be heightened efforts to inform politicians about naval encounters with unidentified aircraft.

Warner's spokesperson indicated that the senator sought to probe safety concerns surrounding "unexplained interference" naval pilots faced, according to Politico. The outlet reported more briefings were being requested as news surfaced that the Navy revised its procedures for personnel reporting on unusual aircraft sightings.

As part of a program investigating the issue, Navy personnel reportedly told Pentagon officials that they encountered aircraft that appeared to defy the laws of physics and aerodynamics while in military airspace.

Navy strike group pilots also reported seeing strange objects flying above 30,000 feet at hypersonic speeds with no visible engine or infrared exhaust fumes, according to the New York Times.

Will you meekly acquiesce to the Emperor or will you be joining the resistance?

I will join the resistance. Better dead than a slave.

Catburg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Catburg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:01 pm

-Ocelot- wrote:
Nakena wrote:I'd bow down and pledge myself to the Galactic Empire.

I'm with you.

Humanity will prosper under the wise guidance of our Emperor.

As we all know, Aztecs will prosper under the wise guidance of our Spanish king.

No. We have to expand as much as possible in space so that this kind of shit doesn’t happen. I don’t want alien conquistadors to appear.

Hope we aren’t actually stuck in some celestial Fiji or we are fucked.
Last edited by Catburg on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General